dirty deeds done dirt cheap - p Haven
[html]Yay time for fast and crappy! Big Grin

These new lands were strange, but then again, Lannen liked strange. There was certainly no reason for him to complain. He'd probably lose interest if things were monotonous. He'd finally settled down. He never thought he would. But he found it wasn't as bad as he remembered. He had only ever been part of one pack, and it had been traditional. He wrinkled in distaste and he remembered the circumstances around his leaving. Lannen found that tribe life suited him quite well. Things were different. He still had responsibilities, but now he had room to find himself and see what he'd be best at in AniWaya.

He patrolled a territory he thought was probably neutral. At least, that's what the scents surrounding him told him. But he found that he liked this strange place he'd discovered. The trees grew so closely together that there was hardly any dampness despite the fact that it was raining like no tomorrow outside the cover of the trees. It was dark, but it wasn't anything he wasn't used to.

[/html]
[html]
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/v ... ground.png); margin-left:103px; text-align:justify; padding:10px; color:#225000; line-height:12px;font-family:verdana;padding-top:5px;">
This probably won't be much better! Big Grin

It was raining again today. How absolutely miserable. Well, looked like it was back off to the forest if he was going to have any fun at all. Large paws attached to increasingly spindly legs carried him over the border of his pack. He had been adventuring outside of Crimson Dreams more and more now. He still hadn't gone far though. And now that he thought about it, basically every time he had gone out on his own, he had come to this forest. That didn't really bother him, this place was pretty cool. But he did want to see more of the land around him had to offer.

After a few minutes of walking around, he heard someone else. Haven was in a sneaky mood today, so he ducked behind the nearest tree. Jade eyes peaked out to find the location of the other wolf. It was an adult, and he was pure white. That was so weird! The guy he had met here the other day had been pure white too! Was there something about this forest that attracted wolves with that coat color? He would have to ask his mom. Still behind his tree, he called out. "Whatcha doin'?"

[/html]
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... banner.jpg); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Lannen swung his head around, trying to locate the source of the sound. Now wasn't this a peculiar scenario? The sound of Haven's voice rung out, echoing slightly against the trees. It seemed as thought a little game of hide and seek was ensuing. Either that, or Lannen had utterly lost his mind and now he thought trees were talking to him. He liked to believe the former, though and his wooden brown eyes scanned the forest.

After considering the options, he shrugged and decided to play along. The voice had sounded young, when he thought about it. With a small smile playing on his face, the white male answered the voice. "Just taking a look around," he said. "I didn't expect to come across a talking tree though."

[/html]
[html]
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/v ... ground.png); margin-left:103px; text-align:justify; padding:10px; color:#225000; line-height:12px;font-family:verdana;padding-top:5px;">

Haven had to stifle laughter as the adult male's head swung around, looking for him. The tree he was behind had a nice thick trunk, able to hide his small but quickly growing body. He had to admit he was surprised that the other male didn't end up spotting him. Grown ups were always good at finding things. They had well-trained eyes and noses. Not much could hide from them, not even a sneaky pup.

Jade eyes peek from around the side of the tree trunk. "Pssh, trees don't talk! That's just silly." No one would accuse the Aatte boy of having an under-active imagination, but even he thought the idea of talking trees was just ridiculous. "I's sure you could finds me if you just tried." He wasn't about to let this guy off the hook so easily. If Haven really was that sneaky he wanted to be found not just give himself up.

[/html]
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... ump/12.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Lannen snorted when the little voice answered him. Of course trees didn't talk! The talking tree had told him that, after all. Lannen loved children. He grinned, deciding he had probably miscalculated the child's age. The voice as young, but not as young as he had thought. Either that, or the pup in question had loads of character and personality. Either way, the white man was about to find out.

