this fury is mine and it keeps me alive
Drifter bay.[html]

we prey as wolves among the sheep
and slit the necks of soldiers while they sleep

The clouds seemed to part for a few moments, letting a few rays of sunshine drop down onto the world below. The light drizzle of rain glittered as the light caught it, creating a small arch of color out over the fields below. After a few months away, the outlaw had returned to his birthplace. And looking down now, it was as if he had never left.

He traveled on two feet, shifted as he often was now. His hair, colored silver similar to his father’s, was cut jagged with a blunt razor and fell in edgy pieces over a blue bandana tied firmly around his forehead. He didn’t know whether or not DaVinci was still around, but the young boy had grown over the past few months with the same mindset in place. He was determined to create that headquarters the two had been so intent on constructing just that past summer.

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... banner.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Awwww, Apollo <3

She wasn't sure why she had decided to travel so far north today. It was just one of those unknown urges that hit from time to time. Though that was only half true. Part of her had hoped if she searched around a bit, she might stumble across something that would lead her to Pilot. Her friend and packmate had been missing for over a month, and no one seemed to have any idea what had happened to him. It seemed out of character for the silvery male to do something like that. The girl's search today had lead to nothing. Now she was just standing in the sand, staring out into the open sea. Her arms were wrapped about her, though one of her hands absentmindedly played with the pink shell that hung around her neck.

A sharp breeze blew over her and emerald eyes closed as her body tensed and shivered. This cold was not her cup of tea, and suddenly she wished to be snug and warm inside the mansion back home, preferably cuddled up against Kansas. But her inky ears perked up as her nose caught a familiar scent on the air. Could it be? A wave of guilt washed over her as she thought of Pilot's young son, the one she had tutored in Italian. With everything that had happened, his disappearance had somehow been glazed over in her mind. How careless. It made her stomach turn that she had been that blind. The fey opened her eyes and turned her head towards the smell. If it weren't for his scent, she wouldn't have thought it was him. "Apollo?" Savina called out, barely able to believe it.

[/html]
Yay!<3 Thanks for stealing this thread.[html]

The misting rain was letting up, which was fortunate considering he had been traveling the past few days in constant drizzle. The rainbow arched over him began to dissolve just as a voice permeated the air. He hadn’t really noticed Savina as he stopped there for a moment, and almost felt foolish because of it. During his time away, Apollo had been taught skills in fighting and knife wielding – he should have realized he wasn’t alone.

He picked up his backpack from off the ground and slung the fraying strap over a shoulder. Advancing down the small slope, his feet met the sand as he moved towards that familiar face. "Savina? È buono da vederli!" Out of all people he should run into when finally returning home, it would be his puppy-crush. Had he been younger, he might of felt that familiar fleeting in his heart, but he supposed a lot had changed in just the past couple months.

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... banner.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
But of course! I was so happy when I saw you brought him back! Big Grin Oh, and I'm going to assume since he's still not officially an adult that she's taller, but if not let me know and I'll change it.

As the ivory boy picked up his pack and moved to greet her she knew she had been right. A large smile flowered across her face and her tail swayed softly back and forth. She closed the small distance between them and wrapped her arms around him in a hug. Fingers idly played through the hair that was so much like his father's. "Suo così buono vederla anche! Come lei è stato? Vedo che lei ha praticato tuttavia." Savina felt so bad for losing track of her young friend and pupil, but she tried her best to push it from her mind. A reunion was a happy moment after all.

The jet female pulled back from their embrace a little to take the sight of him in. He had changed so much it seemed, but he looked no worse for the wear. "Dove lei è andato via a?" As much as she wanted to know how long he had been gone as well, she didn't ask. She didn't want to admit out loud that she didn't remember when he had left. But one thing she did know was that much had changed in his absence.

[/html]
Yup, that's fine. :][html]

The hug felt strange, foreign in a world that had been mostly training for weeks. However, that wasn’t to say that he didn’t enjoy it. Silently, he would have to admit to himself that he enjoyed this sort of contact and affection. "I’ve been really good," he told her, smiling and nodding his head as if to reassure what he said was true. He felt more worthwhile while he was away, and wasn’t so much of a brooding pup anymore. Maybe just a menacing adolescent... A smirk played at his lips.

"Ahhhh," he breathed, smirk still lingering. "Sono andato a nord. Allora verso ovest. E perfino del sud alcuni." He laughed at himself, unsure of where exactly he had been. Upon returning home, he supposed he had traveled a similar route to when he had departed. It was away from ‘Souls where Apollo had seen Sirius, but weeks now since the hybrid had been anywhere near him. "State osservando molto buoni," he told Savina, meaning it, he supposed, in a couple of ways.

