The Hound of Blood and Rank
[html]
aw

Four paws took her wherever they wanted to, her mind had let go. Her body headed west, while her mind was scattered everywhere else. Days before she had gone east, to the dump that the humans had called a city, and now she went west to whatever was westward. It didn’t matter. She would find what ever was ready to reveal itself to her, as it had in the city.

Another winter day had come, and was soon to be gone. Another would replace it until the season was ready to pass. Life would move on, as her paws moved, with or without her recognition. As she let the other senses lead the way, eyes fell to the path and to her snow covered paws. The snow as wet and heavy, mulled with dirt and grime. New snow hadn’t fallen for days, only rain. It left them with ice and slush, making worn trails nothing more then crystallized mud. Scowling at it Anu moved off the path that would have taken her to the center of the Trenches and familiar land to somewhere else. Of course, if she had been paying attention...

She would have seen the fence that blocked the way, if her eyes had been participating. Instead they focused on the ground, not guiding her around the wire that made contact with her forehead. The flexible chain pushed her backward, away from the boarder that it protected. Jesus! Cursing under her breath, though still quite loud, the fey moved back.

Blue orbs found fence, tall and covered in metal spines. Stepping backwards she investigated with a few steps to the right and then left. Eyes woken, finally, they wandered up and down its length. Nose caught the scent of many, wolves she hadn’t met, gathered together. It was obvious that the land behind the boundary was claimed, her nose told her that, but still her curiosity was roused and Anu couldn’t help but try to find a way inside.

300+

[/html]
[html]

http://i472.photobucket.com/albums/rr87 ... rsouls.jpg); background-attach:top center; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-color:#eee;">

Catherine was sitting boredly in her favourite branch of a pine tree. She has been sleeping in that branch for the last nights she joined the tribe. She was reading a poem book, she was not paying much attention in it. She was more petting Seymour's little head. He had already did his patrol in the night and he was resting now.

Catherine's senses were in alert now, looking for anything different in the fences that would need her attention. Since Seymour was in his resting hours, she needed to do the patrol herself. She buffed and prepared to stood up in the thick branch uinwillingly. She was still tired, somehow...

She heard a cursing coming from down below. She jumped in surprise, just like Seymour. She looked down, her movement making the branch shake lightly and drop a few wet snow in her nose. "Stay here." she ordered the bird, and it answered lazily with a low harsh. She laughed as she prepared herself to go down. Sinking her big claws in the rough wood, she slipped through the tree's trunk slowly.

Before her feet could reach the wet and muddy snow, she hold up on the lowest branch, though it was very thin and might break. Her eyes finally met the one who cursed. The wolf was near the fences was a sand, white and gray mix coloured and female. She waited there, sitted in the thin branch. She would not interact with now. Not yet. She would wait the unknown female get in the lands, so Catherine could greet her. The female didn't looked bad at all.

A harsh filled the air, and Catherine sighed. Why Seymour couldn't keep silent? She didn't think the stranger would care about a peregrine falcon harshing around. It was normal to hear birds nearby. All she could was to wait...

[/html]
[html]
Hi!

It was certainly strange. The fence, the scents and the how it all seemed to be like some enclosure for something strange. Her black nose touched the wires gently, not wanting to scratch the delicate skin. Further investigation found a doorway.

Nothing much more then broken chain links, she eyes cautiously and stepped gingerly over the lower section. Once inside there was little different, though it was as if pack’s scent had been held behind the fence, only allowing a hint to linger outward. It was uncomfortable to have passed such a visible and defined line, without such as a welcome mat.

Her curiosity was overwhelming, driving her further then she would ever find clever. Still she walked on, mainly along the inside portion of the fence. It wasn't long before a hard cry, to close to ignore, brought her eyes skyward.

A trick she had played so many times. Watching from a limb was one of her very favorites. Blue eyes looked to the female that had been spying her. Anu took a step backward, getting the crook out of her neck. Not much of a watchdog? Her voice was light with humor. Of course she wasn’t sure why she had been let in. But then there was a chance that this female just didn’t care.

[/html]
[html]

http://i472.photobucket.com/albums/rr87 ... rsouls.jpg); background-attach:top center; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-color:#eee;">

Hello^^ (Shoot, this one is very short)

Catherine had watched every move of the stranger female. She sighed and rolled her eyes when she noticed the female had discovered her. She felt so irritated with Seymour... But she couldn't just keep there "hided" in the branch.

She jumped off the branch and stood up in her four-legged form, looking to the female embarassed. She didn't really knew how to start it."Hehe... Yeah, maybe not... Sorry about that, miss. Oh, by the way, my name is Catherine." she said, her tone timider than normal. "So, what's yours?" she asked in a curious voice, but not meaning to take it out of her. She sitted in the wet snow, waitng ofr the female's reply.

[/html]
[html]

short is ok!

Anu looked up at the female that stood before her. It was always awkward for her to converse with another wolf in a different form, but slowly she was getting more used to it. she also didn’t like to look up at strangers that had yet to gain her trust, but it was an easy thing to give away.

