shipwreck
Quartz Shoreline. :][html]

we prey as wolves among the sheep
and slit the necks of soldiers while they sleep

He had to fight just to keep his eyes open, and he knew he wasn’t going to last much longer. After days traveling on end and without rest, it was no wonder Apollo had finally succumbed to his fatigue. Of course, he had come to probably the worst place to catch some shut eye. Though the sands were pristine and smooth, the breeze from the ocean was sure to cause a chill. He couldn’t help himself any longer, though, and dropped his backpack onto the ground.

Reclining back onto the sand, Apollo stared up at the sky which began to show faint hints of the stars which would be out in a mere few hours. Blinking a couple of times as the wind blew steadily by, Apollo rolled his head to the side and let his cheek rub into the sand. He closed his eyes, still aware of the world around him, but instantly feeling the warm fingertips of sleep begin to smother his frame.

[/html]
It had been so long since he had seen any of the pups from Twilight Vale; Noah was gone, following within his own father’s footprints. Taliesin was always tagging along with his mother; he craved to learn anything that would help his mother. He was a great shadow for Deuce to have; she seemed to enjoy it, with her swelling stomach. He was glad that he was around for her. The black male hadn’t heard anything from Apollo or Sirius, so the grandfather of the two figured it was high time for him to go and see them,
The male wasn’t sure really where to find either of them, he knew that at one point that Sirius had taken a rank in the coyote infested lands. So he figured that was the best place to start, if any one would know where everyone was, “they” would. They were never able to keep their members in line and have them not starting wars on packs. Taking the long way to the lands, Lucifer found him-self in the beach near the pack lands, seeing the white boy, Lucifer couldn’t help but to smile. Seeing the boy stretched out on the beach sleeping. He had grown so much. Lucifer sat down watching him, he didn’t have the heart to wake the boy.
[html]

He was gone. Sleep had claimed him and everything beyond him was dissolved into nothing. Not even dreams toyed with his mind. There was nothing but the blissful solitude of black. He had been asleep for nearly an hour when a familiar face came upon him, yet Apollo was still long gone into an entirely different world. He dreamed once, about having seen Savina, but that quickly faded until Apollo was left alone once more. He rolled to once side, shivering as a particularly cool gust of air caught his skin underneath the thickening white fur.

Suddenly, his eyes fluttered open. It took a mere second, and then he realized where he was. Looking up, he noticed Lucifer. A sideways smile caught his lips and he let his head fall back into the sand. "Didn’t expect to see you here," he said, stretching both arms up above his head before rolling onto his back and cradling his head in the basket he made with them.

[/html]
Lucifer smiled back to the boy, just happy to hear that he was in one whole peace; He planted his hands deep within the sands, on the beach. ”Nor did I of you. Thought you went off with Noah to see the world. “ Apollo wasn’t family really to him anymore, he could just shut his eyes and walk away and chalk the child up to just another member of Deuce’s family, but he couldn’t and he wouldn’t. This boy was only one that seemed to be cling around hopping for a better life around these lands. ”Sure do miss having you around.”
Lucifer moved down to lay back near the boy, yes the weather was cold out-side but he wouldn’t pass up the time to spend with his grandson for any wealth with the lands. Lucifer pushed one of his arms be hide his head while the other one traced the scar upon his chest.
[html]

He smiled at that, thinking it funny who he had run into so far. Soon he would be seeing a lot more familiar faces, he supposed, before he would head up north again. Not as far as he had, only just beyond where Inferni had risen its borders. It was the area of land he and DaVinci had staked out. "I suppose I missed being around," he thought out loud. His trek had done him good – he had learned various skills and had grown up. He supposed things would be a lot different now. "How have you been?" As an after thought he added, "How’s everyone been?"

[/html]
Nodding the male let off a happy sigh, ”Ya know kiddo…I’m good. I’m glad to see your back and doing well, and well my father’s back. You might like him, his name is Noah. He’s a rather sweet guy.” Lucifer ”How have you been? Find anything out there in them lands?” He wished that if he did find anything out there it certainly wasn’t anything worth running back out after. He loved having all the family around in the same lands without having to worry about where they were and if they were all okay. The male pushed his feet into the sand as he sat up looking over at the boy.
[html]

"Your father," he said, mostly to himself more than anything. He nodded, committing the name to memory so that he would know if he ever happened to run into Noah. "I’ve been good," he told him, absentmindedly fixing the razor’d pieces of hair that feel haphazardly over the blue bandana. Though he didn’t notice, the fabric made the split colors of his left eye more prominent. "I guess I did some growing up, but I’m back for good. At least, I plan to be. There wasn’t much out there for me." Maybe he would even follow through with Savina’s suggestion and find someone to keep his mind occupied.

[/html]
Lucifer smiled as he reached over and gave the boy a gentle nudge, then standing up the black male looked down at him with a smile while he brushed the sand off him-self. ”I’ve done well kid, better than I could ever have done. Looks like going out there did you well. Glad to hear that you’re going to stick around.” Lucifer sighed he was going to have to get back to the pack and help them out, it wasn’t fair that he was running around out in all of the lands and not helping out with both Deuce and Iskata with pups. ”I have to get back to my pack...Well its more Deuce and Iskata but its home. Come and see me some time and we can have some cow. Love ya kid” He waved to the white boy as he walked away.