i think i'll have another glass of mexican wine
edit: $)$*^)$(^*$ this is supposed to be a LANNEN post.

Lannen had no idea where the sun had gone, but he wanted to chase her. And he had. For months, he had chased the sun across the sky. He could never catch up with her, but she always seemed to find him. He'd seen her peeking from behind the clouds before being obscured again. Lannen loved the sun, probably because she always played hard to get. He'd always been one for the thrill of the chase.

But now, he was grounded, rooted to this tribe called AniWaya. And this had been what he wanted. Hadn't it? He thought of the days he'd spent chasing the sun across changing terrain, the way the journey had weighed on his bones. It seemed that his love affair with the sun was over, but she'd always know to find him. Here. His eyes swept over the snowy, quiet borders. He could learn to love it here.
Thanks for putting this up![html]

Things had gotten better. At least, it had died down some. He still felt broken and wasn’t quite interested in the things that had once given him joy. His medical books and studying had been left behind now, and mostly he spent the days wandering and trying to come to terms with what had happened. His mind set has swayed so much in the past few months. He needed something to refresh him, save him, give him purpose again. But he hadn’t, as of yet, found whatever that thing was.

As he walked idly through AniWaya’s newly claimed territory, he wondered again about Dierdre. He had tried to push thoughts of her away, but somehow they seemed to be filtering back. Perhaps because of this mishap with Hybrid, Pilot’s brain was trying to show him what true love looked like. Or at least a love that was reciprocated. But thinking of Dierdre opened up old wounds, so he had to push that out of his head as well. For now, at least. Until his mind was able to handle it again.

A white wolf stood in the distance; someone Pilot didn’t know. Of course it wasn’t Tayui (since he could spot her anywhere) and he automatically assumed it was another member of the tribe. He decided to approach him (why not?) and see who it was. Maybe if he began to feel like a part of this tribe he would be able to overcome and mentally heal from everything that had come to pass.

[/html]
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... ump/12.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Lannen's wooden brown eyes shifted across the snowy scenery. It was quiet, which was not all together unpleasant. It was familiar to him, to have his thoughts echoed and amplified against the wind. But now he found himself stupidly longing for companionship. That was why he had stopped his journey. It certainly wasn't because he his legs were broken. He could put one foot in front of the other with the best of them, but he was a social creature. And for so long he had been ignoring one of his most basic needs. Lannen didn't like to admit it, but he needed the company of others.

The appearance of a white wolf parted his thoughts. The male cocked his head to the side, curious at the approach of the other. There had been so few times in the recent past that another would just approach him with such ease. Not even in his old home, but he pushed those thoughts away. For now, things were fresh and new. He peered at the male approaching him - maybe not that fresh and new. The male looked awfully familiar.

"Hey," Lannen said in way of greeting. His voice held a thread of question, frayed at the ends. Did he know this wolf? He felt like he did, or like he had, long ago.

[/html]
Big Grin[html]

Pilot offered a smile, though it didn’t come as freely and openly as it would have in the past. He had been an eccentric and lively youth, but much of that had faded away. What was left now was a wolf that Pilot himself had trouble identifying. Perhaps that’s why he felt the need to find something which would make him feel whole again. He just wasn’t sure what that was yet.

"Hi there," he responded, casually raising a hand in the air in greeting. He continued his way towards the other white wolf, before stopping just a few yards away. "I don’t think I’ve met you before, have I? My name’s Pilot Haddon." This stranger didn’t smell strongly of an unfamiliar scent, so he assumed he must have been a member of the tribe as well.

[/html]
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... ump/12.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
I suck!

"Ya know, I was going to ask you the same question," Lannen said, perplexed. There definitely was an air of de ja vu around this meeting. It was giving him the creeps. Why did this male seem so familiar? "My name is Lannen Haddix." He looked at Pilot, trying to figure out what it was that was setting off all of these warning bells and signals. Usually, when his gut twisted this way, it was because he felt there was a threat nearby. But this wolf inspired the opposite - instead he felt like he had a little piece of home.

"Pilot, huh? That's my brother's name," he said. He had never heard of another with that name before. Maybe the was what was giving him the creeps. His brother was long dead by now. Three years dead, in fact. Deader than dead. But why did he feel like, looking into this wolf's face, he was looking into a mirror? He could swear he saw a family resemblance somewhere in his face. In the curve of the brow, in the color of his eyes. "You know, you look a lot like my sister," Lannen said uncomfortably.
[/html]
Wheee~! No worries. :][html]

His name didn’t ring any bells, for those memories were long gone from his head. But his last name intrigued Pilot. It had been a mere coincidence that his surrogate family’s surname so closely matched his true last name. But the fact that Lannen’s name was so close to his piqued Pilot's interest. "Only two letters different," he commented, chuckling. "That’s unusual." And then the white wolf’s next words really sent a chill down Pilot’s spine. He had a brother with the same name as him? Now that was just too weird. Way too much coincidence for one conversation.

"I’ve never heard of anyone else with my name before," Pilot admitted. "That’s really weird," he offered a nervous laugh. At the mention of a sister, Pilot tried to find some relief from the strange sensation creeping through his veins. "Oh really? Is she here too? In AniWaya?" He asked, trying to steer them into territory that would seem more comfortable. He wasn’t sure why his skin was tingling like it was, but something just seemed really weird about this meeting.

[/html]
[html]
Hmmm, things kept getting stranger and stranger. "Yeah, quite unusual." Talking to this guy was like making a pit stop at bizzaro world. He couldn't shake the feeling of almost familiarity. It wasn't that he didn't like the guy - he seemed genuinely nice. But he didn't like the unknown factor that made this encounter strange.

Lannen shook his head. "My sister is - was - about three hundred miles from here. She's passed on." He smiled, thinking of her. "Her pups are still running around in Maine, I bet, though." Her pups, along with the rest of the large family he had left behind.
[/html]
Wow, I suck. A lot. Sorry, I sort of forgot about this. :3[html]

"Oh," Pilot started, feeling embarrassed now that he had asked about her, "I’m sorry." But something intrigued him. "Maine?" He questioned. Pilot had lived in Maine with his surrogate family, though that had been quite some time ago. He still had yet to go back and deliver all of the news about his new life. He owed them that, he knew, but just never had gotten around to it. He and Dierdre’s plan to make a visit had fallen through.

"I grew up in Maine," he told Lannen, offering a small grin. "When I was very young, at least. Say, what was your sister’s name? If you don’t mind me asking…" He was just curious, of course. There was some unknown factor here that seemed so strange.

[/html]