The new wolf didn’t seem phased by her comment, that as she had thought about it seemed more hostile then necessary. For the passive fey even such a thing was considered hostile. I’m Anu. Lieutenant Colonel of Crimson Dreams. Feeling easy she took the eyes off Catherine she looked around. So what is this place?

[/html]
[html]

Alright, then ^^

Catherine knew about Crimson Dreams, but she didn't know what was a Lieutenant Colonel. She just nodded. She guessed it would be some sort of scout.

"Well, you are inside the AniWaya tribe's territories. I'm one of the Tsula Agateno. Or one of the boundaries' scouts, if you prefer. Nice to meet you." she told Anu, politely. Anu wasn't a bad person, she could see it. She was doing her duties, but that didn't mean she couldn't make new friends. She felt the tip of her tail shake a little, but ignored that.

[/html]
[html]

It was an interesting name, AniWaya and then of course Tsua Agateno. It all sounded like a different language. Crimson Dreams was practical, holding strong to the military ranks of the humans. Even though Anu wasn’t a wolf of man, staying far from most of their practices and article, their ranking system was a logical and fair one.

It’s a pleasure. Smiling she couldn’t help but eye the fence once again. Did they truly feel the need to have such walls to protect them? Ears perked at all the questions she hoped had answers. How long have you guys been around? taking to her feet again she wandered around the tree Catherine stood before.

I mean, if you don’t mind me asking..

[/html]
[html]

Catherine wondered why her sudden interest in the time the pack had been founded. She didn't actually knew the exact date when the tribe had seen settled. And her glance at the fences. Maybe she didn't know yet about the horses the tribe hold here.

"No, don't worry about it." she told her. "But...I don't really know how long we've been here. I joined a few days, and I don't know much, but I guess its been plenty of days. she said, not really sure if the female was aknowledge about weeks, months and years as herself, so she didn't reffered to them. "Like the fences? It's more for keeping the horses inside, you know." she told quickly, in a very casual tone, expecting to call the female's attention from the pine tree she was rounding.

[/html]
[html]

Oh well, I guess I should explain, Crimson Dreams is a neighbor of yours. So I thought I would check the place out. Anu understood that she wasn’t the best of liaisons, but was sure with a little practice would be able to be more professional. She imagined herself learning about this new place, as well as teaching all she knew about her pack; hopefully she could do so without stumbling over every word.

Her eyes shot to the fence that she had been interested in. Horses? A smile crossed her face at the prospect of meeting one. Really? her voice was excited and her tail twitched with enthusiasm. What kind?

[/html]
[html]

Catherine have heard once of the Crimson Dreams, but only a referrence without any info. She was curious, of coursem but it wasn't her nature to ask many questions. "Oh, then I shouldn't worry with ya." she said simpily, mostly to herself.

She couldn't help but to notice the sudden enthusiasm at her mention to the horses. She didn't even got near then. She only knew that by some brief mentions and the smell. She didn't really know even how much horses there are. "Well, I don't really know much about then, but we could give then a look." she said, inviting her. Catherine knew that the female wasn't bad, and neither was looking for trouble. It was just a normal check-up of the new pack. She expected that.

Waiting for the probably enthusiasmatic reply of the other female, she just kept there, her tail shaking lightly.

[/html]
[html]

Of course she was excited. It was a rare instance where she was even looking at a creature like a horse without the intention of causing it harm. Here she would be able to watch, and maybe even touch, without thinking entirely about her stomach.

Lets go.Anu gave her the enthusiastic response she had been waiting for. She happy to know that she could share the new experience with the new female. There were times when she thought that her friends was limited, and that she needed to spread her wings and met new faces.

I hope we can find them, I don’t even know what they smell like.

[/html]
[html]

http://i472.photobucket.com/albums/rr87 ... souls1.jpg); background-attach:top center; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-color:#ffffff;">

If you don't mind, I'm quickening the actions 'cause this is getting a little too big...

Catherine smiled at Anu fakely. She didn't really want to go to the horses. Something on them - maybe the muscles or the heavy hoofs - frighetened her. She walked to where the barn smell, where the horses were kept. She had never gone there, since she never saw the need to. She wished she had an excuse to don't go there, but she couldn't find one good enough. She didn't looked back to check if the other female was following her, but she thought so. She seemed too willing to do not.

Too soon, the barn's smell got more and more evident. " Well, this is basically the smell of a horse herd." she said, without looking behind to check out the other female. Sooner, the barn itself got in her sigh and she sighed. Oh, what the hell. she thought, a little irritated. Walking faster, she reached the building and entered and gasped. Wow! she thought. There were plenty of them, in many colors, sizes and ages.

Looking around she looked from her shoulder, expecting not to be alone. "So, here we are." She said, feeling better now that se saw they were smaller than she expected. She looked to a mare at a few feets distant, its pelt cream and its mane chocolate brown.

[/html]