empty midnight majesties
[html]
omg haaiiii

Festivity had not meant to delay so long in visiting her Italian friend, but the days rolled so quickly over one another that time had slipped through her fingers like the fine sand of Mediterranean beaches. It was not until the weather began to change more noticeably from autumn into winter did the African lupine realize just how long she had been haunting the 'souls landscape. This would mark the longest span she had spent in any one location in a very long time indeed; for it was not in her nature to dwell, but to lose herself on the ever-changing road ahead. The knowledge of the length of her time here unsettled the thrice-toned lupine to a certain degree but it was more because she ought to be bothered than because she actually was. Was liking a locale justification enough to remain, even when there were only limited places where she might practice her honed art and narrower opportunities still to expand? Well, there was no one to drive her now other than herself, and Festivity would have to learn, slowly, to make her own decisions.

The day she and Valrian set off for the packlands was an unremarkable one nor triggered by anything specific. Festivity merely woke that morning and decided that today would be a good day to make the trip to the pack Savina called home. Thusly, after breakfast the petite canine donned her favorite cloak of deep crimson and her mynah nestled in at his favorite post between her collarbone and cheek. Thus warmed and protected against the likelihood of rain, the odd duo set off and would not arrive until some time past midday. Although she figured the dark-pelted female wouldn't mind if the hybrid crossed the border to look for her, there was no guarantee that she would be the first one they met. So Festivity found the pack's line and walked along it, figuring she would be found in decent enough time. Besides, it wasn't like she had anywhere else to be.

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... banner.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Big GrinD

There was a definite chill to the air today. Though that was becoming the norm anymore. A norm that the Mediterranean wolf was none too pleased about. The only thing she wanted to do was to stay snuggled in the warm nest of pillow and blankets with her mate. But duty called, and she had to make her rounds at the borders. It was unusual for her to be walking around in her two-legged form, but she had needed to do some chores around the mansion that required the use of hands and hadn't felt like shifting back to her natural body. Her slender arms were wrapped tightly around her torso, a somewhat vain attempt to keep the warmth from leaving. It wasn't too bad when the sun was shining, since her ebony coat attracted its rays, but today was overcast and no such comfort was there.

As she wandered somewhat aimlessly around the edges of the territory a flash of crimson made her emerald orbs spring to life. Savina's ears pricked forward and she sniffed the air curiously. She had never seen anyone wear such a garment and was rather intrigued to know who it was. Before her nose could even inform her who it was she knew though. A beautiful ivory bird was perched on the luperci's shoulders. It was the nomad female she had met outside of Halifax a few months ago. A smile graced her lips and she quickened her pace to go meet the smaller girl. "Hello you. How have you been faring these past months?" It was good to see that she had finally taken Savina up on her offer to visit.

[/html]
[html]
ooc

Festivity was not an impatient creature. Before troubles began at home, she had gone with her father everywhere, attending long meetings and negotiations that would be tedious to many adults, let alone a youth. Thus, she was accustomed to ignoring all of the little signals that influenced the passage of time. Instead of remembering that she was waiting to be found by someone from the pack, she talked with considerable animation to the generally uncommunicative Valrian while enjoying the crispy winter season. Her only distraction was the chill, which was impressive. Festivity's coat was thin and designed for a tropic climate, and although she had experienced winters before, the one here reached a new intensity.

Still, the cloak kept her warm enough and her expression lightened with the approach of just the very person she came to see. "Greetings, Savina." Valrian offered no verbal response, but danced lightly on the hybrid's shoulder, which was a warm greeting by his standards. Festivity suspected he cared for Savina's curls more than anything, overtures of friendship should not be belittled. "I hope you will forgive my tardiness," her rich voice was a warm accent against the season's chill, "I have been well, but distracted by one thing or another. How have you been? Staying warm enough - this is a far cry from an Italian winter, is it not?" The Africa native suspected she was not the only one discomforted by the current season.

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... banner.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

The inky female couldn't help but laugh as Valrian began to dance on his companion's shoulder. There was something about the avian she couldn't help but love. Even though she couldn't speak his language, his company was a welcome addition to their little reunion. "Of course. We all have our agendas to get caught up in. The heavens know I've been quite busy myself." "Busy" really only began to describe the time between the last time she had seen Festivity and now. A pack disbanding and then reforming, becoming a leader of said pack, falling in love and becoming a mate. Time had really just flown by without the femme noticing it in the slightest.

