for the widows in paradise
[html]
ooc land

AniWaya. The dark pelted wolfess with vibrant jewel-toned eyes had told her that her home was called AniWaya. And now Geneva was looking both for that wolfess and that land. Her search for Ember now was fueled by reminiscence and her want for the dark girl's company. She had wondered aimlessly until she had found the beach earlier that morning. When she opened the heavy door and ascended the stairs, it wasn't with a heavy heart. This place might have held bitterness for her if she hadn't found closure with Anu after their encounter that night.

She had retrieved another dusty bottle. And now she walked along AniWaya borders, lightly dusting specks from the label. She hadn't bothered to read it yet, although she had taken a few swigs herself. She certainly wasn't sloshed yet, but she felt the effects of the drink. She felt much more relaxed and laughter came more easily now. She wanted to share that feeling with Ember. She could probably use a good laugh.

[/html]
[html]
That's not short -or- crappy! Big Grin I love it.

Ember often went out to the borders. She knew that it wasn't really her duty, that she wasn't a scout, but she was still really interested in watching who came in and out of the lands. If it was someone that she knew, she would approach quickly...but if she didn't know them then she took her time and watched them for a while. She wanted to make sure that whoever was there wasn't a threat to the AniWaya...her new home.

Earlier that day Ember had gone to the library in the city, where she'd found a couple of books that had seemed pretty interesting. They spoke of native americans, a group of people who lived off the land much like her very own tribe. In fact, she'd found many things that their tribe had in common with the tribes of America. In the pictures, some of the native americans had painted their faces...they'd put two stripes underneath their eyes, and some on their forheads. Ember had tried to replicate this, using dyes and mud to put a horizontal line under each of her eyes, and two vertical lines on her forhead.

She spotted the figure throught the brush of the border and watched it for a few moments, trying to decide who it was. Geneva? She hadn't seen the other for a little while--and a part of her hadn't thought that she'd be seeing her any time soon.

For some reason, her heart began pounding a little faster as she stumbled down from her spot on top of the boulder. Why was she so clumsy all of a sudden? She started running toward the area that she'd last seen the Crimson Dreams wolf, emerging from the brush. "Ah--hello!"

[/html]
[html]
I love Ember!

Geneva swayed slightly as she listened to the wind blow. She fancied she could hear music in it. But she wouldn't dance. It'd be a shame to dance alone. Maybe when Ember arrived she'd want to dance. Geneva yawned and felt her ears pop. She knew she was being ridiculous, but it felt good to unwind. Geneva was still in charge of her actions and senses, but fun, nonsensical thoughts ran races in her head with the ones telling her that perhaps sharing the potent drink with Ember wouldn't be the best idea.

The gray wolfess looked up as a dark figure darted through the brush. Her tail began to move behind her excitedly, setting her a bit off balance as she tried to meet the streaking dark figure halfway. She smiled as she recognized that the dark figure was indeed Ember. She hadn't seen the girl in weeks. Smiling, she approached her with ease, resting her free hand on the other girl's shoulder. If she had been more sober, she probably would have observed personal boundaries, but in a rush of excitement and uninhibited happiness, she overlooked those niceties.

"Ember," she said, with a look of pure pleasure on her face. "It is so wonderful to see you. I was looking for you." Although normally kind and quite, Geneva was acting more friendly and familiar than usual. Lime green eyes were just this side of unfocused as she looked into her friend's face. "What are those?" she asked, removing her hand from Ember's shoulder and tracing a line under her own eyes. "I like them!" she said cheerily.

[/html]
[html]

Was there something wrong with her? She looked at the gray wolf before her curiously, her smile fading into something more like a frown. She wasn't sick, was she? Geneva was swaying a little bit on her feet, moving back and forth. Ember didn't mind that her friend had come to see her...but she didn't like seeing her sick like this! She looked at the other wolf closely, trying to figure out what was wrong with her. She was holding a bottle, something Ember had only seen a couple of times. What was in it? Was it making her ill?

There was a hand on her shoulder and Ember turned her head to look at it. The hand was attached to an arm, which was attached to a Geneva. Maybe she needed some support, to hang onto Ember and get better balance. "Are you alright? You don't look so good" She was definitely acting weird, at least. She didn't want to pull back from the hand on her shoulder, but at the same time she felt like she should back up a little. But Geneva was her friend--and friends did those kinds of things to each other. Maybe it was just the fact that Ember hadn't had a really good friend in a while."I...what's that you're drinking?" She wasn't sure...but maybe that was what was making her act this way.

[/html]
[html]
Geneva is a happy drunk? Smile.

