persistence, resistance
[html]
http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/4243 ... optgd5.png); background-position:top; background-repeat:no-repeat;">

I'm at work and I have to whip this up quickly. Sorry. D:

Allegro ha came to Three Moons Ranch for a break. She merely wanted somewhere to relax, and rest in peace. The library was the perfect place for the young wolf to do so. She would go into the ranch house, lurking silently into the library. So, as she padded up to the entrance now, Allegro was overcome with thoughts of the place. The color was a musty red, obviously quaint, cozy and simple. She pinched her eyes so they were almost shut, and headed in. Allegro didn't have the best eyesight, but tried her best to see everything completely.

Allegro entered through the door, sneaking in the cracks. It was a simple task, yet it was very frustrating for Allegro. She was a perfectionist, and always wanted things to be perfect. With her horrible eyesight, lack of concentration, and foolishness, she rarely ever completed anything. Allegro reached the hallways, and decided to rest. She was a weak wolf, and deeply hated being so.

[/html]
Iskata had moved over to the Ranch home, Skylar had finally left her for a while to go tend to the lifestock with DaVinci. She felt smug in getting that time alone but she knew it wasn't going to last long. She was once again sitting infront of the fireplace like she did in the cottage, the view wasn't that different.. a world of pitch black darkness with the warm feeling of the heat on her flesh. She knew if she moved forward to far she would be burned, she knew if she moved too far back she'd become cold. She sat before the fire instead at the perfect distance and did nothing. She'd grown use to doing nothing when everyone else was leaving her alone or not following her about to make certain she wasn't on a crash course to injuring herself further. Today she'd decided to just leave the work to the ones who could see what they were doing as she sat in loneliness.

Yet, it seemed that wasn't going to last too long as the creak of the frontdoor opening and the soft pawpads in the hallway caught her attention. They stopped and the woman's ears strained to figure out what was happening. No one in the pack she really knew would stop at such a distance away and just remain there. She felt her heckles raise as she turned her sightless eyes toward the darkness, her voice raised sharply as she called. "Who's there?" She couldn't catch the scent of DaVinci, Jeffers or Skylar, the ash and soot made it impossible for her to even determine who or what was in the building. A shiver ran down her back as she tensed, feeling the strain against her stitches as she felt the fear beginning to build with the wait for a reply.
[html]
http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/4243 ... optgd5.png); background-position:top; background-repeat:no-repeat;">

Yuck. --

Allegro heard the voice of a wolf. She knew right away that it was probably a female, but wasn't so certain. Her ears made up for her horrible eyesight, she at least was positive of that. Allegro opened her mouth, trying to speak loud enough for the wolf in the distance to hear her, but not too loud that she would shatter her ears. "Allegro," She began, padding up closer to the wolf. She peaked her head around the corner, keeping her body tightly behind the wall. "Allegro Aston, Loas." Allegro walked up closer to the other wolf, her tail flashing lowly. She didn't feel threatened, since she could smell the scents of Phoenix Valley. Of course, being as paranoid as she was, Allegro kept her guard up, no matter who it was.

[/html]
Iskata could hear the other begin to move again as she spoke up. With ever step moved closer the Whilom of the pack paced back, she couldn't see the other and she wasn't certain where she was exactly. She understood the woman wasn't trying to hurt her but with every step she took Iskata felt like she was pressing her into a corner. Soon enough as the skittish female pressed herself back again she found she had pinned herself back against the edge of one of the human recliners. Her bad hindleg gave out from under her as she yelped in pain, her hindquarters dropping to the floor as she felt her heckles rise.

