light your match and smoke it up
Name: Cross
Birthdate: Jan. 23, 2006
Luperci: Yes, Verto.
Species: Coyote
How did you learn/hear about 'Souls?: I be a returnee :o

[html]
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj31 ... /antit.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

He sat, in coyote form, before a long line of tall sticks — each adorning the skull of a wolf. “How unfortunate,” he thought sarcastically, fluffy tail flicking in an irritated manner without thought. Resentment for the wolf species boiled in the blood of his veins, and a cruel sneer appeared against the upturning of his lip, revealing a long, glistening canine. Wolves were deceitful liars, and though his real mother had proved just as immoral as the wolves by abandoning him, the coyote could not hold a grudge against the woman he’d barely known. Ever since she had betrayed him, a relationship with wolves had never been kindled before.

Everywhere around this singular place reeked of wolves; then there the area bordered by the skulls of his heart’s discontent, and the powerful scent of his own species overwhelmed him. It was strange, seeing something then smelling another thing entirely different — but it all summed up to one thing for Cross: wolf-hating coyotes, just like him.

Patience had never been one of Cross’ strong points, but he remained seated without complaint (not that there was anyone to complain to), and his maroon eyes stared monotonously into the snowy lands before him. The wind was fierce, and biting cold, despite the time of afternoon that would have been warm in any other season of the year. It ruffled the bandanna draped around his neck, and made his toes curl with the chill. Winter was clearly unforgiving, even to the skinny male that sat at Inferni’s borders.

akumu
[/html]
Welcome back. Smile
[html]
Marlowe had tipped her off that someone was waiting at the borders long before she would have ever noticed. But when the crow wouldn't leave her alone and through the garbled mix of low speech that she was beginning to understand, she realised what was going on. Some how “like you” and “borders” and a string of angry, pissy cawing meant something was there. Or so she had deduced when he had angrily pulled at the tender fur on the inside of her ear. So from the shoreline of the territory, Corona had ventured inward and out in the direction the bird went, and before too long gained both sight and smell of the skinny-looking thing that was sitting at their borders.

He didn't seem too old, but that didn't mean anything. His gaunt features were what made him seem younger, as well as the fact that he was sitting unshifted and silent at their metaphoric front door. Still, as she approached and put her curious expression away on her face for one more stoic, Corona debated whether getting to the point or opening up with something witty. “Admiring the decorations?” she inquired, ending up going with neither. Why on earth a coyote would sit on an icy, snowy ground in the middle of winter and be silent was beyond her. But she didn't judge him that fast as the trained doctor-esque side rose; maybe he was mute.
[/html]
(: 'Souls continues to attract me back.

[html]
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj31 ... /antit.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Maroon eyes drifted slowly towards the golden-furred Luperci moving in his direction, interest shifting from the craftsmanship before him, to the elegant beauty drawing nearer. She paused, with his gaze still intently upon her — as if he knew no restraint from staring — and drew him in further with the sound of her voice. She vaguely resembled a wolf, but this didn’t bother the male coyote as much as he had anticipated. He watched her for a moment longer, entranced, before speaking in a smooth baritone. “Decorations, hm?”

Cross looked back to the pack-border “décor” and flicked his tail idly. “What is this place, blue-eyes, that warns the wolves in such a manner?” His eyes returned to the blond female, appearing a tad curious, but not much else.

akumu
[/html]
[html]
When he acknowledged her, she took notice of his red eyes and almost frowned. It bothered her on a superficial level to see such an uncommon colour turn up, especially when she associated with it certain people. But she had see it many times and often wondered what it was that had made them come out so boldly. Maybe it was a marker of something, but whatever it was, she hadn't the faintest idea. That aside, this stranger had a deep, rich voice that was not taint from years of smoking or strain. Nothing said he was sick, at least from the once-over she gave him as he spoke.

“Depends on who wants to know,” she said, leaning against one of the tall posts and folding her arms. “But first I'd rather know what bought you here of all places. I don't know too many who would sit patiently in the cold just to look at this.” What's your name and why are you here, that was probably the most boring way to get to know someone and to decide whether or not they were just being nosy or if they were looking for refuge. But she couldn't really think of too many other reasons he was sitting there, unless he was just a few cards short of a full deck. Always a possibility.
[/html]
[html]

He watched her, probably with more care than he should have, but it was in the male’s nature to keep a close eye on those around him. Maroon-tinctured gaze followed her slender body as she posed against the staff of one of the many aligned skulls, and snaked her arms around one another. His gaze was not lecherous, but studying, as if he wasn’t in the company of others very often and social etiquette was not his strongest school-subject. Her query drew him from his bodily stare, and he moved back to her eyes.

