god is my might
[html]

Romeo, take me somewhere we can be alone;
I'll be waiting.

This was too much. She didn’t think it was possible, even when she started to feel the signs. With no real plan of what was to happen next, she decided to keep it from DaVinci. At least, for now. She had a feeling he would understand. He had to, didn’t he? Besides, he had children of his own. She didn’t mean for this to happen. In fact, she wasn’t aware that it was possible. But it had, and she needed to deal with it. In a matter of weeks her life was going to significantly change.

She raked her claws into the ground, pulling at the frozen dirt in pessimism. She knew the cave wouldn’t suffice for both her and her child, and a proper den would offer better heat and protection. Trouble was, Ryan didn’t have any experience in digging one. Of course she had instinct to work off of, but the ground seemed so cold that it didn’t easily want to break away from the earth. Atleast by choosing and area close to a brook, the soil seemed a bit more pliable.

[/html]
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... able-1.png);background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;">
HI

She had really gotten warmer ever since that rain a few days before, but she'd been trying to. Siobhan didn't know anything about fire, much less how to start one, and she'd spent the night in various places throughout the lands...so she hadn't seen Ezekiel like she usually did. Her coat was frozen shut, the zipper covered in ice, as she'd found the night before when she had tried to take it off.

The thin youth shivered as she walked, heading back toward the den that she shared with Ezekiel and Gabriel. There were furs in there, if she remembered right, and maybe if she wrapped herself up in them she would be able to warm up her coat enough for the ice to melt. Then she could get it off and let it dry. She wasn't sure why she had wandered so far away from the cave in this kind of weather; she should have known better. But everything had been very different where she'd come from--the signs that snow was coming, the weather patterns...rain...it was baffling. She didn't know what to expect any more.

She was almost past the cave when she heard it, scratchy sort of sounds coming from inside, and she turned back to see what it was. Maybe it was one of those badger things that she'd been told about. Did they live in this area?

[/html]
[html]

I'll be waiting.

She decided to take a break, leaning against the earth and wiping her hands along her thighs. There was a definite baby bump now, and it scared her. She knew what it was a result of, but this just couldn’t be happening. Not yet at least. Somehow along these past few months, Ryan had lost track of time. She had passed the 15 month mark without even realizing. Now she had thrown herself into a real mess.

She began to doubt herself. The den was right at the mouth of the cave, where the soil was softer. She was starting to think that after she started going on this, she would hit rock before she had a chance to dig out enough room for her and her child. She sighed, shaking her head. "Dammit." All she wanted was her mother here. She had no experience and no help. She had no clue what to expect.

[/html]
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... able-1.png);background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;">

She watched the antics of the other coyote curiously, trying to figure out what she was doing. Digging? Siobhan loved to dig! In the deep cold of the North, the ground had been very hard...but they had used different tools to do it. Her mother had been able to shift, so she had done most of the work...but Siobhan had helped as much as she could. Mother demanded that.

"Siobhan...she can help dig?" She really did want to dig. It had been a while since she'd been able to do anything fun, and digging was great fun to her. It reminded her of home, of being back in her own den. It had taken them a long time to get a new den when their old one had collapsed in on itself when the big grass-eaters had run over it, but it had been worth it. Their new one had been even better.
[/html]
[html]

I'll be waiting.

Crumpled against the ground in defeat, Ryan was curious to hear a small voice pipe up. Strangely, she hadn’t really noticed that anyone else was around. Maybe it was because the ground was lightly coated in powdery snow so the youth sort of faded into the scenery, or perhaps Ryan was too distraught about everything that her mind didn’t have time to take notice. Either way, it was a welcomed face, unfamiliar as it was. Anything to keep her distracted for a moment of the task ahead.

"Siobhan," Ryan breathed, testing the name out on her own lips. She glanced down towards the start she had created into her new den. "Well sure, hun." A smile grew as she looked up to the young girl. She was rather small it seemed, and a surprisingly bright white color. She looked like the wolf whom she had met on the night where everything had changed. Her mind was too clouded from the alcohol to remember his name now, even though Hybrid had called it out incessantly. "It would be a big help," she added, realizing now just how exhausted she was even though there wasn’t much progress that had been made.

[/html]
[html]

"Siobhan is a digging machine!" She said, coming into the hole and looking inside of it. Ryan would need a lot of help to make it big enough for her! The girl knew nothing about babies, or about being pregnant. Her mother had never told her where she'd come from or what had to be done for a wolf to have babies. Nothing like that. She had rarely said a word to Siobhan unless it was to tell her to go and do something.

