intelligence lies in the oddest of places,
[html]
http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/4243 ... optgd5.png); background-position:top; background-repeat:no-repeat;">

Just starting. Not much to say here, am I right? I do have a bit of a writer's block, but I'll try and stop complaining to whip up a post.

Allegro Aston had always been a strange one. Even her mother said so. She was confused easily; she never understood common sense, and certainly not basic intelligence! She had no major knowledge. Perhaps that was because she merely two years old, a young adult. On the contrary, Allegro might have been born with it. Either way, she was cursed (or blessed, depending on how you look at it!) with lack of intelligence. Alegro, being an optismist, always said she got out of trouble. She never was blamed; how could such a fool acomplish a clever crime? It seemed impossible for her to even think of a plan, let alone put it into action!

Even now, as Allegro Aston was leisurely sprawled across the sandy grasslands of Raven Beacon, she felt untelligent. Not stupid. Never could she feel stupid! She was confident in herself, to say the least. Still, Allegro wanted to impress someone. She pondered over all of her considerations, realizing she didn't have many. The most obvious was looks and charm. Allegro had a simple factor to charm, and normally left you craving for more. As for appearance, she was very drab and rather boring looking. Medium build, chocolate brown eyes, gray fur. Sure, she may have had black specks, but that wasn't much to brag about.

Allegro rolled over on her back, the birs and other random pointy objects striking deep into her fur. She didn't care, and in fact she rolled over more. The birs were now covering her whole backside; from the tip of her tail to the top of her head. Allegro admitted she felt rather silly, but easily dismissed the thoughts. Of course, bravery was an option, she thought getting back to her former considerations. Bravery. It was something Allegro thought was stupid; a bunch of cocky wolves trying to be brave and impress people. Allegro rolled her eyes. Wasn't that what she wanted to acomplish?

Allegro didn't want to be like a cocky wolf. She wanted to be.... she didn't exactly know what. Certainly not unique, though. She wanted to be in the crowd. But not too much of a follower. Oh, no. Allegro shook her head slightly and slowly. She knew of three things: one was that she wanted it to be somewhat simple and wouldn't affect her too much, two was simply that she wanted to commit to her new option of impressing the pack, and the final thing she positively knew was that Allegro wanted to be known. Not famous, but known as someone who was intelligent. That would show her parents.

Allegro Aston, who was now sprawled across the ground of Raven Beacon with grass covering her fur, had always been a strange one.

[/html]
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... parrow.png);background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;">
wc456

---

There was a sort of charm that the Raven Beacon possessed; it was probably bypassed and belittled more often than not, but regardless, the old lighthouse had always stood rather defiantly against the sky as it watched over its fleeting pack like some sort of cemented guardian. Its light had long since shone, its walls had long since been housing. Nowadays it simply stood and watched, as if waiting for something to happen, but the stone guardian would be of no help. It was inconveniently out of the way, and it was a curious thought if its light actually worked anymore. As far as Jefferson knew, it wasn't--but for the most part, it hadn't been particularly needed, either. After all, he was the one in charge of emergencies, and he wasn't about to go limping halfway across the territory to climb some spiraling staircases and flick on a light that might not even work. Hell, would anyone even realize a spinning light meant danger, anyway? What else would they use it for--boats? What boats?

Nonetheless, Jefferson knew of the qualities that the old lighthouse stood for, and he respected them despite its lack of use. It wasn't a totally useless thing, having a lighthouse in the territory... they only had a number of buildings throughout the territory--the ranch and barn, a couple cottages, the rickety mill nobody really dared near... Needless to say, he didn't retreat to the lighthouse very often, but it was a welcome little release from his normal responsibilities and duties. Of course, he took probably too many of those little get-aways from his subleader work, but more of than not, it went unnoticed anyway. He wasn't slacking off--he just needed time to himself.