“Everywhere else reeks strongly of wolves,” he answered, a hint of disgust lacing his tone and becoming evident with the slow manner in which his lips curled. “The cold doesn’t bother me much, and these… skulls, struck my fancy. I also don’t suppose you would’ve appreciated me just waltzing in, now would you?” He blinked up at her, tilting his head vaguely and flicking his reddish ears lazily against a chilling breeze buffeting him. After a moment, he quietly added; “my name is Cross.”

akumu
[/html]
I apologise for the crummy quality of these posts, we had a massive fire in town tonight and I'm kind of "blah"-feeling about about half a historic block burning down and some businesses getting burnt up. ._.;
[html]
“I'd only add you to the row that's up there, if you had,” she said tersely, but not without a slice of humour in her tone. The day Inferni started mounting coyote skulls on pikes would mean it was a very different place indeed. Maybe it would be one without respect for the dead. “I presume you're here because you want something, yes?” Seeing how he didn't care for wolves, it was certain that if it he were looking for a home somewhere that involved living and interacting with others, it would be there.
[/html]
x_x; That really sucks... I will be praying for your town's future safety and restoration <3

[html]

“That’d be fun,” he mused darkly, imagining the simply thrilling fight that would have to ensue for her to detach his head from his body; not that it couldn’t turn to some sort of twisted game rather than an actual death sequence. This was one challenge that he figured that he would seek miss “blue-eyes” for one day. As for what he was here for… “I need someplace to stay that isn’t overrun with wolves… would this be such a place?” This may have been answered earlier, had he not been so enthralled with the hanging skulls, but formality was effectively escaping the coyote male.

akumu
[/html]
I wished they could have saved this building to restore it... but no. The ones on either side of it are pretty battered too, blah. They fought it for about twelve hours, too.
[html]
She could live for the most part without formality. He wasn't the first to lack it and certainly would never be the last one. At least he wasn't as bad as some of the creatures she had seen in her life so far. “We might have a place. What makes you deserving of it, though? What can you do for us?” But she would have rather had someone a little more aware of the way things worked, someone who was skilled and was something more than someone who just liked to stare at things and curse and spit on the wolves.
[/html]
D; Wow... that's super depressing. Perhaps bigger and better things will come up as replacement?

[html]

He blinked slowly at the female. “I am able-bodied… no hinges or twitches. I’m a fair craftsman as well, when shifted, as I have an immaculate attention to detail.” He shrugged, not sure if she had use for his exact expertise, but either way, it didn’t change the fact that he needed a place to crash for a while. Cross supposed another few nights curled in a hollow reeking of wolves wouldn’t hurt him too bad.

akumu
[/html]
Maybe, but I doubt it. This place has been an economically depressed area for a long time.
[html]
The fact that he was a craftsman was interesting enough, but it also covered a broad spectrum of things. A lot of things were crafted and deserved extreme attentiveness to detail. Made sense. “A craftsman… what's your trade?” she asked, hoping it was something that they could certainly use. It wasn't every day that they were supposed to come across someone with a handicraft.
[/html]
[html]

“I tend to make weaponry and jewelry the most in my spare time, but I’ve done my fair share of fixer-uppers on houses and furniture.” It was odd jobs, he supposed, but whatever it took for him to survive; get something to eat, a place to sleep, etc. Such had been Cross’s life for the past two years.

akumu
[/html]
[html]
Weaponry was what would have sold any other in her position, so she took it as it were. Even if most of them fought with tooth and claw, it would not surprise her if the next assault on their home wasn't with weapons of some sort. They were laying around in the city, laying around in the small towns that the wolves had seized up in their territory. Only a matter of time, she believed. “Sounds good. I guess you can stay. There's a few others who live here. A fair lot of us are hybrids though, so don't panic if you see someone who looks out of the ordinary,” she said, doubting he'd care given that she was visibly one of what she spoke of.

“North of here, through the forest and past a ravine, are some caves that you can use for a home. We've got a coast to our west and you can get a good view of things in the north east part of the territory because the elevation is higher and mostly treeless as you get into the upper half of the foothills.” She didn't waste time explaining things, figuring the faster he was acquainted to the territory, the better. Maybe he'd stick around, unlike the ones who came and went from their home on a regular and reoccurring basis. “There's a mansion in the east part of the territory, which is where I stay along with a couple of others. You're welcome to a room there if sleeping outside isn't your thing.”

And then last but not least, “I'm Corona, by the way.”
[/html]
You can make a last post, or archive it now (:

[html]

He tipped his ears as she spoke, maroon eyes glancing noncommittally in the directions she mentioned and pictured the landforms she described. He supposed with the generalizations received, he’d be able to make it around without getting too lost. “Thanks,” he growled softly, finally getting to his paws and stretching his long limbs. He strode to the newly-introduced Corona’s side, and tilted his head up at her. “You headed back to this mansion? I’d like to join you if you are.”

akumu
[/html]
[html]
“Sure,” she nodded, figuring at the very least he could follow her back there and get lost in the maze of that place. So once they were gathered up and ready to go, she simply let the way and for the most part, in silence.
[/html]