"No, no, I'm okay! I'm fantastic!" Geneva was happy to see Ember, and with the addition of alcohol, she was quite able to express that joy. She remembered meeting Nikolai in the human city, when she had left Crimson Dreams to seek comfort, and instead had found a comrade. She certainly hadn't felt lonely then, though she had woken up the next day with a splitting headache.

She lifted the bottle to let Ember look at it. "This...is great stuff, at first. The morning after, it," she wrinkled her nose and laughed. "It sucks." She didn't think she could adequately explain the effects it was having on her, making colors brighter and feelings more intense. "I'm still trying to get the hang of it, actually," she said, taking a sip from the bottle daintily. She didn't want to appear ill-mannered in front of Ember. Maybe she would join her!

She sank to the floor suddenly, laughing quietly to herself, close-mouthed. It was a quiet laugh, but she still closed her eyes and felt it glowing inside of her. She enjoyed it so much. Her eyes were still closed, a small smile touching her face as she spoke. "I brought some in case you wanted to try it," Geneva said. "I gotsa warn you, it will make you sick to your stomach and give you a helluva headache the morning after." Her green eyes sparkled as she opened them and looked up at the dark hued wolfess. "But...it makes it easier for me to express happiness...it loosens me up? I don't know. Either way, I'd love to talk to you."
[/html]
[html]
Feel free to PP their walk there!

Geneva's bright eyes fixed on her and she swallowed. It had been a long time since Ember had been put in this kind of a situation, one where she didn't know exactly what to do or say. What if she said something wrong...something that made the female turn away and go back home? She had to be inviting. She had to make sure that Geneva would come in. She wasn't even certain that the other could make it all the way back to Crimson Dreams in the state that she was in. Probably not.

"Never had it." She'd never drank that kind of stuff before. She didn't doubt Geneva's opinion and advice, though. A headache? She'd had one of those before and had lived through it. "I'll try some...but we should get a little farther into the packlands. Let's head back to my den." She took the bottle, turning back toward the insides of the lands and motioning for her silver friend to follow.

[/html]
[html]
Smile.

Geneva was star struck at the idea that Ember would consent to let her enter her living space. But to have the reserved black wolfess offer to let her go there warmed her to the very core of her being. The smile that spread her face then was like a 100 watt light bulb. She really liked the girl and had hoped to get to know her better. She knew that it would be a challenge. But this was a welcome development. She was willing to work for a friendship with this girl, but it looked like it wouldn't be so much work at all.

She scrambled to her feet ungracefully and wiggled a bit as she stood up straight. After allowing the world to settle into a softly swaying pattern, she followed Ember deeper into AniWaya. If she had been more focused, she would have taken stock of her surroundings, worried about finding her way back to Crimson Dreams (as if she could have anyway!). Instead, she only had eyes for Ember. She made an effort to walk beside her, but far enough away to have her entire body within her view. She had never really looked at the dark wolfess before. She had spent most of her time looking at her face, but now it seemed important in her addled mind to look at the whole picture.

"You know you're pretty Ember," she started conversationally. "I met a guy with piercings and really cool two toned eyes, but I really like your eyes. They're so...." Geneva paused to think of the word. "So...green."
[/html]
[html]
I must be dreaming or we're onto something
http://i38.tinypic.com/6t1ag0.jpg); background-position:bottom; background-repeat: no-repeat; width: 336px; border: 1px solid #000; background-color: #204684;">

ooc:

I must be dreaming or pinch me to waking

Two toned eyes? She'd met someone like that too, her nephew Apollo. Her adopted sister Dierdre's boy. She could still remember how much her father had loved Dierdre, before the fire had come and ripped all three of them apart. Ember had been a part of that love once, too. The nice, safe love. Here, everything was harder. Even making friends, or being around her packmembers. She didn't know everyone like she had once in the past, and making new relationships was very difficult for the girl.

She could feel the other's eyes on her face every once in a while. She was grateful for her haircut; it covered one eye, making her feel a little more secure, sheltered. They were nearing her denning area when Geneva spoke again. Ember didn't mind silence, really, but conversation was good too. "You met my nephew, I think. Him and Deuce are the only ones I know around here with eyes like that. Or...maybe it's some wolf I haven't met before. I haven't met everyone." She wasn't sure what to say to Geneva now, though. Should she continue the conversation about eyes? "Lots of wolves around here have green eyes." She said. They were approaching her den when she stopped again, looking back at Geneva. "We can't be too loud--Tayui's den is nearby, and she has newborn pups. You think we can be quiet enough?"

Table by Tammi!

[/html]