i'll be a brand new day in a life that you hate
[html]

we prey as wolves among the sheep
and slit the necks of soldiers while they sleep

He hesitated outside the mansion, looking up at it as if it were some kind of ghost. Amazing; it didn’t look like it had changed one bit. But of course, he knew that wasn’t the case. Inside, things were bound to be different.

Apollo made his way past the white fence where he had often met Savina as a kid for his lessons in Italian. Those days seemed long past, but he knew it realistically hadn’t been that long ago. Walking slowly up the front steps, he hesitantly raised a hand, deciding whether or not it was time for him to venture inside. Closing his eyes for a brief moment, he opened the front door and stepped inside. A feeling of home returned, surprising him.

[/html]
[html]

hi!

It had taken some time, but the mansion was beginning to be home. The cave would be her and Naniko’s place, but the large house was her place with the pack. Anu was starting to find herself around the different rooms more often then she thought possible. There had been times when the walls were to over powering, making her need the sight of the outdoors to ease her claustrophobia. But now she could be happily within then for any length of time.

Many members walked in and out of the front entrance at any given time, so the noise of the door did not startle her. She hardly looked up from the counter she cleaned in the agasent kitchen. She had come to keeping the place dusted, and like how working on the building, just as in the garden, kept her worrying mind at ease. Welcome back., her soft voice rang through the door way, paws taking her to meet the returning wolf. Blue eyes met the sight of someone she didn’t recognize. At first glance it could have been Kansas, or Pilot, but this was certainly someone new.

[/html]
yay, hii![html]

"Thanks," he replied to an empty hallway, but then it was suddenly occupied by someone he didn’t recognize. Maybe he should have, but Apollo had to admit that there weren’t many memories of the people here in Twilight Vale, or now Crimson Dreams. He had been so secluded and quiet the whole time he had been here, that he hadn’t really gotten to know the others. Either way, he smiled his crooked grin at Anu, grateful for some hospitality.

"I’m Apollo," he offered, hoping he wasn’t making a fool of himself by telling her information she already knew. Perhaps she was a new member. He would hope on that. He took off his bag that had been slung over one shoulder, and set it gently on the ground so that it leaned against one of the walls. Everything seemed a lot smaller, but he supposed it was because he had grown quite a bit since he had been here last.

[/html]
[html]

Cleaning rag in paw she looked at the taller, blank hued male. Placing his bag on the floor, it looked as if he was readying himself for a stay. It made her smile, happy o think that there was someone that wanted to join their pack. Anu was always happy to accept new members, but there was something about him. It seemed like he already belonged.

Anu Introducing herself as she wiped her hands against the rag she tried to figure out what his situation might be. That must have been quite a trip. acting as if she had been waiting for him all along. She gave him a big smile. Are you back for good?

[/html]
[html]

"I suppose so," he said with a small chuckle. It had been. In his absence, the pack had shifted its borders only slightly and claimed a new name. It didn’t feel much different, but he could tell things had changed probably just as much as he had. "Well, for a little while at least. Until I figure out what I’m doing," he responded, knowing that wouldn’t really make much sense to Anu, but not really wanting to explain everything. His plans with DaVinci were for him only, and even he had yet to discover that his hybrid friend had found other plans.

"Seems quieter," he offered, moving away from the door and further into the hallway. He supposed that without him and his mischievous brother running around, things would be less chaotic. He didn’t know, however, that Crimson Dreams had plenty of puppies to keep its hands full.

[/html]
[html]

sorry for the wait!

Whoever Apollo was, Anu was happy that he had returned. Someone must be looking for him, and if one out of the family was waiting for him, and happy to have him back. Then so was she. It was simple thinking, that kept her naïve but happy.

Enjoy it. The silence had become something that she held close to her heart. As much as she wanted the pups to stay under her watch, the moments to herself and of quiet were gifts. Now, who do you belong to? No one ‘came home’ to a house empty of family, and though she was sure he didn’t belong to her mate, Nani's history was always full of surprises.

