it's all in how you mix the two; j
Set December 7th.[html]

we prey as wolves among the sheep
and slit the necks of soldiers while they sleep

He opened the door slowly, looking in as if half expecting to see someone occupying his and his brother’s old bedroom. But much to his relief, the small area was still empty. Well, not entirely. The old mattress remained, along with some of Sirius’ abandoned toys. It was eerie (almost like a ghost town); holding memories that somehow seemed long gone.

He sat down on the mattress, reveling in just how small it seemed to be now. He picked up one of the toys from the floor, twirling it in his fingers. Even though they didn’t have a powerful connection, he missed his brother at this moment. He had been a pain in the neck and had created a sense of rivalry within Apollo, but he was still blood (in one way). Despite their differences, they had a bond that could never be broken.

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... banner.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Yay! And OMG 2 Apollo/Savina thread at the same time, wut.

It felt good, having Apollo around the lands again. Like their pack family was somehow complete again. She had always had a special place in her heart for the younger wolf. Ever since that first game of hide n' seek she had played with the two brothers she had. It really wasn't until he had returned had she realized how much she had missed having him around. It made her a little sad to think of how much growing up she had missed watching him do, but it was only a little itch in the back of her mind.

As she strolled down the hall she noticed that the door to his old room was ajar. Emerald eyes peered inside to see him sitting on the small mattress, playing with one of the old toys. A small warm smile lit up her face as she leaned against the doorway. "Finding lost memories?"

[/html]
Y halo thar. That's a purdy table.[html]

"Something like that," he said, twirling the toy in his fingers without looking up. He knew that voice by now. In fact, he would recognize it whether in English or Italian. Dropping the toy gently to the floor, he looked up towards Savina. She stood in the doorway, as dark as he was light. Somehow her emerald eyes seemed to shine as if she were truly happy. Maybe it was Kansas that did that for her. That thought, though somehow sad, made him happy. It was good to see her looking so content.

"I was just thinking," he started, looking towards the dirty window that let in some light from the white world just beyond the walls of the mansion. "Well, that maybe I would stay here for awhile." He didn’t have anywhere else to go, really, and he belonged here more than anywhere else. He was thinking of postponing his previous plans until winter passed. "Officially," he added, as if that would clarify his intentions of joining.

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... banner.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Thankies! I mades it mahself. And you can go ahead and title him up, I'll add him to the ranks. He can start as Sergeant. Big Grin

As much as she had wished for it, she hadn't let herself believe that he would want to stay here for long. Least of all want to join. He just seemed like he had other plans, and that was perfectly fine. Everyone had their plans, and many left their childhood homes to never live in them again. But at his words her ears strained forward. Was he really asking if he could join the pack? Savina almost felt the urge to pinch herself to make sure she wasn't dreaming.

A wide smile blossomed on her face, eyes dancing. "Really? Apollo that's wonderful!" she exclaimed. The fey walked over to sit beside him on the bed. "And since I'm the Lt. General, I can officially offer you acceptance right now." She winked at her good friend. Slender arms wrapped around his ivory form in a hug. What could she say, she couldn't help herself.

[/html]
Perfect.[html]

Her reaction made him smile, and he wrapped his arms around her frame in response to her hug. "Thanks Savina," he said, unable to hide the chuckles that accompanied his words. When he let his arms fall away, his smile pulled into a crooked grin. "It’s been a long time since I’ve been in this room. It’s strange, without Sirius here." He rolled his eyes, gesturing towards the toys that littered the ground. "He was always leaving his shit around."

[/html]
[html]

This day was just full of surprises it seemed. For she hadn't expected the young silver male to return her hug either, but here he was doing just that. Then again, she had always liked to believe that he felt more open and comfortable around her than around some others. Maybe not a truth, but she was content to believe it regardless. "Of course kiddo. You'll always have a place here." The sooty girl ruffled his hair as she spoke. Savina really thought of him like a younger brother of sorts.

It was unexpected for him to bring up Sirius. It had been obvious from that first time she had seen the two of them that they didn't get along too well. But with his last remark it was obvious that same sibling rivalry was still there. She chuckled as Apollo rolled his eyes. "Yes well, Sirius never did strike me as the more responsible one of you two."

[/html]
Figured we can wrap this one up. :][html]

He chuckled at that, thinking that neither he nor his brother were ever really that responsible. Still, her words brought a smile to his face. "Maybe he’ll come back someday. Well, maybe not to Crimson Dreams, but back to the area. I have a feeling I’ll see him again someday." And though he wouldn’t want to admit it, that thought, the possibility, lifted his spirits.

He rose from the mattress, walking to the window to run a finger along the dirtied pane of glass. The tip of his finger was lined with dust and a visible streak ran along the window. "It’s getting whiter outside," he noted, not entirely opposing of the idea. It was his first winter, and he wanted to experience all it was worth. "I think that piano’s calling my name," he told her, turning around to face her with a smile. "I want to try to work on learning a new song."

[/html]
[html]

She nodded her head. It might have been deeply buried, but she could sense that he had at least some sort of affection for his brother. It was really only natural. Even if siblings didn't particularly get along, they at least held some love for each other. Unless some major even had caused the rift between them. Then perhaps not, but she was fairly confident that that wasn't the case between Apollo and Sirius. "I'm sure you will. Somewhere or another."

"It most definitely is. Not really all that fond of it myself, but it is pretty to look at. From the inside anyway." Savina smiled as he turned to face her again. He really had grown up, in so many ways. She had no doubt that he would be a great asset to the pack for as long as he decided to stay. Slender form rose from the mattress. "Well, if you don't mind, I think I'll join you. I can work on my reading while you work on your music." The femme walked towards the door, looking back at him. "Shall we?"

[/html]
Fin.[html]

"Sounds great," he responded with a smile, walking towards Savina and the doorway that led out into the greater expanse of the mansion. Though he had resented living there when he had been younger, this place was starting to feel like home in some ways. Maybe he would really decide to stay a bit longer than he had originally thought. "Maybe we can combine some of your poetry in with a song," he added, leading the two towards the staircase.

[/html]