I conduct a symphony of sound
[html]

The water here wasn't so bad. From what Ember knew about the oceans, they were slightly warmer in the winter time and cooler in the summer. They followed the patterns of the lands next to them, but had a lag to them; they were behind, a bit. She slapped the water with her hand, waiting. This was the place that she normally met her friend Utriu, but sometimes he wasn't around. Slapping the water was their signal. She would sit at the log by the water's edge and slap it for an hour, sometimes, before he would come.

Luckily, she already had a fire going. It was mid-morning, and the sun made the bay sparkle like a thousand tiny diamonds. Each time she slapped it the nearest glimmers went away for a little while, coming back as the water resettled.

It was clear out, with no snow or rain, and she could see the giant beast approach from the depths very easily from where she sat. She wasn't sure what it was about this animal that she liked so much, or what he liked about her, but she'd been seeing him ever since she'd come to AniWaya. Sometimes she would come and spend all day along the coast, searching for treasure or going out into the water. What she really wanted was a floating device, one with paddles. Then she could really hang out with him. She had to stick to the areas of the coast where the waters were the deepest so that he could come up to her.

"Utriu!" She called, waving out to him. His eyes were very small...but she knew that he could see her. His swimming sped up, and soon his large black and white body was bobbing up and down in front of her. It was his way of greeting, she supposed, bobbing his head in and out of the water. The shifted wolf reached down, running her fingers over the slippery skin of the whale. "How are you today? Ya look good. Didn't get into any fights? Me either." He didn't answer, not really, but she pretended that he understood her. He always seemed to.

[/html]
[html]

Rumors said there were ghosts on the island, and that they could be heard howling at night. It was daytime now, though, but the excitement still ruled his mind as he walked around on the small piece of land surrounded by water, red fur dark with water from the swim. There was probably an easier way to it than swimming if he'd only looked, but he appreciated a good swim anyways. The winter still lingered and the water had been very cold, though not enough to shock him. It was mild, though, mild enough so he wouldn't freeze, and neither did the water. It'd take a lot colder weather to have ice floating on the surface of the ocean. Lakes were a wholly different matter. Turning around a little hill Dawali spotted a dark figure against the scenery surrounding him. Was it..Ember? It was! Somehow he'd missed her scent, but now that he thought about it was easily noticeable. And it seemed as if she had company. Was the woman ever alone? At least she was talking to someone, because he heard her voice vaguely, carried on the wind. Walking closer (despite not really appreciating making a fool out of himself time after time she was still a pack member. And why shouldn't he attempt to create friendships? After all, he was co-leader.), he saw that she was facing the water. Was her and a friend taking a swim or something? But he could see no other wolf, and she seemed to be talking to the water. Perhaps he wasn't the only odd soul in the tribe, then. Walking closer, reaching a distance where he knew she would hear him talk in a normal volume, he tried to get her attention. Hiya, Ember. You're everywhere these days.

Awesome sexy table by Kat! Big Grin

[/html]
[html]
Haha. I just thought of something. "Ember. She's everywhere you want to be." that's the slogan to Visa credit cards ^^

The swim to the small island was difficult some days, but she was determined to see Utriu more than once or twice a week. And she knew that the only way that her arm was going to get its strength back was if she used it a lot. Swimming was a great exercise for it. She didn't have much else to do other than exercise and go out to see the whale, not with Tayui out of commission. Being a mother had to be hard work; every time Ember came in the white wolf seemed tired. A few days before, she'd gone hunting for boar with Bane and had brought back a sizable chunk for her previous caretaker.

Tayui had been the one to find her and pull Hybrid off of her, and she'd slowly shown her that life could be worth living again. Before, she had mostly only spoken with and hung around her mate, Khaden, when they had both lived in Esper Hollow. She didn't know where he'd gone or why he had left her without warning. Ember expected that he might be back someday, though. Wolves had a way of showing back up if one were to wait long enough. At least, she hoped that he might. She hadn't quite given up yet.

