All that time he was taking her for granted
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... able-1.png);background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;">

She had found a really nice stick this time, one that rivalled all other previously discovered sticks. The shifted youth scratched a few lines into the sand that she stood on, then let the water come up and wash it away again. She had seen something peculliar earlier that day, and now she was back at the beach to see if she could see it again. Some big animal way out there in the water, jumping around. Did animals really live out there? She had been in the water once before...but now she felt more unsure. It was a bit warmer out today, so she could go in. But was that animal still there?

She pushed the stick into the sand as far as she could, feeling it hit something hard. Hmm? Was there something buried here? Siobhan knelt down, starting to dig a little bit. Maybe it was buried treasure! Her white fur was getting dirty, but she didn't mind. She just kept digging.

[/html]
[html]

A cigarette hung loose from her lips and her eyes burned from lack of sleep, but she paced the territory remarkably aimless. Even in the months that she had been there, Corona didn't know it as well as she should have. The places that Anselm had long ago told her about had never been visited and for the most part, she wasn't so sure she would visit them. Borders and the mansion, those were generally the only places she bothered with. As a leader, the borders had to be maintained, those who hung around it either had to be dealt with or greeted, and then just as a member of Inferni she holed away and stayed out of their view most of the time. Reading, cleaning; distractions. She hadn't thought about it much, but after Esper Hollow, she distracted herself constantly.

Those distractions were, of course, to everyone else, things that should have been enjoyed. But in the present moment, she enjoyed nothing. She was tired of winter, tired of the bleakness, tired of the cold, the wind, the snow, whatever else came about. Even the ocean failed to captivate her like it usually did, but it was just as grey as the sky above it. Unlike the digging girl that her eyes had locked onto across the littered, rocky sands, she didn't blend in with winter at all. She was a tarnished gold that had inherited the unafflicted eyes of a family supposed set on destroying itself. She wasn't even really smoking the cigarette; she wasn't a smoker. It was just there, it was a distraction. It took a small effort of concentration.

Still, as the distance curtailed between herself and yet another child that came from God knew where, she found herself pulling the cigarette free from her lips to speak. “Don't be going and getting all wet,” she said firmly, “you'll catch death out here.” Though she wouldn't say it, if the kid did get sick, she'd be hard pressed to care to make her feel better. Which truthfully, wasn't the sort of thing she should have been feeling, but Corona had never sworn to the Hippocratic Oath.

[/html]
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... able-1.png);background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;">

Siobhan was very focused on digging, and didn't notice the other as she approached. She just had to find out what was stuck here in the dirt! She wasn't sure what it would be...maybe something really neat. Or it could end up being a rock, or another stick. Oh well. Then she'd have two sticks! Or a stick and a rock to play with. Back home, she had played with many sticks and rocks.

She was almost all the way down to it when something happened, though. The hole began to fill in with water from underneath, covering up the thing that she was trying to unbury. Not fair at all. She frowned and dug even harder, going into the water and reaching deep down past her elbows through it, searching. Aha! In a few moments she had the object in her grasp, and she pulled it up out of the water, shaking it off.

But what was it? Siobhan looked at it carefully, shaking the water off. A tooth? It was a really big tooth, one gray with age. She was looking at it when she heard the older coyote speak and her head snapped up, red eyes focused. She'd never seen this one before, this Inferni member. Ezekiel hadn't introduced her to anyone except his father Gabriel. "Siobhan has found a tooth! But...now it is getting cold" She answered. She didn't realize that her being wet had anything to do with the sudden temperature change that she was feeling. "Is you knows Ezekiel?" She asked. That was a starting point for a conversation, at least.
[/html]
[html]

It seemed that her words came a little too late; the next few steps and the study of the young girl's shape and rangy limbs revealled that her arms were already wet and discoloured from the sandy water. She did not acknowledge her for several moments, instead became fixated with the tooth that she had pulled from the shoreline instead. And then like a light switch coming on distantly in house at dusk, Corona was met with red eyes and yet another tellatale sign—that disdainful, childish way of talking—that even this child wasn't some random offspring of anyone she knew.

“C'mon, let's go towards the mansion,” she said, gesturing loosely with her hand as she flicked the ash off the end of the cigarette. Turning back towards the general direction of the mansion, she caught Siobhan's question and nodded, waiting for the girl to either follow or not. “Ezekiel's my nephew. His father, Gabriel, is my brother, and I'm his aunt Corona. You're the little girl I heard he brought back here with him.” Where she had heard it though, she didn't really remember. The days had been a jumble of things; one day miserable, another day was bland and boring. She needed the distraction.