Panic in her voice she snapped. "Stay there! Don't come any closer!" The pain made her blind eyes water as she snarled. She just wanted to be left alone and yet it seemed she was the new freak in a box, everyone must come and take a peak. Her ears pinned back as she whined. "What do you want.." She really was becoming a shadow of who she once was.
[html]

Yuck. --

Allegro stepped back. She flashed her tail swiftly, becoming more loud with each pounding second. She was confused, and it obviously showed. Her head was tilted to the left, her eyes rounder and wider then usual. Why would this female wolf want her to go away? She just wanted to rest, relax and perhaps chat. Allegro was a social creature, even more so with female wolves. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to..." She said, which was actually more of a mumble. But Allegro really didn't know what she did to the wolf. She had just said hello! Allegro opened her mouth again, pausing for a moment. "I didn't mean to... scare you," Allegro said, repeating her words.

Allegro pressed her body against the wall, slinking into it. She wanted to calm this female wolf down before anything happened. She hated seeing others... in distress, pain and depression. It made her, Allegro Aston, feel weak and horrified. All of her feelings, her desires, wishes, wants, everything, were all stuck inside her. She wanted to vent to someone, but who would want to listen to a young, immature wolf? Not anyone Allegro knew.

[/html]
Iskata's ears folded back against her skull as she snapped at the answer the woman had given her. She was annoyed that she'd let the packmember scare her so but it was ease considering that she was in no state to know who or what was approaching her. Dreams of the monster returning had haunted her and she felt a looming presence over her shoulder though her blind eyes took in no sight and knew not of who or what was hounding her so. She wasn't even certain if the presence was in dream or wakig hours anymore as her world seemed to have melted together at some point. Showing her fangs she growled. "You should have said something sooner!" she moved slightly out of the corner she'd backed into as she snapped. "Can't you see I'm blind!" The words were painful to say, to admit as she took each step one by one.

Her paws inched around the other woman as she attempted to find herway back to the warmth of the fire that blazed in the hearth. She lowered her maw, testing for anything in her path as she grumbled to the other. "Why'd you come here anyways?" She wasn't angry anymore, just disgruntled. She didn't like others to see her weaknesses and now that she wore them on her face so clearly now it didn't seem to matter. Finally finding the edge of the stones before the fireplace she dropped her weight down slowly as she felt the heat once more.
[html]

This is SO late. I'm really sorry. ;_;

Allegro looked intently at the she-wolf. She was blind? She hadn't noticed. Allegro never looked at appearances, since they meant nothing. They told you nothing about the personality of the being. History, perhaps. Scars might mean a rough past. But they might mean an accident, or just a birth mark. You never could tell. Of course, it would be rather rude to just plainly ask about that but Allegro was letting her thoughts drift to far away. Allegro sighed. "Oh, I'm sorry..." She started, the words flooding out of her mouth. "I didn't really notice," Allegro said, in a monotone murmur.

Allegro didn't want to harm this wolf in any way, shape or form. She just wanted to relax, and she happened to come across someone. Sitting softly on the ground, she lowered her voice, careful and watchful. "Just exploring. I'm new to Phoenix Valley so I decided to see the pack lands. This is my second time here, so I wasn't as careful as I should be. I'm sorry." Allegro rambled on and on until she finally shut her mouth. Boy, she was a piece of work.

[/html]
Iskata flicked her ears back at the woman as she began to explain herself. She wanted to snap at the girl, how in the world could she not see what was right infront of her face but yet she didn't. She didn't even want to think about the truth of it anymore. She didn't want the constant reminded of what she was now and what she wasn't. She flicked her tail back and forth as she slowly moved from the corner and into the open space. The silver and gold woman had begun to get mixed up in just where she was since she wasn't in her own cabin so she didn't move to far before sitting back on her rump, her shattered hind leg shuffled awkwardly to the side as she shook her head.

