Hey! Mr. [Piano] Man, play a song for me
[html]
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj31 ... s/savt.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Yay for making lyrics fit post titles? XD

The pair's walk back to the territory of Crimson Dreams had been a long, but pleasant one. It was so good to spend time with her old pupil once again. It made her proud that he had kept up his Italian. Maybe she had been a good teach after all. It was her first attempt to teach anyone anything, but it appeared she had at least done a satisfactory job with Apollo. Even though he had always been a reserved, quiet boy, she saw the light in him. There was dark too, but everyone had that. Herself most of all. She was just glad to have him back in her life.

They hadn't approached the mansion from the front, but that was alright. She knew of an entrance that would lead them directly to the library. She hadn't meant to find it, but she had simply stumbled across it one day. "This way, there's a place that will take us right to the library." Though maybe he already knew about it. Had found it on an exploration when he was younger and still living here. Savina held the door open for the younger male and motioned for him to go inside.

The warmth that greeted them felt wonderful on her skin. No more frigid cold for a while. The Lt. General had to admit, Jazper had done a great job of cleaning this room up. It was in nearly perfect order. And right in the middle was the musical instrument. "Here we are! Is that a piano, like you hoped?"

[/html]
[html]

we prey as wolves among the sheep
and slit the necks of soldiers while they sleep

The walk hadn’t been half bad. After weeks of venturing on his own, it was nice to a have a familiar face for company on the trek. The weather was getting colder, so once inside, Apollo could instantly feel the relief. "Thanks," he said to Savina as she held the door open that lead to the library. He wandered towards the piano, amazed. It was better than he could have ever hoped for. "Yes, it is," he replied, moving to slide his fingers along the smooth surface of the wood. A particular smile of his caught his lips, and he moved the bench so that he could sit down at it.

"This place is beautiful," he commented, now taking a moment to look around at the room that Jazper had done a wonderful job with. Apollo had only wandered by the library once when he had lived here before, but had never really dared to go much further than just past the threshold of the door. It was a truly magnificent room. "This piano," he said, bringing his attention back to the instrument, "is amazing." He patted the empty space on the bench next to him, hoping Savina would join him.

[/html]
[html]
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj31 ... s/savt.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Happiness helped warm her as well, as Apollo confirmed that this was indeed the instrument he had been hoping it would be. There was something different about him as he ran his fingers along the smooth, ebony wood. A little spark lit in him that she had never seen before. The smile that crossed his lips caused her own to lift upwards. Suddenly it felt almost as if he had never been gone at all. Like he had just shot up a few months over night. It was a nice way to think about things.

Savina herself had never really taken the opportunity to stand and examine the large, book-filled room. But now that she did it was really quite beautiful. "It is, isn't it?" Her voice murmured wistfully. There were so many books. It made her want to learn to read even faster. It would be a nice way to spend her down time, coming in here to digest the stories all the various covers housed.

At his quiet invitation she walked over to join him at the piano, lightly settling herself on the bench next to him. Now, she knew that this thing was here, but she had never been around when Jazper had been playing it. So she still had no idea what it sounded like. Honestly, she had never heard any "music", aside from that of nature. "So you know how to use this?" she queried.

[/html]
I should probably be studying for my final today, but I decided to post instead! XD Music here.[html]

He raised an eyebrow, grinning, as he moved the cover to expose the ebony and ivory keys to the world. Even as he did this simple act, he couldn’t help but admire this grand piano that was before him. The one he had learned on had been so dilapidated compared to this, and he felt almost privileged to be able to use something so beautiful. There had been a variety of different songs he had learned to play, and all of them he had memorized after countless hours of playing. Of course he knew he could start off with something easier, but he wanted to play the prettiest song that he knew for Savina to hear. No doubt it was his favorite.

He moved his position on the bench, mentally thinking of the song in his head. It had been quite some time since he had last played it. The keys felt foreign under his fingers, yet strangely inviting. "This one is my favorite," he told Savina, taking another moment to think over the notes before he started playing. Though he started rather hesitantly, the melody of the song pulled him in, and the rest seemed to come so naturally. Though, that wasn’t to say he was without his mistakes.

