night unfurled
[html]
Morning had come swiftly and slowly, twilight seeping across the landscape and smearing a eerily warm panorama for such a chilly day. But it wasn't chilly enough of a day that he had helped himself to a small bundle of wood and had started a small fire in the pack's fire pit. He wasn't much of a music man, so he wasn't out there doing anything all that productive other than watching the fire eat away at the dry wood and warm up the air around him. Watching the sunrise come up had become a bit of an absent minded event to do. Perhaps it had been all of those times where he had caught his parents doing the very thing that he had developed a certain fondness for the always changing sky and the burning ball of gas that gave them life. He had learned a lot about the world since they had left, and now that he was back here it was beginning to feel a little more homey, even if he was out of place against those he didn't know. There were still quite a few around that he did remember.
[/html]
Morning. Deuce still smarted from the words she and lucifer had spoken days..or had it been weeks before? She'd lost track of time, staying in her den, drawing different scenes, all of them focused on one thing. that knife. the knife that was slowly driving her insane. The knife she'd killed Erik with. She'd left her bag of herbs behind, but hadn't shifted. She knew what that woudl do to the lives she was sure were beginning to form within. And then a scent came wafting to her, reminding her of Syemv, back when Akumu-

Akumu? No the scent wasn't right...but then again....

Deuce moved quickly, her heart racing. And then a form came into sight. But it wasn't akumu, or her mate. Deuce's brow furrowed, and then it clicked. Valentine. he'd grown up so much! the boy was Dierdre's age, a little younger, maybe, but it was still the child she'd seen grow up until his parents had left. Her tail wagged in a friendly mann, but she moved a little more cautiosly. Valentine?
[html]
http://twilight.silens.net/rp/val/t04.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

It was a quiet morning for the most part, the sounds around him muffled well by the snow and the way that the wood popped as the fire consumed it readily. Though his dark fur was dashed with just a dusting of snow here and there and his mind was wandering through the scenery, his ears twitched knowingly at the approach of someone out of the corner of his eye. Had the figure been shifted, he would have easily rose to greet them, but they were not and he kept his seat. By the time he had spared a glance at a pair of bi-coloured eyes, they seemingly recognised each other. But she was much more cautious than he was, despite the lazy smile that sprawled across his face.

“Deuce?” he offered back, wondering if he had remembered her name. It had been her mismatched eyes that he remembered the most about her, though like the others in Syemv, he had never spent too much time around them. No, his time lied deep in adventures… and being corralled by whomever happened upon him. More than once he had been thankful it was not the angry, silvery figure of his mother at his heels. “It's been a long time, I believe,” he picked up after a moment, daring not to recount that it had been well over a year. It wouldn't be too long before he could celebrate his second birthday, because spring would be soon to follow the winter.

[/html]
She gave a crooked smile, relaxing instantly. I always wondered if I'd ever see any of you again. Are your mother and father here too? i've missed all of you. it's hard to believe you're almost all grown up. Dierdre's mated now, she lives in Storm. I've got a mate, too, his name is Lucifer. I think you might remember him? i'm not sure. Syemv seems like it was so long ago.

the sun had risen, the skies painted in warm hues of amber and fuscia, colors reserved for an artists pallette. It made the pale mother feel relaxed. She wondered if Valentine remembered she'd been exiled from Syemv so long ago, before they'd left.
[html]
http://twilight.silens.net/rp/val/t04.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

There had never been any wonder in his mind if he would see anyone from Syemv ever again—he simply knew that he would go back to see them all one day and assimilate back into the happy life he once had there. Things had started off with a bang after being a little sour, but he was warming up to the absolute sweetness within the close-knit ties between those that he had never met before. It was like Syemv, only not. Their house was a chain of caverns that were always changing, ever expanding into what would be deemed perfection of the times. But there it was again, the question of whether or not his parents were there as well. He was half proud and half annoyed that the question kept coming up; they were respected and clearly well-known, so it was difficult for him to stick with annoyance for more than a second. If the tables were turned, he was sure it would be himself asking the very same questions.

“No, they aren't with me. It was my choice to come back here on my own, though they didn't really want me to. They're well though,” he said, trying to sate any other question that was bound to pop up after declining their existence back within the boundaries of Bleeding Souls. Dierdre he did remember, albeit vaguely, and only gave Deuce a humoured smile, at least until Lucifer's name came up. The name felt like it should have rang distant bells, but it didn't. “And, I can't say that I remember anyone named Lucifer, and from what I can tell it's has been a long time since we were all in Syemv. At least for me it's seemed like a long time.” He certainly wasn't the little ruler of the roost any more, that was for sure. “How have you been?”

[/html]
((bah. Shoot me. It's been hell on wheels lately. >.< And sorry for the shortness.))

She gave him a soft little smile. He certainly had grown up, quite a lot. in one way she was glad Akumu hadn't come with. the silver former leader probably hadn't forgiven Deuce for the journal's entries. Symev was a long time ago. Well over a year. You were just a pup when you left. It was right after I had to leave.

She doubted the boy remembered that at all. It had been so long ago, and she was doing better.
[html]
He nodded with her words, though was a little put off by the seemingly distant manner that she had. It was somewhat forlorn in his opinion, as though things had been a lot better then. Maybe they had been; he didn't know. So instead, Valentine decided not to prompt her again for just how she was, and opted to change the subject. “Is it usually this snowy around here? I mean, I've seen a lot of snow before, but never quite this much.” From maps that his father had outlined for him, Valentine knew that Bleeding Souls was a lot further north than where they had gone. It was cold too, no denying that.
[/html]
His question about the snow pulled her out of her musings, and she returned her attention to him. She'd spent her first winter holed up and pregnant, and her second in a differwent locale. But this winter-

Yes, usually. It's actually fairly mild for a winter, as far as our typical winters go. But i've heard tales of it being far worse too. She laughed. I had a snow fight one year with a friend of mine. It was so much fun...we kept laughing like pups.

Speaking of snow, the snow had begun to drift down again, thick and heavy, as it had been the day Dierdre had been born. She smiled then, an almost cheerful smile, turning her bi-colored eyes to the male. It's a good day for a snow fight.
[html]
They were having a mild winter? His eyes couldn't help but look at the heaps of snow and think, that was mild? Perhaps it was better they weren't having a horrible winter, because then it was more likely they could be smothered far too easily by all of the snow. Yet it had done a considerable amount of snowing before and after he had gotten there. But even he had heard tales that were far worse than blizzards. There were many other weather elements that impacted the earth so much worse, he knew. “A snow fight, huh. I built an igloo last year that didn't stay up very long. It was pretty poorly constructed… the next snowfall made it cave in.” He was neither a sailor nor a carpenter, though he had read books about both. Offering back her smile, he couldn't help but inquire, “but who won your snow fight?”
[/html]