the sky wore a veil of gold and green
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... ktable.png);background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;">

She wasn't really sure why she had decided to travel Halifax that day. Maybe she had wanted to really stretched her legs, considering it had almost been a month since she had done so. She also had been meaning to find something to help protect her from the cold. The scarf she had taken last time had helped a great deal, but when she was in her bipedal form her torso was always still shivering. Savina had been lucky though, she had found a plush, tan coat that matched the tan in her scarf. It was long, so it covered part of her legs as well. Thoroughly satisfied and wearing her new discovery, she left the old building it had been in.

The wolfess had traveled all the way to the eastern-most part of the city and looking out past its edge she saw a few small buildings. Is this where Phoenix Valley was? The pack that her mother-in-law lead? She had never actually seen it. Wrapping the coat more tightly around her slim form she walked over to find the borders. Maybe she would run into Iskata again, or meet one of the wolves that knew her. Either way, meeting new people was (almost) always a good thing.

[/html]
DaVinci didn't really know what to do since Zana had disappeared, his trip to Inferni had proven fruitless in finding Ryan and his trips across the claimed territories had been a failure as well. Instead of believing that the child was gone the hybrid male was still up and trailing the lands, looking everywhere for trace of the kid sister that was more like him than any other of his half siblings. The silvery blue male was in a bad mood this day, he hadn't seen any sign of Zana once again, and yet once more he refused to believe what everyone else seemed to be taking fairly well. Puppies just died, sometimes they lived and sometimes they died. He still didn't want to believe it.

The hybrid Sadira male moved along the border, keeping away from the other packmembers seemed to be keeping him a little more sane than lately. He'd avoided Jefferson and hadn't even gone near his mother's cottage in almost a week. Sooner or later he knew he would have to face the pack and either admit that he wasn't going to find her or keep some secret desperate little ray of hope in his heart and just push through his day and tend to his duties to the pack. For now though, he would just stay out of their fur and hope they were wise enough to do the same for him.

The Phoenix Valley packmember was so stuck on avoiding the pack that he nearly had included the stranger on the edge of their lands and almost turned away at seeing her. He'd froze up when he realized that it wasn't Lucifer, that it was infact a female lingering on their lands. Bristling at the fact that there was a stranger looming about their lands, her scent stinking of another pack as their youngest packmate was missing. Growling to himself he detoured his path to where the woman was standing as he blurted out, "What are you doing here?" his suspicious mind already thinking just maybe she knew where his little girl was.
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... ktable.png);background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;">

Emerald eyes caught sight of the silvery male stalking about inside the lands. For a second she thought that he was going to turn away and ignore her. That seemed very odd to her. Never in her life had she imagined turning her back on someone standing at the borders. They could be trying to join, and that would send a horrible impression. They could be waiting to see a friend or family member and turning away in such a manner was very rude. It could also be some hostile and he would have given them free reign to cause chaos inside his pack. But he turned back around and she planted her usual pleasant smile on her face.

But as he barked out his sorry excuse for a greeting her ears folded back and brows came together in a glare. What in the hell was his problem? You didn't greet a complete stranger who had done nothing in that way! Savina was usually very mild-mannered, but disrespect such as this she didn't tolerate well. "It appears Iskata hasn't taught her packmates their manners," she stated with a severe frown. "I'm Savina Marino, the Lieutenant General of Crimson Dreams and daughter-in-law to Iskata Sadira. I was in Halifax and hadn't been to her pack yet, so I thought I might stop by to see her or meet some of her pack. Perhaps that was a mistake." If this was how she was going to be treated she had no desire to stay.

[/html]
-shit DaVi PSMs worst than a girl..-

DaVinci couldn't help but bristle at the words of the woman as she seemed to want to lecture him on the way he handle their borders. It didn't matter any though, for her words were far more amusing than anything he'd heard in a while and he couldn't help but chuckle darkly as he quirked a brow at her and spoke in a dry tone. "My mother failed at a lot of things." he said frankly. He didn't care what this woman thought of Iskata, he was her one great failure and he didn't care if he was a blemish on their pack. He was more preoccupied with worrying over his sister than having to deal with greeting and entertaining guests.