"Second time here, in these lands or in here?" She hadn't caught the scent of the other woman in the house when she'd entered but she hadn't really been thinking about it either. She'd already lost her sense of sight, she shouldn't overlook the few she had left. Furrowing her brow she gazed down at her paws as she grumbled. "I'm Iskata Sadira.." she didn't offer her ranks, old or new. The past was behind her and now she was nothing more than something that laid about and was made comfortable by others. There was a feeling deep inside that she needed to leave her pack, to make certain that she wasn't their weakest link anymore.. but she didn't want them to worry.. yet she knew, they would worry no matter what happened.
[html]

Yuck. --

Allegro smiled. It wasn't the smirk of winning or the grin of satisfaction. It was a whole-hearted, kind smile. Or at least that's what Allegro thought it was. She awkwardly stood up to face Iskata. She tried not to make much noise, but the young Loas accidentally ran into a wall, junk and collapsing building material fell to the ground. "Oops! I'm sorry!" Allegro jumped back, patting the material down with her paws. Trying to change the subject, she inched away from the pile. "Second time here," Allegro replied smiling again.

Iskata. It was such a nice name, in Allegro's opinion. She hated her name. It sounded like an allergy, almost like she was something you should stay away from. Sighing slightly, but not making a big deal, Allegro 'Allergy' Aston looked down at the ground.

[/html]
Her ears pinned back against her skull as she heard the sounds of books crashing to the floor and the girl trying to make it look as though nothing had happened. Sadly she had no clue what else the girl had destroyed but she shook her head as the woman tried to explain everything. "Don't destroy the place please.. we've spent enough time trying to make it presentable." Her voice was dry and slightly sour as she spoke. She didn't dislike the girl but she hated to see things destroyed that once she'd worked hard to keep up and running, now that her ability to see the beauty she'd helped to preserve was gone.

Flicking her tail back and forth she asked suddenly. "Why did you come back?" She knew she probably sounded rude now but she was just so confused and these new creatures that she knew nothing of were within the pack now and within her world. There was no comforting face to see before her, no one to get to know but a voice.. and voices could drive you crazy...
[html]

Horrible post. I'm losing my muse after writing a French termpaper.

Allegro dipped her head, ashamed at herself. "I'm really sorry Iskata," she said, her voice slightly detached. "You all must have spent a very long time making things look as well as they once were," Stepping back silently Allegro thought it was time for her to leave. "If you wish, I can leave now. It wouldn't be any trouble," Allegro said, keeping her voice low and smooth. She stepped back one more step, this time not breaking or ruining anything. The exit outside was now closer then anything and Allegro would have ran out of it, leaving Iskata in peace but she didn't want to scare anyone or anything.

[/html]
Iskata knew she was just being a bitch now and she should have felt sorry for the sad sound that seemed to churn from the voice of the other. She flicked her tail back and forth as she lowered her blank gaze and bared her fangs at the ground. "No, most of the items were already here.. it was just getting the pack to want to make it presentable that was the problem." During the summer who could get anyone to do any real work, all they wanted to do was lounge about and enjoy themselves. Iskata had different ideas than her pack had and she'd pressed them into working when it was needed. She assumed it had paid off, though she couldn't see that now.

Iskata sighed and shifted to where she was closer to the fire before glancing towards where the woman stood before she shook her head. "You can stay.." she said with a grumble before flexing her nails and asking. "What brough you here, to Phoenix Valley.." She could be nice, when she wanted to.
[html]

--

Allegro smiled oddly, the sides of her mouth curling up into a grin. She knew that Iskata was completely nice and friendly, even if the first appearance wouldn't be so sure of it. Flicking her tail, which was really much more of a wag, Allegro stepped forward away from the exit. Technically, she was glad to stay and engage longer with Iskata. She smiled again; the odd sort of grin that Allegro was accustomed to.

What had brought her to Phoenix Valley? Allegro had not known anyone in the pack at all, so she certainly couldn't have been wanting to meet anyone here. The sights were, of course, interesting and lovely like any place but that wasn't what had drawn her here. Allegro just... had came. And now, standing near the woman, Allegro was glad she had traveled here and became a member of Phoenix Valley. "Well," Allegro began, stepping forward. "I really don't know," What she had said was true. How could she explain it?

