you're yesterday's child to me
[html]
We should end this soon. D:

"Yes," he replied defiantly. The sins he'd experienced, even those he didn't remember from before the initial amnesia when he'd first woken back up bruised and bleeding, were bore on his skin. It was like an angry painter's work, throwing his paint on the canvas and accepting it wherever it fell. The scars were countless; some deep, some dark, some thin, some thick. Some carried a personal burden to him, others he had never stopped to notice. There were so many that Jefferson just considered himself a monster without a purpose, without any knowledge of what he'd done. He was like a Godzilla with Alzheimer's: he'd done a lot of shit, hurt a lot of people, messed a lot of crap up, but hell if he remembered it. He was living blissfully ignorant, although the bliss ran thin. "The scars are reminders. I don't know what the hell I did to get most of them, but all I know is that I don't want to do it again." He scowled. "No one with all these scars should be alive. I got lucky somehow." For all he knew, there were angry creatures still after him for revenge.

"I'm not weighed down," he lied. He couldn't even tell if he was anymore; stress from the pack and the like had kept him so busy that his personal life had been thrown on the backburner and left to rot. "It was hard once. I've gotten past that. Grown up, maybe." How much older could he get? He was old enough already. Old and crusty... and full of scars. "You've listened more than anyone else," he smirked, now turning his green eye pack to her. There was a smile even in his voice. "Helped me with my family and everything. You can't belittle yourself knowing that."

[/html]
Iskata was quiet as he spoke. She knew he was right and yet she still didn't want to admit it. She didn't want to start all over again from step one and relearn the dance and rhythm she had fallen into so well in the past. Starting over with a body that didn't feel like her own was too much for her to handle right now. She just wanted to be the same old character she'd once been but it was hard to let go of what might have been and greet the new wisdom of moving on. She cast her visionless orbs back to the fire that flickered and danced without her seeing it as she nodded in understanding.

"I don't welcome change, when it's myself who has to bend or break." she admitted finally. She sighed softly and grumbled. "I'll rest for now.. but don't try and change me Jefferson.." she said with a brittle edge to her voice. She knew in time she'd have to adit to all of it and take her spot but she still believed she could be what she once was, she hadn't admitted defeat or wanted to believe that she had to be reshaped to fit the new mold in life. She lowered her head to her paws and closed her eyes.. wishing this had all just been some strange dream though she knew it was no illusion.
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... ump/01.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Aaaand... fade out!

Don't change me, Jefferson, she'd said. He smiled a little bit to himself at the thought. He, change Iskata? Impossible. The woman, even blind, was too stubborn to change. Even Jefferson, who was stubborn himself, couldn't do it. They were just two idiots butting heads... even if he tried to help, it wouldn't do a thing. He smirked and turned to her, shook his head, and sighed. "No use trying that," he snickered. "You'll always be the same no matter what happens to you."

[/html]