She had caught some fish earlier that day and had them on a line near the water. It probably helped her and Utriu's relationship that she brought them; he seemed to like them very much. These were ones that she had caught in rabbit lake, freshwater fish that the beast hadn't gotten to try yet.

She was pulling back to yank a fish off the line when she saw Dawali, and she waved back at him. She wasn't sure how she felt about him being on the island (it wasn't -her- island), but she'd always felt that this was a special spot for her. Maybe she would have to re-think things, and find a place closer to the coast of the mainland. Ember didn't know how much of what she was doing was normal, or what he might think of her trying to talk to a whale so she motioned for Utriu to go back underwater, slipping a fish off the line and tossing it behind her into the surf.

"Ah...hello. I do come here a lot--the swim over is always nice. You come here often?"If this wasn't the only place that she knew of where the water was deep enough, she would head off someplace else. It wasn't that she didn't want to talk to him, just that she wasn't sure if it was alright to be speaking to the sea creatures. What if it got around that she spoke to animals? She didn't know how normal it was, or that most of the others in the pack did it as well. "Sorry if I'm gettin' in the middle of your alone time"

[/html]
[html]

As he came closer the femme waved at him and then bent down towards the ground for a second. Still moving towards her, since she seemed to want to speak, she soon popped back into his view, tossing something into the water in front of her. .. A fish? Could be. Perhaps she was fishing and decided to let that one go. He didn't see any fishing equipment though, just already dead fish on a line on the ground as he got closer. Freshwater fish at that. Dawali had done a bit of fishing himself, it was easy food, and thus he knew what some of the species looked like. The action puzzled him, to be honest, but he supposed she had a good reason for bringing fresh water fish and tossing it into the ocean. It could also just be her lunch, and one of them had gone bad. Lots of possibilities. Nah I just came here for the first time today. People say it's haunted so I figured I could try a little adventure. . Hah, adventure. As if he hadn't tucked his tail between his legs and ran home at the first sign of anything unnatural. He wasn't the type, and he was rather certain Ember could notice that. He was reserved, and he liked taking care of his everyday things, like the horses, doing his duties as a co-leader and making sure his daughters were ok. But he also enjoyed a trip of exploration every now and then and the place and its rumors had caught his interest. He didn't believe in ghosts, despite the fact that he had great knowledge of the spirit guides. But they weren't ghosts per se. The word ghost had a sort of.. negative taste to it, whereas the spirits were good. Except perhaps Gvihita, he thought with a mental chuckle. So no, not interrupting anything at all. Am I interrupting your lunch, though? So far so good, he hadn't made an ass out of himself yet. He would eventually, but not yet. Good stuff, but his mind was not settled.

Awesome sexy table and avatar by Kat! Big Grin

[/html]
[html]
It's a little hard to tell what's text and what's dialog ^^;

She figured that she ought to explain at least a little bit of what she was doing all the way out here, by herself. It wasn't anything bad...at least, she didn't think that it was. But did they approve of this kind of thing? Ember had been in many different pack over the years, and each one had different rules about it. She didn't really know the rules that AniWaya had, yet. "Nope. You're not interrupting either. So it's good...that we're not interrupting each other."

Oh no. That was probably a stupid thing to say. She was supposed to be proving herself to the leaders, but every time she saw Dawali she felt like she was going to mess it up and say something wrong. Ember didn't know many wolves very well, especially not the ones in AniWaya. It had been a while since she'd had to talk to someone new, someone who she hadn't already met or who she wasn't related to in one way or another...and she wasn't sure how to go about it.

"I was here...well, I was visiting someone. Do you ever...it might sound silly. But do you ever talk to animals? I found this creature who I really like, and I visit him a lot here on the island. This is actually his lunch here--some freshwater fish from the pond in Crimson Dreams." She admitted. "I should have brought some back for AniWaya--but I can go and get more. My friend--he eats a lot." She had the feeling that the amount of fish that she brought with her was just barely a snack for the whale. As if he were reading her thoughts, the beast rose up out of the water behind her, sticking his head up over the edge. Maybe he was looking for more fish...or maybe he could tell that he was being spoken about.

