Stay away from Juliet
[html]

Ember was getting along a little better since she had met Bane; he'd given her a few helpful tips on how to keep her injuries clean and taken care of. It seemed that Ember was always getting hurt in one way or another, and she'd always healed just fine before...but these bites weren't healing as well as all the other injuries had before. It was like Hybrid was some sort of infection himself; even after he was physically gone he was still there, causing her pain.

But this she had asked for. Ember would never tell anyone, and she wasn't sure how much Tayui knew about what had occurred between Hybrid and herself, though. So as far as she knew, it was all between her and Hybrid. And who would believe him if he told anyone?

She sat down in one of the broken desks in the schoolhouse, looking at her morning's work. She'd been drawing on the chalkboard for hours, creating a big, white picture of a wolf in halfling form. That had always been Khaden's thing, his halfling form. For some reason, he had preferred it over the other two more common forms. Ember hadn't filled in the wolf with the chalk, so it was just as black as him too, the slate providing the necessary background color. She dusted off her hands then set to creating the scene around the wolf, a nice woodland setting.

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v90/c ... 81dgnc.jpg); background-position:bottom; background-repeat: no-repeat; width: 493px; border: 1px solid #fff; background-color: #086DAC;">

She's got colors to spare and i don't care what they choose
     It had been a long time since Cercelee had made her way to Drifter Bay, ever since the Inferni war she had been skirting the area around the Wasteland, just in case any of the coyotes still felt they had a score to settle. Yet Cercelee could easier see Drifter Bay from the shores of her own territory, it was just across the harbor and if only she had a boat she could easily sail to the other side. It hadn’t been a boat that brought Cercelee to Drifter Bay but rather her own four feet. The other shore was calling to her and Cercelee gave in. Slowly wandering about the vast territory Cercelee became reacquainted with the all the sights she had seen before, but they had changed with the season. The beautiful sunflowers she had played hide and seek in were wilted and browned, covered in frost from the harsh November winds. The beach was void of any other merry makers and Cercelee decided to venture to a part she had not previously explored, which was how she stumbled upon the village, the lone school house, and the raven colored female that was inside.

Navy eyes lit up at the sight of her friend and cousin, but they soon took in the various wounds that decorated the girl’s body, and Cercelee cleared her throat in order to gain the female’s attention. "Ember?" Cercelee scanned the wounds again, there seemed too many for it to have been a small scuffle or a simple accident. Ember had been in a fight of some kind, and Cercelee felt a familiar stab of guilt. It was all too similar, their last meeting had been when Ember had confided in her the source of her broken arm. Cercelee hadn’t been there to prevent that, and though she was no longer responsible for Ember in terms of being a pack member, Cercelee still felt as if she had some how failed. It had been too long. "Ember? Are you okay?"
Table by Tammi!

[/html]
[html]

She bit her lip as she looked at the halfway-completed drawing. It wasn't too bad looking, but at the same time she didn't know how good it was. Ember had never really been the artsy type, never having the supplies to explore it very much, but she found the repetitive motions of the chalk against the chalkboard soothing. Soon she was making bigger and bigger marks, scratching down trees and grass and adding leaves and small creatures to the scene.

When she heard the voice the chalk stopped in its scratching, and she looked back over her shoulder. "Cerc?" She questioned, only being able to see the other out of the corner of her eye. >"Look at what I made. Pretty good, right? I don't know what this stuff is called...but it writes real good on this big black thing." Ember knew next to nothing about the humans. She wasn't anything of a scholar like Naniko was, and she didn't actively seek out knowledge without having a specific reason. She'd kept up with her knitting, even though it had looked horrible at first, and now she was getting better and better at it. Ryan had shown her how, and she was trying to repay the coyote by knitting her a long scarf. It was slow work, though.

"It's supposed to be Khaden. But I think it also looks like me and Savina. You know what I realized? There are a lot of black and white wolves around here. But not very many that are both black and white at the same time...just solid colors."

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v90/c ... 81dgnc.jpg); background-position:bottom; background-repeat: no-repeat; width: 493px; border: 1px solid #fff; background-color: #086DAC;">
     Oooh, I really like the colors on that tables James!

Ember spoke, and she made no mention of the scars and wounds that littered her body, so Cercelee let it pass. Although the condition Ember was worrying, Cercelee knew better than to push Ember to tell her something she didn’t want to. Ember was in no danger now, and seemed to be fully absorbed in the scene she was creating on the black board. Navy eyes took in picture that grew bigger and bigger before her while triangular ears took in the comment made by Ember. Indeed, there seemed to be an abundance of white and black wolves, solid in color. Cer could only think of one wolf who sported both colors in his pelt, and everyone remarked on how foreign his coat seemed.