It was a small surprise to find another reclining near the beacon's building--more than reclining, really, she was sprawled out on the ground. She'd kicked up some snow and was covered in an unpleasant mixture of snow, grass, and slush... Jefferson stopped short when he saw her, a rather perplexed, one-eyed look set down upon her as he tried to sort out this strange mystification of a pack member. Right, he'd allowed her in a few days earlier or something. What was her name? Hell, there'd been so many of these wolves wanting entry lately that he was losing track, and, well, he was okay with that. The hybrid decided maybe he should just let her be, and thus cleared his throat dismissively and limped on past, aiming towards the beacon's cozy little building. However, he found himself stopping beside her anyway, green eye affixed on her, gruffly perplexed. "I take it you're enjoying the new land," he muttered, and quickly turned and continued on his way up the path.

[/html]
[html]
http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/4243 ... optgd5.png); background-position:top; background-repeat:no-repeat;">

Studying; lame replies. Sorry. ;___;

Allegro turned her head rather emotionlessly to face the wolf approaching her. Her brown eyes were dim, lacking any signs of sentiment. Her fur was still dirty of the snowy slush and muck from the ground. She suddenly wished to be left alone again, but certainly didn't want that to show. Allegro always tried to be polite, even if that rarely ever happened. She sat up, scrambling to get on her feet. Once she finally succeeded, looking rather stupid, Allegro opened her usually tight, almost square-like jaw. "I suppose so," The words almost flooded out of her mouth. She didn't really know what she was doing here. Hell, she didn't even know why she was in the pack of Phoenix Valley.

Allegro nodded slightly, scrambling after the wolf. She didn't know his name, realizing he probably was of higher rank and she should. Allegro followed up the path with him, carefully keeping a small distance between the two. She certainly didn't want to cross into boundries that she shouldn't be in.

[/html]
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... itable.png);background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;">
Hah, that was me this weekend. I have the next two days off from finals (other than studying for one Thursday) so I can take my timeee. :3 We're going to assume that they met ICly, since technically she has to be allowed into the pack by the leaders, so Jefferson maybe let her in, but didn't really say much to her.

She'd mumbled something behind him, but the brute had sort of brushed it off and continued on his way unfazed. She was that exotic type of creature that, under normal circumstances, he purposely chose to have little relation to--of course, being now a subleader, this was no longer the case. He had to have a level of involvement in all members of the pack... needed to know their weaknesses, strengths, everything. They had specific places they were to go in emergencies, and he had to know whom it was he had to worry about. Those that wouldn't follow direction, evidently. Those that were the exotic type. He mused about her capabilities briefly as he limped along, that is, until he realized that he was being followed.

His irregular steps didn't stop, but the hybrid gazed lazily over his shoulder with his good eye, scowling. Why was she following him? Jefferson had simply passed on by, there was no invitation there. He decided to ignore it at first, continuing closer to the beacon a ways, before glancing over his shoulder again and noticing that she was still there. It was at this point that his movement stopped, and he looked at her with his back turned. "So..." he began to say, frowning and irritably puzzled. "...You're following me." Uh, what did she expect out of him? The strange little creature would learn soon enough what an independent beast he was, how little he wanted to deal with people when it was not absolutely necessary. His voice was not gruff, however, but perplexed; he considered this some of his "time off", and he liked to spend such time... alone.

[/html]
[html]

Hah, yeah. :3 Cannot wait until vacation. -grabs cowboy hat-

Following him? Ah, Allegro guessed she was stalking right behind the other wolf. She knew he was a sub-leader, and obviously a mysterious one at that. Technically, she knew no more. But that didn't didn't mean she was going to give up! Oh, no. Allegro had her mind set on discovering the old brute, no matter what it took.

Allegro stopped when he stopped. She looked into his eyes, searching. That one was thing she was good at; studying a person. It was probably, in fact, the only thing she was good at. Allegro locked her gaze into his eyes. My, she hadn't seen such gorgeous green eyes before. She suddenly felt shy about her chocolate brown eyes. How boring was she? Allegro opened her mouth, the words spilling out. This wolf must have that sort of presence, she guessed. Allegro was certainly talking too much. "Why, yes, I am following you," Allegro nodded slightly, her gaze not glancing at all away from her target. Her voice was muffled, only a mumble. She decided not to say anything else, and continue walking. But she deeply wanted to see what the wolf was going to do next.

