Bend and not Break (Joining)
OOC Name: Kylie
Preferred method of contact: kyliemagner@gmail.com
Character Name: Simon Saer
Character Age: 4 months old
Character Gender: Male
Regular Wolf or Luperci: Luperci Ortus
How did you hear about 'Souls?: Gwen (she wouldn't shut up about it)

Maybe it was the way that the light shined on the snow. Perhaps it was the tangle of plant life growing on these borders. Simon didn't really know what had led him here, but he decided in a instant that he really liked it. The sun was shining for a change, which also made things twice as nice. For the last two weeks, the world had been a blur of white and cold. He was grateful to finally be able to see as he blinked chocolate colored eyes.

He looked down at his paws. They were pretty big, causing him to shuffle along too fast when he tried to move at a quicker pace. They seemed to be too big for his short legs. Did that make him weird? He wasn't exactly sure, but it didn't worry him very much. The sand colored puppy was large for his age, but he had never been self conscious. The inclination had never entered his mind.

Squinting, he bent to see a small figure rustling under the blanket of patchy snow. A small beetle had crawled out, wriggling in the snow. Its wings and body were a shiny black, and Simon saw the reflection of his nose. Hopping back for a moment, he skittered closer to it to get a closer look.
[html]

welcome!! Thought Mati might be a good welcome-wagon!

Life was certainly a rollercoaster, a new realization for the young pup. Her round paws trampled through the snow, which was also something new. The brown pup didn’t like how her white sister hid so perfectly in the powdery stuff. It made it all the harder to stay away from her teasing. Violet eyes watched the divots she made in the snow, and her nose served as a scoop for frosty snow treats. Head down she was able to lap up bits of ice, and certainly not pay attention to where she was going.

Only when she almost tripped over the other pup did she realize that there was certainly someone there. Blinking she backed up a few paces, staring at the stranger. Who ares you? The first words to come to mind, and the first to leave her mouth. A dollop of snow at on her nose, but forgotten in the confusion. He didn’t belong here, and where were his mothers to claim him?

[/html]
[html]Smile

The sand colored puppy blinked his wide open chocolate eyes. The earth tone pup bowling toward him caught him completely by surprise. He stumbled backward, trying to avoid a collision. He tripped over his too-big paws and ended up on his rump without grace, nearly nose to nose with the other puppy. He blinked snow out of his eyes and shook his head. This snow stuff really made things quite a chore.

"I's Simon," he said boldly, looking into the pretty violet eyes of the brown puppy before him. He gasped then and really looked at her. "Is you the princess?" he asked in an wonderstruck tone. "Dids I find yous? I looked so long!" He came closer to her, trying to get a good sniff at her. She sure looked like the princess his mother had described.[/html]
[html]

Mati had never really met another pup that wasn’t from her litter. When she was young she had even thought they were the only pups in all the world, but it didn’t take long for her to realize that there was quite a large world outside of their borders. As her thoughts bubbled her curiosity grew and grew. Her tail wagged behind her with a mind of its own, not caring whether he saw her excitement of not.

Cocking her head at his question she wasn’t sure how to react. A princess?Asking the question aloud didn’t help her find the answer. She wasn’t the damsel locked in the tower in their bedtime stories, nor was she the beautiful lady that her mother or sister was with their ivory coats. But it seemed like he was looking for her, well the princess. I dono, well I don’t thinks so. How did a princess who they were a princess?

Are you a knight Simon? Her tone was inquisitive, and there were only two kinds that would be in search of a princess, the knight of the villain.

[/html]
[html]
This is such a cute thread. I couldn't resist. And welcome to 'Souls!

She adjusted the load that she was carrying a little bit better, then continued toward the mansion once more. Naniko hadn't thought that carrying the suit of armor back from Blackmoor Castle would be so difficult; it hadn't felt heavy in the beginning, just bulky. But now that she'd walked with it for quite a few miles, it was beginning to weigh her down. She had tried to carry it in many different ways, and had almost given up a few times when she'd had to go over some rougher terrain, but she had made the decision to keep going anyway. Haven had seemed really interested in this armor, and she knew that it would please him to have it there in the mansion to look at. It wasn't stealing, not really. No one owned those lands, so the stuff inside the castle didn't really "belong" to anyone. They had already taken the crown, too, earlier in the month. Haven had worn it home.