[/html]
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... p/06v2.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

She was interested to find out more about Ezekiel and his family. He had wanted both of them to come back here to live, but she didn't know anybody from his family except for him and Gabriel. If there was more of them, then she definitely wanted to meet them all too. He had told her about many, many different coyotes and wolves...it was hard to keep all of their names straight. "I hear'd about you...but just your name. But yes! I came back with Zeke because he said that he wanted to come and live here. I came from far away."

She got up out of the hole, holding onto the tooth with one hand. It was a really nice tooth, and she'd wash it off when she got to the mansion. Siobhan could feel a drop of wetness on her face and she wiped at it, smearing some of the mud across her forehead. "Wazzat in your mouth?" She questioned, hurrying along beside the older female. "It's smokin' like a fire"

[/html]
[html]
“It's a bad habit that you shouldn't get into,” was her curt response, followed by a hand moving to pull the cigarette free. She broke it in half, sending both ends sprawling towards the wet ground without another thought. She couldn't even remember why or when she had started to smoke them, but it didn't matter. It was new and something that even she didn't want to mess with. A distraction where a distraction was needed. Siobhan would fill the void for the time being as they headed towards the mansion. Casting her blue-eyed gaze over the muddy coyote, she continued speaking.

“So how old are you?”
[/html]
[html]

She knew how to start a fire now. It was one of the first things that she had learned upon coming to Inferni. It seemed that everyone knew about fire..about how to start one and keep it going. She hadn't been very good at it at first, but now that she had practiced it she was getting better. She could keep one going all night long if she needed to, depending on what materials she had around her.

Siobhan was pleased to be walking somewhere with somebody else; she hadn't met very many others from Inferni yet. "Siobhan doesn't know. She is not an adult yet...but not a baby" She wasn't sure if there was a word for that. "What is the word?" She frowned, rolling the tooth over and over in her hands. "You are an adult, yes?"

[/html]
[html]
“Yes, I am,” she affirmed with a nod and with an inner cringe. Corona had never really regarded herself as an adult. She had always been younger in some form or fashion to all but two of her living siblings. Kerberos had a few years on her, and Gabriel had a few minutes. He had been the first born son and she had been the first born daughter. Or at least that was how she remembered it being told to her so long ago. “And I suppose I would say you're still a kid. Not a baby, but not an adult either. An adolescent. You can shift, so you're closer to being an adult than you are a child, though.” It was more of an observation than an explanation, but she didn't really know for sure.

Either way, Siobhan was small and that sort of appearance made her seem all the more childish. But coyotes were lithe to begin with, as Corona was in her own right despite having some wolfish angles and features. “Do you like living here?” It was a silly question to ask, but one that seemed right to do. Ezekiel had taken to her, this she knew, but Siobhan seemed to do her own thing. She ran around and had her own little adventures (as all children did). But there were the darker and more shadowy things to be known and found about Inferni and those where the things that Corona preferred to keep out and sight and out of mind until a certain time and place.
[/html]
[html]

She had noticed that there were a lot of mixed creatures in Inferni. Her mother and father had both been full-blooded coyotes, so that was all that she had seen before she'd met Ezekiel. He looked coyote-ish, but a little different. He was a big bigger than her mother had been, if she was remembering things right. In any case, Inferni was a place of new experiences for her. The territory was different from any other place that she'd ever seen in her life.

"Zeke is here." Wherever Ezekiel went, she would follow him. "Why did you come here?" Had everybody come here from different areas, or had some been born here? "Siobhan did not want to stay where her mother lived--there was no food or fires or nice, warm creatures like there are here. She does like it here...very much."

[/html]
[html]
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj31 ... rp/t36.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

_____“I was born here,” she stated, eyeing the canopy of the forest above them as they moved through. “Not here specifically, but Inferni used to be located on the other side of the mountains to our north.” Corona had no idea if Siobhan had ever been told about what had happened, but she figured if the girl had any interest at all in why or how Inferni moved, she would ask. Children were clever and curious in that regard. “And since most of my family is here, I stay here.” Good enough reason, she supposed, and enough to relate to what Siobhan had said. Ezekiel was there for her; Corona had Gabriel. Good enough.

[/html]
[html]
ooc talk

Her mother had said something about lands that were really far away, lands that her father had lived in for a time, but Siobhan had never really thought about it until now. Annei had mentioned something about an Inferno. She wondered if that meant a fire, like she had originally thought, or if it could have meant something else. Inferni...maybe. The lands that her mother had described didn't look anything like these. She had spoken of a few packs, but none of the packs here shared those names.

"Something happened to make you move? But there was Inferni back there, too? Siobhan's mother told her about a place called Inferno...but perhaps she had the name wrong? She meant Inferni? But there was other groups...a Clouded one, and a Jaded one. And one of them was a word that Siobhan has trouble remembering..." She thought about this, continuing to walk. "Mother Annei said that her dad was here. Or there. Voltaire Cavil is Siobhan's grandpa. Did he live there?"

[/html]