i know what i am
[html]

Yes, fresh meat! Come play! Clicky in the post for the song, just for flavor.

It had taken some time to get the fire started. Not only did she have to locate dry kindling in the dark, she had to light it the hard way after losing the last book of matches last week. That had caused some major irritation on her part, sending her black wolven form snarling over retraced and retraced steps searching for the colorful matchbook. After a while, she'd given up on them just like she had on those Vegas imbeciles whom the matches had come from. She didn't need to able to read the name of the Las Vegas hotel scrawled on the front to be reminded, the matchbook had carried the stench of the place. Them, and the things that brought back their memory, she was happy to be rid of--those who'd called her Madison Square for the stupidest of reasons.

The optime coaxed the flames to life, then turned to the large parcel she'd carried all this way. With loving hands, she removed the hide that was twined round it to keep out the wet and snow to reveal a Spanish guitar. She settled against the tree with it allowing the heat to warm the strings--that never should be played at such temperatures, she'd learned--as well as her bones. She wrapped the hide covering about her shoulders like a blanket. Damn, was it cold here. The desert had been cold at night, but this... This was brutal. Madison knew she'd been foolish to come this far north in the dead of winter knowing her Mexican coat wouldn't be enough. She cradled the guitar and strummed the first few bars of some old song. The Feh'yuri women were the ones she missed. They had been desert flowers, an oasis. They came to mind whenever she played. Without so much as a goodbye, she'd left them. That was why the three-year-old had come north--she deserved the suffering.

During her travels in this land, Maddie hadn't missed the scent of wolves inhabiting the area. She hadn't had much luck with packs so far in the months between Vegas and Halifax, but she was largely indifferent. Let 'em come. Slumping under the beat up straw hat, a tune passed her lips to accompany the guitar's twang. "Ah know what Ah am..." Dadada da duh! "Solitary man..."

[/html]
[html]

She didn't miss him in the same way that she missed Khaden, but she did at least recognize the emotion. Ember had been hanging around Utriu a lot lately; too much, maybe, and she was growing more and more attached. Sitting by the water with him, laughing at the things that he did...he was slowly becoming a part of her life, more and more with each time that she went to the coast and visited him. The young adult wasn't sure what it was about the creature that she liked so much--he was quiet, but at the same time she could always tell what he was thinking or trying to say. They didn't even speak the same language.

Of course, Utriu was a whale. That was part of it. Was it possible to have a best friend who wasn't in the same species as yourself? Ember had never been the type of wolf to grow attached to one particular area or one particular wolf (with the exception of Khaden, when he had been around), so this kind of behavior felt strange. A little wrong, even. She shouldn't care so much about the stupid animal.

Maybe it was a part of being in AniWaya. They were supposed to have spirit animals, beings who were responsible for providing them with guidance. Perhaps Utriu was hers, and she just didn't know it yet. For now, he was a friend.

Utriu wasn't the only thing on the dark wolf's mind. She rubbed at her scarred collarbone absently as she walked, thinking. The effects of the alcohol had worn off a few miles ago, when she'd started her trek away from AniWaya. She'd had a lot of fun with Geneva. It wasn't often that she took part in that kind of thing, drinking...but it was nice to do it every once in a while. Especially with the silver Crimson Dreams wolf.

A bright light in the distance caught her attention, and she found herself wandering toward it. Maybe it would be Bane--that was how she had met him the last time, by his fire. Green eyes remained fixed on the light as she walked, rubbing her hands together. It was probably too chilly for such a walk, too late at night. Perhaps she would get lucky, though, and the wolf with the fire would be willing to share.

[/html]
[html]

Don't get snowed in another state for longer than you planned. It messes up all your plans for the entire week. Sorry for the wait, thanks for joining! I'm going to play like your character hasn't quite come into view yet because that's what it sounded like to me. I can edit if need be. Smile

The guitar's warm, metallic voice carried on into the darkness even though Maddie didn't sing aloud anymore. The words floated on internally instead--one might never know it was a sad song just hearing the upbeat tempo of the guitar riff as it was played now. Her fingers played almost automatically, having memorized their role in the music, and so the amber eyes were allowed to go out of focus. The flickering light of the fire came through the holes in the straw cowboy hat, like the fires of the desert. The obsidian woman shivered further into the blanket.

