Hot July ain't good to me
[html]
Yes, I know it's not july XDDD

She laughed at the look of surprise upon the young boy's face when the leaf fell on top of his head, catching up to him. The tree that they were sitting under had unusually large leaves, unlike anything Naniko had seen before, all of a bright red color. Salem looked embarrassed when she pulled it from on top of his head, and he reached up to bat at it a little bit, in retribution. "We cans...catches them" He said quietly, looking up into the branches of the tree. "in our moufs." Naniko nodded in agreement. No one had come by so far, and this would be something to do while they waited.

She was teaching Salem a lesson about borders, trying to show him that you had to stop at the borders of someone elses' lands to show respect to them. Sometimes it was a short wait, sometimes a long one...but that you couldn't just go right in. At her nod the young black whelp began the game, jumping up into the air after the leaves as they fell down.

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v469/ ... DOTAHT.png); background-position:top; background-repeat:no-repeat;">
Deuce and taliesin were walking together. Tal hadn't quite learned to shift yet, but Deuce figured it was only a matter of time before he got the hang of it. He was very curious about her pregnancy, and a little confused about the father of the litter she was carrying. It was okay. He'd figure it out soon enough. She knew they were due somewhat soon, lately she'd been feeling heavier and heavier. She was ranging less further away from home. She wanted to be here when they came, in her house. She hoped Haku would be there, but she didn't know. She just wanted the face of a loved one, any loved one, to be at her side.
Taliesin stopped and stiffened. "Mom, there's someone out there."
Deuce sniffed at the air. "Yes, dear. it's Naniko, and probably one of her pups." They continued on, stopping when they saw the two. Deuce smiled warmly at the pair. "Hello, hello! It's been a long time!" She loooed at the pup. "Which one is this, and where are the rest? My, but they've grown a lot."
[/html]
[html]

Naniko had been really grateful to have so many wolves around when she had given birth. With many mothers it was a very private matter, and other pack members, unless they were very close, weren't normally allowed near...but times were changing. And Naniko trusted the members of the pack with her life, and she took on the burden of being responsible for their well-being as well. It was a nice give-and-take. Deuce and Iskata had both come over from Phoenix Valley to help her, and in turn she had come to Phoenix Valley when Iskata had given birth.

She didn't know about Deuce yet, though, not anything about a pregnancy. Nani knew that she had a lot to learn about raising pups, and was glad to get advice from an older, more experienced female. And about how to balance things out--between time for the pack, time for Anu, time for the pups, and time for herself. It really was difficult.

"Hello! I've only come by with Salem this time, but more will probably venture over here eventually. He's sticking with me for a little while while the others are off doing their own thing. I thought it'd be good to make them familiar with the surrounding lands--what places were good to go into and what places weren't. This is a good place" She grinned at Deuce, her tail waving from side to side. "And your young man's grown quite a bit, too." She wasn't mad that Tali had left Twilight Vale when he had; it made sense, really, that he would want to stay with his parents. "Would you mind if we came in?"

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v469/ ... DOTAHT.png); background-position:top; background-repeat:no-repeat;">
She gave the white woman a smile. "Of course. You and your pups are always welcome here." She was glad to see an old friend who wasn't at odds with her. It seemd like just yesterday she'd been removed from the pack she'd been with since they'd come over the mountain. Now she'd moved on, become a better wolfess. And still it didn't seem quite right, since Lucifer was still playing the part of a submissive. While it was fun in bed, se didn't like it on a daily basis.
She drew herself from her thoughts as Taliesin neared Salem, investigating him. "He sure is small, momma." Deuce laughed softly. "Hard to believe you were once that small, isn't it?" Sje smiled at Naniko. "Come on. My cabin isn't too far from here."

[/html]
[html]

It was always good to be around friends and family, and it put Naniko in a good mood. Things had happened in the past, but that was a part of being friends with someone. You give a little bit, they give a little bit. You could still be angry with someone who you were friends with, but eventually things would get better if the friendship was genuine. "How is Phoenix Valley doing?" She asked as they walked. Naniko didn't know if Savina often went to surrounding areas to visit them and find out about how they were, so now that she was able to she wanted to get out and see how everyone was.

