whispers on the wind
He had waited long for Alexey's return and yet here in the beginning of the snowy season she still mysteriously was missing. Sankor had been dishearted to learn that she'd gone off in search of him while he'd returned, just slipping through the cracks and missing one another by mere days. He sat on the beach near Dahlia de Mai's lands staring across the partly frozen bay as the winds buffered his thick mahogany pelt and gave him a rather fluffier bear like appearance than normal. His ears flicked back against his skull the male's mind was off on thoughts of what the next step was.

Locially he believed that since Alexey had found happiness in the pack, except for her missing siblings, he believed.. that perhaps it was time for the rest of the clan to settle down. The only problem was to convince his near mirror image sister who had no love for the world of the changlings within the pack. He'd met some of the packmembers and had found nothing wrong with them, each held their own personality and mind, not all were friendly all the time, but he didn't hold it against them, Sankor never did. Instead he just sat there upon the outskirts of their lands and plotted and ployed on what in the world he was to do.

His challege was a smaller framed sibling with a headstrong outlook on the world.. as patient and placid as he could be it might be the challege of his very life.
[html]

Ade hadn’t returned to Dahlia de Mai since that first time Sankor and her had come by, weeks and weeks ago, right after Sankor’s return. Alexey hadn’t been there, but they hadn’t ventured in far enough to learn her whereabouts. They had simply called for her, and when she hadn’t answered, Adelaida hadn’t wanted to stick around. Although Sankor had assured her that he would find Alexey, she hadn’t heard from him since that day either. The absence of her sister and the lack of word from her brother sent her looking for answers herself, though deep in the pit of her stomach Adelaida felt disappointment brewing. The closer the two toned female came to the pack Alexey was calling home the stronger that feeling grew.

Adelaida would have headed straight into the heartland of the pack, and most likely into yet another situation she wouldn’t be able to get herself out of, if she hadn’t caught the scent of her brother on the wind. It was strong and he wasn’t far off, as it was it only took her a mere fifteen minutes to locate him, though it took her another ten minutes of watching him from afar before she worked up the nerve to come up to him. Adelaida didn’t even speak; she didn’t think she had to. The question was plastered on her face, her eyes searching her brother’s. Ade wanted to know where her sister was, but she had a feeling she would not like the answer.

[/html]
Sankor had been sitting there far too long, the cold was beginning to sink into his pawpads as he shifted his weight from foot to foot in attempt to warm them. He knew he might as well turn away and leave his ponderings behind but he couldn't. He felt in some small way that he'd failed them both and yet he constantly argued to himself how it was all out of his paws. The male lowered his head slightly and sighed. He had a funny feeling that he wasn't going to see Alexey anytime soon with the turn of the weather and the blasting winds that were beginning to hack at his pelt. He could smell the scent of heavier snow in the air and it worried him but he was afraid to bring the fears to face because that made them a part of reality, if he left them hidden away they were just another fruitless worry he could control.

It seemed though that the male wasn't allowed to sit there all alone and share his thoughts with the silence. The same bitter winds that told him of snow to come complained about another slowly approaching. He knew before she'd even come close enough for her shadow to cross his path who it was and that made it all the more harder for the male to push the fears away. He flicked those black tipped ears towards the soft steps of Ade as he turned his head slightly, just enough to get a glimpse of her as he spoke. "Hey Ade.."

He was silent as the winds whistled around them, the cold fighting to sink in below his furcoat and travel along his bare skin yet it was the only losing battle this day. There were so many questions he could as her, so many thoughts that he'd left on his mind. Avoiding his sibling this whole time had been heartbreak but it had been something he had to do. She was silent and so he turned fully to face her and he could read everything that was on her beautiful face. Casting his eyes away quickly the richly hued sibling asked. "What are you doing out here?" Though he already knew the answer deep down.
[html]

Ade laid her black tipped ears back against her head. There was no warm embrace, no emotional hellos, nothing reminiscent of their first reunion. It had only been a few weeks since Adelaida had last seen her brother, but already she felt removed from him and she craved to bury her face in his pelt, but instead her feet stayed planted to the ground. It hurt that he did not embrace her, did not say anything more warmly towards her, but rather just questioned why she was here. It seemed, then, that Sankor wished to be alone, and Adelaida opened her mouth almost immediately to justify and explain her actions, as she was accustomed to answering to Sankor. I was just.. Her mouth snapped shut and her eyes narrowed a bit at Sankor.

The larger canine knew why she was there, why bother asking? And why bother answering? Adelaida did not need to explain her actions to him, but rather, he needed to explain to her. Why hadn’t they found Alexey yet? Had Adelaida so severely severed the relationship that she had lost her sister forever? And why had Sankor not sought her out, why did Adelaida have to come find him? Where is she Kor? Where’s my sister? Her sister. Not their sister. More than ever, with Alexey missing for so long, Adelaida felt more possessive of her than ever.

[/html]
He knew he was in the wrong having left his sister out of the loop but in his mind there was nothing he had needed to know yet. He'd had the hope that Alexey would have shown up sooner or later, sooner being the one he'd leaned so heavily on.. and yet hope had failed him. His green flecked eyes turned away from Ade's again as her voice seemed to change. He knew if she flew at him there he would deserve whatever punishment she had to dish out. His ears laid back against his skull as suddenly for a moment in time her short burst of words just disappeared and when he snuck a glance he was met with only those narrowed orbs of emotion.