On her last visit there the night before Naniko had found another crown, but this one looked very different from the one that had fit her orange son. It was bigger, made for an adult, with more ornate decoration and in a slightly more sophisticated style. With her hands busy, the Commander hadn't had anywhere to put it but on her own head, where it sat comfortably between her pointed ears. She didn't know much about the stories that Anu had told their sons and daughters, only that the jewled object had once been worn by a leader in the human world.

She gave the suit of armor one final pull, then stopped to rest for a moment. The white wolf was nearly out of energy, and she wasn't sure what still needed to be done around the mansion before she retired into the cave for the day. A nice rest would do her some good. It was around that time that she saw the pair, two small figures that stood out amongst the snow and ice surrounding them. She could hear their voices, too; Naniko was surprised that she hadn't noticed them before. She watched their postures carefully; sure, both of them were pups...but that didn't mean that she wouldn't worry about Mati's safety. For now she was carefully quiet, sitting and observing her daughter and the new pup.

[/html]
[html]Simon watched the pretty girl closely. She didn't seem to know that she was the princess at all! He leaned in close to her and breathed in deeply. He sat there for a moment before doing it again, inhaling noisily to show that this sniffing was some serious business. He backed up a little bit, not wanting to crowd her royal highness's space. After all, princesses sometimes could be delicate. "You is the princess," he said, nodding sagely.

She just didn't seem to understand that she was though! Didn't she know? It was obvious to Simon, but he decided to explain for her benefit. It was important to know your own identity. "You has eyes like flowers," he said and looked into her violet eyes very seriously. "You smell sweet! And you is very pretty. Those are all princess things."

He would have been a little shy admitting that he thought she was pretty if she had been a normal girl. But the earth brown puppy clearly wasn't an average girl. Simon liked to think he was a brave boy, but at first looking at the girl with eyes like flower petals had made him feel shy. But he had a duty to the princess to make sure that she understood who she was and that gave him courage.

Simon fidgeted a little when she asked him if he was a knight. He really wished he was one, so he could be worthy of being near the princess, but he was just a normal boy. "I never met a princess afore that could make me a knight," he said honestly. "I'll be your knight, princess, if you want me to." Although his tail wagged behind him, he said this very seriously. As seriously as any puppy could. He looked at her intensely.

But then he remembered that this was a princess he was talking to! He shouldn't be looking at her so hard, or much at all. He dropped his gaze to his paws. She probably thought he was a huge dope with his weird overly big paws and long skinny legs. He didn't look like much of a knight at all. Maybe an orge in training. His tail stopped wagging. He let his chocolate brown eyes move over the snow before he caught a glint in the distance. With eyes wide, he moved to stand in front of the princess and his ears flicked back. "Snow queen..." he breathed. What did she want with his princess?

[/html]
[html]

yay!

.. he still doesn't know her name, but i thought it would be awkward to slip it in here...

He certainly wasn’t looking at the reflection she was used to. In her eyes she saw a dirt-colored coat, big uneven toes and muddy dark plum orbs. Simon was certainly not looking at her the way she saw herself. It was flattering, a new feeling that made her cheeks warm and her want to look down and away. But she kept her eyes on him, still stunned that he was serious. At first she had thought he was only teasing her, but she had never heard anything more genuine.

Of course, she needed a knight to be her guardian. Though her brother Haven had always been there to protect her, she was sure that the dragon slayer would find a princess of his own. And it seemed that he wanted to be one so much, and if he believed that she was royalty then why couldn’t she believe in him?