She was there a long while, playing and feeling sorry for herself. The world ceased to exist around her for that time, until the breeze turned to blow the smoke in another direction. That was when her sense of smell was unclouded for the briefest of moments, just enough to catch a whiff of somebody else. A charcoal nose twitched on the end of her muzzle in an attempt to identify the location of the "somebody" before everything was clogged in campfire again. Unsuccessful, she grumbled to herself, "Dud'n matter a dern thang." It wasn't like she was going to be finding friends out here. She wanted to be... deserved to be left alone.

But her body had tensed, ready for confrontation with someone who might throw her off their lawn or act like some other varmint. If they wanted to fight her, she give 'em a hard time--Madison was larger and a little more rugged than most females. Even though the Feh'yuri Tribe had been primarily Mexican-mixes, she'd been the only dark one. The European Luperci of Vegas learned quickly not to pick fights with The Black One or while she was around. She didn't always win, but she fought dirty. So, instead, they had contented themselves with behind-the-back jibes about her preoccupation with those square things--small ones going inside something and large black circles coming out of the big ones--that she manipulated into making music. Madison Square.

Let 'em come, she thought bitterly.

[/html]
[html]

http://i472.photobucket.com/albums/rr87 ... rsouls.jpg); background-attach:top center; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-color:#eee;">

Do you care if I pop in? Sorry if I'm posting before Ember^^'

Catherine didn't really cared about where she was going and if she was in or out the fences of AniWaya. She even worried about any intruders inside the boundaries. leland was a scout too, and he could handle those. She had tried to make Seymour, her peregrine falcon stay in the tribe, but he wouldn't. He was too attached to her. She was his only "mother". At least, he was having some time hunting something nearby.

The cold wasn't problem to her, since her Artic fur was thick and long enough to her. She didn't feel much the cold, actually. A distant harsh called her attention. It was Seymour, but it was too far away, so she had sometime yet to setlte herself somewhere. Looking around, she found a tall pinetree. It remembered pretty much the one she was sleeping lately at AniWaya. A grin flashed on her face and she darted toward it, jumping branch to branch until she found the perfect one. Thick, long and big. She pulled herself up to it and lyed on it, sighing heavily.

She had already getting sleepy, a smell of burn filled her nose. Looking around, she saw a bright spot trembling. Fire. Sniffing the air again, she smelled with the smoke smell the scent of a werewolf. It was an stranger for her. It didn't have the smell of any pack she knew, so it was probably a loner... A bigger smile took on her face and she went down, going to it silently.

As she got nearer, the smell got stronger and she could see it now. It was a female, and it was pretty big. All of a sudden, the wind blowed from behind of her and she darted up the first tree she saw. She just hoped to the female not to smell her. From the high, big branch she sat on, she could see it was playing an instrument. From what she knew it was a guitar. The music was so good to hear... she kept silent and still, no wanting to disturb the music and its player.

[/html]
[html]

The idea that she might be sneaking up on the the wolf made her pause a few feet away from the break in the foliage. Ember didn't want the stranger to believe that she was trying to be sneaky in any way, not if she was hoping to be able to share the fire with them. The fire was the thing that was mostly drawing her toward this place, the notion of company coming in second place. She didn't need any friends other than the ones that she already had, Cercelee, Tayui, and Bane...but she was definitely interested in meeting wolves who weren't from the area. Maybe something was going on somewhere else that she didn't know about because she was living here.

The shifted female stood in uncertainty for a few moments before emerging, holding her hands up in front of her. "Not tryin' to scare you or anything--sorry if I was. Wolves of our color gotta be careful at night, with wanderin' around and all. Might give people the wrong impression"

[/html]
[html]

Welcome to the thread, Marina. Smile So I'm not misunderstanding, are Ember and Catherine clothed? And do they walk human-like or animal-like?

Though her ears strained, Madison couldn't hear the progression of the other dark female over the music, and neither did she suspect any movement in the trees. She couldn't stop playing because she might give away the surprise--that she knew they would surprise her. There was a long moment or two where the obsidian optime was rigid, poised for battle, and the only movements were the nimble fingers and the flickering of firelight. Another light breeze rustled the fabric of her open plaid shirt and the stray black hair that hung over her eyes. Where are ya, varmint?