Staring at the woman for a moment before he just shrugged at her high and mighty words he could care less now. She had to present herself with her highly ranked position in her pack as well as linking herself to his family as well. So if she wanted to see the woman or meet a decent packmate he wasn't going to stop her.

Stepping aside DaVinci spat. "Fine, if you'd like the royal treatment I'm sure if you walk down the little country road you'll fine one or two fine pack representatives who can better suit your needs and entertain your every whim. Perhaps you'll even have the honor of meeting with mother, though I doubt that. She hasn't taken well to visitors since the accidents." He glared at the woman before growling softly. "Now I've more pressing matters to tend to, a child is lost, sorry if I can't pamper you like a princess at the moment, you're not at the top of my priorities." Iskata would have skinned him alive for such talk, Jefferson probably would have silently agreed with him but trying to show strong leadership now would have repremanded him just the same. Luckily for DaVinci neither were there now and he could do as he damn well pleased.
[html]
Daddy issues/male hatred ahoy! 300+

She was shocked. His mother? The only brother that she had heard about from her mate had been the one that perished in the fire. This unpleasant man must only be a half brother, considering he was obviously not a full blooded wolf. That didn't matter to her any though. Coyote, wolf, hybrid, he was still pushing her buttons. She hadn't butted heads with any males since leaving Italy, but he was quickly ruining that run of good luck. Of course the chauvinist canines of the world wouldn't be limited to the Mediterranean.

At his next words her eyes flared and hackles raised. How dare he. The insolent pig! Her rage erupted inside of her, the monster stirring in her chest. It didn't try to take over though. This wasn't like facing Conri or Hybrid. Her anger was more focused. This was something she had felt before her problem had emerged. She absolutely hated males who tried to speak to her like this. Acted like she was some dainty female that needed to be looked after. Especially in such a mocking tone. "How DARE you," she snarled, curling her lips. "I do not ask for, nor desire to be waited upon. I've never needed anyone to treat me like a princess, especially a damn male."

The mention of Iskata's accident and the missing pup went by nearly unnoticed. She was livid that he had spoken to her in such a way. All she had wanted was simple common courtesy. Obviously that was too much to ask from such a misogynist. "If you can't manage simple polite conversation, then that is your problem. Though how someone hasn't managed to beat such lessons into you is beyond me." Tail flicking angrily she stormed past him before she was tempted to do so herself.

[/html]
DaVinci hadn't gone looking for trouble this time, she'd found him. Her entire attitude seemed to just scream spoiled brat as she puffed up in outrage at having been spoken to in such a manner. The hybrid male hated to burst her little bubble but she was the one lurking on their borders, not the other way around. The outburst she granted him with just made him laugh. "How dare I? Lady, you came here, you're standing on our doorstep on a cold frosty day. What the hell do you want me to say." He really wasn't in the mood to deal with some stranger who was on a power trip.

He snarled back at the bitch as he exclaimed. "Hey, these are our fucking lands, we can treat you any damn way we please if you're wanting to prance and paw across the borders." His stormy eyes seemed to hold lightning in them as he stalked after the ebony woman. "If you can't manage to respect the ways of another pack then that's your fucking problem!" he spat back as he followed her. He wasn't about to just let her tramps all over their lands like she was getting ready to move right in.

The male was just beyond himself that any of his half siblings would take such a bitch to bed, but then again if it was one of Iskata's boys she'd probably filled his head with fairytales and stories of dreams and how you were suppose to treat the ladies. DaVinci had grown up in a real world where everyone had to do everything the same and no one was there to coddle you when things turned sour. It seemed someone might have pampered this one as she still was here and getting to haughty over his words.
[html]
Sooo, unless someone else jumps in, she's just going to leave. 400+

This guy really was a piece of work. She honestly couldn't believe that he was related to Ember, Iskata, and Kansas. They were all sweet wolves who knew how to properly interact. None of them had ever shown her the slightest rudeness. "I want you to act like a normal person and not take your rage out on a stranger. That's how most of us function. It's called common courtesy." She threw back at him. She wasn't about to play any games. HE had been the one who had been unnecessarily rude. If he had expected her to just roll over and take it he was poorly mistaken.