[/html]
[html]

Ah you use IE? Because, ironically, my speech coding doesn't work in IE, and yours doesn't work in Firefox! xD -checks it out-
Edit: For some stupid reason, bold doesn't work in this table in IE. Weird. I changed my speech to colored speech. For your speech coding to work in Firefox, you need to throw in a # in front of the color code, otherwise firefox won't display it Smile so your speech code'd be: [font color="#a38c7c"] just with proper tags Smile

The mystery was solved. So they were for her friend? The male was about to ask exactly what this friend was, but suddenly a whale's head tipped out of the water, eyes looking at them as if interested. Startled, the male took a step back. The thing was huge! He couldn't believe such a being would come all the way over here, so close to them on the shore. But obviously Ember had seen him before, and perhaps he had grown accustomed to her. Wow! Two yellow eyes looked at the creature, puzzled, and he could easily see why Ember would be fascinated by the beast. He - or at least Dawali assumed it was a he, he looked kind of he'ish - seemed so intelligent, as if he knew very well what was going on, and was simply bobbing his head up above the surface as if to say "Yes? Talking about me are ya?" Carefully, Dawali took a few steps forward again, and sat down on one knee so he could see even better. Was he not dangerous? Certainly, he could be if he wanted. Suddenly, a chill traveled up the male's spine when he thought about his swim back, hoping there weren't many more of this kind around, and hoping they didn't consider wolves a delightful meal. This one seemed very safe though. His nervousness regarding a female's presence was blown away, and his focus was the fascination he suddenly felt for the mighty fish. That's... amazing! Standing up again, looking at Ember, he smiled, quite relaxed. I can see why you're fascinated, I've never seen one like this before. Frankly he hadn't been out along the shore much in his life anyways, crops and the like grew well inland, where the weather and winds were milder. His mind made a note about telling Ember a secret of the tribe: low speech. They were all taught it, and thus they tended to speak to animals if they wished to do so. The little ones had much knowledge, really, if one was just interested enough to listen. But he doubted whether this guy would understand it.

[/html]
[html]
I love this thread! Big Grin You make Dawali really interesting. And I just switched to Firefox Big GrinD So things should look better to both of us soon XD The next table I make I'll have to be careful. :x This one looks weird in Firefox.

The whale seemed surprised by the outburst and sank down a couple of inches, turning his head to look at the two wolves. His eye swiveled from Ember to Dawali, then back to Ember. "His name is Utriu. Or...that's what I named him, I guess. So it might not really be his name." What was his name in whale language? She wasn't sure. Ember could speak to the lower animals [it was something that she had learned while a part of Storm], but talking to Utriu was different. It was more about how she felt, or how she acted. They didn't have to talk in words.

"I didn't know what he was at first, just some big scary thing with teeth...so I looked it up at the library. He's a killer whale! Still sounds kind of scary, but he's not bad. He's just hungry." He did tend to get testy when he was hungry. Ember had never actually seen him eat any of the fish that she had thrown to him, of course, but she assumed that he was eating them. He always seemed much happier after he was fed.

"What about you? I can catch some more for us, if you want. But you can't tell anyone about my secret hiding spot. I've got a fishing pole here that I made so I could fish without having to swim back and forth with it. And we already have a fire" That didn't sound like too odd of a request to her, getting some food and eating it. It didn't have to be cooked, either, not if he didn't like it that way. Ember ate fish both cooked and uncooked.

[/html]
[html]

Yeah Firefox is great isn't it? Big Grin Ask if you need to know anything about coding in Firefox, I've been using it all along Smile I try to cross-check with IE, but I forgot this time ^^

Dawali found that the interest he felt for this giant.. fish, or - apparently - killer whale, grew for nearly every sentence Ember uttered about him. So she'd named him, and he reacted to her presence... A quick thought fluttered through Dawali's head. What if the big whale could be trained? Most animals that reacted to food-givings or treats, and a given name, were trainable. It was a hilarious thought, for there was nothing one could use him for, except perhaps ride on his back, but it was still fascinating to think about. True, he does look kind of scary. A smile crept up on Dawali's face without him noticing, and he swept his gaze over to the large whale again. And again he was stuck by how intelligent Utriu seemed to be, as if omniscient.
Then again, large as he is, I don't blame him for being hungry!

