We're one mistake from being together
[html]

It seemed that all of the territories were covered with snow now, no matter where she went. So far, from what she had experienced, the hills were the worst...so getting around Crimson Dreams was hard, but other than that everything seemed pretty flat and even with an equal amount of snow on the ground. Ember didn't really mind the snow; she'd lived outside for the last couple of months and survived it, when she'd been in between packs. But it did make her pretty tired to walk through it. That was why she had chosen her optime form today. It was easier getting through the snow that way.

A sudden burst of wind made her close her eyes against the snow that was picked up, wrap her arms a little closer around herself. She was letting her mane grow out a little bit now from its previous haircut, and it lay long and shining halfway down her back. Still, it was chilly out. She had to remember to head up to Inferni next; Ryan was probably finished making her cloak. Ember had been collecting things to trade with the coyote in return for making it for her. It would be useful when she would make other trips in the future.

She didn't stop when she reached the borders; she knew that she was welcomed inside Dahlia. Cercelee would enjoy having a visitor. At least, if Ember could find her. She wasn't sure. The scarred female clicked her claws against the bright pink cast that she still wore on her left arm, thinking. She should have brought her cousin a present, too, one of the things she'd found in the city. But she'd left it back in AniWaya.

[/html]
[html]
http://i38.tinypic.com/awqe6o.jpg); background-position:bottom; background-repeat: no-repeat; width: 520px; border: 1px solid #fff; background-color: #cde8f1;">

Don't touch too much - you touch too much

The grey male slept outside, in the biting cold, though he did not mind it. The snow fell slowly, ever so slowly, covering his body, but he did not mind that either. He enjoyed the feeling of content, the thought that for once the need to travel did not eat at his bones, that he could simply be and not worry about pretending to be something other than Lubomir. He knew that he need not complain, that he was accepted here. He had yet to meet everyone in the pack, but he would. Eventually he would. There was no rush, now.

Lubomir lifted himself off the ground and shook his pelt. He would walk around a bit, then perhaps sleep. That would be best for his recovery. He would walk the borders, watch the spread of frozen land and then sleep. A solid plan. Lost in his thoughts, the memories of those he had met, the scent of the female hit him full on. He could see himself getting mauled by Gabriel one day if he kept at it like this. Soon, after a bend in the border, her form came into view. Lubomir gazed on her with a pained heart. Ember. The one he had once loved. Thought he loved. Been infatuated with. Loved. Whatever that was. She had grown, of course, but she was lovely as ever. The male walked towards her, making sure to be as loud as possible. No point scaring her.

[/html]
[html]

If there was one wolf that she hadn't expected to see at the borders of Dahlia de Mai, it was Lubomir. Much had happened since she'd seen the male last. She almost didn't know what to say first--maybe a "where have you been?" or "how are you?" But nothing came out. Ember didn't know what it was that she'd felt for him in the past. The only thing that she knew for certain was that through it all she was happy to see him.

"Hi" She managed, watching his approach. Maybe he didn't recognize her. Or maybe their...friendship hadn't meant as much to him as it had to her back then. Many things had changed over the time that he'd been gone, but some things still felt the same.

[/html]
[html]
http://i38.tinypic.com/awqe6o.jpg); background-position:bottom; background-repeat: no-repeat; width: 520px; border: 1px solid #fff; background-color: #cde8f1;">

It was her. How odd, that after all this time they had found each other again. She had learned how to shift, properly learned. Lubomir had heard, like a rumour, that briefly before Shadowed Sun had broken up, Ember had joined. But by then he had been so caught up in Skoll's battle that nothing around him mattered. He ate little, slept even less and then left. No word, no goodbye, no last glances. Gone. And now returned, as if from behind the grave.

"Hi, Ember." His voice was soft, as if he did not mean to frighten her. "I came back. Are you here too?" She certainly did not smell of Dahlia, but maybe she had recently joined. Hadn't she once said she had family here? Then again, if Lubomir recalled correctly, everyone had large families here.

[/html]
[html]

Why had he even left in the first place? Sure, she hadn't been talking to him back then...but he still could have said something to her. Sent her a message, maybe. But it was too late for those kinds of thoughts, really. He was here now, right in front of her. She only wished she knew what to do or say.

Luckily, he started the conversation up for her. It would be simple to answer him--maybe if she pretended like he was a stranger, things would be even easier. "I don't live here. I live with a tribe West of here...AniWaya, with Tayui and Pilot." She named off a few of the old pack members. "Why did you come back? I thought you were gone for good."

[/html]
[html]

When had she grown up? Too quickly, it seemed. She carried herself differently, with more grace. Or perhaps he slouched more. Perhaps he had aged, beyond his years. Or maybe she had. But it did not really matter. He had left and she had found out somehow, through some grapevine. Maybe from Skoll's friend? It seemed she had not forgiven him. Not so easily. "So Pilot and Tayui managed to stick together. What about Urma, that white female who joined Shadowed Sun?"

When she asked why he had come back, Lubomir felt slightly hurt. Was she not glad to see him? He had no expected a song and dance, but perhaps some joy? Instead she was cold and closed to him. Straightening, his jaw hardened, as if he could show her that he was just as indifferent. "So was I. I intended to stay with Skoll's people, but that was not the life for me. I have friends here still. Unfinished business." His tone loosened somewhat. "I thought you would be happier to see me, Ember." There, he had said it.