Was he stupid, or just ignorant? Obviously nobody had explained how you treated those who came to your borders that were obviously not hostile. Or how inter-pack relations functioned. "Yes, technically, you can. But it's not the best policy. If this is how you treat everyone that comes to your borders I'm surprised you have any members at all. Or that you haven't gotten your pack any enemies. You're playing at a dangerous game." Savina couldn't understand why Iskata would let her son act like this on her lands. Surely she understood what a problem he could pose if this was his temperament. "Oh, and what are those ways? To be treated poorly?" she spat. This male was toeing a precarious line with her.

If he thought her life had been all sunshine and butterflies then he was just as dull as he appeared. She had dealt with hardships her whole life. No one had ever coddled her. She had grown up to be self-sufficient and to take care of herself. Things had never really been easy for her. She had worked hard for everything she now held and she would be damned if this bastard was going to pretend otherwise. The world was tough, yes, but she hadn't let it turn her bitter. She still knew how to act like a civilized wolf.

Now he was following her? What in the hell! The femme had hoped that if she walked away he would let her be. If she just gave into her rage she could tear him limb from limb and be done with it. The world would be no worse off. But she knew better than that. Apparently this visit had indeed been a mistake. She quickly turned to glare at him, eyes full of fury. "It appears you don't know when to stop, so I'm leaving. I have no desire to be burdened with you issues." Savina shouldered past him, walking a few feet before turning again. "And you are not welcome in Crimson Dreams, so steer clear of its borders." That said she turned towards home.

[/html]
"ENOUGH." the elder woman said with more athority than she'd ever used in her time as a leader. How the silver and gold woman had escaped her steelblue shadow was probably a mystery left to ponder another day, but for once Iskata was out by herself in the lands again, a drastic change over how life had been for the last month and a half.

Her harshly scarred face was in a scowl as she had caught the last part of the conversation on both parties parts. She wasn't for certain what had caused such tempers to flair between the two characters that she normally knew were mellow, though her son was touch about some things, strangers at the border normally weren't one of them. She knew how he felt about losing Zana, and though she felt a slight sting at the child being gone it was like a weight had been lifted from her soul as well. She could mourn a child who was gone, but live day to day not getting to see the babe grow was another. Life was harsh, but better thisway in the mind of the Whilom.

She was standing right in the path of the two and yet neither of them had noticed so far. Iskata shook her head and asked suddenly. "Just what is the problem here." She tried to arrange herself to where she could sit comfortably, but her crippled hindleg hindered that. Sighing softly she grimanced as she tried not to show the pain. "Well DaVinci, Savina?" she asked.
DaVinci was getting tired of dealing with the woman. She obviously realized that he didn't want her there but she had yet to disappear like he hoped she would. The sooner she was gone the sooner he could get back to trying to find the child and keep nosy strangers from wandering the borders. His ears flicked back as he snarled at the woman, just as soon as he was about to answer her a voice cut through the air, startled by the sound he raised his head up quickly and just stared.

Iskata hadn't been out of her cottage for much at all since the accident, since Zana had been hurt he wasn't for certain if she'd even left her yard. Seeing the woman standing before them alone in the roadway was enough to shut up even the smartmouthed bitter son. He just blinked and swollowed, forgetting for a moment that Iskata was no longer his leader as she scowled at the both of them like a leader in her prime. His eyes flicked back to the ebony woman as she demanded to know just what was going on between the two of them.

He narrowed his eyes at the black lady, knowing that his mother probably already had heard enough and learned what she needed to hear. Growling to himself he muttered. "Nothing it seems now.." he said in disgust as he sat down before his mother, curious as to how or why she had finally taken to the lands again, by herself at that.. and secretly hoping that this prissy stranger would atleast see part of the reason he was a bit touchy about their borders.
[html]
Bah, I think she's probably going to leave anyway >< she's too worked up 300+

The loud voice made her stop in her tracks. The scowl was still on her face as she turned around to see who had spoken. Ears folded back and her expression turned to one of shock. It was Iskata, but the woman was drastically different than the last time she had seen her. Angry scars ran across her face and it was good guess that she was blind because of whatever had caused them. Did Kansas know that something had happened to his mother? Most likely not, or he would have mentioned it to her. Savina did not relish the thought of having to bring him such news, but at least she was alive.

