I'm free, untied, I'm bound to new philosophy
Dated to the 17th of December. THX!

[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v469/ ... -table.png); background-position:top; background-repeat:no-repeat;">

Williow was a week old. The pale mother needed to check on the cattle. She didn't know if anyone had been doing that or not. The last time she'd left the house was for that meeteing where Iskata stepped down. It depressed the woman, but she had more to worry about than the Whilom. The pack's safety was her concern right now. She made a pack warm and comfortable for Willow, slipping it over a shoulder and making sure it wouldn't fall. Willow was content to lay inside, so Deuce left the wamth and safety of her cabin to go check on the cows.
It felt like it took ages to get to where they needed to be. The snow was piled fairly high as they made their way through the snowdrifts to the enclosure for the herd of cows. They were lowing unhappily, so Deuce made her way to the barn, bringing in each cow one at a time to milk them empty. She made a mental note to speak to some one about working out a schedual so the interested packmembers could take care of the cows. Until then, she'd have to make her way out here and do this every day. After milkng the cows, she made her way to the loft, pushing down some hay. She leaned back against the hay, panting softly. She yawned, taking a quick peek into her sack to make sure Willow was okay. The girl continued to nap, and Deuce leaned back into the soft, fragrent hay. Within minutes she was asleep.

[/html]
[html]

Pepe had wandered the new Phoenix Valley packlands for days, his blue eyes wide as he took in everything. His new home was different from what he expected it would be. As a boy, he had been fostered in the old pack called Storm. And although the landscapes held some similarities, this new pack was so different. But he was content to be here with Iskata. So much time had past between them, and it seemed as though they were comforting strangers. But he didn't love her any less. And he was sure with time that he would come to love Phoenix Valley too. As far as he was concerned, anywhere Iskata chose to be would be home for him.

There were such striking differences between the old pack and this new one though! He marveled at the way his new pack lived. It was strange to him, something he had never experienced or considered before. But Pepe had always been a curious wolf and aging had not changed that. He walked with a bit of a skip in his step, his gait long and sprawling as his white tail wagged slightly.

He found his way into the barn and his eyes widened once more. Cows! Whoda thunk it? Certainly not him! He'd grown up fending for himself, and meat was meat as far as he was concerned. Whatever kill he needed to make in order to eat, he'd do it. But he was no longer in the wilds and alone. Upon closer inspection he noticed that the cows didn't shy away from him like other prey animals. Extraordinary!

He decided to explore some more, climbing up to the loft to get a better view of the whole barn's layout. But when he reached the top he found a somewhat familiar white woman. "Hello there," he whispered not really sure if she was awake or asleep.

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v469/ ... -table.png); background-position:top; background-repeat:no-repeat;">

The whisper stirred her to wake. She blinked groggily, rubbing her eyes, then she gave a sheepish smile. "Hello there..." She wasn't sure she knew this male, but he smelled of Phoenix valley, and of Jefferson and Iskata, so she was calm. She sat up, stretching. A soft noise made her open the flap of the pack, allowing the week old pup, Willow to tumble out. A soft smile touched her lips as she looked at her tiny daughter.
She returned her attention to the male, giving him a smile. "I'm Duece, the Shaman of the pack. You must be new here."

[/html]
[html]

He smiled apologetically as the woman blinked herself awake. He really hadn't meant to disturb the woman's rest, but he really wanted to get to know her. He recalled seeing her at the pack meeting, but he hadn't spoken to anyone there. He had just watched and listened.

His smile turned to a broad bright thing as it stretched across his face. The tiny little girl was beautiful. He looked back up at the female with the different colored eyes. He remembered that she had been heavy with child at the meeting. She must have delivered the adorable little puppy since.

"Pepe Sadira, Loas," he said, naming himself. The last name spilled from his mouth without any hesitation. Sadira. He was a Sadira, it felt right for him to name himself as such. "I believe congratulations are in order. Your daughter is beautiful."

[/html]
Willow tumbled around, though she wasn't as active as an older pup would be. Deuce smiled at her, then returned her gaze to the one speaking. "Yes, i remember seeing you there. This is Willow, i had her shortly after the meeting." Another Sadira? Were they intent on taking over Phoenix valley? Not that it overly concerned the pale woman, she was quite secure in her position as Shaman.

Willow made a noise somewhere between a yip and a squeak, and Deuce smiled soflty. Then her mind focused on the boy again. "I have a question for you, Pepe. Would you be willing to help me with the cows? There's an awful lot of work to be done with them, and Willow's too young to be travelling just yet."
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... able01.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
__Out of character speech.

His tail wagging against his leg, he bent down to look at the small pup. "Hi Willow," he breathed softly. "Aren't you a beautiful girl." She was quite young, but she seemed strong. He was glad that Phoenix Valley seemed to be a secure place to raise children. The thought of having his own fleeted through his mind, but only for a moment. Although he had reached physical maturity, he had never really entertained the thought of settling down yet. Life was still one big adventure and he felt as though he hadn't seen ever a fraction of what it had to offer.

Pepe's Caribbean blue eyes turned back to the dual-eyed white woman. He nodded eagerly, smiling as he said, "I would be happy to Deuce." He had been wondering how he could be useful. He wanted to make a niche for himself, to become a productive member of the pack. The last few days he had spent exploring, but now he was ready to get down to business. "I've never cared for a prey animal before though."

[/html]