"It’s quite beautiful Ember." The grass and trees were becoming more and more detailed and Cercelee was inspired to pick up a piece of chalk and try her hand at it. Yet she hung back, watching her cousin, whom seemed to be almost in a meditative trance as she drew. The alabaster female did not want to impose, and she didn’t want her clumsy efforts to be clear on the board next to Ember’s deliberate strokes. Without knowing, for she didn’t keep up much with other pack’s going on, Cercelee spoke just what she assumed was the next logical question. "How is Khaden?" She had not seen the male in as long as she had not seen Ember, and Cercelee silently scolded herself for keeping to Dahlia de Mai so much.

Table by Tammi!

[/html]
[html]
Ooh, thank you!!! I do too :]]]]]

Another pause in the scratching. She put the piece of chalk up, clapping her hands together to get rid of the dust that had collected on them. She had a few other smudges of white on her, and they stood out starkly against her dark fur. She rubbed at a white patch, trying to get it to come off, but only succeeded in spreading it around more. "I don't know how he is" She said, shrugging.

"He ran off one day while I wasn't home. I waited and waited...but he never came back. And now that pack's gone, so even if he does come back...I probably won't find him." She still didn't know how she felt about it. She just wished that she had a cause, some reason why he had left so that she could choose whether to be angry or not. Instead, she was in an almost constant state of hurt and confusion.

"What about you? You hooked up with anyone yet? I wouldn't recommend it"

[/html]
[html]

Cercelee laid her ears back against her skull as Ember answered her question. Khaden was gone. He had just up and left? That seemed out of character for the male, whom she remembered coming to her so honorably and asking for Ember’s hand. Khaden, whom had seemed so concerned for Ember when they had found her in Halifax, bleeding by her own hands, and Khaden who had brought her meals in Twilight Vale when Ember could not hunt for herself. The fur rose along Cercelee’s spine, angry at the male for leaving her cousin, but there was no one to direct that anger to so Cercelee switch to sympathy for the younger girl. "I’m so sorry Ember."

There was nothing more to say on that subject, Cercelee did not want to pry, though she was always ready to listen should her cousin need an ear. Hearing the question poised to her now, Cercelee shook her head. "Nah, no one’s wanted me, but that’s just as well." Cercelee had never let anyone so close to her since Coli had left her, and though at times she imagined someone filling that void, it seemed no one imagined her in their life. "Where are you staying now?" Esper Hollow was gone, and Cercelee felt a tinge of guilt at not knowing her cousin’s current home. Too often Cercelee got sucked into her own life and neglected to keep up with anyone else’s.

Table by Tammi!

[/html]
[html]

Ever since her run-in with Hybrid, she had actually been keeping out of trouble. It was uncharacteristic for her, to not be in a predicament of some sort...but she was finding it relatively easy. Ember had been looking for it back then, craving the action, but now she wasn't as interested. Each time she tried to leave this world someone dragged her back into it. Maybe it was a sign.

She did want to hear how Cercelee was doing. She'd gone to Dahlia a few times to see her and had always ended up running into someone else. Ember looked at her curiously, waiting for an answer. "Not that I don't think you could make something work--I think you could. Because you're awesome like that. It just hasn't worked for me, is all." She shrugged. Maybe there wasn't someone out there for everyone. Or maybe she'd already met them and didn't know it yet. "I've been staying with Tayui. We're supposed to head over to some tribe to check it out...I guess a new group is starting." It would be nice to have somewhere to come home to again. And speaking of home. "How is Haku doing? I haven't seen him in a while" She knew that Cercelee was doing well, but what about her other cousin? He seemed like he would get into more trouble than the white lady.

[/html]
[html]

Cercelee nodded and smiled at her cousin’s encouragement, although she wasn’t sure she could make something work. Maybe if someone sought after her, but Cercelee couldn’t bring herself to be interested in anyone who did not long after her, perhaps she was narcissistic in that manner or perhaps just insecure. Slay at times seemed, with his words, his sidelong glances, to think of her in that manner, but then he disappeared and reappeared with sweet words on his lips for every other female. Considering Ember and herself, Cercelee wondered who was better off. Having known love and lost or having not known at all and unknowing if she would ever.

Cercelee was glad to listen to Ember, let her own plaguing thoughts vanish. A tribe? "I’ll have to come visit you once the tribe is organized, I hope you’ll be happy there." And she truly did. Whenever she found Ember it seemed that the female was floating between packs, and soon as she did settled something came to shatter it. "Haku is.. Haku. He and Firefly have, become mates I believe. The two of them are always up to something." And they were, always getting under each other’s skin, trying to stay out from under Cer’s. Yet they were loyal, to her at least, and even when their desires clashed with Cer’s commands, they knew their place if the Rosea was present. Still, despite that, Firefly and Haku gave Cercelee an odd feeling, she kept her eye on the two of them. "Have you spoken to Firefly since… that day?" That day Ember’s arm had been snapped and her body battered by her own sister. Had they mended the fence or had silence still plagued them?