[/html]
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... itable.png);background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;">
--

She stared staring at his eyes, for whatever reason--the brute's scowl darkened and he tipped his nose to her in a vague attempt to distract her meandering vision. What was she looking at, his scars? He turned away from her so that his scarred eye, perpetually held shut due to its disuse, fell into the shadows of his face. His good green eye, the one remaining, thinned and glared at her rather darkly, the brute obviously displeased for all the attention suddenly sent to his face. It was not that he was self-conscious, no; it was that he just didn't want staring. That was all...

"Enough," he grunted, finally turning to face her. What was with people and getting in his way lately, anyway? One right after another, it seemed. He never really had time to take a real breath, or so he thought. Something always came up. "...The hell was your name? 'Allergy'?" He shook his head in a quick frustration and turned again, limping up the path again. "Unless you've got some reason for interrupting me, leave me alone."

[/html]
[html]

This is SO late. I'm really sorry. ;_;

The sun suddenly felt blazing hot, hotter then usual, against the Loas' gray fur. She swallowed her pride, her thought of understanding all creatures, all of the knowledge Allegro had thought she possesed. Stepping back from the wolf, Allegro bit down on her teeth. Her jaw tightened and obviously looked strained. She kept quiet, however, except for the slight rumble of her stomach. She hadn't eaten anything that morning. Humilation quickly flooded over Allegro. After all, she was barely two years old and hardly knew what real humilation felt like.

"Sorry for interrupting your walk," Allegro started but continued following him. "But I do believe I'll continue following you." Boredom flashed through her eyes as plain as night and day. "And, yes, it was Allegro. Allegro Aston." Allegro didn't want to push her new confidence and decided to look away from the wolf into the distance, but she still followed him with great interest.

[/html]
[html]
--

He groaned and rolled his eye yet again, shaking his head as he turned and began to walk again, as if she would just disappear if he waited long enough. She didn't and he knew she wouldn't; he didn't want to speak with her, he didn't want to interact with her, he didn't even know her! ...But he was a subleader now, and he supposed he was supposed to do that. Sigh.

"You're annoying," he grumbled grimly beneath his breath, hardly caring whether or not she could hear him. "I'm not your chaperone and I'm not going to bring you on field trips and entertain you. I'm not your dad, either." He snorted and suddenly broke into a yawn, remembering that he hadn't even introduced himself, had he? Hell, who cared? "Go bother someone who cares. I don't know what you expect someone like me to do."

[/html]
[html]

Yuck. --

Losing all of her new-found confidence, Allegro flashed her shocked eyes. Actually, she wasn't very shocked. She sensed the lack of hospitality with this wolf. He looked of a high rank, and she especially didn't want to push it any further. Inside, Allegro was wildly blinking her eyes and wondering why this wolf was so... outspoken. He didn't look to be very outgoing, just able to speak his mind. At his words, Allegro lost all interest in him. Her father. She shut her eyes and gave up. Her father was somewhere; somewhere probably with her siblings, while she had left because of the lack of attention he had given her.

"I'm... sorry," Allegro backed away from the wolf with a slight speed. She burrowed her eyebrow, swallowing hard. She planned on going back to camp to rest. No. Allegro wasn't going to have her walk ruined just because of an upset brute. She walked on, ahead of the wolf but keeping her distance. Facing away from the wolf, she spoke. "Sorry," Allegro smiled slightly, the corners of her mouth curling up.

[/html]
[html]
--

The nerve of some creatures, he thought. Shameless, no respect... He resisted the urge to damn them for being kids, but he wasn't that old. Four and a half wasn't that old, was it? Well, he certainly hoped not, but regardless of the concept, his vision of the younger folk were that they were reckless, they didn't know what they were doing, they didn't know how to show respect. He stared after the gray-hued female as she sort of skipped her away around him, apologized a couple times, and sort of still accompanied him, from a distance. He could have turned around, could have gone back where he'd come from, but it seemed she was just as stubborn as he. It was somewhat rare that he was... evenly matched.

He was a little curious, a little concerned why she had no regard for her elders or her leader, but he cared very little for any of that. Jefferson had just wanted to be left alone. "You don't have any scars," he found himself say matter-of-factly, as if he didn't believe it. If she was as stubborn as he was, she might've had a couple here and there--no missing eyes or gimped legs, of course, because their causes had nothing to do with stupidity or stubbornness.