Before she could speak her attention was taken from the sandy colored boy and brought to a figure in the distance. Simon moved before her, blocking her view for a moment. The pup peered from behind him, to find that it wasn’t a snow queen that he had spoken, but someone else. Sure that there was nothing to frightened of she gave a smile to the other pup and approached Naniko.

Momma. Her voice showed her excitement to introduce her new friend, This is Simon. She paused to look back at him, inviting him to join them. He’s a knight Looking at the crown on her head, Mati cocked her head unsure of what to really make of it.

[/html]
[html]

She would definitely have to go and talk to Anu about her stories. The pups seemed to know them pretty well, but Naniko must have been up and about when their other mother had told the tales to the youngsters. She had read some stories that the humans had written before, but wasn't sure if this was the same thing. Those books had been about magic too, but had mostly been centered around mages.

Naniko didn't want to seem ignorant, but she still wasn't sure about what a queen was. She had heard the term in relation to nature a few times in her books, like the "queen" honey bee or termite...they were the mothers, the ones who had the children in their worlds. Did that make her a queen? She wasn't the only one who had children...there were plenty of others. "I'm not sure if I'm a Queen, exactly...I'm a Commander."

Mati spoke next and she crouched down so that she could feel more at their level. "A knight, Mati? Haven was talking about knights the other day...and I think Jazper might be one too. Jazper Rhiannon-Knight." She thought about this. Perhaps Jazper really was one of these knight things. The white werewolf looked to Simon next. He seemed to be about the same age as her four children. And hers still came home every night. Did his parents live around here? Maybe one of the wolves in Dahlia de Mai or Phoenix Valley had given birth. "I'm Naniko, Mati's mother. Pleased to meet you, Simon. Are you here for a visit with your parents?" Maybe they had become separated?

[/html]
[html]Simon would protect the princess with his dying breath from any threat, knight or not. He watched as the Snow Queen approached. She was definitely bigger than he was. He swallowed hard, making a gulping sound, but he looked quickly behind him at the violet-eyed girl and toughened up. He might not be able to vanquish the great and terrible winter beauty, but maybe he could distract her long enough for the princess to run away. There had to be a real knight somewhere around here that could take care of the princess like she deserved.

He let out a little noise of dismay when the princess came out from behind him and went toward the snow queen. She obviously did not know how this was supposed to work! First he had had to explain to her that she was the princess, and now she didn't know that her honor and safety had to be defended from creatures like snow queens! If they got out of this alive, he was going to have a very long talk with her. There was so much she needed to learn. He knew that protecting princesses would be tough, but he hadn't thought that the princess would make things even more difficult.

He trotted dutifully to the princess's side, ready to do whatever needed to be done before the weight of her words stopped him in his tracks. The Snow Queen was her momma? But her next words nearly made him bowl over. She had named him her knight! A dopey grin crossed his face and he started forward again, nearly tripping over his big feet. "I's sorry, milady. I thought you were going to kidnap the princess." He peered quickly into Naniko's eyes before looking away, instinct telling him not to stare too long into a large, dominant wolf's eyes. They weren't pearly gray with snowflakes whirling in them, but more like a deep gemstone green.

Even Queen Naniko seemed to be confused about her status! What was up with the royalty around here? He sighed a little, but smiled at her as he dutifully explained. "Lady Naniko, you is a queen. Your daughter Mati...." he paused for a minute. He had never asked her name, but he really liked it. He had expected it to be a bit more fancy, flourishing, but he loved the simple syllables. He could say the princess' name very easily. "...has eyes like flowers, smells very sweet, and she is very pretty, just like you. She is the princess, you are the queen." He hoped that Naniko would understand.

And it did seem like there was a knight in town to oversee that the royals lived in peace. Some Jazper character. Well, that was a relief! He looked sidelong at Mati. So she didn't really need his help at all. That saddened him a little, and his tail lowered just a notch. But wait a minute. She had named him a knight! Did that mean he was her knight? He looked at her, as if she could hear his thoughts and expected her to answer. But then his chocolate brown eyes slid to the floor one more time. He didn't have any business staring at princesses!