He could feel the let down as he knew she knew what he was playing at. When she moved closer with the demand he wished the wintery weather would turn to a blizzard right then and there and hide one from the other's sight and perhaps he could flit away in the blind world of that instance. That would never happen and so instead he had to face the fury before him instead. Pint sized but just as dangerous. "She's gone.." he said softly, the truth coming out was never better than taking it in.

He flinched slightly at the possessiveness that Adelaida had taken other the topic with but he just sighed and gazed down at his paws. "She left, they say she had family matters to tend to.." His bushy tail wrapped around his paws as he said bitterly. "She probably went to find me.." and solve all our family's problems he thought but didn't say. Ade wanted their perfect family all together but she just set back and let everyone else do the work.. and it seemed that Alexey had done just the same as he had.. While he'd returned to come back to them she'd gone out to bring him home.. or so he was beginning to believe.
[html]

Gone?!?! Adelaida felt a sudden rush of anger, at Alexey, at Sankor, at her mother for being so far away and her father for dying, at the shifters for existing, at the coyotes for turning her into a monster, and at Dahlia de Mai for taking her sister away from her. The anger had always been there, but now Alexey was not here to help Adelaida reason it out, Adelaida couldn’t even pretend that Lexey was here. She was gone and suddenly at this news, which she had feared all along but never had to admit out loud, all the anger surfaced and there was no one to receive it but Sankor. She left us? She left me! Why? To find you, pfft. She left because she didn’t want me anymore, Sankor! Adelaida flew at him, her fangs bared but did not bite down when they contacted the flesh of Sankor, she merely thrashed her legs and head about in a fury, scratching him but not breaking the skin.

How long have you known? Why didn’t you tell me sooner? The soft voice had turned to a nasty snarl, loud and demanding. Adelaida would never had attempted this fit of fury on anyone but Sankor, because she knew her brother would never really harm her, restrain her maybe, but Sankor would take the abuse while trying to satiate the anger. He always had as a child, and Adelaida did not for a moment think that he would harm her now, as an adult, this was why she never sunk her fangs into him, but merely lashed out with her body, the anger fueling her, begging to be burned off in this meaningless onslaught towards her sibling.

[/html]
He should have known it was coming, actually he did known it was coming he just didn't expect it here and now. The fury that raced at him and was extinguished in the volley of snarls, flashes of fangs and claws. Her voice was raw with the emotions as he took the brute force of her anger. The thrashing he got would have continued if the larger male hadn't wrapped his forelegs around the smaller female and pressed her against him. He didn't care if she spilled his blood or not he deserved this and he deserved it a thousand times over.

Bowing his head he took the painful words as they came, never answering a single one because he didn't have an answer. A sigh drew from his lips as he growled softly from above his sibling. "I'm known for long enough..." Though he still hend her strong as she raved on his voice was weary and sad as he admitted the truth. "I just hoped that she'd return to us before winter set in.." And now winter was here and Alexey was still gone. He wished that he had spoken sooner to the angry wrath that he fought to hold but he hadn't. His voice was thick as he whispered to her. "I'm sorry.. I'm Sorry.."
[html]

Adelaida was restrained, as she knew she would be when her onslaught against her brother had begun. Sankor could easily overpower her, and it was no struggle to have her held tightly against him while she continued her fruitless struggle. To the untrained eye it would seem Adelaida was in a fit of hysteria, that she was beyond reason as she snapped and claws at Sankor to no avail. Yet Sankor would know better, and he would be able to note the subtle differences as he spoke and her efforts slowed the tiniest bit while she listened.

Sankor had known, and he had not told her. Alexey had gone and she had not returned. Adelaida was enraged by both. I hate you Sankor. I hate you. I hate her and I hate you. Adelaida flung the meaningless words into the air, knowing full well she did not mean them but not knowing how else to express her wounded feelings. Gasping for breath she feel into a puddle against her brother, too overwhelmed and exhausted to fight Sankor any longer, too upset to care she was leaning into the male she had just proclaimed she hated. Her strained voice fell into a whisper. I hate you both… I hate you both…

[/html]
He didn't even know when the tears had begun to fall but they had. His head bowed over her body as the hot stairs marred his cheeks. He'd done wrong by the girl and he knew there was nothing he could do to set it right. He'd tried to find Alexey, and short of leaving Adelaida he'd done everything in his power. Perhaps he shouldn't have tried to protect her from the pain of knowing that Alexey was gone but the sweethearted boy had thought that giving the lost sister time to find herway back to them would be enough.. but she'd never returned and he'd held the truth from the one who needed her far too long.

The snarls and enraged words she spat at him he knew he deserved even if she'd regret them one day or atleast take them back. He closed his eyes as she seemed to give up on raging at him as he whispered. "I know.. I know.." His heart was breaking at the wounds he'd given her but he couldn't unmake his choice and he couldn't bring Alexey back. He was here and he would always remain but he knew that there was no way he could convince her of that. He'd basically lied to her this long.. he couldn't make her trust him again.. but he knew the world would be a dull place if she ran.. if she took the same path that Alexey had.