"Yes, I have been well." Then her mind was brought back to the chilling wind that blew around all their forms. If she was taking the winter badly, she could only imagine how it must be for her African friend. Even though she didn't know exactly what the place was like, it was clear from the thinness of the other's pelt that she was not made for such temperatures. "A far cry indeed. I must admit the adjustment is not coming easy for me. You must be having just as hard of a time if not worse." She smiled sympathetically. "Well, there's no need for us to stand out here in the cold! We have a large human house on our land that many of us stay in. Why don't we head there, it will be much more comfortable to talk in." Savina motioned for her friend to follow her into the lands. "There's even a library." She winked, knowing how keen Festivity was on books and stories.

[/html]
[html]
whooo procrastination!

Much had passed in the landscape of 'souls since their last meeting, and Festivity was ignorant of much of it. She had, as of yet, very few friends and companions here and was therefore distant from most of the local trials and tribulations. Her recent intensity of studiousness and wanderlust had driven her from her usual social norms. Therefore, the disbanding of Twilight Vale and Shadowed Sun were unknown to her, as were the formations of recent packs. Fortunately, she had still arrived at the correct location, current name non withstanding.

"I manage," she said with a smile. "I kept a small collection of clothing from my travels and it is coming in handy now." Recently - that is, within the last few weeks since the weather turned - she had been spending increasingly large amounts of time indoors. Her favorite room in the library was an old study room furnished with a slightly decrepit but still functioning fireplace. Aside from the messy kitchen aspects of her basecamp, Festivity had effectively moved in. Hopefully, time would force adaptations on her body to allow for more time out-of-doors, but they had not arrived yet and she would rather not freeze. Besides, she had plenty of books to occupy her time and she had not yet developed cabin fever.

The suggestion to move was a welcome one. "Sounds wonderful. Lead the way!" A private library could probably not compete with the variety of literature found in Halifax. Then again, some collectors - be they human or canine - had a knack for picking up rare or ancient books. Looking forward to seeing not only the library but also the lands Savina called home, Festivity adjusted the bag she carried and waited eagerly to be off.

[/html]
[html]
I can't help but imagine the library as a smaller version of the one in Beauty and the Beast. xD

For the majority of her life, and even if the warmer months of being here at 'Souls, she had taken no interest in human trappings. Humans needed such things because they were hairless right? They didn't have coats of fur to cover their bodies. But as winter had descended on the land she was finding a new appreciation for such things. Multitudes of blankets helped keep her and her mate warm inside the mansion at night. The house itself provided such protection she couldn't imagine not having it. "I bet it is. I think I might have to travel back to the city to find some for myself. Border duties are becoming colder and more unpleasant by the day." There were times when the Lt. General wished she was lower in the hierarchy so she could excuse staying inside. But they always went away quickly. She loved her pack and wouldn't trade being the one to help lead and protect them for anything.

Thankfully for all parties the walk to Haven Manor was short. As it stood proudly out against the sky a warm smile lifted her features. Home. At times she wondered what her mother would say, having her daughter take residence in a human building. She could almost hear it and a soft chuckle came from her throat. "Well, here it is. Haven Manor. Many of the pack members live here, including myself." Deftly she climbed the stairs and opened the door for her guests.

As the three of them were safely indoors, Savina's body drank in the warmth. So calming and comforting. "This is the main area. Some come here to relax. This is also where our Commander brings patients. She's a healer, and a skilled one at that." Slender arm pointed across the large open space to a door at the back. "Back through there is the kitchen. And in it is the door to the cellar. We keep our food stores down there. All the other little doors are to individual rooms. There are many more up the stairs as well." No doubt Festivity knew such facts already, but the ebony girl took a great pride in the house and loved to share her knowledge. "And the library is this way." She motioned for her friend to follow her down the hall. There was something about this room that was always warm and inviting. Perhaps because Jazper had done such a wonderful job of restoring it. "Here we are!"

[/html]