"How big?" She asked, referring to the den. She started to dig, her strong claws making deep furrows in the start of the den. "Siobhan dug a lot at home--her mother made her dig. She is strong...with digging skill. But not with hunting, hehe!"
[/html]
[html]

I'll be waiting.

She couldn’t help but smile. This child was a blessing. She watched eagerly for a moment, so caught up that she stumbled to answer Siobhan’s question. "Umm, ahh, well… it needs to be big enough for me and my children," she said, just as unsure as she probably came off. She had no idea how many children to expect or when to expect them, but something in her body gave her the feeling that it wouldn’t be much longer.

She watched as the girl worked, envying her talent. Digging a den was the furthest thing from Ryan’s mind until she had discovered the consequences of that night. What she really needed was her mother, or someone with experience, to talk to. Recently she kept finding herself falling into bouts of uncertainty and anxiety. She just didn’t want to screw this up. "Thank you, thank you, Siobhan! This is such a big help to me. I’ve been getting tired a lot quicker with this big belly," she patted her abdomen.

[/html]
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... p/06v2.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

This coyote was so friendly! Siobhan could already tell that she was going to be a great mama. If her mama had been that way to her, she would have been so happy! But now she was beginning to realize one thing--if her mom hadn't been mean to her and kicked her out, then she never would have met Ezekiel. So it was all worth it!

"You is had babies before? Or this is your first babies?" She asked curiously. She had quite a bit of dirt on her, and she tried to shake it off a little bit.

[/html]
[html]

I'll be waiting.

Siobhan was so adorable. Even though she was terrified of the thought of children (at least, having to take care of them on her own) she thought that this little girl was the cutest thing in the world. Not to mention, so very helpful! She didn’t know a thing about Siobhan, but was enjoying her company. "Oh, no, I’ve never had any children before this." She had always been too young, which was one of the reasons this had snuck up on her. She had slipped into maturity without even realizing it. If only these puppies belonged to someone else…. DaVinci, instead of Hybrid.

"Do you have any siblings, Siobhan?" Ryan asked, giggling quietly at the dirt that had come to dust Siobhan’s white fur. Ryan was almost certain she had been the only child to her mother, and so she wasn’t sure how many puppies were typical. She hadn’t seen any other children Siobhan’s age in Inferni. Maybe only one child was to be expected? Ryan wasn’t sure if she would be able to handle much more.

[/html]
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... p/06v2.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

She didn't know if she had any siblings. She couldn't remember. Her mother had spoken about other daughters and another son, but she had never met them. Maybe they were from another litter...or maybe her father had taken them away when he'd left. "Maybe. There is some that she has never meeted that her mother talked about. A girl and a boy." She hadn't thought about them for a long time. It had always just been her and her mother.

She shook her fur out some more, trying to get all the dirt off. A good thing about being white was that she could blend in with the snow...but it wouldn't be much help in the summertime. And things like dirt showed up really well on it. "Do you have siblings?"

[/html]
I'm not sure if you had any ideas of what else they could do? If not, I figured we could probably close this soon. Maybe Siobhan decides to run off somewhere? Or Ryan could decide she needs some sleep? :][html]

I'll be waiting.

"Oh, I see," Ryan responded, nodding her head gently. She wondered if the girl was getting along alright without very many people in Inferni to play with. At least, Ryan hadn’t seen anyone near Siobhan’s age (though maybe that was partially due to her self-induced seclusion). "I don’t have any siblings. At least, none that I know about. It was always just me and my mother when I was growing up. Until my mom passed away, and then I came here to Inferni. My dad lived here. His name is Anselm. Though, he’s gone away now. But I do hope he’ll be back soon." She patted her tummy again. "I want him to meet his grandchildren," she said with a soft smile.

[/html]
[html]
that works fine for me!

Siobhan was very happy that she had been able to help. She liked helping others out if she could, especially the ones that lived here with Ezekiel. She wanted to fit in here, in these strange lands. "That is good, that he would meet them. I has never met my Grandpa...but living here is nice. I tries not to think about the family at home, and more about the new family here." Everyone here made me very happy. They were really nice!

"But I can come back another day to help you dig some more? Zeke is waiting on me to come home, and I doesn't like making him wait on me" She wanted to help Ryan some more, but she had said that she wouldn't be out for too long.

[/html]
Fin![html]
They don't tell you what to say
when your whole life has gone to hell.

"Of course!" Ryan exclaimed, nodding her head. "You’ve been such a great help to me today, Siobhan. Don’t let me hold you here." She moved then, feeling the added weight of her children as she crouched closer to the started den. In fact, Siobhan had done a lot of work in such a small amount of time. She really was a good digger. "Tell Zeke I said hi," she added, even though she wasn't sure who Siobhan had meant, smiling and tossing a wave at the younger girl.

[/html]