turn the page [joining]
[html]

Josiah Ozario
October 3rd, 2004
Luperci
erfect_little_w0rld@yahoo.com">Perfect_little_w0rld@yahoo.com
I don’t get on so it would be a bit of a waste. PM is without a doubt the easiest way to reach me.

”I think this is it, Zor,” the blue-eyed male commented to the white rat he held delicately in his hands. The rat nibbled gently at the gold ring that was tightly fit to his index finger. A gorgeous blue stone was placed directly in the center, cut to the shape of an oval. Josiah scratched the rat beneath its chin, just as it liked so very much and smiled down at it, walking at a slow, even pace towards the mountain that was growing nearer and nearer with each step he took.

Josiah, at three years of age, had been wandering alone for the last two years of his life on a quest for knowledge that he was sure would likely never end. During the time, he had learned a lot about himself and his abilities, things he would use all through his life. He walked now wearing faded blue jeans and a leather belt, his left ear pierced at the top with a silver earring and a crescent moon strategically tattooed over his right eye, a bright yellow color, both of which he had done himself. Around his neck hung a golden cross, a sign of his religion, for Josiah had always been a fairly religious man. Upon his back was a simple backpack, crafted from the same leather that had formed his belt and within it were his books and papers, as well as a few of his other jewelry items.

He’d done well on his own, making a comfortable living for himself and dwelling wherever the unpaved roads had taken him. However, Josiah was now ready to settle down, help others, make a name for himself if he could. He’d met on his travels a young man who he had shared a drink with beside a campfire one night. They had spoken of their ambitions and he had been told of a land called Bleeding Souls, where the wolf had said his great grandmother had spoken of. Josiah decided to investigate, and had headed towards the dull mountain which the male had said was the only landmark he could remember his mother repeatedly speaking of.

Now here he was, hoping to find acceptance upon the pack who he did not confidently know the name of, though he was sure it had something to do with shadows. The rat he held had fallen asleep in his warm hands, likely lulled by the steady pace of the male’s walk. Josiah stopped now, at the borders to take a look around. He stepped a few feet back, not wanting to seem like an intruder of any sort and waited, unsure just how the process of joining a pack went, as the only pack he’d ever belonged to had been the one he’d been born into.

[/html]
I Just have to squeal because I am the proud mommy of 5 boy rats :3

and this is super short, because I hate joining threads! sorry XD

[html]
mall-caps;">this table was touched by Misery

She was now more wary of the borders than she ever had been before. Finding Phoenix there, hearing him speak, she realized that she had a different opinion than many of the creatures in the lands. Maybe it was a good thing, or maybe it was bad. Either way, she had to be more careful about the types of creatures she let walk her lands, and the types of creatures that she associated with.

Rounding a corner of the borders, she spotted a wolf with his hands together, something white and small was curled up in it. Curiously she approached, silent as a mouse. "Its adorable!" She whispered softly, seeing it was asleep. "Are you here looking for someone or something?" She asked, voice lifting just a bit. The little thing wouldn't mind, surely.

[/html]
Aww, I've got one myself which is why I chose one for Josiah. xP And short is fine!

[html]
mall-caps;">ONE

Josiah was not left at the borders for long. However, he couldn’t deny his being surprised by the quick arrival of whom he could only assume was a wolf of worthy rank in the pack. She was a pretty gal who arrived with her eyes on Zor. Josiah had found that Zor was a good way to make conversation with someone new, and was glad that the pack member, or leader, for all he knew, was not frightened or disgusted by his presence, as he feared could lead to his not being accepted into the pack.

”His name is Zor,” he offered with a smile directed at the lady, petting him with his free index finger. At her second question, he did not reply right away, pondering just how to go about presenting his desires. Finally, he settled on what he figured would be as acceptable a way as any and offered confidently, ”As a matter of fact, I am,” he paused to smile, a sparkle in his eye, before continuing, "I was told that this was the land of a pack while on my two year travels and have decided to settle down. If I am permitted, I would love to take up residence here.”

Josiah had always been comfortable speaking with others, despite his status as a loner for the past two years of his life. He enjoyed good company and meeting people, all of whom were never the same. It intrigued him, and he hoped that settling down would allow more time for chats and making permanent relationships with those around him.

[/html]
Hehe :3 I love my boys, I dont know what I'd do without them! What's your baby's name?