[/html]
No worries. :][html]

'Enjoy it.' He smiled. Something in that sentence almost faired as a warning aside from a demand. It made him reason that perhaps there were pups to replace he and his mischievoius brother. That thought didn’t bother him so much.

"Uhh," he started, chuckling to himself. He had denied his father when he had lived here, so the question of who he belonged to seem more involved. It wasn’t a simple answer of he or she. In fact, Apollo didn’t feel as if he belonged to anyone. So instead, he decided to answer easier with, "My father is Pilot Haddon and my mother was Dierdre Rhiannon." He had come to the conclusion that Sirius’ father was different, but he wouldn’t include that at the moment. He wasn't sure if Anu was familiar with either of them, anyhow.

[/html]
[html]

Moving to the side of the hallway she motioned him forward. It he was hungry there might be something for him to snack on, or if he was tired, maybe the living room would be the better place for him to rest. She would let him make the decision, but they didn’t need to stay in the doorway. He was welcome here, especially if he was Pilot’s son. The male had departed form their ranks, but Anu had no hard feeling and happy to accept his son into the pack’s home.

Slowly Anu understood the relationships that tied all the packs together. It seemed like everyone had been with everyone and that children always became a factor. She had even become entangled in the web of relations. I am sure they have both missed you. Having her own children had let her into the secret living of parents, and it consisted mainly of worrying.

I know you father, but never had the pleasure of meeting your mother. Pilot is no longer here, I’m afraid I don’t know where he ran off to. she hoped her words didn’t upset him.

[/html]
[html]

He offered a genuine smile as she beckoned him further into the mansion. Though familiar, it seemed almost ghostly to him – different somehow. He didn’t respond right away when she spoke, and only took in the sights of the home. They moved down the hall towards the kitchen and that end of the house. He took the opportunity to move into the living room, noting the familiar odds and ends. "Neither did I," he responded, his back now turned to Anu as he studied the mansion. He gave her a side glance, explaining, "She disappeared only minutes after I was born."

He decided to take a seat on the furniture that was situated in the room. Pilot not being here didn’t really matter to him all that much. There was Shadowed Sun and Twilight Vale, and then they had converged into this Crimson Dreams. He supposed his father should have been here, but who knew. He could only shrug his shoulders. "I’m sure I’ll run into him sooner or later," he responded.

"So," he started, hoping he shouldn’t have known this information already. "What about you? I mean, do you have relations here in Crimson Dreams?"

[/html]
[html]

Anu hated to be the barer of bad news, especially if she hadn’t known that she was holding news that might hurt someone. It was written on her face, embarrassed that she would bring such unhappy thoughts back into the light. It wasn’t easy for her to cover how she truly felt, her face and body was for to quick for her mind to control her features. It was never far behind though, reminding her that there was no reason for her initial reaction.

Giving a small smile for when he turned to explain she hoped he didn’t notice her reaction. More aware of her emotion she was able to give a small nod when he spoke of his abandonment. Apollo didn’t seem to phased by the news, taking it with a shoulder shrug and a calm voice. Anu let herself rest on a near by armchair facing the younger wolf.

I don’t have any blood relations here, but the four pups around here are mine and Naniko’s. She was proud of her little family, and the children that she had been able to raise with her mate were growing to be strong individuals.

[/html]
[html]

"Oh?" He responded, looking up to Anu. So Conri was no more then. Or so it seemed. He hadn’t realized that Naniko felt that way about other females, though it didn’t bother him at all. He wanted to ask what had become of Conri, but was afraid it might be a touchy subject. After all, Anu must know about Naniko’s past love. And maybe it was for the best that Apollo remained in the dark, since the past wasn’t so pretty. He wouldn’t want to think about the terrible thing that had happened to the sweet, dear Naniko. "That’s great," he told her with a smile.

[/html]