Screaming Hallelujah
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... able-1.png);background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;">

Her nose wasn't all that good, but Inferni's border was definitely recognizable. She could always tell that she was still within the borderline by looking for the floating heads. At least, that was what she had thought that they were at first. From a distance, it had seemed like the wolf heads were just floating up there in the air; she'd had to get much closer before she had been able to see the truth, that they were stuck up on sticks. But in her mind she still called them that, the floating heads. She didn't question why they were there, accepting that the heads were just a part of the lands here. Ezekiel had wanted to come back here to live...so he probably liked the heads. They were a part of his home.

She walked along below the heads, heading toward the beach area. Today was a little warmer than usual, and she had made a head of her own out of snow. It looked a lot like one of the heads that was up on the sticks, but made completely out of snow. She'd used rocks for the eyes and had found a nice big seashell to put on at the end of its muzzle for a nose. She didn't have a stick, though. When she reached the beach she put the head down, looking down the coastline. Aha! There! She could see one in the distance, being pulled back and forth out of the water. It took her a few minutes but she had it within her grasp, and she started back toward her snow-wolf head with it.

[/html]
[html]

Gabriel had taken to training his son in Anselm’s presence. They had spent the morning on all fours, with Gabriel instructing him on using his speed over strength. This had not been faulty advice; his father was built like a wolf, and had more weight on him because of this. Several times over Zeke had hit the ground and been reeling, but by the end of it his aching muscles told him it was worth it. On top of that, any time with his father was valued. They had managed to take down a small doe when finished, using a combination of his father’s tactics and his bow and arrow, and eaten enough to counter the amount of energy they had burnt off.

Now, with the bow and quiver of arrows around his back and a deer leg hooked over one arm, the coyote-hybrid was heading down to the shore. He had spotted the white figure against the shore, which was more windswept the any other part of the waste, and was glad for it. She was clearly involved in something, and he was smiling long before he reached her.
“Hey! I brought you some food. What are you working on?” He asked, closing the distance between them and swinging the leg down from his shoulder.

[/html]
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... able-1.png);background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;">

She sat down next to the head, looking at it and at the stick. How did they get those heads up there on the sticks? She examined the head from a few different angles, deciding that the stick had to go in from the bottom. She lifted up the head with one hand and the stick with the other, shoving it up through the ball of snow. It went too far in, sticking up through the top, and she had to pull the head up a bit to get it in the right place. There! She patted down the top, covering up the hole. Now it was perfect.

She hadn't even realized how hungry she was until Ezekiel came with the meat. Her stomach felt so empty! She waved at him when she saw him coming, lifting her head-on-a-stick up. "Siobhan found this stick and she thought that she would make a floating head for the borders! Do you want to help me?"After they ate, of course. "Has you eaten yet? Want to share?"
[/html]
[html]

“It’s all yours,” he laughed, and brushed the loose hair off on his legs. Eyeing her project with mild amusement, the yellow-eyed boy found himself pleased she was doing so much to fit in. Inferni had always carried these skulls, for as long as he could remember, and they gave him a mild sense of comfort. It would scare away those who sought ill against their family. Psychological warfare. Mind and the body.

Winking at her, as he often did, the de le Poer boy took the stick from her so that it would be easier for her to eat. “Where do you want to put it?”

[/html]
[html]

She wanted to try and help the clan out somehow, and making the head made her feel like she was helping a little bit. She didn't know about the war between the wolves and the coyotes and that or that there was still some remaining tension between them. There was something that she had been wondering, though, a fact that a wolf named Adelaida had told her. That coyotes killed wolves. Was it that way everywhere? Before meeting Ezekiel she hadn't even know that there was such a creature as a wolf.

Siobhan began to eat, pointing toward the line of stakes when he asked her where to put it at. She wanted it to be up beside all the others. After a little while she took a break from the meal, setting the meat down on the sand for a moment. "Zeke...I hear'd something the other day. From a wolf. She said that coyotes like to kill wolves. And we has these heads...is it true? I...doesn't want to kill any wolves" She thought about what she was saying, phrasing it carefully. "Has you killed a wolf?"
[/html]
[html]

The skulls broke the border along the miles, though there were not as many here as he remembered before. It was her words that made his eyes darken, swallowing the light around them. “Siobhan, coyotes don’t just kill wolves. Wolves attack and kill coyotes too. My dad said that these skulls are to tell the bad people to stay out.” Shifting his weight and cracking his shoulder with a twist, the boy smiled easily. “I haven’t killed anyone. You don’t have to kill anyone either. But you shouldn’t forget that if anyone tries to hurt you that you need to fight back. I’m going to try and protect you, but I can’t always be there.”