[html]

She cooed gently, reaching out a finger to trail it down the slumbering rodent's body. Her eyes fitted between the owner and the being, wondering if that was correct, wondering if it was even OK. She had never been afraid of animals before....only the powers that some of them held. "Zor.." She repeated, memorizing the name easily. It sounded like Vorr, the family member of Savlaged's who had taken up residence with them oh so long ago. When he spoke, she turned her gaze up towards him, liking the confidence in his voice as he began. She hated when a joiner was scared or skittish, you went through the joining process hoping to sell yourself into the pack, not to receive a place to stay out of pity. "This pack is called Jaded Shadows, and I am one of it's two Alphas. My name is Fatin." She said, a smile on her face.

She was glad that they were receiving members, as winter was upon them it was always her fear that they might be consumed by the weather and perish without a hint or trace. It was an irrational fear, but a very real one in the amber haired female's head. "We certainly have the room; we have a large space for our pack. I only have a few questions, if you wouldn't mind answering them. First, what's your name? And maybe a bit about your history....especially how you found Zor!" She paused in her little list, grinning down at the figure, "Next, what sort of skills do you pride yourself for having? And what faults do you have that you are trying to overcome? And last, what could you teach our pack, since we have young children here who are very eager to learn." Oh, but they were! Constantly asking questions, constantly seeking information. She was glad, so very glad they did, but sometimes she wished there was someone else around to field the questions too.

[/html]
His name is Tico. xP What are all the names of yours?

GAH, sorry that is so long, I didn't mean for it to be like that. =/

[html]
mall-caps;">ONE

Josiah smiled as she reached out to touch Zor, his small white body stirring a bit as she did. Zor was trained well, usually comfortable around those that he did not know, but as always very bonded to his owner and easily protective of him. Of course, Josiah welcomed who wished to associate themselves with his pet to do so, for all the joys Josiah got out of Zor, he was willing to share.

She declared the pack to be named Jaded Shadows and immediately it registered as familiar in the dark male’s mind. She was an Alpha here by the name of Fatin, so she said, and Josiah had no reason to question her words. He was happy to see that she was very welcoming towards he and his pet, something Josiah had been unsure of when he’d sought to join a pack, thinking that perhaps the Alphas would be strict and unkind, which was not so for Fatin.

When she spoke again, Josiah listened patiently, soaking up the information that she would require of him. The first was the easiest of them all and he would gladly provide it. ”My name is Josiah Ozario,” he said with a smile before continuing, ”As for my history, well, I suppose I could tie in my skills with it, if you wouldn’t mind?” With that, he took a breath and spoke of his tale, ”I was born to a pack in the North, where my parents joined only to provide a home for my siblings and I, so that we would have a better chance of survival. I lived there for a year, but grew restless with the familiarity of it all, as some do with young age and their first real sense of independence,” he paused to glance at her with his blue eyes, hoping she would understand what he’d meant by the statement before he returned to the conversation, "So I left. I traveled for two years on my own and I would take up all of your time if I was to explain all that happened to me. While I was away, I learned to read and write, which I suppose could be of use, as well as my favorite two skills,” he paused to smile, more to himself than to her, before continuing, "I learned to make jewelry, and all that you see upon me I created myself. Gold, silver, anything, I can make it, I’m quite handy at it, if I do say so myself. It was when I was trading my jewelry that I came upon Zor. He was very young and when I saw him, I fell in love. I traded a diamond ring for him, and I still think that I got the better end of the deal,” he said, smiling down at his pet. ”The other goes along with it, I suppose. I can do piercings, such as the one in my ear and tattoos, such as the one around my eye,” he stated, referring to the yellow crescent moon upon his eye.

color:#5C85A2;”>”Aside from that, I am capable in all of your basic requirements such as hunting and the like. As for faults, I’m afraid that I was never taught the basic ways of fighting, as I’m a generally peaceful man, so I am trying to acquire the ability to fight well. With time, I assure you I could learn. I could teach your children to read and write and hunt of course. I could also teach the art of tattooing and jewelry, if they show interest.” With that, he fell silent, hoping that he hadn’t talked her ear off, a skill he had not mentioned. He smiled now, awaiting her words.

[/html]
OH GODS WALL OF TEXT XD it's perfectly fine!