Table by Tammi!

[/html]
[html]

Things with Firefly were going better, she supposed. Better than before, anyway. Ember had the feeling that they would never be the same as when the girls had both been very young, before Firefly had left...but that was the thing about life. Stuff changed. She knew that she couldn't control what Firefly did or said now, only what Ember did or said. And she had gone to see Firefly anyway, against her better judgement.

Things hadn't ended up badly, though, like she had thought that they would. Her sibling had been fairly receptive, and they'd had a nice visit. "Firefly and I aren't the best of friends...but we can tolerate each other now. It's a big step."

It would make sense that her sister would find somebody; Ember thought that her sister was one of the most beautiful wolves that she had ever seen, and she was sure that someone else would have notice dit too. "Just what we need--more family members. Heh. That is, if they have pups. But...that's kind of strange, too. We're cousins and all...arent' we? Would pups like that turn out alright?"

[/html]
[html]

Firefly then must have felt guilt, or obligation, or she had simply learned to control her tongue and temper. It pleased Cercelee to know the vixen had been polite to Ember, not because Ember couldn’t live without her sister, Cercelee did not feel family members were all important. Only that it made living with Firefly and acknowledging her place in the pack easier. Cercelee cared for Ember as a friend, and one of the few family members she would recognize as such, it was important Firefly respected her Rosea’s attachment to the sable lady. It would probably make Ember’s life easier as well.

Yet Firefly and her actions were still troubling. The words soaked into Cercelee’s ears and she could ignore the question, but started her answer with a deep sigh. "We are all cousins. Haku’s father was Lisichka? Adrastos’ and Iskata’s brother." Cercelee didn’t have to dig hard for her uncle’s name, though she had never met him, only a brother named after the male. The name stuck in her head. "I don’t know much about genetics.. but I’ve heard, children like that may be at risk." It was hard to say, impossible to tell, until the children were born into the world. With Haku’s and Firefly’s behavior it wouldn’t be long, though perhaps Haku would not be the one to father them, and who knew if Haku had donated seed to other females. Cercelee shook the thought away, it was none of her business. "Have you been around to see Naniko’s pups?" The pregnant Naniko had been so good to both Cercelee and Ember, and Savina was a good friend to the white lady as well. Cercelee hoped Ember had news on the female’s wellbeing, but if she didn’t than perhaps they would have to plan a trip.

Table by Tammi!

[/html]
[html]

Ember hadn't seen Naniko herself in a few weeks, but she had seen one of the pups, Mati. She'd been there at their birth and knew their names, but hadn't had the chance to meet each of them now that they were bigger. "I found another healer, one who isn't in the family...Bane. He's been helping me out. I do usually go to Naniko...but I felt bad, bothering her all the time. Especially when she has all those pups. I met one of them, a little brown one named Mati"

She was curious to know whether Cercelee had been that way. "Have you been there lately?"

[/html]
[html]
     We are getting close to the end of this thread, yes? I don’t know what else to do with them >.<

Cercelee nodded to Ember, not knowing the name Bane but knowing it didn’t really matter. Whoever he was, so long as he took the best care possible of Ember, it wasn’t important. Naniko didn’t need them lurking around, asking her to look at their every bump and bruise. Leading a pack was no light task, and mothering a litter of pups, Cercelee guessed, wasn’t a simple stroll in the park either. Still, that did not mean they had to stay away completely. The pups had to be walking and talking by this time, perhaps Naniko wouldn’t mind a social call. "No, I haven’t been. I should though, to see her and Savina. I never was good with keeping in touch with others." Unless they lived in Dahlia de Mai, Cercelee often found herself too busy to be bothered with others.

[/html]
[html]
Sure :] End!

Playing with Mati really hadn't been that bad. Ember generally tried to stay away from most tiny little balls of fuzz...but Mati was kind of nice. She hadn't talked much, which was a plus, and she hadn't asked a lot of stupid questions. It was easier not to like a pup when they were being annoying. She definitely didn't want any of her own, not any time soon, though. "Sounds like a plan"

Ember dusted her hands off once more, stepping back from the chalkboard. "It was nice getting to catch up a bit, but I should probably head back. I dunno if they're gonna have a meeting or something--I wouldn't want to miss it, being new and all. I need all the help I can get." She grinned. "You should come by AniWaya sometime, too."

[/html]