not your summer eve glow
Firefly sat glaring at her round belly as the heavy snow came raining down from the heavens. She had grown to ignore the hold, her fluffy pelt doing well to keep most of the heat close to her skin when the winds weren't wrecking hell on the world. She bared her fangs to the truth for a second before rolling to her side and just laying there like a lump. The puppy bulge was getting bigger, a sign that the parasites still festered in her womb. Her hopes that they would have just died had failed her long ago as the cold hard truth had lay like a basketball between her ribcage and hips.

Life was just ironic now wasn't it.

First she's somehow deceived into believing that Haku actually wanted her by his side, (She still blamed the wine) as she accepted his wants to bind their souls as mates. She knew the ways of the man and yet she had agreed. Somewhere in her coy cunning little mind she must have thought there was sometihng that she would have got back out of the arrangement.. and yet nearly a moon later all she'd been left with was the sick sorry truth that another woman carried his bastard children before she'd even been made his mate and now she was pumped full of little miniature versions of the monster as well. There was no way his spawn was ever going to be some cute little innocent being with a heart of gold that dances in fields of sunshine and buttercups. She was royally screwed.

Just for good measures she growled once more at the one that squirmed inside of her, a little spark of hope that perhaps it was just worms.
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... able01.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
__Out of character speech.

Iskata needed breathing room, he knew that much. He had stuck around her cabin for a while before finding other things to do. He needed to start helping out Phoenix Valley and to be a contributing member. At first it had been awkward for him, but now he was getting into the swing of things. He had never learned much about women. In fact, his idealized woman had always been like Iskata. He remembered her through the cloudy vision of memories. She had been patient, kind, humorous, and beautiful. She had been so amazing.

Since the accident, he could only imagine that Iskata had changed dramatically. When he came to think of it, he had never really known her. He had been so young that he could not really honestly say he'd sought deep beneath the exterior. But she had been kind and accepting, and that was enough to inspire the love and devotion to last all the seasons he'd been gone.

He was exploring now, expanding his horizons beyond the strange but good lifestyle he knew now at Phoenix Valley. He had come to the borders of this new land and the scent of wolves was thick in the air. He tread the boundary line carefully, not wanting to cause any problems. His eyes widened when he caught a glimpse of a beautiful woman lounging on the ground. Her pelt looked like it was made up of light and gold. Walking to where she was, he was careful to keep his distance. "Hello," he said, but the word was a little stuttered. This could only be one woman, after all. Firefly.

[/html]
Firefly had just made her little hollow in the snow deep enough when the scent of another caught her nose. She recognized the smell of her mother and that damnable pack as her emerald eyes snapped open as a voice called out. She whipped her head to the side scanning the area for the owner as she soon found another standing a respectable distance away as she silently stared at the male. She wondered just how that stupid pack of her mother's kept finding members, but then again Firefly had never stuck around long enough to truly find out how the whole idea worked. Instead she was just sitting her moons after her mother's pack had formed staring at some boy who seemed lost since he was obviously far from his packlands.

She flicked her ears back as she let out a large yawn, showing the male just how interested she was in his appearance she finally returned his greeting. "Hello." she said with a bit of frost. Her emerald eyes watched the male as she stated suddenly. "They still haven't taught you all how to respect borders in Phoenix Valley have they?" She'd seen member after member from the pack stroll so casually across their lands, she didn't care if there was bloodties between the two packs or if her own mother lead(to her knowledge) the other pack. She was easily rial up by the foolishness of the other pack's members and she didn't care who she let know.
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... able01.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

She snapped it him and he stopped in his tracks. Her tone really surprised the white man. He took a closer look at her. She looked an awful lot like Iskata, but seemed to have a more burnished coat. It was brighter and more like the sun. Firefly's belly seemed stretched somehow. He breathed in sharply. She seemed to be pregnant. Well, that made sense. Females were strange to deal with in general, but pregnant females were a whole other can of worms. She was probably this caustic due to her pregnancy. Or so Pepe believed.

"Nope," he said cheerfully and sat down next to her. He decided not to take her attitude personally. They didn't know one another, and he really was intruding on these lands. She had every right to question why he was here, but he didn't know that she was just an irritable girl in general.

"You are Firefly, right?" he asked. She looked so much like Iskata, he wanted to be certain. Little did Pepe know that trying to be familiar with the bad tempered female was a bad, bad idea. He was probably setting himself up for some more snapping from the girl.

[/html]
She wouldn't admit it but she was slightly impressed by the fact that the boy was willing to move so close, to dare to cross that line she had drawn in every inch of her body that said back the fuck off. She narrowed her eyes at his cheerful way of speaking and answering her question as she sneered at the male. "Right, any chance they're going to start teaching the lot of you." she grumbled softly as she picked at her nails, keeping one eye on the boy to make certain he didn't try and move closer.

Suddenly she bristled as he spoke her name, wanting her confirmation that she was indeed this woman that he believed her to be. She flicked her eyes towards the male as she flashed her fangs slightly, "Who's wanting to know.." she asked, not giving him the answer that he wanted, but still some sort of answer to his needs. She hoped that maybe the boy would leave if she answered him, she wasn't in much of a state to chase the kid off.
[html]

She seemed ruffled from him being so close. He didn't want to upset her at all. That hadn't been his intention. It was just that he was so curious! So much had happened in the time he had been gone from these lands. He had never met Iskata's litter. He only remembered her beginning to become round with her children. And now here was one of those puppies, full grown and expecting children of her own. He didn't want to miss anything more. He had a lot of lost time to make up for.