The woman suggested lunch, and Dawali was up for that. After all, he was male - thus food was always nice. Food was one of these things that he adored. He hadn't eaten much saltwater fish in his life, and frankly he doubted how they would catch any with Utriu sitting there looking at them, probably alerting the fish in the water to go elsewhere, but it could happen! They'd never find out if they didn't try anyways. And his fur was soggy still, salt in the water starting to itch and dry up, making him long for a tree or something to rub himself up against. So the fire was looking very attractive. You know, that sounds great, Ember. And don't worry, the island and the big whale is a secret, I promise. Oddly enough, he was feeling very comfortable now. Perhaps because Ember had already done more than one thing that he had never seen before, and thus he was not as afraid to be seen as odd. Her behavior was moving away from what was normal - but not really by much - but then he wasn't worried about her getting the wrong image of him anymore. Hell, she could even be his friend if she wanted. It was strange, because he never felt comfortable with a female around. Perhaps he was growing old. Bending down and reaching for one of the fishes on the ground, Dawali motioned with his head that he intended to pick one up and throw it to Utriu, but looked to Ember first. It was her fish, not his. May I?

[/html]
[html]

She didn't know what to expect from Dawali sometimes, but so far she felt that things were going well. It had been a while since she had been in a pack that wasn't led by one of her family members, and she found that refreshing. There was a level of discovery and mystery that she could have with him that she couldn't have had with someone she'd known her entire life. Ember had her days...but for the most part she enjoyed her solitude. She did have wolves that she could visit if she really wanted to, but if she could find things to do by herself then it would make her equally happy. There were only a few wolves that she sought out with regularity; Naniko, Cercelee, her mother Iskata, and Geneva. Possibly the little pup Mati. Maybe she'd try to find Dawali sometime if they didn't run into each other for a while.

She stepped away from the water, giving the whale a pat on the head. The fish on the ground weren't as fresh as ones that they would be able to catch, so she was fine with giving the rest of them to the beast. For the most part the native saltwater fish didn't mind the whale; they were used to his appearances around this area. So far, he hadn't tried to eat any of them. The large beast normally stuck to very large fish or seals if he could catch them, only taking the fish from Ember because she was offering it. An easy meal! And she seemed happy to bring them to him, too. Utriu opened his mouth expectantly when he saw a hand go near the fish on the ground.

"Yeah! He'll probably eat the rest of those" Ember replied, dusting the sand off of her hands and turning back toward the treeline. She'd put the pole under some leaves beneath one certain tree. She had been able to remember it by the way its branches twisted, all gnarled and dead. Ah!

"Did you want to try your hand at fishing, or tending the fire?" She asked, holding onto the pole in the middle so that the hook wouldn't swing in the air. A flyaway hook wasn't a laughing matter.

[/html]
[html]

The dark dame approved of his suggestion, and smiling, Dawali grabbed a fish with his already outstretched hand, stood up and tossed it at the great whale. It didn't look as if Utriu reacted to the gesture, and for a few seconds after the splash of the fish landing, he didn't move, although his eyes did. Then came a sharp movement, not large, but it was there, and Dawali assumed the fish had been consumed. As he watched the beast more, he could see some of the outline of the great body underwater, and he quickly concluded that he didn't want anything to do with him should he have a bad day. A massive creature, and with markings that were quite original, Dawali thought. The black and white was clear as day, as if someone had reached down and and painted them on with as sharp lines as they possibly could. Some of the white around his mouth even made him look as if the great fish was smiling, but he didn't seem comfortable lifting his head that high into the air, so it wasn't visible much. Quite understandable, as he was an inhabitant of the wet element, and not land. Turning back to Ember, Dawali was very excited about the creature, although remained calm, still with a smile on his face.