[/html]
[html]
I should be revising my story, but I dun wanna ><; And purdy song!

She watched rather intently as her friend mentally prepared himself to use the instrument. The only time she had seen such concentration in him was during their lessons, but this was almost to a whole other level. And as he started to play she understood why. The noises that began to come from the piano sent a spark up her spine. It was so beautiful. It reminded her of when Kansas had read her that first poem. Having come from a background where she knew little of humans and their inventions, things such as these were great surprises to her. Savina had known of their buildings and roads and other technical things, but she hadn't had a clue at the beautiful things the race had created.

Emerald eyes watched the boy's fingers run along the ivory keys with impressive dexterity. At times she couldn't help but let her eyes drift shut and let her mind flash a thousand pictures to accompany the music. It reminded her a great deal of poetry, just in another incarnation. She wondered if you could put the two together.

As Apollo's song came to a close, she looked at him, impression clear on her features. "Apollo, that was beautiful." He had memorized all that? The male had a great and bright mind, she had known that from the moment she had started teaching him. It was only reaffirmed now. "I've never heard human music before. It reminds me of their poetry in a way."

[/html]
Sorry for the delay on this reply! :][html]

He couldn’t help it – he was beaming. Though he was efficient with weapons now and portrayed a sense of rebellion, Apollo had an appreciation for the simple beauties in life as well. One of the reasons this instrument had pulled him in so much was because of the serenity it could release. The first song that had been played for him just put his whole body at ease and he suddenly had the urgency to want to learn. That was something Apollo had been gifted with – he had a mind like a sponge and had always been rather good at picking things up if he put his whole heart into it.

"I’m glad you liked it," he told her. "I loved it since the first time I heard it played. Something about it is just so peaceful." Casting a quick glance around, he wondered if maybe he would be able to find more sheet music. He wouldn’t oppose to learning new songs. "Poetry?" He asked then, looking back to Savina. "I’ve never heard any before."

[/html]
[html]
S'ok. And this is the poem she finds.

The joy evident on his features made the same expression appear on her own face. It was wonderful to see that he had found something that made him this happy. Music and the piano must do for him what the ocean did for her. It created an atmosphere where they were completely relaxed and at one with themselves. Such a thing could be a hard thing to find. It made her so happy that the reserved boy had found his.

Savina nodded her head at his comment. There most definitely was something peaceful about the music. She loved the way that it just pervaded the air and everything around. There was something magical about it. He had never heard any poetry before? That somewhat surprised her. Compared to her especially, Apollo seemed so cultured in the human ways. "Really? Hmmm, let me look. Surely there's some in here." The sable fey rose from the bench and walked to the nearest book-filled wall. Slender fingers brushed over the various volumes, eyes searching for anything that would give her a hint at being poetry. Her mate was doing a good job of teaching her how to read, but she was still only in the beginning stages.

Gently she pulled a book from the shelf and flipped it open. A satisfied grin grew on her lips as she carried the book back to the piano. Retaking her seat next to her friend she showed him the page she had found. "This is poetry. I'm afraid you'll have to read it yourself though. Kansas has started to teach me, but I'm only beginning to learn."

[/html]
100th post, whee.[html]

He swung his legs over the bench so that he was now facing away from the keys, watching as Savina walked towards the books surrounding them in this rather large library. He waited eagerly, wondering how a book could remind her of the music she had just heard him play. The speech must somehow seem lyrical, but he was having trouble imaging it. When she found something she seemed to be satisfied with, his smile returned.

He leaned over to look at the page she held the book open at. "Really? You can’t read? Since you had taught me Italian, I had just assumed…" He offered a shy, almost embarrassed smile. "I can’t read either. Well, not much. I only know small bits and pieces." He studied the poem anyways, picking out words he understood. However, some of the language seemed completely foreign to him.

[/html]
[html]
Huzzah!

