and in your head there are no sunsets left
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/ ... blebg3.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom">
SWAYING TO THE RHYTHM
OF THE NEW WORLD ORDER

cake"I don't think any life is complete without a deathwish," Bane told the blind lady, smiling as he did so. It was natural to want to die; they had been given curious minds by their maker, minds that would always want to know what was beyond the next bend. Death was included in this; it was life's greatest mystery, and though it was feared, it was also dissected, romanticized and regarded with no small amount of wonder. "In the end, all of us will follow our path and find our destiny. If you're alive, Miss Sadira, it was meant to be. You, like all of us, have a purpose." Bane believed in Fate and he believed in luck. Everything was predetermined -- they were simply puppets. Therefore, thinking of the what ifs were a waste of time. Ifs did not exist.

cake"Of course we do," Bane replied easily. His voice was steady and calm in the darkness, revealing no weakness or doubt. He wasn't the type to second-guess himself. "People are looking for perfection, for some idealised thing that will make them whole. What they don't seem to realise is that the importance lies in the journey and not the destination. You learn more as you walk," he added idly, "than you do when you stop." His use of the word 'they' insinuated he didn't include himself among this number, and he didn't: Bane knew what he believed, and believed what he knew, and it was enough.

[/html]
Iskata must smiled at the words of the young male, she was reminded of another time in history when another Kile and the woman had spoken. One needing guidance and one giving. Oddly enough it seemed the roles had been reversed though the elder Sadira didn't seem to mind one bit. The boy had a quick wit and sharp mind, Phasma would have been proud of the boy if she'd lived to know him. She couldn't help but chuckle as she sighed wistfully on the past. "You know, once your mother and I had conversations like this.. strangely enough I think the roles have been reversed here. She had been the one seeking answers.. now it seems I'm the student, and though the Kile is the next generation.. I know now she's proud of you, wherever she may be." It was funny but it was a great new change in the world.

She listened to his words as they seemed to sink further into her soul, words she needed to hear but refused to listen to those closest to her. Sometimes a perfect stranger was the perfect person to deliver the words that a friend should be saying. Friends were easier to ignore, a stranger was not, even if it irked you it stuck in your side like a thorn, the fact that someone who hardly knew you at all would and could say what was needed. She turned her eyes to the male as she nodded and was quiet a moment before finally grudgedly sighing. "Thank you Bane." He might have no real clue why she was thanking him but in the end it wouldn't really matter, she knew and that was all that matter.
[html]

cakePeople spoke of Bane's mother to him as if he would be affected by it. He understood why, from a scientist's point of view; most peoples' mothers held great sway over them, most put their parents on a pedestal, even if they didn't realise it. These were the people who birthed you, nursed you and taught you everything you knew. Even for those who, like Bane, had been separated from a parent at a young age, still considered them of great importance in their lives. Bane was a man who stood aside from most others; he lacked what the general population held dear, and replaced his dispassion with faith and a thirst for knowledge. These were things that would have been a waste of time to discuss with the blind lady, an old friend of his parents'. Perhaps it would be better to have people like her believe that it meant something to him. He knew he was different; his own affirmation was all he needed.

cake"Perhaps she is." He said this quietly, for a moment allowing himself to ponder her words. From what he knew of his mother, from what he had heard from the few he had spoken to who knew her, Iskata Sadira was likely wrong.

cakeShe thanked him and he tilted his head slightly, waiting for an explanation. Nothing came, so he spoke. "No need." And there wasn't: Bane believed what believed, and spoke of it because he believed, not because he was trying to convert others. It wasn't just belief, it was something set so strongly in concrete in his mind that whoever disagreed simply was denying their destiny, a futile effort. This was fine with him. His path was what mattered, not theirs. They had stopped now, and it was pitch black out. His eyes glowed in the darkness as he looked down at her, the smell of Phoenix Valley thick in the air. "It's dark, Miss Sadira. Shall I leave you to get some sleep? I assume you can get back on your own?"

[/html]