[/html]
[html]

Emerald eyes warmed as he told her he had been good. It was good to have him back, even if he didn't come back and join their pack. She wouldn't let him disappear on her again. "Good." The dark fey stated, tussling the boy's hair. She knew that he was much more grown up now, but it wouldn't stop her from doing such things. A part of him would always be the small pup she helped teach Italian and played hide-n-seek with in her mind.

His response was somewhat nonsensical, but she knew well enough that sometimes that's just how journeys were. It reminded her a bit of her brother, how he had just set off one day, no real destination in mind. A soft laugh came from her lips at his compliment. "Lei non guarda mezzo te stesso." Savina said as she winked at Apollo. It was just friendly banter as far as she was concerned. She often missed any hidden innuendos, and she wasn't a single female anymore. "Ha cambiato molto poiché lei ha lasciato..." With the last words her voice took on a more somber tone. Not all of it had been good either.

[/html]
[html]

Though he didn’t have any regrets leaving, Apollo felt slightly guilty by Savina’s last words. Maybe it was the way that her features fell into a somber gaze. He wasn’t sure if he wanted to know all that had happened, but he figured he would find out sooner or later. "I guess I’m not surprised," he responded, looking away for a moment and finally realizing that the misting had almost let up completely. Out of the corner of his eyes he caught the glint of another rainbow in the distance. "Per il migliore?" He asked, knowing it wouldn’t be.

[/html]
[html]

Looking off in the distance, she considered his question. No, it wasn't all bad. In fact, a lot seemed to have worked out for the better. But what had happened to Naniko. It was utterly awful. "Sì e No." Emerald gaze fell back on the split eyed boy and the corners of her lips lifted a little again. She wouldn't go into the details, but she felt he deserved to know. After all, it had been his home too.

"Twilight Vale is no more." Savina's sadness about the loss of that pack was long past now. They still had basically the same members and territory, so they really hadn't lost much. "Conri...did something awful. But he's gone now." There was a menacing glint in her eyes at the mention of the former alpha. She had done her best to make sure he wouldn't dare come back. "Naniko, your father, and I formed a new pack. Crimson Dreams. We're basically located in the same place that Twilight Vale was. Pretty much all the same members are there. You'll be welcome there whenever you wish." She smiled and tickled Apollo's neck. He probably wasn't ticklish, but it was just a caring gesture. "Oh! And Naniko had a litter! Two boys and two girls." The girl had no idea if Apollo would even care, but it had been one of the major events in his absence.

[/html]
[html]

"Oh," he responded as she told him about Twilight Vale having become Crimson Dreams. He was glad that this would give him a reason to visit the old mansion, and smiled at the thought of perhaps wandering back to his old bedroom. He hoped that no one else had taken residence there. Maybe he would even find Sirius' toys strewn across the floor – ghostly reminders of a childhood that seemed long gone.

"Pups?" He questioned, smiling. He was glad to know that his old world was still getting on as usual even in the midst of his absence. "That’s great," he responded, trying to return her enthusiasm, but unable to match it. "E che cosa circa voi?" He asked, perhaps still feeling the remnants of his puppy love. "Anything new?"

[/html]
[html]

It was a lot of information to take in, and she certainly didn't expect him to respond specifically to all of it. It was good to hear that he was at least somewhat happy to hear about the pups. Apollo had always been a somewhat stoic pup, and it was obvious this had continued. Savina didn't mind though. That was just who he was, and she wouldn't have it any other way. "Yeah. They're just reaching the age where they're getting out on their own. We're all going to have to keep an eye on them to make sure they don't stay out too long in the cold weather." That was one of the main concerns of the Lt. General at the moment.

"Me?" She thought back on the past few months. A lot had happened, but not too much had happened specifically to her. There was the further manifestations of her anger problems, but that was the last thing she wanted to talk about. There was one big good thing that had occurred though. If she had known about Apollo's old feelings for her she might not have been so open in her answer, but unfortunately she had no clue. "Ho incontrato qualcuno. Siamo dei compagni ora." The all too familiar small smile graced her lips as she thought about Kansas. It was impossible to hide her feelings for him.

[/html]
[html]

He smiled as he listened to talk about the pups. It was strange to him to listen to this because it hadn’t been that long since he had been of similar age. Though now he could be considered more of an adolescent and on the rise of becoming an adult, he knew memories the wolves here had of him probably still lingered on the puppy they used to know.

"Oh," he muttered, when Savina mentioned her mate ship. Realizing perhaps that wasn’t the greatest reaction, he quickly corrected himself by adding a, "Congratulations!" He hoped she wouldn’t notice his slight slip up. "That’s great," he added, wondering who the (lucky) guy was. Maybe he even knew him. He hoped she would take his lack of questioning as an invitation to offer more detail.

