Putting Holes in Happiness
[html]

Read only. Between Anu and Mati. I wasn’t sure how to do this, so I just went for it.

The tan wolfess couldn’t bear to open her eyes. The sun was far to bright behind her eyelids, telling her that she had slept late. The den was empty, or so she thought, with no sound around her but her own even breathing. One eye opened, blue shining against the light of a brand new day.

A cold and wet the nose greeted her, pressing against the socket of the eye she had braved to open. Alone she was not. The brown pup had stayed so quiet, so silent as to not wake her tawny mother. It had been a game; at times holding her breath when she thought the adult wolf may have woken. Violet eyes watched the large chest rise and fall, eyeing the big heart that undoubtedly beat beneath it.

Mornings! the high voice squeaked in the mother’s ear. Anu rose her head to looked the pup square on, wandering where her other mother was to wrangle her in. But Anu was happy even if her morning rest was shortened. She could sleep when she was dead.

Anu had spent little time alone with the oversized pup, though Mati wasn’t the type to complain. The attention she had been receiving from her sandy colored friend was enough for the meek fey. Sometime it was too much. She was still getting used to being a princess, and that wasn’t the easiest job in the Crimson Dreams kingdom.

Mother watched daughter, before rising to her four paws and leading her out of the cave. I hope you're ready.Anu spoke to the open air, though the words were directed to Mati. A second before nothing ran through her mind, but now she had plans for the day.

Ready fors what?The little pup spoke, her voice full of the curiosity that Anu swore came from her. The little tail waved behind her, even though she was the largest of her siblings she still felt so small compared to all the rest in the pack. Not realizing that she would tower over all those of average height soon enough.

For this… Anu turned on the pup, taking her legs out with her long snout. They rolled, tumbling over one another until Mati was out of breath and Anu was close to exhaustion. It wasn’t a fair fight, but Anu wasn’t in the mood to make the world fair for the little wolf. She would have to learn that the world wasn’t always fair.

Anu lay beneath the chocolate pup, her chest heaving with the weight. You wana get out of here? Anu asked, her need to venture had yet to cease its nagging. It would be different if she took Mati, she wouldn’t be running away. And goes where? Large ears appeared at Anu’s side, her eyes went from eager to concerned as she spoke again, Nots the cities.

The tone made Anu raise her head in question. Her thoughts went to Onus, the darkness and evil. Why not? The older questioned the younger, her words did not hold the earnest feeling that would give away her concern. If there were stories being told, Anu needed to know who was fueling the nightmares Mati sometimes had.

I just donts want to see hims again. Purple eyes looked away, she didn’t like the change she found in her mothers eyes. The confusion that had been laid on her the last time she had been in the city returned, haunting her as he haunted the concrete streets. Anu just stared, silently questioning Mati. Who?

Him, my fawvers. The confusion was apparent on the pup’s face. Anu rose, letting her slide off her side. Silent, still, the wolf kept it enclosed. All the fire that was so suddenly ignited burned Anu from the inside out. Before she turned her back to the pup, she spouted the only words that would form. Ok then. Go find your brother. Haven would keep her safe, and far from Anu, who was about to set the forest around them aflame.

700+

[/html]