[/html]
[html]

What Adelaida had told her had made her a little unsure. She didn't know who to believe--Ezekiel, who she knew and trusted, or this new wolf. At first, Adelaida hadn't been very friendly to her, either...she had almost left because she had felt like the wolf hadn't wanted to talk to her or be around her. But they had ended up having a conversation, and had spoken about those things. "Okay, Zeke."

There was something that she didn't understand, though. She and Zeke were always together--he would always protect her. So why was he saying that? "Why? Why can't you?"

[/html]
[html]

The boy smiled to reassure her, but knew that in part it would be futile. “Well, you and I are going to get ranks soon, and have jobs to do. If we’re not together then you’re gonna have to be able to stay safe.” A gull, wheeling, cracked out gibberish and squawked angrily at the two coyotes. The impulse to strike the bird down came, but Ezekiel elected not to waste the energy on such a thing.
     “But now that we’re home you’ll be able to eat right and get bigger,” he added, smiling. “And we’ll make sure you know how to protect yourself.”
[/html]
[html]

She had never been in a pack or a clan before, so she wasn't sure what he was talking about. What kinds of duties would Gabriel give her? She didn't know what she could do, or what she was good at. Would she need to learn new things so that she could be more useful? Siobhan was glad that he had brought her here and would stay with him...but she would need a little help every once in a while with some of these new things.

"Ok, Zeke. You would teach Siobhan how to fight?" She asked. "Who teached you to?" Physically, she was at the age where most coyotes would be taking care of themselves...but mentally she was very far behind. She hadn't had a very stimulating environment as a pup, and now was having many new creatures and experiences thrown at her at once.

[/html]
[html]

“My god-uncle and my dad,” he stated proudly. Both were remarkable in those aspects, though Tristan was perhaps more rounded. His father spent nearly all of his time four-legged, and his fighting style reflected this. Despite the wolfish build, though, Gabriel fought very much like a coyote—which he often attributed to his mother, whom Ezekiel knew only through words. If he ever found his famed grandmother (were she not dead all ready) he imagined she would be something remarkable.
     Terrible, but remarkable. “I teach you, yeah. Hopefully you won’t have to fight anyone, but it’ll be safer this way.” In his heart, he knew one day she would. The law of the jungle still held sway, and in this place, it was a known fact that violence was just a doorstep away.
[/html]
[html]

She wasn't sure how good she would be at fighting, really. She had never won against her mother when she had tried to argue with her or disagree about something. But then, her mother had been much, much bigger than her. Ezekiel was bigger than Annei, though, by far. Maybe that was how he had convinced her mother to let her go. First Annei had been chasing Siobhan out...and then Zeke had come and tried to take her, and Annei hadn't wanted that, for some reason.

"But I is too small to fight" She said, frowning. "I will get beated." Siobhan didn't want to be put through all of that if she wasn't going to be able to defend herself.

[/html]
[html]
End with your post? And expect a PM to your Naniko account. :]

He smiled in that peculiar, tow-headed way, but his eyes were mirthless. “Size isn’t everything,” he said, and then laughed and shook his head. “But if you don’t wanna fight then you run. I just don’t want you to get hurt.” Not after everything he had done to get her here. Not after everything that he had risked.
     “Come on,” he said suddenly, rubbing the top of her head with one hand. “I’ll race you home.”
[/html]
[html]
ooc talk

She liked the idea of running away. She could run and find Ezekiel, and tell him all about it. Or Gabriel, maybe. Siobhan would try to fight if she could, but she wasn't expecting much to come of her training...she was small, and that was just how things were. She could be quick, though, and evade the aggressor! That would work. "Okay, Zeke. I will run away...and find you!" She said, tail waving along the ground behind her.

At his next words the girl was off, running back toward the den. Hopefully no one else would be home, and they would be able to have some more time to talk.

[/html]