chains that bind
He'd heard wind that there was a new pack of sorts past Crimson Dreams, he'd figured that since he was on a mission to find his sibling before someone or something else found her he might as well find his way to these new lands and see if perhaps she'd somehow landed herself in their lands. DaVinci wouldn't put it past the small girl to have made it all the way out here. He shook his head at the idea and just hoped that they'd find her soon, he knew with the weather and the lack of skills she possessed in hunting that she probably wouldn't live long alone.. not to mention if she fell prey to another hunter.

He shook his head at the idea as he approached the fenced in lands that the group had claimed as their own. He watched the empty plain before him for a moment before he slipped under a break in the fence and walked along the inner edge of their lands. He kept an eye out for any small form that might just being his younger adventurious sibling but he knew it was a real chance to find her before finding any of these strangers that had set claim to the fenced in lands. He was beginning to wonder why in the world anyone would need lands that were already bordered by human ways.. but then again he knew a large section of the lands of Phoenix Valley were bordered for their herds.. maybe this pack had some sort of prey they wanted to keep within their lands too.
[html]

http://i472.photobucket.com/albums/rr87 ... rsouls.jpg); background-attach:top center; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-color:#eee;">

Catherine was napping lazily in a thick branch of a pine tree near the tribe's boundaries. Seymour was scouting nearby, so she didn't need to worry. He would come if there was anything. She trusted him enough for that. She was getting bored until Seymour lands on her shoulder, which was still luckly covered with the leather armor, and pushed some of her mane, waking her. He pointed to the ground near them, especially to a grayish blue male wolf trespassing the boarders.
She took the falcon off her shoulder, petting his head with one finger. "Good boy, Seymour. Now go down there and wait for me." she whispered to him, and launched him in the air and stared as the bird darted toward the ground like an arrow and slowly landed in a rock near the stranger wolf and the pine tree she was. While Seymour tryed to get the male's attention with a sharp, long and loud harsh. Jumping branch after branch like a monkey, she reached the ground in a few seconds, right in Seymour's side. She looked at the stranger with welcoming face and a warm smile. "Hello! My name is Catherine. Who are you?" she asked, her voice as warm as her face. Seymour climbed her arm to her shoulder covered with the leather and begun cleaing his feathers slowly, as his owner waited to the strangers answer.

[/html]
DaVinci had taken note of the bird of prey soaring above him but had ignored the creature until moments later it had come diving through the trees and landed near by. He bared his fangs lightly at the bird, wanting nothing to do with the creature, he found these pets of others more than slightly annoying though they did always atleast announce in such stupid ways that another was near. He sat back, glaring at the creature as he heard the russle and swish of the movement from above. Snapping his attention to the limbs of the tree that were moving he backed off as suddenly another canine landed lightly on the ground. He gave another glare to the creature that clammered up her arm and onto her shoulder as he shifted his shoulders and tried to gather himself once more.

Shaking the snow from his pelt that she'd shifted from the limbs overhead he addressed the owner of the annoyance in a brisk tone, harsher than he normally would have if she didn't have such a shadow following her around. "Hello, I'm DaVinci.." casting his eyes away from the woman for a moment he cleared his throat as he asked suddenly. "What lands are these?" As suddenly as she'd appeared it was clear now that some group had laid claim to the lands, now if only to figure out just who.
[html]

http://i472.photobucket.com/albums/rr87 ... rsouls.jpg); background-attach:top center; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-color:#eee;">

Catherine felt Seymour cuddling under her mane. She petted his head with one hand, while she looked at the stranger and listened at his apresentation. So his name was DaVinci. She had read about a human with the same name in some books. She nodded once.
"These lands you stand upon belongs to the AniWaya tribe."she answered him. "What are you doing here?" she asked, with a curious tone. He didn't looked like he is not here to join the tribe. She couldn't tell what he wanted in this lands. She did noticed the way he was looking - grimacing, actually - to Seymour. This didn't pleased her, but she wouldn't get it rough with DaVinci just because he may not like Seymour.
She turned her face a little "Go have some lunch." she whsipered to Seymour. She putted the falcon on her finger and launched him to the air. He harshed once and, when he was not in her sight anymore, she looked back to DaVinci, waiting his reply.