[/html]
[html]
Oh awkwardness XD

His initial reaction was not what she had expected. It was slight, and he quickly covered it up, but it was enough for her to notice. Suddenly she felt a pang of guilt in her gut. Had he had feelings for her? She tried her best to contain a wince, but she wasn't sure how successful she had been. The girl had never had any kind of puppy love, but certainly it didn't feel good to have it shattered, even if the feelings were just remnants. Part of her wanted to ask him about it, see if he wanted to talk. But Savina decided against it. It would probably only embarrass him.

"Thanks," she said softly. Maybe they should just move on to another subject, but something about Apollo made her feel he wanted to know more. "I don't know if you remember him, but it's Kansas." How much did he want to know? "He's a really great guy. Treats me very well." Emerald eyes looked at her young friend somewhat hesitantly. The last thing she wanted was to cause him any more pain. "Have...you been with anyone? Surely a handsome young man like yourself attracts all kinds of girls." The fey hoped this all wouldn't put a strain on their relationship.

[/html]
[html]

It had only been a small puppy crush and Apollo had never really set anything into motion from it. And how could he? Savina was older than him and deserved someone on her level. If anything would have happened, it would have been awkward anyway. A teacher ending up having relations with their student…?

Besides, she had called him handsome. He would take that. "Well I’m glad you’re happy with him," he told her, and truly he meant it. He did remember Kansas, but didn’t know much about his relative. Apollo had been so lost in his own world that he had barely noticed the one around him. Underneath his thickening white fur, he could feel the blood slightly flush his face. "No," he answered with a lighthearted laugh. "I didn’t really run into very many up North. Maybe someone around here will catch my eye, who knows," he said with a slight shrug. He hadn’t had his mind on any sort of playful romance, but the idea suddenly intrigued him. A little fling wouldn’t hurt anyone, and he wouldn’t abandon his goals completely because of one.

[/html]
[html]

Her fears were almost instantly put aside. She could hear the sincerity in his voice. Apollo was a smart kid (she supposed she couldn't call him a kid anymore). He knew that she wouldn't ever do anything on purpose to hurt his feelings. And surely he realized that nothing really could have happened between them. She had been his teacher, any relationship but the one they already had would have been inappropriate. Savina's smile once again widened. "Thank you again. Maybe whenever you come back to the old lands you can get to know him better." The Italian femme knew that Kansas had tended to be a recluse, and didn't know many of the pack members very well.

The Lt. General took a slender hand and ruffled his hair. "I'm sure you'll find someone. Any girl would be lucky to have you." She winked at her younger friend. Even though he no doubt had changed quite a bit on his journey, she knew he was still the same, sweet boy at heart. "Any other news to share? Do you think you'll join a pack? Or just going to go where the wind blows you?" Of course she would have loved to have him come to Crimson Dreams, but she realized that he probably had his own plans.

[/html]
[html]

"Thanks," he offered, feeling the flush perhaps deepen beneath his fur. He couldn’t deny that he had missed this sort of contact – the friendly intimacy of it. Anyone he had met while gone north had been fairly temporary and no one had ever been as gentle as the people he knew here. Perhaps that was the reason why he had been so easily introduced to weapons and fighting there. He had a few theories that the wolves he had come across must have been lonely. There wasn’t much there – just the cold permafrost wasteland of northern Canada.

"Ahhh, well, nothing in particular I guess." One of the biggest things was obviously his coming of age, as he now spent most time in his Optime form. But that happened with every Luperci and he didn’t feel as if it were particularly special. His new skills were probably something to talk about, but he didn’t feel like speaking about his knife wielding talents with Savina. Somehow he wanted the conversation to remain slightly more lighthearted. "I suppose I’ll settle down somewhere eventually. I sort of have plans with someone I met, but I’m not sure if I’ll be able to find him again. If that works out, I’ll most likely be living up north just past Inferni. " One of his other skills he also failed to mention was about an instrument he had been taught to play. He hoped that maybe upon searching Halifax he could find one again. However, a piano was too large to move anywhere, and he'd have to travel there anytime he felt like experimenting with it. He was amazed at how the calming melodies made him seemingly evaporate into the music and get lost into another, beautiful world.

[/html]
[html]
Dude, Haven and Apollo are going to have to meet. I imagine Haven being really similar to Apollo when he gets older. And I just had a great idea for these two to get into a situation where they have to fight something. He can use his sweet knife skillz and Savina can go all hulk and Apollo will be like "holy shit!?" XD

She hadn't realized how much she had missed having Apollo around until now. It felt like she had missed out on a lot. He was quickly turning into an adult, and he had still only been a small pup the last time she had laid eyes on him. Savina thought she could see his face reddening slightly under his ivory pelt and she chuckled lightly. The same thing happened to Kansas. She was lucky to have such a dark coat, otherwise people would be able to see her blush all the time.

