set a raging fire in the heart of a kid
The Dampwoods. :][html]

we prey as wolves among the sheep
and slit the necks of soldiers while they sleep

If this damn constant drizzle didn’t cease, he swore he was going to go insane. His silver hair hung in thick, spiked clumps over his soaked blue bandana, wrapped tightly around his forehead. His backpack, which he carried slung over one shoulder, was significantly wet too. He didn’t even want to look inside, for he knew he would most likely discover that all of its contents were equally as wet. Perhaps the worst part of it all was that it wasn’t even real rain. He would have preferred a torrential downpour for a few hours over a couple of days of constant drizzle.

He decided here would most likely be the best place to rest. Even though most of the trees had grown bare, the pines still had potential in offering some shelter. He let his pack slip from his shoulder and dropped it to the ground. Retying the bandana, Apollo cast a glance around, searching for any familiar (or mysterious) faces they might happen to be lurking nearby.

[/html]
[html]
yayyy! <3

Festivity had taken a liking to the dampwoods. It was not the closest wilderness to her Halifax abode, but she preferred the dripping forest to the eerie woods of arachnea's revenge or the dull roar constant on the shattered coastline. Here, she found some measure of the peace she had come to the Americas to find; an escape to the isolated emptiness where all of the complications of her life were - quite literally - half a world away. Her only complaint was the near-constant precipitation cascading from the heavens that chilled and moistened and sunk deep into one's bones where it could never quite be compelled to leave completely.

For today's excursion, the African hybrid had donned her favorite deep red cloak made of thick traditional Scottish wool which did a rather good job of keeping away the cold even if she was not completely dry. Typical to rainy days like today, her mynah companion chose to remain indoors. Festivity didn't mind usually, although the bird's increasing aloofness was beginning to become disconcerting. She would have to make up her increasing absences somehow - perhaps his favorite dish soon for dinner although it would require a healthy portion of her rapidly dwindling supply of spices.

Slowly the trails of the woods were beginning to become familiar to her and today Festivity chose one of the more unremarkable paths so that her mind might wander a bit during the course of the afternoon. The road fell easily beneath her feet and before long she reverted to an old habit, rehearsing tales in rhythm with her stride. Philemon and Baucis was a common enough myth and the words fell easily from her lips, describing the kindness of the elderly couple to the disguised gods and their resulting wish to be parted from one another, nevermore. She was reaching the end of the story when sights and scents broke the verbal revere. Well enough, she had been falling over her company as of late and it was a rather awkward way to begin a conversation. "Hello?" she called out, moments before she began to make out a lupine figure, resting beneath a grove of pine trees.

[/html]
Class made my brains mushy today; I blame this post on it. [html]

After his bandana had been secured tight against his forehead, Apollo knelt onto one knee, digging into his pack while he seemed to slowly sink into the saturated earth. Just as he suspected, most of the contents were at least slightly damp and he pulled out a pair of jeans with a disconcerting smirk. They too, had begun to sink into a deeper indigo because of the mist, but he decided to pull them on anyhow. He preferred to at least try to keep himself slightly dry. One of the knees had been split considerably, and the waist hugged his hips rather snug. It was rather apparent that humans had different builds than the Luperci, but because Apollo was still young and not quite fully grown, he was able to snake his way into the denim.

The voice caught him off guard while he zipped closed his bag, black handle of his knife protruding slightly from one of his front pockets. Bright red seemed to emerge seemingly from nothing and Apollo offered a slight frown. What was this? "Hello," he answered, unsure of to whom. His fingers waited eagerly to snatch at the knife if need be.

[/html]
[html]
my brain is mushy on food. and this odd post is fail!

A response was enough to confirm what her nose had since told her about the location of her suspected company. Two steps later she emerged from the undergrowth, the fabric of her cloak clutched tightly around her body to keep out the unwanted cold. "Hi," she repeated unnecessarily, grappling for words. "Hey, I was totally wandering around lost in my own world and thought I noticed you so I came over to say hi" sounded as horrible as they ought in her head and were discarded accordingly. "It seems I'm not the only one wandering around in bad weather today." Not much better. Way to go, Festivity, her inner voice chided. You are supposed to be socially savvy, aren't you?

[/html]
Crap post. [html]

"Hmm, I guess not," he replied, brushing a piece of hair away from his eyes as it slowly dripped moisture onto his face. He knew that really any attempt to stay dry now was futile. He was already as soggy as his bag had become. He envied the cloak Festivity had wrapped around her frame. "Going anywhere in particular? Or do you just like wandering in the rain." He flashed her his crooked smile, his mood lightened a bit to see a friendly face.

[/html]