When presented with the question, Dawali felt a heat reach his face. He did not blush fully, but a slight stress of his muscles, perhaps, would be the way to describe it. Suddenly shy, he did not know how to answer her. Fishing or tending the fire? The fire was easy, and since he was the one sort of intruding on her, he would very much like to contribute more than the simple task of feeding material to the flames. However, she was holding a device which he did not know how to work, and he was truly uncertain about how it could even catch fish. One arm was lifted, elbow pointing to the skies as he scratched the back of his neck, looking at the pole uncertainly. Ehm... And suddenly he did not feel as natural anymore. He'd always been like that. If he found something to focus on, a task or something like that, he didn't feel as uncomfortable, but when the situation became reduced to simply being social, all his clumsiness and uncertainty was consuming him again. Oh why couldn't everyone just be male? It'd be so much easier, except for love relationships. But he had no need for one of that kind right now, so that settled itself rather nicely. Giving up trying to find a solution to his problem, Dawali visibly released his tension, arm racing down again to hang at his side, and both shoulders racing downwards as he sighed. He wasn't even aware of how he'd raised the shoulders, but he found that if he got stressed, they did it by themselves. Looking at the femme apologetically, he vaguely motioned towards the device and tried to explain. I... don't know how to use that.. stick there. A dashing choice of words. He had always been terrific like that.. We've just always used nets.

[/html]
[html]

The wolf hadn't considered the idea of using a net to catch fish. Not in this area, anyway. The places that she had to go to so that Utriu could come up beside her were very deep, and she wasn't sure how to go about catching fish with a net in those kinds of waters. How could she drag it? She could bring a net over from the other land mass, maybe, and try catching some fish where the water was more shallow. Fish were smart, but not smart enough to evade a net like that.

"I can't believe I didn't think of that!" She said, standing still so that the hook wouldn't swing back and forth. "Next time one of us comes out here, we should bring one and leave it here. I was thinking of spending more time here once it gets a little warmer...and that'd be a good way to get food. I don't mean that I'd leave AniWaya, or anything like that--this would just be a hangout spot. One Tay's pups wouldn't be able to follow me too, I think." She was already expecting to be assigned some babysitting duties. For Tayui, she would brave her fear of puppies.

"Do you want to learn? How to use a fishing rod, I mean?" She asked suddenly, stepping forward. "It's kind of slow, doin' it this way...but it's the only way I really know. I think the water around here is too deep to run a net through. I'd fall in" Maybe they could both throw some sticks on the fire, then head for the water.

[/html]
[html]

Luckily, his tension was relieved when she did not look down on him for not being able to use the fishing device. He still felt foolish, however, especially since traditionally, the higher ranked you were the more experience and knowledge you had. And right now a lower ranked member was better than him at fishing - something he'd done all his life. Fishing in lakes, however, but still. His arm went back up again, scratching his neck as he considered her offer. Yeah true, they could bring one. The only problem was they'd probably need more than just one person to man it when the water was so deep as here. Though it'd probably be effective. They could leave it here in case they ran into each other again. Suddenly, Dawali realized, they were sounding as if they were agreeing on meeting here again. Agreeing on things, and he wasn't even noticing! Oh, females. Their twisting of words. He didn't mean it in a bad way, just more of a oh-why-do-I-always-mess-myself-up-way. Nothing against Ember, either. He just knew that he'd not be able to go without making a fool of himself. Then again, the whale was pretty cool, and he really should learn to get along with females at some point. Subconsciously he could nearly hear Gvihita chuckling in his ear at his awkward position, though she'd taken off. Yeah... I guess. Sceptical, he looked out to the area of water Utriu was keeping himself afloat in. We'd need a two-man net, at least. I knew how to tie them, once. Can see if I figure it out. Awkwardly, the male looked to Ember, and wondered whether she knew that they both had just agreed on fishing together, seemingly regularly as well. And since he was on a row and had already put one foot in crap, he might as well jump in with his full body, yeah? Pointing vaguely at the fishing rod, Dawali smiled oddly, and nodded as he spoke. Learning how to use that.. device would probably be.. handy, even if it's slow. He didn't really agree, since a net was faster and smaller to bring along, but secretly she had poked some of his man-pride, and he needed to know this piece of human mystery now. Because she did. And that was that.