Looking back at the male, apparently named DaVinci, her face hardened again. Having his mother in such a state surely made him a little edgy, but she didn't think it was a valid excuse for all his behavior. She obviously hadn't been looking to cause trouble and he had been rude from the moment he walked up to her. "Nothing a renewed lesson in manners won't fix," she said, eyes on the subdued steel hybrid. The girl knew herself well enough to realize that now was not the best time for her to talk about this. Anger still bubbled in her chest and she didn't want to put any of it on the older female.

The Lt. General walked back to the golden wolf and knelt down beside her, lightly resting a hand on her shoulder. When she spoke her voice was soft, meant for only Iskata to hear. "Iskata...I don't know what happened to you, but I'm sorry. I think at the moment I'm too agitated to speak with a level head. But I'll return soon, if it's alright with you. And I'll bring Kansas. I'm sure he'll want to see you." Though that thought made her heart heavy. Her sweet man would surely blame himself for not being there to protect his mother. Gently she kissed the woman's forehead. Her slender form stayed there kneeling, waiting for her mother-in-law's response before she would head home.

[/html]
ooc- I think both characters would need threads later, DaVi could actually explain himself.. as long as Sav didn't keep reminding him of how rude and how he lacked manners. Big Grin He has issues with being reminded over and over again of his faults. He knows when he's done wrong and if you can get him to admit it you're lucky. Wink And of course an Isk Sav one!

DaVinci just hissed under his breath and glared at the woman. He didn't care if she was a new family member or not he was just trying to find his sibling and didn't have time to deal with her petty whining crap about how she was treated unfairly at their borders. If Iskata wanted to deal with her daughter in law she could but that didn't mean that DaVinci was going to hang around to let the woman continue dogging at his manners. His attitude had nothing to do with her exactly, she's just got on the wrong side of the hybrid this day. Had it been any other day they probably would have got off wonderfully, but he cared more for finding a helpless child than entertaining the world.

His eyes lit up when she made her snippy little remark and he flicked his ears back as he answered. "Of course, if she'd learn to listen in the first place she'd learn a thing or two about what's more important in my eyes." Glaring at the woman for a second he turned to his mother, not asking for a dismissal but dismissing himself. She might be his mother and the elder member of the pack but she knew she was no longer the Matriarch, any other time he would have stuck around but not for the drama this woman seemed to want to have demand at her feet. "I have better things to be doing now, like looking for Zana." he said harshly, knowing that his mother was still touchy about Zana's accident, though she'd taken it more as a personal injury than the care of her child.

Without another world DaVinci turned away and wandered off towards the forest once more. He didn't want to think about it but someone had to check the quarry and since Iskata was of no help and he didn't want his own children anywhere near the place this time of year it looked like it was up to him.
Iskata's tail flicked back and forth with annoyance at the tension that seemed to hang in the air between her two family members. She twitched an ear as DaVinci spoke and then Savina, her sightless orbs turning to DaVinci at SaVina's mention of his lack of manners, in a way. She raised a brow at her son but didn't say anything. When he growled and butted in with his own answer she felt the fur along her neck bristle but she knew the male would state his mind no matter what she said. She hated to say that he was right but she pushed the thoughts aside as she heard his pawprints leading away from the woman who remained with her.

A sigh broke through her lips, she knew that her appearance much be more than a shock to the ebony hued woman but she didn't say anything at first. It took her a second to realize that the woman had bent down to her height, Iskata shying away for a moment at the touch, she hadn't grown use to others outright just appearing still, even though Skylar had silently become her lead dog it was in subtle less noticeable ways.. never an outright approach. She flicked her ears back as she tried to stay steady and not let the whole matter get out of hand. The words Savina spoke were nothing short of what she would have expected from the woman who'd stolen Kansas' heart but yet she wished she could make the woman understand DaVinci, he'd always been rough around the edges, atleast with adults.