"It's hard to believe that all of us were that small. I don't remember much from back then...but being little was an adventure." She followed after the older female, Salem walking to her left and looking at Taliesin with interest. "You've got a cabin of your own here? I can't wait to see it" Naniko said.

[/html]
((Sorry about the lateness. RL been rough latey. D: )

Deuce walked alongside the unshifted mother and son, her eyes occasionally flicking back to check on tal. He'd been a little vauge since Noah had left the lands. It concerned the mother. Naniko's words brought her back from her distracted musings, and she smiled. "most of us stay in cabins, actually. though some of our members prefer to have traditional dens. I find the cabin is easier to store all my herbs and such. I actually have two, my home, and a cabin for my occasional patients."

How was the Valley doing? "We have our ups and downs. members are on the low side, but we have some very skilled hunters, and a herd of cows, just in case game gives out." We're doing as well as we can, was what the woman was saying, really. They weren't big pack on totem pole, but neither were they on the bottom anymore.
[html]

Many wolf families were scattered nowadays, and she was glad that Deuce's son was staying with her. Naniko still felt bad about not being able to find Dierdre in the fire--but it made her feel a little better to know that Deuce did have someone with her. And she had Lucifer, too, didn't she? "That's good. I hadn't been up to see Mom for a while, so that's the main reason that I came. It's harder when we're both in different packs...but both of us wanted to live our own lives, too. Crimson Dreams is doing well" She nodded.

She looked ahead to where she imagined the cabin might be. "Ah, I see. About the cabin. Human buildings have nice structure--they keep out all the wind. It's nice"

[/html]
"i'm glad to hear that your pack is doing well. I see jazz from time to time, he's grown up into quite the little warrior." Not that the dark boy was much of a boy anymore. That was okay. pups grew, they changed and moved on. It was part of life. Deuce had come to accept that, although she would never accept Dierdre's loss. She didn't blame naniko for that, though. Some things were unavoidable. At least the two pale woman had saved the pups, Deuce's grandchildren.

Soon, they arrived at the cabin. Tal bounded up te stairs and though the doggy door, into the house. Deuce smiled indulgently. She wlaked up the stairs, pulling the door open. "Come on in out of the cold. I've got a nce fire going, and it's warm."
[html]

Jazper was a big help to her in the pack; she'd been so happy when he had decided to stay through the pack change. Crimson Dreams was better for him staying. She nodded in agreement to the older wolf, grinning. "He's great. Someday he'll have pups of his own, too--I bet he'd make a great father." Jazper was like...a nephew to her, in a way. Not like a son, she couldn't claim that, but he was definitely a part of the family.

She breathed a sigh of relief when they got inside, and Salem shook a bit of snow off of his pelt. "it feels great in here. Buildings are great." Mmmm. So warm. She stood near the fire, holding out her hands so that they would be warmed. "Do you still practice medicine?" She asked curiously, still looking into the flames. Salem came beside her, looking at the fire as well.

[/html]
Naniko voiced her thoughts on Jazz being a grat father, and Deuce nodded. Yes, he would be. Lucifer had certainly showed him what NOT to do. She didn't voice her thought though. This was to be a pleasant meeting, not one of bitter wounds. At naniko's question on whether or not she still practiced, she opened a cupboard. The shelves were lined with roots and bottles of herbs and other miscelanious crafts.

With a smile, she replied, "I dabble a bit. When you made crimson dreams, did you keep our herb garden? Or was that part of the lands you annexed off?" She was curious, after all. The herb garden had been her project too, and she'd left it behind when she'd been removed from the pack.
[html]

"Ah...yes. We did. It was right next to the mansion, and the pack wanted to keep that building...I agreed. The pups like to play in it, and I can bring patients in there." She and Anu were raising their children in a cave a little ways away from the manor, but the children did like to go over and play in it every once in a while.

"What do the wolves in Phoenix Valley do for fun? Are there many other pups here?" She was wondering about Iskata's pups, if they would have playmates.

[/html]