[/html]
[html]

She almost opened her mouth to tell him that it wasn't a hard device to use, but kept it firmly closed. Maybe he'd think that it was hard once he tried it. She had been taught how to use the rod at a really young age, and she was more used to it. A cold wind swept by her, making her wet hands feel a little bit colder than the rest of her. She rubbed them together and stepped a little closer to the fire, putting her hands near it. "I've never used a two-man one before...so you'd have to teach me that. It'll be an exchange." She wasn't partial to sharing the island with someone else, but if she had to then she supposed that it was good that it was Dawali and not someone else.

"It's a pretty useful device, if there's only one of you and the water's deep. You just take some bait and put it on the hook, then lower the hook down into the water. If a fish grabs at the bait, then you yank the rod up so that the hook will catch on the inside of its mouth...and pull it up." She walked toward the line of fish, reaching down for one. "Sometimes if you use a little fish, like a couple of these are, you can catch a really big one." She shoved the hook through the fish's body, then offered the rod to Dawali.

[/html]
[html]

As Ember presented the cons and pro's of the device, Dawali found himself nodding, yellow eyes keenly eying the pole with a thin line attached to it. The method seemed simple enough in theory, but how it felt in practice was something else. Though of course, being male with his silly pride and everything, nothing would make him back down now. It had nothing to do with Ember being female, really, because he didn't look down upon or felt like he had to prove himself to females. Most of the time they were the ones that made him feel uncertainty, so obviously he wasn't negative towards them; seemingly frightened would be a better way to pinpoint it. He would have taken this challenge just the same had Ember been male, simply because he had been presented to something he didn't know, and it was presented in the right way to make him feel as if it was necessary to master it in order not to lose face. He knew that Ember probably wouldn't look down on him if he couldn't master the art of fishing with a stick, but his pride pushed him onward nonetheless.

Well the concept seems easy enough I guess, Dawali muttered, hand again scratching his neck, elbow pointing to the sky. He did this when he felt uncertain, it seemed, though he did not notice it himself. Watching as the femme grabbed one of the smaller fish and with a motion that spoke of experience pinned it to the hook on the end, Dawali was struck by doubt. Exactly how large a fish?! Because while fishing with a net might be strenuous, since the fish were many and heavy, one large fish on that thin line seemed somewhat.. ridiculous to him. It'd never hold that much weight! Images of the sharp hook coming flying back at him as the line broke, biting him in the face, were not very soothing. But ehm.. Are you sure that line there would hold a large saltwater fish? I mean, it looks rather.. weak, if I should put it that way. Again the apologetic shrug and awkward look on his face as he took the pole offered and eyed the line with a fish on the end, Dawali felt that same helplessness as before. Always this feeling when he thought he might be offending a woman. Some women tended to throw themselves into angry fits over things that were meant even as a compliment, and thus every time he threw mild criticism in the direction of a female, that nervousness crept in. Ember seemed like a smart gal though, and he was quite certain she wouldn't get upset by this. But you never knew...

[/html]
[html]
I must be dreaming or we're onto something
http://i38.tinypic.com/6t1ag0.jpg); background-position:bottom; background-repeat: no-repeat; width: 336px; border: 1px solid #000; background-color: #204684;">

ooc:

I must be dreaming or pinch me to waking

Ember didn't consider herself a very good teacher. She was impatient, and got easily frustrated when faced with a challenge that she couldn't immediately overcome. Fishing was something that she had learned when she was much younger...a different wolf. It came easy. Hopefully learning how to use the net would be easy; she wasn't sure if she wanted to show Dawali that side of herself just yet. She tried to keep it in check when she was around others.

"It's stronger than you think" She commented, picking up a few pieces of wood and tossing them onto the fire. She'd gotten many a fish with that rod. "If it breaks, we can head back and look for something else to eat. Deal?" She was pretty hungry, now that she thought about it...but there wasn't much else to do on the island besides fish. They would have to go back to the mainlands to get anything substantial.