When the gentle kiss touched her brow Iskata lowered her head and spoke softly. "Tell Kansas not to worry, I'm still here. I'm sorry things seemed to have got out of hand.. but don't be so hard on DaVinci.. he's had a hard time adjusting." She looked away, unsure if her son would want the world to know his life but she didn't want such ill feelings between the family as well. "He won't stop going to Crimson Dreams either.. Nani is his sister, and more of a mother than I ever was to him." She said sadly as she shook her head. She had a closet of secrets that haunted her.. slowly they did escape but hardly anyone was alive still to understand just what she meant, a torture and a relief.
[html]
But of course! I'm thinking she and Kansas (if Killi wants to) can come see her when she finds out she's pregnant Big Grin 300+

The Italian wolf made no reply to DaVinci's comments and was glad when he walked off. She said nothing though, as if he hadn't been there to begin with. Right now all of her attention was focused on Iskata. What in the world had happened to her? Someone or something must have attacked her. That was the only explanation for wounds such as those. From the looks of it they were lucky she had survived. While she looked more or less healthy now, she would need to make sure that Kansas and herself came to visit soon. She knew what it was like to lose a mother suddenly and unexpectedly. Such a fate she wouldn't wish on anyone, but especially her mate.

Her head nodded as she looked at her mother-in-law with sad eyes. "I will. Though I think we both know that he will," she said with a bit of a smile. What rotten luck her love was having. First she had broken her promise to him and made him worry too much about her own safety, and now something had happened to his mother as well. Savina silently cursed herself yet again. "I'll give him another chance...when tempers have cooled. I don't usually get so worked up. After everything my father did I tend to be more touchy around males." The gold wolfess' son had reawakened those old mistrusts and hurts. "Yes, well, I just don't want him harassing my members. As long as he behaves himself there won't be a problem." She wanted to leave it at that. Her temper had calmed some, but it was still there right beneath the surface.

"Is there anything you need? Before I head home?" She didn't want to leave the woman out there all alone in her current state. Would she be able to make it back to her house by herself? Savina didn't know, but also didn't want to seem like she didn't think Iskata could do anything without assistance.

[/html]
Iskata was silent as her daughter in law spoke. She tried to ignore the emotions of the other, she was done with the pity and sorrow of others when it was directed towards her. She'd had enough of herself, of others feeling sorry for her and herself brooding over those thoughts and feelings. She spoke softly, "Til later then.." her words were few but they were all that was needed.

Savina atleast was fair enough to give DaVinci a second chance, she knew the woman didn't have to but though the silver and gold woman had begun the pain her son took out on others she knew he was good somewhere inside as well. When the woman had given her word Iskata smiled sadly and admitted. "DaVinci wouldn't hurt an innocent, he's not his father." she said, the words she'd knew were true though she hadn't believed them herself so long ago. She was silent as she thought on those words, the past tearing at her heart as she almost didn't hear the last words Savina spoke up.

Blinking away tears the woman shook her head as she smiled towards Savina as she sighed. "Contrary to popular belief I can still take care of myself, atleast for the most part." She knew she couldn't do everything, or even half of what she use to but she could still get back to her cottage or anywhere else she needed to in the Phoenix Valley lands. She would learn to piece herself back together no matter how long it took.
[html]

It really wasn't that she thought the male would hurt anyone. It was more she was concerned that he would come and get into arguments with her own packmembers. Crimson Dreams was a happy and peaceful place. They didn't need anyone coming around to stir up a hornets nest. But she held her tongue. It was obvious that the topic of her son was resurfacing some unpleasant memories for Iskata. The mention of DaVinci's father hurting others made her wonder. But she knew better than to ask. Sometimes things were better left in the dark.

Savina winced a little at the woman's words. She knew that they hadn't been meant to hurt, but she just felt bad for any implication that she couldn't take care of herself. "Of course. Well, do take care. Hopefully we'll be by to visit you soon." The girl wrapped her arms around the other female's neck and gave her a gentle hug. With that she stood up and wrapped the coat more tightly around her form. Her paws left distinct marks in the surface of the snow as she headed back towards the comfort of her own pack.

[/html]
Iskata was silent as she would have watched her daughter in law leave if she could. Instead she stood there alone and shook her head sadly. She didn't know what had happened between her son and the woman except the little bit she'd heard but she could guess. She wasn't going to bring the issue up to DaVinci right now. Sighing to herself she walked off towards the path that would lead her to the little cottage where she called home. Life was too much to think of right now so she wouldn't, she knew soon enough this family of hers would force life upon her.. it was just a matter of how long.