[/html]
The bird irritated DaVinci, probably because of the fact that he'd never taken one of the creatures as an assistance when he'd lived in Ireland, but even then he never had much liking with animals he'd rather eat than cuddle. The lifestock in Phoenix Valley was viewed in much the same way, even more since he was reminded on a daily basis that they were food. He might see one or two packmates make friends of the lifestock of sorts but it didn't seem to last long when they realized that their friends would soon be food.

His eyes turned back to t he woman when she presented him with information that was more enjoyable than the thoughts he was having on her pet of sorts. Questioned on why he was there he just scowled once more as he answered bluntly "This tribe is newly settled in these lands, do you think no one would wonder who's moved into the territory?" He wrinkled his nose at the lady as he watched her set the bird lose again, his eyes followed the flight of the creature before continuing. "As well, we've lost a child and have been checking with the other packs in the area to see if she's been found." So not the whole of the pack even knew the child was lost, but most did and they were searching for the girl, DaVinci's guilt had made the search more of a personal quest than the others thought on it though.
[html]

Catherine considered his replies. The first one was very reasonable, thoughhis tone sounded a little bit too blunt. "I guess so..." she said, answering him. But the second made her think. So his pack lost a child. Well, sooner or later, someone would find the kid, if it is inside the territory, but meanwhile it could find some kind of trouble. But there was an "if" part of this story. What if there was no child and he was trying to trick her to sneak in... Oh well, if the story is truth, she would't let a poor kid alone.

"Hmm... I guess I could try to find the child." she said, nodding her head lightly, looking at the ground. "I have nothing better to do." she laughed, finally looking at DaVinci.

"Well, if the kid is inside the territory, we will find it. Better we start it as soon as possible isn't it?" she asked rhetorically. She used the "we" because she would not let him searching for the missing child - if there is really a missing kid - alone, but would neither go look for it by herself. And they would need some help... And she had one.

She whistled sharply, the sound hurting lightly her ears. A few seconds later, Seymour's harsh answered her call. Soon, she could see him, and very slowly, he landed on her shoulder at once. She felt that the falcon brought his food too. "Would you give me a description of the missing child, please?" she asked politely to DaVinci, so she would describe it to Seymour, so he could look for itf from above while she and DaVinci could search for the kid from the ground. She waited, the falcon eating the small mouse that was torned by the bird's claws.

[/html]
DaVinci was short with others, it didn't really matter who, very few saw the side of him that was reserved for those few close souls. He narrowed his eyes as he watched the woman watching him, her markings her strange but he decided that it must just be one of those thing, or perhaps a mixing of blood somewhere along the line. She didn't seem the brightest one but there was little he could compare her to since she was the first tribe member that he had met. He hoped atleast that the others weren't so reluctant in help or atleast speaking.

When she finally did decide to assist him in trying to find Zana he believed that she really wasn't wanting to have anything to do with the chore, her words spoke great lengths for the woman. He spoke drying as he tried to remain polite. "I'm glad you're bored enough to care about the life of a child. My sister to be exact." DaVinci really decided that he did not like this character. Who in the world only decided to help search for a lost little girl only because they were bored. His fur bristled as he tried to shake the feelings of dislike from his mind.

He glanced at her when she spoke of them searching for Zana together, as thought he was disrespectful enough to just trampse fully into the middle of their lands. "Her, the child is a girl." he stated bitterly as he moved closer to her.

Suddenly she let out a quick whistle and in moments that damnable bird was back, DaVinci stared at the creature while she asked him to describe his little sister. Tearing his gaze away from the stupid pet he spoke suddenly. "She's only about two moons old with reddish gold fur and a creamy underbelly. She's got grey lavender eyes and she's like me, she looks more like a coyote than a wolf. Her name's Zana.." He really doubted that the bird could help them find his sister but he'd rather act like the bird wasn't even there then speak of it.

Turning back to the woman he asked, "Are we ready?" He just wanted to find the girl.. and get away from that creepy bird.
[html]

Catherine was getting plenty irritated with the guy's tone. It looked too rude for a lonely stranger within a pack territory, talking with someone from that pack. He was getting annoyer and annoyer, but she didn't comment it, or she would say something not very polite, which was usual when she was annoyed.