Table by Tammi!

[/html]
[html]

Luckily, she did not get him wrong this day, and he heaved in a sigh of relief, but not visibly - inside himself, quietly, the wave rushed over him. Fair enough. Now smiling properly again, without a trace of helplessness or apology, Dawali looked at the pole for a few more moments, judging it over again, before he went closer to the water's edge and lowered the line with the fish on the end into the water. Like this, yeah? He turned he head to look at Ember as he held the device slightly awkwardly with both hands stretched out before him - although why he should be awkward about it, he didn't know. After all it was just like any other stick, only with a fish on a line at the end. Looking at the zero activity below the water, waiting for a moment, he discovered how impatient he was in truth. So I guess this is a patience game, huh? Lunch would be slow today, it seemed.

Magically, as a solution to that thought, Ember presented him with a suggestion which made him increasingly comfortable. In other words, lunch did not depend on how well he ... used this stick to catch fish. There was always another solution, and Ember was apparently flexible. It was all good. So now he just had to catch something, his pride told him, and then they could decide what to do with the something he had caught. It was a good deal altogether. Sounds like a plan. He smiled at her, then immediately turned his gaze back onto the water surface, where rings expanding ever and ever gave away the spot where the line and its bait entered the wet element. The fire crackled increasingly as the twigs and pieces of wood Ember fed it made it blossom, but his mind was a hundred percent focused on the nothingness that seemed to occur with the hook and the fish on it. Weren't the fish hungry yet? It was lunch time, was it not?

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... banner.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
close this soon?

She had fought a lot in the last year or so, so much that she was losing her taste for it. Ember wanted to learn how to fight better, to hone her skills before she tried to take anyone on again. Maybe if she learned some more things about fighting styles and acquired a weapon, she'd actually be able to win one of her matches. She wasn't interested in fighting Hybrid any more like she had once been, but there were other opponents out there.

The dark wolf watched Dawali with curious eyes. He seemed amiable and quiet, a bit like her in a couple of ways. She was more of a thinker than a talker, careful with what she said to others. "You're doing it perfectly." She nodded. "This turned out to be a good day." Ember commented, rubbing her hands together. "We should be friends."

[/html]
[html]

Sure, if you want. The thread is getting old and I'm sort of losing the grip on it anyways. Welcome back though! Smile
Word Count: 395

The woman did not answer his questions directly, but with not answering she confirmed it anyways - a patience game indeed. Nothing happened with the hook in the water, and for every minute that passed Dawali doubted how efficient this could be. Surely it'd be better to just use nets, especially in spring when the fish started to swim upstream? When the fish did not do so, though, it was a wholly different matter, and it was probably as easy to do it like this. It was just so much more.. boring, maybe? Sighing, hoping he had done something wrong which caused the inactivity, he moved the stick a little, having nothing else to do. Ember offered small-talk, and he gave in to that, although he wasn't particularly good at such things. Yeah it's a nice day, or perhaps interesting is a better word. First your friend, and now this whole.. fishing pole business. Something different than every day, but it's very welcome. Turning his head he looked at her and offered her a smile with his sentence. It wasn't so bad now that he had something to do, small-talk. His ease quickly turned to surprise when she uttered a sentence he had not expected, though. They should be friends? Well, naturally, they should be friends, especially as they were in the same tribe. In that sense they were friends already, but Ember would not have said anything if that was what she meant. Yes, perhaps they ought to be friends, properly. Dawali was somewhat of a quiet man, minding his own business, but with a co-leader rank he should know his people. Nodding, he looked at her again and consented. This is true. Although, I'd say we were friends already, Ember, now that we have spent some time together just the two of us. His mind was thoughtful as he spoke, but outwardly his face looked very open. He did not mean to brush her off, because he was ultimately agreeing to her own statement. Afraid that they would be awkward, Dawali quickly added: Nothing is happening with this hook on a line, but I've got some rabbits at my den, and my tummy is growling. We could go back and eat them, if you want. Another smile, Dawali was politeness himself, although not in that uptight, formal way. It was just his person.

[/html]