My oldest boy is a dumbo named Elton, then comes the two black hooded brothers Renaissance and Ninja, then comes the grey boy Farren with the white underbelly and eyebrows, and last my little dumbo Saxon :3

[html]

She listened intently, memorizing his name and the facts of his life. With each of his skills that he pointed out, she was quick to find what he was talking about on his body. What better way to sell his talents than to proudly wear them? Grinning lightly as he mentioned tattooing she moved some of the fur away from her chest, revealing the tattoo in gold of her family's crest directly above her heart. "My family is full of artists....I'm pretty decent at sewing and drawing....my native tongue is French, and I learned to read and write in both French and English." She said with a smile. It was nice to find someone who knew a little about what she enjoyed! He went on, even going so far as to say he'd teach the kids if they wanted to learn. She nodded gratefully, knowing that some of them would love it, others might not care as much.

"I'd say you made a fair trade!" She grinned, looking down at Zor again before she returned her gaze to his blue eyes. "We dont have many around here that know how to do tattoos, or to weave metals. I might have to pester you for something, at some point!" She added, her eyes training on the artifacts he wore. "You'll start at Subordinate, and work up from there. I can show you around if you'd like- we have a unique set up of our pack's territory." She explained. Their cavern was unlike anything she'd seen in the other packs, Syemv and it's house aside.
[/html]
Aww, they sounds adorable. (: Andd, thanks for the quick replies!

[html]
mall-caps;">ONE

Josiah waited quietly and was taken aback as her fingers went to her chest. When she had finished and Josiah could see what she had been doing, he smiled and took a step towards it. He thought to reach out and touch it, a habit he had when he saw any tattoos, but the combined issue of Zor taking up both of his hands and the fact that she might find it to be disrespectful kept him still, though his eyes remained on it until she spoke, where he met her eyes and listened with interest. ”Ah, it seems that you and I would get along well,” he offered, smiling, hoping that perhaps she could teach him some French, as Josiah was always willing to learn something new. Though he would save the request for a later time.

At her next words, Josiah was pleased. It was good to know that he would bring something unique to the pack and at her words of pestering him for something, he smiled brightly before exclaiming, ”Of course! Don’t hesitate to ask me for anything, I’d be happy to provide!” Josiah listened to her next words, which he took as a sign that he was officially a member of the pack. Her offer to show him around was one that he would take her up on. ”Thank you, Fatin. It all sounds wonderful. And I’d love for you to show me around, if you’re not too busy,” he added, not wanting to sound too demanding.

[/html]
[html]
Welcome to Bleeding Souls!

Hey, welcome to Bleeding Souls. You've just joined the craziest bunch of wolf roleplayers on the vast internet. If you haven't done so already, you should check out the RP Guide for detailed information about our werewolves and other general role playing information.

Now that you're accepted, you need to do two things:

___1. Make your first IC post within five days.

___2. Update the postlog at the very bottom of your profile according to the threads you're in.

You can also start saving up Word of the Day points toward titles and icons and cool stuff. Check out the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for people looking to roleplay. You can post random out of character chat in the OOC Garbage with us, too.

[/html]
[html]

After the official acceptance was made, Fatin gave him essentially the same tour she had given Valentine. She started with a small trip through the most heavily occupied areas, including the pack's caverns, and then made a small trip into the more secluded areas, like her own private valley. "We are a really tight knit group I'd say. This is about the only place I go to be alone.....since not many people know about it. My garden's here, it's where I grow the herbs I use to heal. Other than that, most of the pack can be found in the caverns, where we all live. It's really nice here I'd say - there is no other pack like it!" At this, she beamed with pride. "The Alpha before me, Mordulin, lead this pack for longer than I've been around....and this autumn was four years. She was a rock, and a wonderful being. I can only hope that my partner and I will live up to the legacy she left behind." Suddenly, it dawned on her that she had failed to explain her unusual situation with Tayui. "There are two Alpha's here. Myself, and another female named Tayui. She is white, with dual colored eyes. You'll know her when you see her, I'd imagine!" After all, very few beings looked quite like Tayui did.

From there, they made more small talk as they returned to the caverns. She was unsure of where he might be able to keep Zor safe, and it became her primary concern. Maybe it would be good to investigate the library, see if she couldn't find something about rat pets. Maybe, if she was lucky, she might even be able to find one of her own! The pair parted ways as they returned to the main entrance, Fatin pointing out the single's quarters as she retreated to her own home. "And again, welcome to Jaded Shadows."
[/html]