[/html]
When the girl spoke up Iskata's ears flicked forward to catch her words. She was in a strange mood but then again the lady had been in a mood since the accident had come about. Iskata didn't know why she'd overreacted so much but she had and there was nothing more that she could do about it. Flicking her tail softly beside her she played with a scrap of cloth between her paws as the lady's odd answer hit her ears.

Tilting her head to the side Iskata frowned, "You don't know? There had to be some reason.." she pressed the lady on, there was always a reason for everything, though sometimes like in her case she didn't want to think what the reasoning for her run in with Ahren and the bear had been for.
[html]

--

"There had to be some reason..." Iskata had said to Allegro. Yes, she probably was right, yet Allegro didn't know it yet. She pressed through her brain, searching for the reason that had brought her to Phoenix Valley. She knew there hadn't been much members lately, but that was after she joined. No, Allegro was a bit confused. Blinking almost as if she was dumbfounded, Allegro decided to give up. She just... joined. There was no reason; it just happened.

But Allegro couldn't believe her own thoughts! There was a reason for everything: a reason why the grass grew, why snow fell from the sky and why Allegro joined Phoenix Valley. She, even if it took minutes, would figure that out. "Yes, I really don't," Allegro began, choosing her words rather carefully. It came out slow and hard. She couldn't think of anything to say. "I just... liked the location, the people and the sights. Everything here seems like a perfect pack," Allegro had replied, rather happy with her answer. She was honest; Phoenix Valley was a rather perfect pack.

[/html]
Iskata could help but laugh, it was slightly bitter but she did it. The woman before her said there was no real reason why she'd joined the pack and yet she'd given Iskata one after all. Shaking her head slightly the woman grinned and commented. "Now that wasn't so bad was it.." She rubbed her paw against the side of her head as she quietly stared off at nothing before she sighed softly.

Looking back to where the other stood, yet not seeing the woman she stated. "I'm glad you believe the same. This pack was formed on the beliefs that we were to be like a family, even if we weren't of blood. We missed the way our world use to be so long ago." she smiled to herself as she asked. "Did you know I was once the Matriarch.." Iskata hadn't spoken to any of the new packmembers of her old pack status, she wasn't even for certain why she did it now.
[html]

Seeing Iskata laugh so lightly, Allegro joined in as while. It was more a smile then anything, but the hint of a laugh was in there. Admitting she was, at time, rather foolish and naive, Allegro smiled slightly. The corners of her mouth curled up at the corners, yet it looked almost strained. She hadn't smiled in a while and it felt good, even if it was a little out of place. "I guess not," Allegro replied, looking for something to fiddle with and keep the attention off of her silly personality.

Allegro listened to Iskata attentively. She knew it, of course, that this pack tried to be peaceful whenever possible, but violence was sometimes necessary. Those times, Allegro always took pleasure. It sounded rather grim, but she couldn't help but deny it. "Oh, Matriarch? I sensed a high rank in you, Iskata. The leadership and... bravery," Allegro commented, pausing at the end of her words.

[/html]
Iskata shook her head at the silliness of the female but just smiled. The words that she spoke of the silver and gold woman's history just made her shake her head as she scuffed. "Bravery, no. And my rank's not as impressive as you would think. I was one of the pack's founders.." The Sadira woman really wasn't all that her past was cracked up to be, she might have been a good leader but she was a sour old puss now and just seemed to make everyone else's world a little bit more stressful. While if she was back to her old self the pack might come back to her to share their thoughts and care for her opinions but she hadn't walked that road yet.

She rubbed at the itching scars on her face as she asked, "Have you been out in the fields yet.." she wondered if this new packmember had given the bull anything fun to do, like chase her out of the padlock and away from his herd, or perhaps she'd come across the stallion in his own pen. One would think the old Matriarch was crazy for keeping such strange prey, the type that would and could fight back, but she saw wisdom in it and the pack would too one day... she hoped. If they didn't then atleast she had tried something new.