"I want to know," he said, still cheerfully but he looked at her cautious. She was snappish. Maybe that was her personality. He was willing to give her a shot though. "My name is Pepe. I knew your mother before you were born. Just before you were born, in fact." He didn't call Iskata his mother too. He figured she probably didn't like to share anything. This conversation wasn't going the way he had imagined it would, but he found her interesting. She didn't need to be sickly sweet. If she was a rose with thorns, so be it. The fact that she was here and alive at all was enough for him.

"I don't want to bother you," he said honestly. "I just was curious and I wanted to meet you." She didn't seem upset, just put out with the world in general. He wouldn't pry. He didn't want his head handed back to him on a silver platter after all.

[/html]
Her emerald eyes watched him as he spoke, as he seemed to study her. She had no clue who this male was that was so interested in her but she wasn't pleased one bit. The cheerful disposition and the words he spoke made her wrinkle her nose as though there was an unpleasent smell in the air, the mere idea of how he was trying to assosicate himself with her, trying to place himself into her world was beyond her. She didn't know why they all seemed to want to do this, to find some connection, to find some belonging.. to believe she was something more, something good.

The woman wasn't a puppy anymore and she wasn't pleasant and sweet. She had a wicked temper and a mean tongue. The male had yet to be lashed by her words but if he kept it up she knew it would happen. Turning her nose up at the male she said as though bored. "Really, just because you knew Iskata doesn't mean you need to know me." She narrowed her eyes as she stated. "I'm not who you imagined now am I." There was a sick sweet pleasure in her voice, she knew that she couldn't be what he expected, she was something strange and new, a deadly hybrid of cunning, smarts, beauty and a savage wild nature. She was dark and dangerous.

She eyed the white male with one eye as she asked in a rather aloofed voice. "Why would you want to meet me anyways." She tilted her head to where she could take in the whole of the Phoenix Valley male as she continued. "Did you want to see if I could live up to mother?" the last word was said with scorn, as though she could care less if her mother now lead a pack and there was a devotion to her by the packmembers that Firefly herself couldn't understand. She never would have wanted to understand either, but that was a totally different matter there.
[html]

Pepe might have been taken aback by her attitude, but now she was just too interesting. He decided that she reminded him of a wasp or a praying mantis. Not that he'd ever tell her that! He wanted to go back to Phoenix Valley with his head attached, thank you very much. He waited as she spoke, not wanting to override anything she had to say.

She was definitely different than the Iskata, At least, the Iskata he remembered. Although she had been kind and wonderful when he had arrived at the borderland of Phoenix Valley, his mother was now more withdrawn than ever. She even snapped, a lot like Firefly. Yes, he could see Iskata in this girl.

He looked at her thoughtfully, not flinching away from her harsh words. "I wasn't expecting much of anything. I expected you to be beautiful," he said. And in that aspect, you've exceeded my expectations." He said it very seriously, there was no way she could mistake his words as a way of flirting. It was true that she was very beautiful.

"When I was young, I used to call your mother my Firefly lady. When I saw her again recently she said that you were the Firefly lady now. I can see how she was right." It was true. She sparkled, shining as bright as her fire hot temper.

[/html]
Firefly rolled her eyes at the words of the male, she should have expected such nonsense, almost every male she came across spouted some failed attempt at finding words to meet the beauty that she seemed to radiate. Beauty was only skin deep, the other skills and talents she had were far more useful than the looks she posessed, though granted the glory she'd been given had made her life easier in more ways than one.

She turned her emerald orbs to look at the male with such a look that could only say, can you be serious before she just sighed and gave him the cold hard truth of the words he'd spoken so seriously. "Hon, words along those same lines have flown from almost every male that's crossed my path. They get you nowhere here." Perhaps Ember would have fallen for those words or maybe he could have once swept Mew off her paws.. but Firefly was another story. She was dangerous and dark, belonging only to one male and he was protective and one hell of a bastard.

She listened with half an ear to the male as though she could think of a million better things to do that to be listening to his pathedic words of the past, of a past that she wasn't even really anything of. She flicked her ear slightly as she spoke as though she were bored of the male. "I'm charmed you find such fantasy in my name..." She growled softly as one of the puppies kicked, her eyes narrowing as she wished she could force them to behave already, but until they were out they had free reign to abuse the woman as needed and wanted. They were already off on the wrong paw, just like the fellow who wasn't taking the hints to just disappear.
[html]

"Well then," Pepe said as Firefly basically blew him off. This wasn't going the way he had expected it to. He had dealt with difficult creatures before, but Firefly was taking it to a whole new level. Still, he was a persistent man. He could take no for an answer, but she hadn't told him "no" yet. Instead she was beating around the bush.

"I know that sarcasm is probably your mothertongue," he said, and the words were still friendly. "But you haven't directly told me to go away yet." He grinned at the female. Was he bating her? Yeah, a little. But he supposed she was probably used to it. Someone had to rib her constantly to help her maintain such a "fabulous" world view.

"What topic can we talk about so I don't come off as an idiot to you?"

[/html]
The woman smirked at the boy that to her was nothing more than a mere child in her eyes, asking those annoying persistant questions that she knew were not going to end anytime soon no matter what she said or did. She wished for a moment that the male were actually the size of a pup, then she could just pick him up like the last annoying snot that had crossed her path and deposit him off the nearest cliff.. but she wasn't so lucky.

She could do nothing more than sigh when he point blank told her to her face that since she hadn't told him to go away yet that he was going to remain right there, a burr in her side. She was beginning to become more than annoyed as it dawned on her that she couldn't exactly chase the brat from the lands since her swollen midsection was keeping her from doing much running these days. She bared her fangs as she hissed, "Watch it boy, I might just make it to where you can't leave if you keep pushing me." she said in warning.

The last words that he asked her made her wonder if the male was ever going to understand that he was better off leaving than trying to find a reason to stick around. "Anything that doesn't interest you.." she said in an off tone, hoping that if she bored him to death he would infact just disappear.