"Yeah, maybe, but not that much. I'm not very kind when I'm bored..." she told him. The worst part is that it was truth. She hated being bothered by somebody's problem. She had her owns.

She couldn't helped but to notice his glance at Seymour, as he approached. And it was not very welcoming. She didn't like that glance of his, like Seymour. It was hard to ignore, but she did. Annoyer. "Okay, Seymour, you heard him. Now go." she said to the falcon and, as soon as she finished, the bird was in the air.

When Seymour was out of sight once again, she turned to the annoying wolf. "You better be, 'cause I am." she said, her tone more bitter than ever. Indeed she didn't enjoyed DaVinci's company, but she said she would help him, so it that would be.

[/html]
DaVinci couldn't help but roll his eyes at the words of the woman, she just sounded so pathedic. She was willing to help bing because she was bored, not because she had any sort of compassion for a lost child. He hoped for the sake of this tribe that the rest of their numbers weren't the same. Being a stuck up self absorbed pack would get you nowhere. Especially when you were foolish enough to move into lands in the middle of the hard months. He eyed her with disgust and just hoped that she learned some compassion for others before the world got to her.

He watched silently as she seemed to relay a message to the bird, because he doubted that the bird was smart enough to understand what he'd just spoken. He shook the waves of irritation from his pelt as she sent the bird off once more. He hoped the stupid thing didn't return, but he was smart enough to understand there were very few preditors of the sky except the large raptors. He expected he'd have to deal with the creature sometime within their search again.

While the bird was disappearing into the clouds he watched it with one eye waiting for the woman to decide what the hell was going on. The smart mouth attitude that she gave him would have made him snarl at the brat but she wasn't part of his pack and he really had no clue who she was within this one. Narrowing his eyes at her words he muttered under his breath, [d]"Didn't I just ask you that?"[/b] before shaking his head and following the lady. Atleast he'd get to see what their territories looked like. He might not like the company but atleast he would learn something if they didn't find Zana.
[html]

Catherine wasn't liking te wolf attitude. If he did something - anything - against her or Seymour, he would get in trouble. "Whatever." she said roughly to him. From now on, she was trying to concentrate on finding his missing sister. She was flickering her ears to every direction everytime she heard any sound. Her eyes were wandering, looking at everywhere. She was trying to find any smell from someone she didn't knew yet. She was already used to the pack scent and from the others, since the wind was bringing them every now and then.

After a few minutes, she was completely focused in her senses, not actually thinking. She wasn't interested if he was searching too, but if he was still near her. She wished he wasn't. His smell was interfering in her searching. He hold too much smells of other wolves she didn't knew, and it was confusing her senses. The sound of his feet hitting the ground was interfering too. But she wasn't willing to let him wander around the pack. She didn't say anything to him. It was too much for her to concentrate on her search and to think about what to answer any comment of his.

But anyhow, no one of the pack would harm a young, principally from another pack. At the very least, it would be taken to Ayegali or to DaWali. She wasn't worried about the kid being harmed by someone, but by anything else. It was snowing recently: it could be with a cold or something. There is a horse barn in the pack: a horse may get scared or irritated and attack he. She once smelled water: it could have drowned. She noticed she was thinking too much. She shook her head, trying to clear her head and got back to her searching...

[/html]
DaVinci just snorted at the one word she left him with as she moved away from him. He almost felt like just up and leaving, the male didn't have to take the shit from this woman, but he thought that maybe he could deal with it long enough for them to find Zana. He could suffer if it meant finding his sister. Squaring his shoulders he sighed and finally just followed the tribe member further into the lands.

While she seemed caught up in her own thoughts or whatever it was she was doing, since she was so content on ignoring him he just kept his eyes open and took in the scenery about him. His ears flicked back and forth as he kept them alert for the sound of the bird returning. He really didn't like those pet like creatures, he'd seen wolves with them in so many places, like they were wanting to take the place of humans, complete with conquering over other animals and finding some sort of loyalty or friendship between the species. How disgusting.

He shook his head and paused a moment to stare out into the strange lands, wondering why in the world this tribe had decided to settle here. "Why did this tribe.. move here." he asked as he took up the pace again and followed the woman, hoping that she would get an attitude adjustment before answering him.
[html]

Huh...How are we supposed to find the pup? ^^'

Catherine wasn't pleased to hear his voice, pricipally because he interrupted her focus. When she was focused like that, she was nearly in the same stage of sleep-walking. "I don't really know. I guess it is because of the fences, that keep the horses inside." she told him honestly. She always thought it was the reason, but wasn't very sure.