[/html]
[html]

Sorry about the wait, Lin. -.-

Scars? Allegro raised her eyebrows slightly, shifting her weight equally between her front legs. She did too have scars! Okay, she only had one; a tiny slit on her neck from an arguement she just happened to be involved in. Allegro just happened to be hunting in the area when two males got into an arguement about a female, which evolved into a full out wrestling match. One of the males, the larger and winning one, accidently scratched her neck. Allegro sometimes bragged, being the stubborn and almost vain wolf she is, that she had gotten that scar from a fight she had won. But, of course, barely a soul believed her.

Allegro spoke up. This time she wasn't going to lie about her tiny scar, which had always been more of a scratch. "I have a scar," She began, tiilting her neck towards him. "I got it from a fight," She wasn't lying, right? She had gotten it from a fight, just not one she had been involved in. Allegro was stretching the truth far too much for her to be content, but she sat down almost happy with herself.

[/html]
[html]
<3

His words had been a partial test; for some reason, many creatures considered scars and the like to be the markings of a true, courageous warrior of some sort. Jefferson supposed that could be true to an extent, but scars were hardly courageous in his eyes. No, they were the markings of an idiot who'd gotten involved in something he shouldn't. They weren't tattoos, they weren't sources of pride. They were permanent marks of shame for the world to see and gawk at. They were his sins; proof of his foolishness. Proof he'd been everywhere and back again, to hell but never to heaven. They made him ugly, a brute, a monster. Something to be feared. Something to distrust.

Jefferson took one slight step forward, green eye affixed on the scar she presented on her neck. There was an emphasis in her voice, a flaunt of her presence all of a sudden. But most of all, he knew what scars looked like. He knew how they connected, how they felt, how they healed. He knew what talon or tooth of the body could create for scars, and he knew how much force had to be emphasized to create one permanently. He scowled her. "Shut it," he hissed. "That's no scar. You don't know what a scar is." He turned suddenly, limping away yet again. He knew she would follow anyway. "Grow up," the cyclops muttered.

[/html]
[html]

;D

Allegro sighed. Some people were impossible. She knew that this wolf probably acted differently around different people and she just happened to get a taste of his more... angered side. Or maybe he always was a bit angry. She chose her thoughts carefully, trying not to think anything that she would regret. Maybe Allegro just saw the flaws in people. Or maybe she wasn't the nice, friendly person she thought she was. Either way, this wolf and herself were both stubborn. They had something in common, at least.

Listening to his words, Allegro thought about what he had meant. Her 'scar' was simply a line; it meant nothing. She understood that, yes, yet she didn't want to. She didn't want to be a boring, naive innocent little wolf. Oh, that was a bit of a nightmare for the young Loas. Allegro wanted to be someone young pups should look up to, someone strong and couragous. She didn't need to be important; just strong.

Allegro knew that was impossible. Besides, what did scars have to do with making her feel this way? Scars were signs of memories that people would rather not remember. She was a weakling; something that pups would beat up and laugh at rather then want to meet. I bet a newborn pup could kill me if it wanted to, Allegro thought, raising her eyebrows momentarily. But I guess it wouldn't want to waste its energy on something so useless like me. Allegro guessed she was being hard on herself, but she didn't care. She thought it made her tough and if she couldn't be tough, she at least wanted to think she was.

Looking at the wolf's scowl, Allegro was shaken back into reality. "Save me the trouble," She began, stepping in front of him. "And why don't you tell me what a scar is? I know this... cut is nothing but a line in your eyes, but it's the only thing I can relate back to," Allegro began off with a bit of a bitchy attitude, but gradually became more serious and into what she was saying. It was true. All of it.

[/html]
[html]
Avoiding godmoding here. He won't hurt her (unless you'd like her to have another scar).