Savina was surprised that he thought she could read. Perhaps she had never really fully explained her life before coming to Twilight Vale to him. That must have been the case. She had been too busy playing with him and teaching him to have delved into her past. "No. The pack I lived in back in Italy wasn't like most of the ones in Europe. Even though all of us were luperci we lived as regular wolves in the wild. We were never taught to read or shift and never dealt with any human artifacts. So living here has been quite the crash course for me." Her life back in her country of origin seemed so distant now, and not simply in the thousands of miles. She had changed a lot since being here, more comfortable in herself and her abilities.

At Apollo's admission that he could not in fact read either, her light laughter filled the library. What a pair they were. Two illiterate wolves trying to decipher poetry. "Well then, so much for that idea." The sable femme took another look at the page, trying to think of how to explain poetry. "Kansas explained to me that it has something to do with the way it's arranged. Like these lines." Her finger traces the various sentences. "They don't go all the way across like a story does. And they have a sort of rhythm to them."

[/html]
[html]

"Oh wow, I never would have guessed," he told her, finding it interesting that a whole pack of Luperci would live as if they were not. He didn’t know any different than the life that he lead now; he tried picturing remaining in his Lupus form and never shifting or experimenting with things such as playing the piano. How strange that kind of life would be.

He studied the words once more as Savina’s slender finger moved across the page. He nodded, listening to what she was saying. He tried to imagine it, and for a moment, he thought he could hear it. Words moving along to the rhythm of music. Except there would be no accompaniment. The words themselves would create the music. "I’ll have to ask Kansas to read some for me," he said, though mostly to himself. "I’m interested to hear what it sounds like." He studied the poem, chuckling to himself. Some of them couldn’t possibly be words.

[/html]
[html]

As she glanced back at his face she could see at least some recognition of what she was saying. Well, at least finding the poem hadn't been a total loss. It felt good to be able to, in some way, teach him something again. Savina still wasn't incredibly confident in her skills as a tutor, but when she was able to accomplish something it made her feel very good. Being able to pass on some knowledge or skill. If and when she ever had children, she couldn't wait to begin to teach them everything they needed to know. The sable lady wanted them to have more opportunities than she had as a pup.

"I'm sure he'd be more than happy to. He really loves reading." It was a passion she was beginning to share more and more. From the first moment he had read her that poem on the porch she had been intrigued with human writing. And now that she was learning to read it was only expanding. "I wish I could do a better job of explaining it, but you do really need to hear it for yourself to understand. I have no doubt that you'll like it though." If Apollo loved music so much she was sure he would love poetry as well.

[/html]
Want to go ahead and archive?[html]

"Great," Apollo responded, shutting the book gently in his hands and turning it over to examine the cover. He couldn’t really make much sense out of the words along the spine or the covers themselves, but it still intrigued him any how. He traced the letters with a finger, still trying to imagine the principle of poetry. He hoped he could find Kansas sometime soon. Maybe mixing the poetry and music would be lovely; it would be another project for Apollo to work on.

"Well," he started, looking up towards Savina now. "I think I might go check things out. Maybe explore the lands again and refamiliarize myself with everything. It already looks so foreign... even though I grew up here." He gave the library a sweeping glance before turning back to his friend. "We’ll have to do this again sometime. Maybe once I learn how to read some of this poetry from Kansas," he told her, tapping his fingers on the book that he tucked beneath an arm. He planned to take it with him so maybe he could pick at it while he was alone.

[/html]
[html]
Sounds good!

As Apollo looked back up at her she nodded her head. To her, it didn't seem like many things had changed all that much. But he had been gone for a few months. This wasn't even Twilight Vale anymore. If she could take a few steps back like he had, she probably would notice some large differences. "Of course! Go ahead and look around as much as you want. If you come across anyone who doesn't know you, just tell them that you have my permission." There were still many wolves here that would recognize him, but they had gained a fair amount of new members as well. She didn't want anyone harassing him.

Her tail swept against the edge of the bench. "Yes, we will! That will be wonderful!" Savina stood up, stretching her arms over her head. She should probably get back to the room and see if Kansas was about. "If you need anything to eat, the food cache is still in the basement. Though if you wouldn't mind restocking afterwards, that would be great. We have lots of little mouths to feed." Leaning down she gave him a quick kiss on the top of his head before heading out of the room.

[/html]