She pretended to come back to her seeking, so she thought he would leave her alone. Hoping not to hear another question, she tried to get into focus once again. She was alert too for any call from Seymour, if he found anything suspicious. She was starting to believe that there was a kid, and that it was lost. Now, her focus was even more willing than before. She was doing her best, and hoped the male was too.

[/html]
ooc-they don't, I'd assume basically whenever you want to end the thread the bird returns and says there's no puppy in the lands.

So much for trying to have a conversation or even learn about the tribe here, his guide didn't seem to want to share a single thread of knowledge with the hybrid. A sliver of a thought rolled through his mind, wondering if that was just it, the fact that he was a hybrid. For once though DaVinci didn't linger on the thought, just shoved it off to the side as he sighed softly. "Why do they keep the horses.." he asked as his paws moved along slowly, his head held high as he kept his senses alert for the scent of the child he wanted to bring home more than anything in the world.

He paused to glance across the plains, a flash of bright golden orange catching his eye as his heart skipped a beat. "Wait!" he called as he broke out across the snow and raced towards the marker in the distance. It didn't take him too long to slow down as he began to feel the hope fading fast. The flash of color had been nothing more than a patch of wild wheat stalks that had stood taller than the snow they were locked in. The golden orange tone so close to that of his sister. Reaching out softly to touch the plant just to make certain he sighed softly and hung his head as he wondered just where the kid had gone... if she had run away..
[html]

Okay then.

Catherine was noticing that he was wanting to talk. It didn't sound good to her. His voice ws pretty annoying, but she had to hold her feeling - and her tongue - while he was near her. She was beginning to give up focusing so hard, if he wanted to talk so badly. His smell was of a hybrid, but she didn't even cared about it. She wasn't preconceptionist about anything. Herself wasn't really normal. Her weird stripes and eyes wasn't the most common thing in the world. "I don't really know. Maybe because if you learn to ride then, you can go faster to somewhere?" she asked retorically to him, aswering his question bitterly.

She flinched at his scream, and all her attention was caught by something reddish gold, though she already knew it was not a pup. It was just a plant, but he didn't notice that and runned toward it. She sighed as she watched his desapointing to see it was not what he expected. She felt pitty of him, but didn't reached to him to comfort him. Something was telling her that her compassion wouldn't be welcome.

A sudden harsh filled the silence around them, and her head turned from the plant to the sky, and she grinned as she saw a dark shape in contrast with the white, fluffy clouds get nearer the ground. Seymour landed on her hand, harshing lower to her. She knew low speech enough to understand what he meant. She made a face toward the male as she explained to him. "I hate to tell bad news, but he said the pup is not here. I'm sorry." she said, honestly to him, feeling bad to him. In a hand, she would get rid of him. In the other, he would go without anything. She felt pitty of him once again.

"If you want, I go with you to the borders." she offered. She knew of his ...hate to Seymour, so she just launched the bird in the air one more time without saying anything. He knew that if she need him, sh would call him. She just stared at the Hybrid blanky, waiting for him.

[/html]
He really hadn't cared about the small talk but marching along in silence hadn't seemed to be doing either of them anygood and trying to take his mind off the worrying had always been his way in the past. Her short sharp answered seemed to tell him that she wanted nothing to do with any sort of conversation with him. He finally just gave up and didn't bother to reply to the woman, just shook his head and growled softly.

When the distraction of the flash of golden orange caught his eye he'd thought he'd really found something. Now DaVinci just sat there staring at the plant, wishing that it had been some clue, some link to his sister but it had been nothing. He stood in the cold winds as Catherine spoke behind him, he hadn't even noticed that the stupid bird had returned this time. His heart just wasn't in it anymore, he just wanted to go home and find out if anyone else had found the fierce puppy.

DaVinci just shook his head as she spoke. He didn't need help finding the border. "No, I can walk myself out.." he said softly. He stood up and sighed. "Thank you for trying anyway.." he turned his face towards the borders as he moved back towards the entrance and exit of the tribe's lands and back to where home still waited.