She stood before him suddenly, eyes ablaze and tongue sharp. Her voice and tone had altered and her presence had suddenly shifted from stupidly innocent to blunt and reckless, now standing before the three-legged gimp as if she was the strongest thing in the world. His eye gazed up at her apathetically while she spoke, his ears remained pricked forward, and his stature was not changed in the least. There was no fear in his aura; he felt no intimidation, no pity, no defeat. Tell me what a scar is, she demanded out of him. The scar over his eyes, just a cut? Well, he didn't argue. He didn't know how it got there, actually. He'd woken up with amnesia, a blind eye, and a pool of blood. That was how Jefferson had been born--a fully-grown adult without a background. Whatever sins he had committed before his amnesia were now summarized by his sightless eye.

He scowled up at her a long moment after she'd finished speaking, reactionless to her demands. Then, suddenly, his back talons dug into the hard, frozen ground and sprung the one-eyed creature forward and against her in a blunt, quick attempt to knock her off her feet. He was silent all the while, eye still filled with apathy though his brows furrowed. His jaws opened, revealing those gleaming white daggers that had stolen so many lives in months long past. Jefferson's unused foreleg was put to the ground and suddenly put into use, shooting the creature forward after his first heavy bump into her, intent on jumping on top of her and pinning her down to the ground where she might land.

[/html]
[html]

Do what you wish. Violence is such fun. ;D

Allegro, one second confidently standing in front of the wolf, was now flying backgrounds toward the ground. She flipped up, tumbling until she hit the ground. Two feelings, two big bursts of emotion, shot through her like a life wire, searching for a power box. These emotions ran through her body, stopping her in eyes. The first was utter fear; this was her first fight. Was it even a fight? Right now, Allegro wasn't completely sure. Right after, she felt adrenaline. She didn't feel happy or excited about the tumble, yet she felt whole and repaired. Almost like she went from depressing and glum to hyper and wired. Allegro felt good. She had never experienced this feeling.

"Before you kill me," Allegro began sarcastically, smiling slyly. "What's your name?" She said, realizing she was in an awkward position. She was lying on her back, paws hanging limply above her chest. Allegro thought she looked much like a dead bird, but let the comment fly. There was certainly more important things in life then appearance. Many important things. One being preventing yourself from getting your ass kicked by a stubborn brute. What fun.

[/html]
[html]
You told me to do what I want, so I'll godmode a little bit. I wasn't planning on hurting her. Um... but you might want to keep in mind that Jeffers is pretty scary looking pissed off.

He stood over her, claws suddenly pressed with unbearable force against her chest and collarbone. His eye flashed, his nostrils flared, his teeth clamped shut in a terrible grimace. She smiled up at him, like some sort of twisted animal at the slaughter, overlooking the blade that would be their death. Jefferson was not angry; no, he felt no anger within him, but impatience and distaste ran amok within his head. When she continued to speak, a claw was raised and immediately pressed ruthlessly against her throat in a blatant attempt to shut the braindead whelp up. She didn't know her place in the world, it seemed, and that was enough to get Jefferson a little bit angrier than usual. His name did not creep from his throat. Instead, a low growl did at first as he planted his claw against her throat just enough to allow her to choke through breaths.

"Listen to me," he snarled, voice grim and at its lowest depths. He was past the time when he might have simply shredded her to bits. The hair on the back of his neck flared and stood on end, and he lowered his parted jowls and canines to hang just inches from her face. "You are scum. I wouldn't waste my time killing you. The hell would I gain?" His hot breath blew into her face as his eye thinned slowly. "What do you think a scar is? Do you think I flaunt this eye or these things all over my body? Do you think I like them?!"

[/html]
[html]

No problem at all! As long as you don't kill her, go ahead and do whatever. Not that you would do that, Lin. <3 I would also imagine so about Jefferson. He seems like the kind of guy (wolf) I would hang out with.

She swallowed deeply, the fear and sweat in her mouth dripping with intensity. Her flesh under her coat was covered in goosebumps and she felt as if anyone touched her, Allegro would growl and practically go insane. She, obviously, wasn't good under pressure. She wanted more then anything to fight for her life, thrashing and clawing him to his death. Not that ever would happen. He looked as if he could kill any creature if he had the pleasure and paitence to do it. He was a monster, and no matter how hard Allegro tried to break her thoughts, she couldn't help but feel honour toward him. This wolf was strong and had the willpower to kill her. Allegro couldn't, mentally she absolutely couldn't, forget that.