He made a show of circling around the clearing, raising his nose to scent the air. He easily identified where the pup was hiding, but purposefully passed by it twice. Then, at the opposite side of where Haven was hidden, he made of a show of looking behind each tree trunk, vocalizing thoughts. "Hmmm>" and "no, not here," being among his most used phrases.

He grinned widely when he came around the tree where the puppy lurked. His fur was a strange orange color that brought thoughts of autumn leaves to mind. He rounded the trunk and said, "Found ya, kid." His tail wagged merrily.
[/html]
[html]

Now, Haven was getting to the age where he understood when adults made a show of this, they were doing it for his benefit. Honestly the man could have found him in a matter of seconds. No matter how good he was at hiding, his scent would always give him away. Most adults were very good at picking up scents, so it was almost impossible to really hide from them. But despite that, he still liked it when they pretended like it was hard to find him. He knew that when he was a great big wolf, he would probably do that too. All a part of his light-hearted and playful nature.

The talking out-loud was a nice touch. It made the pup have to suppress some laughter. After all, he didn't want to ruin the illusion of what was going on either! Life was so much more fun when people pretended things. If you lost your imagination, life was so dull and boring. Luckily a lack of imagination had never been a problem for the Aatte boy. If he wanted to see his mom turn into a dragon, no problem. Wanted to believe he was a knight in bright armor? Piece of cake. Anything could be anything else if you just put your mind to it.

Finally the game of hide-n-seek was over. The pup spun around to face the guy, broad grin in place as always. "Yah you did! Good jobs!" he said, wagging his tail proudly. "My name's Haven! One of my mommies runs the pack just over there!" Crimson Dreams was a big source of pride for him. He was kind of the prince of it! "What's your name?"

[/html]
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... ump/12.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Haven's exuberance was contagious. It took all of half a second for Lannen's tail to have a life of its own and whack against the tree they were standing beside. It seemed so foolish, but Lannen had never cared about that around puppies. Some might call child's play ridiculous, but Lannen thought it was one hundred percent necessary. There were days when he wished he had never grown any bigger than Haven's size. In those times, life had been simple and good. He had never thought of anything he couldn't see beyond the tip of his own nose. Time had had no meaning.

It had been time that had changed everything for the white wolf. It had taken his body, forced to stretch, forced his mind to stretch as well. Lannen wasn't a juvenile wolf by any means. He knew things, had seen things, and had developed completely into an adult. He took responsibility for his actions, which is what had landed him here, so far away from the home he had known and loved with every fiber of his meaning.

Looking down into the orange pup's face, he thought maybe he didn't feel so lost anymore. Haven didn't look remotely like any of his brothers and sisters, his friends or anyone else had had known, but there was something about him that was also familiar. He could recapture some of his old life here, and maybe he could learn to love it a little. "I'm Lannen," he said. "I come from a tribe over there," he jerked his head vaguely in the direction of AniWaya. "You're a sneak, you know. Do you play tricks on everyone that comes around?" There was laughter in his voice.
[/html]
[html]
Short Tongue

What in the heck was a tribe? He had never heard that word before. He knew about packs and about clans. Was a tribe very different from those? Now that he thought about it, he didn't even know the difference between a pack and a clan. His home was a pack, he knew that much. And where Siobhan lived was a clan. "What's a tribe? Is it different from a pack?" Why did adults have so many words for what seemed like more or less the same thing. It seemed overly complicated to him. If he saw a bird, he called it a bird. He didn't call it a flying thing, or a feathered animal. It was a bird. It was stuff like that that he wasn't sure he'd ever really understand.

Haven couldn't help but puff up with a little bit of pride at Lannen's words. He liked to think that he could be sneaky and he liked playing tricks. But not mean tricks, only tricks that everyone could laugh about at the end. "Not everyone, no. Only when it seems like it's gonna be funs," the boy said with a wink. "What's about you? You like to play tricks Lannen?" To him, it seemed like the older male had had just as much fun with the little gag that he had. Maybe he was a care-free spirit too!

[/html]