And finally another dark Luperci stepped from the shadows, hands signaling surrender, and instantly the music ceased. The country girl relaxed, but was still silent a moment more, considering. The fact was that besides the gringos from Vegas, she'd never run into another black wolf in her few months of travel. Beneath the straw hat, amber eyes narrowed. Did Maddie trust this one because she was like herself or distrust her because she resembled the Europeans? "Ain't scareda yew, darlin'," she drawled gruffly, "Sit." The issue of trust still hadn't been decided, but the green-eyed gal was nuthin' but a young'un. If she was dumb enough to pick a fight with a bigger, older, more experienced woman, she had another thing coming. Madison could put down this slip of a youngster, no problem, if it came to that.

"Whatchyew doin' out here all bah yerself, kid? Ain't yer momma gonna be lookin' fer ya?" For this little 'un didn't look old enough to be taking care of herself just yet--at least not by Feh'yuri standards. Of course, those tribal ladies had been very protective mothers to their daughters, and such was the only experience with parents Madison had ever had. Back in the desert, the little girls were never allowed to roam far, which in turn fostered an entire clan of rebellious women. Madison snorted at the memory.

[/html]
[html]

http://i472.photobucket.com/albums/rr87 ... rsouls.jpg); background-attach:top center; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-color:#eee;">

Thanks^^! Oh, Catherine's wearing a pair of jeans and a leather glove, in two-legged position, okay?.

Still and silent, Catherine hold tightly at the branch, hoping the music to never stop. When it stopped, she looked down, alarmed. Why did it stopped? She gasped seeing the reason. Another female wolf, her hands up. The gray female flinched, reconizing who the new black female. "Ember..." she whispered, hardly hearable. Taking away a leaf-filled branch from the way, she was sure: it was Ember, the first one she met in the AniWaya tribe. She smiled, her tail shaking lightly to see her again, though she didn't know if Ember would remember her. Probably not. She stretched carefully toward the black wolves, trying to get a better view. Unfortunately, it was too much weight for the thin tip of the branch. It cracked loudly and the alarmed and surprised stripped wolf fell down, her fall luckily ending in a bush near the tree.

She made a face with the impact. She didn't broke anything, but it hurted anyway. "Oww...!" she nearly howled, still in the middle of the bush. "Why always me...?" she said to herself in a whisper and got up awkwardly, supporting her weight on the trunk with one hand, her backs turned to the stranger and Ember, her head spinning. "My head..." she said to herself, but it passed in two seconds later and she turned back to the others, looking at them in a sorry way. "Hehehe...sorry bothering you...I didn't mean to be a stalker or something, but I couldn't resist a closer look..." she said politely, explaining herself, but them turned to the green-eyed one with a smile. "Hello, Ember." she greeted, hoping to be reconized. "It's me, Catherine." she finished, trying to help her to remember and also to introduce herself to the stranger.

[/html]
[html]
Ember is standing in optime form, and she doesn't wear any clothes. :]

She was considering adding some feathers to her hair to try and fit in a little better with the rest of the tribe...but she wasn't sure about it. Ember was very rarely certain about anything that she did in her life. The only things that remained constant with her was hunting and scouting. She wanted to become a better warrior, to better herself and learn a trade that might help the tribe more...but she didn't know what she would choose as a weapon.

The dark wolf was invited to share the fire and she stepped forward, sitting down at a spot on the other side of the flames. She was pleased that she had been permitted this much; she wasn't sure if she would have done the same thing if she was in Madison's position. "Thanks." She said simply.

Her reply to the female's second comment was cut off as she was distracted by something back behind them, coming out of the brush. She did recognize the female from their meeting at the borders a month or so before, and she looked to Madison. "I know her--she's from my tribe." Ember looked to the other Aniwayan, standing up. "Are you okay? Did you get hurt?"

[/html]
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... blebot.png);background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;">
--

Catherine was happy that Ember reconized her. She smiled to her, glad to not be attacked by anyone. "Don't worry. I'm okay" she reassured the black wolf that came to her direction.

She gestured toward it to relax and turned to the other black wolf. "Aah... I liked the music." she said, but kept standing, not very sure if it was right to ask to sit near the big female, since she just jumped - or better, falled - in without any warning.
Her smile faded quickily to a sorry-about-that face, and used her cute, gooey look at them, hoping that them fall on it. No one ever resisted that face. Her mother always told her to not do it to her, and joked that it even burned. Still with that cute eyes, she kapt there, in silent.

[/html]