Scum. Allegro agreed with him. She was nothing; nothing important, that is. She didn't deserve to live. She offered nothing to the world, nothing to anyone or anything. She barely had any friends, yet a handful of enemies. Looking into his eyes, Allegro could tell they probably weren't going to be spending a date laughing and talking any time soon, if at all. She deserved nothing but a big kick in the ass and a good beating to death. It wouldn't be enjoyable, but Allegro would probably be doing the whole world a big favor. She would die, the world would cheer. It seemed like a goal and fear at the same time. Allegro, like most people, was scared of death. Yet, she knew that if it came, it would be an exciting, not pleasurable, event.

Looking into his eyes, Allegro felt nothing but fear. He was no doubt scary looking and pissed off. Her two favorite combinations. Lovely. Swallowing deeply, again, and hoping to find her voice, Allegro opened her mouth. Sound wouldn't come out. She was speechless, trapped in shock. After a few moments in utter shock, Allegro found the courage to speak. "I never said you like them! I, even being the little dumbass I am, would never think that!" Allegro spoke, starting one of her famous rants. "I know what a scar is! A reminder of something you don't want to remember. It can be physical or mental. When I said I have scars, I just didn't mean the line on my neck, but my mental reminders!" She spoke, yelling but keeping her voice low enough. Lowering her voice, Allegro began again. "I don't want to upset you. I don't want to die... that much. But maybe I would be doing you a favor. I certainly would be doing me one," Allegro quieted herself.

[/html]
[html]
I wouldn't want to hang out with Jefferson. He's a moody asshole. XD

His words seemed to seep straight from his mouth and directly into her eyes. They overflowed with fear and regret almost immediately, and it took all of his inner strength to keep himself from feeling proud of such a feat. The moment he raised his claw from her throat enough to allow her some air, burnt words began to fly freely from her lips. A dumbass, she called herself, after the word scum he'd sputtered had widened her eyes and forced a flinch on her face. Allegro spoke some kind of gibberish, a denial of past words and behaviors somehow merged into one flimsy, nervous apology shouted into his face. He scowled.

"Don't treat the scarred like playthings," he replied calmly, the only answer to everything she had sputtered and screamed. It came with a final, gruff warning: "You're a child and I am your leader and elder. Get in my way again and it'll be your end."He would not kill her; no, he knew better than that. Instead, he pushed himself off of her and started up the path again as nonchalantly and calmly as before, limping as he went. "Name's Jefferson," he said in passing, hardly bothering to pass her another one-eyed glance over his shoulder. "Don't forget it."

[/html]
[html]

Gah. Sorry this was so slow. D:

Allegro scoffed quietly. Forget this wolf? She didn't think that was possible. She kept her voice down, not wanting to get into a bigger fight then was needed. She quickly sat up, scrambling to her feet. Allegro didn't like being lectured, especially by someone as... moody as Jefferson was turning out to be. But, the brute did have a point: she was just a reckless child, whereas he was an elder with an extremely high position. She shouldn't dare go against him, and being Allegro, she didn't plan on doing so.

Allegro sighed as she looked over herself. She had a few aches and perhaps a few bruises, but she was fine. She didn't want to complain, yet the slight pain clouded through her brown eyes. She lips were oddly curled up, and her facial expressions were rather strange. She looked tired and weak. Allegro, being the stubborn young wolf she was, sighed again. "Well, She began, choosing her words carefully. "It's... n-nice to meet you, Jefferson." Allegro couldn't think of anything else as she stammered away.

[/html]
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... ump/01.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

I'll finish this up!

One way or another, the girl had withdrawn away from him. The original intent had taken long enough, but it was at this point she would finally let him be to do whatever the hell he wanted. At first he didn't answer her meek, small reply to his gruff and grim words, but even Jefferson was capable of a little guilt. He was an ass, yes, but he was a guilty ass. As he limped away, he stopped briefly and spoke, but spared her no glance.

"Don't think of me as a criminal," was all he said before continuing on. Think of me as a miscreant. That was all he really was.

[/html]