coat-hanger halos
[html]

OOC: Holy hell, delay fail!

It set Lubomir somewhat on edge to have the words spoken aloud to him. His family had been the sole reason for his existence, the only safety net he had had. And yet... and yet he seemed to be doing fine without them. He was by now means happy, of course not, but he had become a better person following their deaths. He'd had to face his own mortality and win over it, which he had managed. Survival of the fittest and for one who had been the runt of the litter he dared say that he had done very well by himself. Very well indeed. Still the words hit a bit close to home, because he did not know how he had managed to do it. It does not, however, bring any of them back. That is the toughest thing I have had to deal with. Not that they died, because eventually, we will all die. What I cannot understand is why her and not me. She was by far the strongest of the two of us, my sister, and she should not have perished that way.

Lubomir's ears twitched as Bane explained more about this deity he seemed to believe in. If there was something the Dahlian wolf could readily appreciate it was the fact that Bane was not a zealot. He did not insist that his was the only way forward and indeed listened to what must sound like blasphemy. It made for great conversation, something Lubomir had not had in a long time. I believe they exist in the hearts and memories of those who outlive them. That those who survive have a duty to pass on the knowledge of the elders. As for the dead themselves, their bodies rot away to nothing. I do not know if I can truly believe in a soul. It seems almost too good to be true, that we reborn in another body or that we exist after death on some higher plane. The grey male shook his head. I suppose you could say I am not entirely sure what to believe in any more.

[/html]