"It is nice ta meets ya too, Lady," Simon responded as politely as possible. His mother had taught him manners and he would use them to the best of his abilities. He shook his head at Naniko's question. "I is not visiting, Lady. I is questing." Just like his mother had told him to. "My momma told me 'be good, be useful, Simon. Make sure you help anyone you see that needs it. Be the best Simon you can be. And be brave like a knight.'" His tone had gotten softer and a little higher as he mimicked his mother. He wasn't mocking her, but as a puppy, he was quite the literalist.

"I cannot be my momma's knight no more. She's with daddy now," he said, and his voice got a little shaky. He cleared his throat though and shook it off. He wanted to show Mati she had made a good choice when she named him a knight. "My momma sent me on a quest to be a knight. And I's found a princess to defend," he looked at Mati with pure adoration and wagged his tail. "I know I am not very big yet, but I can learn, my lady. Maybe the Jazper Knight can teach me. Please accept me into your service!"

[/html]
[html]

Mati had heard the stories, but there were still many things that she hadn’t completely figured out. Her mother still wore the odd cap, that only after a few intense moments of thought she realized that what she wore was a crown. Jewel covered it gleamed in the clear winter’s air, showering the surrounding snow with crystal sparkles. It was odd that she was wearing it, but then again, she had just become a princess in the eyes of her new friend, so maybe it was all true.

She was instantly excited at the thought that he might be looking for a new place to live. If his parents weren’t here, then he would need a place to stay warm. Simon began to speak, his words clear and polite. His compliments flattered her once again, having never really felt the beauty he described. He was a well-spoken pup, with speech that could charm even the most head strong of wolves, as she mother some times could be.

She was sad to hear of his mother, but that was why she had two and the little Church girl was happy to share. Her tail wagged, and purple eyes watched him as her requested a place among their ranks. Eyes back to her mother, she pleaded silently. Asking without words to let him stay with them. Of course there was no reason not to, but at his time of judgment she grew nervous.

Eyes looking up to her mothers face she squeaked a, Please momma. The words popped out and before she knew it she was pleading his case. He coulds be a knights in training, likes how I’ms a little officers. He could a’stay with us and then bes a page, like momma Anu tolds us! The story of the young knight growing up to slay the dragon and saves the damsel. Of course she had always focused on the dragon, who haunted many of her dreams.

[/html]
[html]
Do you guys want to keep going, or end it soon? Or they could go to the mansion/den and Mati and Naniko could show him around a little. Or just Mati could, and Naniko could head off XD But welcome to Crimson Dreams Big GrinDD

Naniko frowned, thinking things over. He had said that his mother was with his father...but hadn't said where his father was. There had been some sort of a clue in the sentence before, and she worked that over in her mind. He couldn't be his mother's knight any more. Had she abandoned him to go off with his father? Or had something else happened? In any case, Naniko wasn't about to turn a pup away. The combined pleas of the two youngsters beside her was more than enough to make her agree. "Alright, alright."

"But there are conditions. We can't have any troublemakers here in Crimson Dreams--if you go outside the packlands you must be on your best behavior." It was putting it in simplest terms. No fighting with the coyotes or entering other packs' lands without permission first. "And you would have to take on one of our ranks, on top of your Knight duties. But what you learn will help you on your way, I think." She nodded, then smiled. She was probably being much too serious in this...but at the same time, she couldn't be anything but serious about pack relations and the ranking system. It was a part of wolf society, those rigid rules.

"You can stay with us, if you want to. And if Mati agrees."

[/html]
[html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Hey, welcome to 'Souls. You've just joined the craziest bunch of wolf roleplayers on the vast internet. If you haven't done so already, you should check out the for detailed information about our werewolves and other general role playing information.

Now that you're accepted, you need to do two things:
___1. Make your first IC post within five days.
___2. Update your
profile with a bit of background information on your character.

You can also start saving up points toward titles and icons and cool stuff. Check out the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for people looking to roleplay. You can post random out of character chat in the OOC Garbage with us, too.

[/html]