You always thought that I was stronger
[html]
It had been barely over two weeks since his arrival at the coyote's borders, a venture that had simply been meant to see if his sister really was in the lands again. What came from that meeting, though, was a frightening new home, one that Jasper still didn't feel very comfortable in. He'd spent the majority of the two weeks holed up in the basement of the large mansion, piling boxes and furniture against the door at night to ensure his own safety. It was a frightening life suddenly, but hadn't it always been? Luckily for him, he'd been able to avoid anyone and everyone but Corona, only slipping out to get a bit of food and fresh air when he was absolutely certain it was safe for him to travel.

Jasper crept down the hallway slowly, moving on the very tips of his toes until the point that he reached the door, which he carefully slipped out of and down the stairs of the mansion, slipping away into the night as fast as possible. It was a most impossible thing to do, staying hidden in such a barren area, but Jasper slunk his body low to the ground, arms pulled in tight to his body and head held so very low. They had to have noticed his scent by now, even if they didn't frequent the mansion. Even so, Jasper knew he would have to chance going out now and again, else he would waste away into nothing and eventually starve.

[/html]
[html]

Romeo, take me somewhere we can be alone;
I'll be waiting.

Her usual clothing no longer fit around the growing curve of her abdomen. She had quickly pieced together a cloak similar to the one she had made Ember so that while this pregnancy lasted, Ryan would at least have something to wear. She would be the first to admit that it was rather ugly. Not wanting to waste any of her more precious fabrics, she sewed it out of a dull olive dyed wool. It was scratchy and hideous, but at least she remained warm.

She was having trouble sleeping, yet somehow she felt the need to attempt to sleep almost constantly. Even during the day she would curl into the temporary den and wish for sleep to take her. She swore there was some movement within her, which was terrifying, but she pushed it to the back of her mind. She didn’t want to face the future just yet. Instead, she focused on each day that presented itself. At the moment, she was taking a stroll in hopes that it would make her more weary. A failed attempt at sleep yet again had called for more desperate measures. She was thinking she might even try to find someone to give her some sort of drug. Anything to let her gain a view hours of much needed rest.

[/html]
[html]
Paranoia didn't help in being discreet, though Jasper had yet to learn such a thing, even at his age. His head moved back and forth, eyes racing across each and every direction and, perhaps, that was why he had missed the woman that was passing by so close to him. His nose no longer worked, which didn't help matters when it came to trying to avoid others, and it was only the crunch of her feet in the snow that made him aware that she was even there. His head snapped to meet her, a slight distance away from him, and Jasper immediately jumped back. "Ah!" Though the sound came out as more of a squeak, it gave away his surprise very well.

It took the tan and black male a few moments to regain himself, looking rather sick and the face while attempting to steady himself. He had the urge to turn and run from her, to race back to the mansion and lock himself back up in the basement, but it was her lack of..nakedness..that kept him there. Her clothes stood out and, though it took him a moment to remember, his sister's words came to mind. "You're Ryan?" He asked then, his voice quiet and his ears drooping down at the sides of his head. If he was wrong he would certainly feel like an idiot.

[/html]
[html]

I'll be waiting.

A pain came, and she quickly grabbed at her stomach. Movement. Great, just what she needed. She paused for a moment, steadying herself by placing a palm firmly against the trunk of a tree. Getting from one place to another definitely took much longer and her feet were starting to feel it. She grimaced, then smiled, laughing at herself for the predicament she had gotten herself into.

She started again on her mini-trek, taking a few wobbly steps before she was off. Concentrating so hard on her movement, she hadn’t noticed Jasper. His surprised squeak made Ryan jump, and she offered an equally stunned yelp. "Oh!" She didn’t know just who this was, but she offered him a smile anyway. "I’m sorry," she muttered, as one hand curled absentmindedly around her middle. The other gripped the thick wool fabric and held it closer to her frame as a breeze passed. Her eyebrows pulled down when he mentioned her name; a look of confusion. "You know who I am?" She couldn’t place his face, but maybe she had seen him before…?

[/html]
[html]
In the very quick moment that he had spoken her name, it hadn't occurred to him that she may wonder how he knew it. He hadn't realized just how creepy he might have come off just knowing her name, especially being a wolf in their lands and knowing her name. The realization didn't hit him until moments after her name had already left with his words and his eyes widened suddenly at the fact, arms immediately pulling in close to his body, hands rubbing slowly together in a nervous fashion. She also seemed to think that it was odd, by the way she spoke and the curious look on her face and Jasper suddenly felt all the more foolish for it. "I uhm.." He started, but he suddenly didn't know what to say.

"My sist..Corona.." He corrected himself. Gabriel wouldn't have been happy with him bounding around claiming his relation to everyone, he suspected, and saying that Corona was his sister might automatically make them all think that, though it was true. "She said you were nice and that you wear clothes." It still sounded creepy, in his opinion, but it was better than blurting out the fact that she supposedly wouldn't be mean to him and that they might get along, which sounded even worse in his head. "I haven't seen anyone else who wears clothes here yet, so I was just guessing."

[/html]
[html]

I'll be waiting.

She watched Jasper, curiously. He seemed to sink back into himself after Ryan spoke, and she wondered about him. Was he a part of Inferni? They had seemed to be big about intruders here, so she automatically assumed he must have been a member (otherwise wouldn't he have been thrown out by now?). But this nervousness made her want to second guess. Maybe he knew he was somewhere where he shouldn’t be and was afraid Ryan might bring down the iron fist. Too bad she was in no condition to be chasing anyone off.

Something he said caught her attention. Or rather, something he almost said. Ryan could have sworn he had been planning to say that Corona was his sister, but maybe she had misheard. She tried connecting the dots. Corona was the sister of Gabriel, Inferni’s leader. And Gabriel and Anselm were cousins. And if what Ryan thought Jasper was about to say was true, then that would mean that they were related; and that he most definitely had to be a de le Poer too.

"Oh," Ryan responded, offering him a smile then. "I was afraid I had met you before and somehow had forgotten your name," she admitted with a sheepish grin. "But that makes sense." She always forgot to think that her clothing stood out. She was so used to it by now. "So you are…?" She asked, wondering if his name might spark some small bit of memory of a past conversation. Maybe she had heard of him before? "Do you live in Inferni too?"

[/html]