I Heard It Through The Grapevine
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... ztable.gif);background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;">

By now, you should've somehow realized what you gotta do! (OOC area.)You can bring Tal in if you want Wink

His dark figure moved across the valleys once again, this time it was mid day. The sun was peeking through the clouds over head which made the day seem dark and grey. Jazper's large body tracked through the muddy grass on his way to see his mother. Secretly, he hoped Lucifer would not come to his howl for it seemed easier to control his mom's temper when they were talking one on one. He was well aware both wolf and wolfess had tempers that seemed to be unmatched by other wolves or coyote's he had met and yet here he was begging for her to yell at him.

Jazper had left on a bad note a month ago and had not returned since but, luck would have it he worried for his mother and brother Tal. He spent a good chunk of his pack life in Crimson Dreams wishing he could talk to his mother. Naturlaly, Naniko was sweet and sympathetic to his needs and allowed him to travel around freely. She had always been so kind to the boy that he would never dream of leaving her. Still, his family lived in Phioenix Valley while his loyalties lay with his pack mates, all of who he respected and cared for. Heck, he was a protector. As he paused at the boarder he let his mind wander from Garnet for a second, he just wanted to be with his mother for a moment of peace. Large jaws opened as he lifted his coal head to the blue sky above "Momma?."

[/html]
Tal and Deuce had been walking along, discussing variuos trees and shrus and the like. Taliesin was shaping up to follow in her footsteps, she believed. He was a bright boy, always inquisitive. She opened her mouth to answer another question from the small white boy, when a call made her start in surprise. It had sounded like jazper. The memory of his beloved flashed through her mind, and a slight scowl creased her face. Garnet had visited, and then run off when Deuce informed her what she thought of her and her kind.

But that wasn't today. Jazz was calling for her, and she would come. "Coming," she howled back, before setting abrisk pace to where the dark male was waiting for her. and then there he was, standing there, looking all grown up, and even taller, it seemed, than thelast time she'd seen him. She approached with a smile, hugging hjim. She hadn't quite forgiven him for what he'd said to her and Lucifer, but she understood. It was the smae way she'd felt when phoenix had berated her for loving lucifer.
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... ztable.gif);background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;">

By now, you should've somehow realized what you gotta do! (OOC area.)

He waited, tapping his foot impatiently. What if she didn't want to see him, what if she didn't come? Then her call came. His ears perked up with excitment as his mum and Taliesin apeared before him. His head tilted slightly, there was something just not right. To his surprise Deuce was smiling and suddenly he was being hugged by his mother. She was so small compared to him, he reached around her and then something clicked. Taking a step back he looked to his moms belly and a large grin spread across his muzzle.

"How much longer?" He questioned eagerly, "Is dad excited? Have you been getting enough food? Sleep?" He carfully kneeled down and placed an ear against his mothers inflatted stomic in amazment. Standing once more he looked down to Tal and gave him a wink. "How're you doin' laddie?" Jazper looked fomr white to white, "I miss you guys mum. I'm sorry about what I said but let's put that in the past. I miss having my family. I mean, Naniko's been very kind to me since the fire and I'm in her debt always but her pack's not my family. It hasn't been fun not having you guys around."

[/html]
How much longer? "It will be soon, I imagine. They move a lot, and I'm looking forward to having it over with," she laughed. She was going to ignore the question about Lucifer, but Taliesin spoke up in his inmimicable way. "Daddy hates it, casue they aren't his. They are Hah...ha....hachu's. But hachu don't wanna deal with 'em either." Deuce's face warmed under her fur. She sighed tal's name, looking down at the pale boy.

Her gaze returned to Jazz. "In my defense, I got pregnant when your father and I were split up, after he kicked me out of twilight vale." She then responded to the rest of the dark child's words. "We've missed you too. And yes, I've been eating and tking care of myself. Lucifer and Jefferson keep the pack well stocked. We don't go without, here in the Valley."
[html]

Happy that his mother and his future siblings were okay his grin grew but, with Taliesin's words his smile fadded and his golden eyes turned to his mother questioning. As she sighed and explained quickly he shook his head, "Mom..Is dad going to help out or are you and Tal going to have to raise them yourselves? You know you can always call on me to help out. Just send Tal to Crimson Dreams to fetch me." He hated the thought of Lucifer leaving Deuce to raise pups on her own. It was so tough when they are too young to go outside or spend much time alone. He looked down at Tal, "Have you been taking good care of mum and our little brothers or sisters for me little bro?" He knew he should visit more but he had a lot of responcibilities with the pack and Garnet. As his mind wandered to Garnet he looked up to his mom, "You should meet Garnet with dad. I'll bring her by sometime."

[/html]
We aren't ALONE. I have the pack to help. We'll get by. She didn't want her black son to think badly of his father. It wasn't right. This mess wasn't Luicfer's fault, after all. It was mostly hers, actually. Mostly, not entirely.

Tal piped up. "I take good care of momma. I teach her to hunt and she teaches me about herbs and to read." He grinned at his big brother, his tail wagging. "I can teach you to hunt too!" He was serious, of courwse. The younger boy took himself quite seriously.