[/html]
[html]

It didn't seem like he had changed much since the last time she had seen him, but Ember most certainly had. Going from pack to pack to pack as they became disbanded had been hard, and had pushed her into a way of life that she hadn't entirely been ready for at first. So she'd had to become ready. She had learned to live and love--and had ended up failing at both of those two things at one point. She'd had a mate, even, for a short while...before he too had dissapeared.

She was silent for a long moment before giving him an answer. "How can I be happy when I don't even know if you'll stick around? And even if you say that you're going to be here...I've learned not to trust people by their word alone." She sat back. "I can't let myself get happy over this. You'll leave, and I'll be alone all over again. It's just how it works."

[/html]
[html]
      Hai watch me fail D:

He wondered if she really understood was she was saying. That her words were like daggers to him, stabbing his heart and pinning it against his spine. When had she grown so bitter? He missed the Ember of old, who laughed and cried and was such an innocent. He missed her because he had felt so good helping her, the thought of being important to someone. Sure he had developed a crush on her and she had kept him a bay only because of that innocence. But someone or something had taken it from her with a violence that shocked him. "Ember..."

He looked away. She was right. She couldn't be sure he would stick around. He wasn't sure if he wanted to. But her tone, her recoil, it upset him. It made Lubmir angry. Because he couldn't promise anyone anything. Not Mew. Not Ember. Not himself. "So you will deny yourself and me what we had simply because I might leave." His tone was cold and derisive. "I did not want Skoll to die. I couldn't help him. I was his friend and I couldn't help him. Who is to say you won't be next? Or Mew? What then? When my friends start being away from me like this, what would you have me do, Ember?"

[/html]
[html]
James fails more Big Grin

"You could leave, too. I don't know." She answered. This entire conversation was already frustrating her...but then, that was normal for she and Lubomir. Ember shrugged. She didn't really know what he would do if they all died. She'd almost died twice since he had left--part of his words had almost become a reality, really. "Would you be sad if I died?" She asked.

A short silence came and she crossed her arms, looking into the territory. "It's cold. We should go somewhere warm."

[/html]
[html]
      My last reply for the night. Good god I'm tired D: Slight PP that they're walking towards the city

What kind of question was that? Of course he would be sad! Lubomir couldn't understand where this whole communication barrier had come from. Did she really resent him that much for leaving? He looked away, too embarrassed by his own naked emotions to try and show them any more than he already was. "I would be devastated. We have been friends a long time, Ember. I don't like seeing those I care for die."

Her suggestion, for once, relieved him. He turned to look at her and smiled. Warm. Yes. He could take her somewhere warm, of course. "There is a warm place. A library, in fact. I sometimes spend my days there." He had been truly lucky to find it. And a fireplace. Some work still needed to be done, but Lubomir could get a fire started now and not choke on the smoke. Hopefully it would be good enough for Ember. He started walking towards Wolfville, making sure she followed with him. "How is your shifting going?" It had indeed been a long time, that Lubomir did not know for certain whether she could shift or not.

[/html]
[html]
I must be dreaming or we're onto something
http://i38.tinypic.com/6t1ag0.jpg); background-position:bottom; background-repeat: no-repeat; width: 336px; border: 1px solid #000; background-color: #204684;">

ooc:

I must be dreaming or pinch me to waking

It would be easier just to forget that he had even left and be comfortable around him...but she didn't know how to do that. She couldn't pretend that everything was alright, even if she really wanted to. And boy did she want to. Things had changed since he had last seen her. She walked in silence beside him for a while, still thinking. She'd come here to begin with...she would try and make the best out of their time together. She would try, even if she didn't think that she could do it.

"Oh man. I was so young back then...I barely even remember it. I can shift just fine now. My mate helped me out a lot with it, too, when I had problems. When he was around, anyway." Ember entered the building with him, rubbing her hands together. She couldn't believe that it'd gotten this cold this fast--she had thought that winter was getting better, with less of the cold and snow...and now they had more of both. "Mmmm. It's nice in here. I haven't been to Dahlia in a while...I don't know that I've even been to this portion before." She could see why he would want to spend time here. "What do you do, now that you're back? Met up with many others from the old lands?" Maybe he'd seen someone that she hadn't met yet who had come over to the new territories.

Table by Tammi!

[/html]
[html]
      Posting spree? Who, me? Nevah! 300+

Her words dug into his heart and he realised that he felt jealous. Not of her mate per se, because by the sound of it he was no longer around. What Lubomir was jealous of was Ember's happiness. While he had suffered the burden of Skoll's loss she had been happy. It was irrational, he knew that, because maybe she had only found out about his death when he himself had departed the lands, but he couldn't help but feel wounded. His tone of voice was decidedly colder when he replied, "Mate? What happened to him, you seem to speak of him in the past tense."

Lubomir shifted into his Optime form once they were fully inside and started gathering the scattered remains of firewood. Soon he would have to go and collect more, that much was certain, but for now it would be enough. Crouching by the fireplace, he put the new twigs over the coals and blew on them slowly, until the fire came back to life. Rubbing his paws together for warmth, the male stepped back and waited to see if he had been successful. He had been. Lubomir turned and walked back to Ember. "I found it by accident, really. But it's a peaceful place, though in desperate need of some refurbishments."

"I don't know what I really do. I'm recovering right now, I suppose. I travelled for too long and my body gave up on me." Lubomir laughed nervously. He was admitting some kind of failure. The old lands? He wasn't sure exactly who she meant. "From the Old Country? No, I'm still the only one. There are some travellers around here and I met one a while ago, but no one else I knew. What about you? Anyone new come to these lands?"

[/html]