At the very least the femme was glad to hear that he was planning on settling around the lands. Even if he wasn't in her pack, she could at least go visit him where ever he was. Though the thought of him being so close to Inferni worried her. She knew Anselm and Ryan, and they were both great. Still, there was something about the clan that greatly unsettled her. She knew they did not care for wolves in the least. It was probably why the de le Poer male had told her to find him in Halifax if she ever wanted to seek him out. "Well, I'm glad you'll be sticking around here. When you do end up settling down, you be sure to let me know where. I want to be able to keep tabs on you," she joked. "If you do settle near Inferni, please be careful. There are some good people there, but something about them unnerves me." Her tone was serious, but not strict. Apollo could clearly take care of himself, but she needed to voice her concerns.

"Well, as I said, until then you're welcome at the mansion. Jazper has cleaned up the library, so there's plenty of books to read. He even fixed up some old human instrument. I've heard him playing it at times. It's rather beautiful. Makes me think of poetry."

[/html]
Haha, totallyz! AND OMG CUTEST AVATAR EVAR! [html]

"Yeah I’m glad to be back too. And I’ll be sure to keep both my eyes open for trouble." Truth was, Apollo still resented Inferni for not being able to join them. Of course, he wouldn’t openly admit it, but he knew that was part of the reason he wanted to establish the outlaw headquarters as much as he did. Even without DaVinci, he was going to make something work.

"Thanks, I might just have to take you up on that offer. Some of the nights look like they’ll be dropping pretty low in temperature – and I definitely don’t want to freeze." With a proper den, Apollo would have been fine. But that was something he was lacking at the moment. When the gorgeous Italian girl spoke about Jazper and an instrument, suddenly his interest was peeked. "What kind of instrument, do you know?" Secretly, he hoped it would be a piano like the one he had learned to play on.

[/html]
[html]
I KNOWZ! Kiri is amazing.

The slight femme couldn't help but shudder at the reminder of the cold that was gripping the lands. She was completely unused to such weather. "Yes, it is getting cold. It never got this cold in Italy. I have to admit it makes me somewhat miserable." Of course she was still the same happy Savina, but when the sky was nothing but a slate of unfriendly clouds and the winds blew harsh and cold, it dampened her mood. From what Naniko had told her, this wasn't even the worst of it. How awful.

It was times like these that she wished she knew more details about humans and their objects. Even though Kansas was teaching her to read, she hadn't yet spent much time in the library, and knew nothing about musical instruments. "Well...I don't know the name of it. But it's black and very large. It's wider at the front and skinner in the back." She wasn't sure if this was an adequate description of it, but hopefully Apollo would be able to recognize it.

[/html]
Uhh, I'm not sure if you wanted to continue this or if you wanted to fade to black and maybe have an updated thread in CD sometime? Either is fine by me. [html]

"Hmm, well it sounds like it could be a piano!" He would hope. The piano he had played had once been white, but they did sort of grow smaller in the back as the wood curved away from the keys. Now he really did want to return to Twilight Vale, or Crimson Dreams as it was called now, and visit the old things, as well as the new.

"Hey were you… headed anywhere?" Drifter bay was quite a ways from Twilight Vale (he had to keep reminding himself it was Crimson Dreams now), but he was hoping that maybe he was catching her on her way back. Even if he didn’t go all the way back to the pack lands, it would be nice to have a companion to accompany him partway through ‘Souls lands. "I was just thinking maybe we could head towards the pack lands?"

[/html]
[html]
Yeah, maybe fade this one out and then make a new one back at the mansion? They could chill in the library and Apollo could play her some music?

Piano. That word did seem to perhaps ring a bell in her head. Had she heard Jazper call the instrument that once? She wasn't sure. Though she certainly was intrigued by the excitement that Apollo showed. "Perhaps it is. How would you describe a piano? Maybe then I can confirm whether or not that is what's in the mansion." Savina found herself hoping it was one as well. It would be yet another reason for the young man to visit his old home.

Her head tilted to the side a bit and her eyes looked into the gloomy sky. Had she been going anywhere? The femme didn't think so. Oftentimes she just wandered around the lands with no particular goal or destination in mind. She just wanted to see what was to be seen. "No, not really. I was simply exploring." She shrugged her shoulders as her gaze came back to her ghostly-hued friend. At his last question her eyes lit up and her tail swayed in the breeze. "Of course! That sounds like a wonderful idea!"

[/html]