Talking to the ones that are not there
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... ump/07.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Yeah, I'm rambling, and I'm sorry...

One red-furred foot took the last step up on the hillside, finally reaching its destination. Dawali looked out, checking to see whether this was a suitable spot. He needed a lookout, a high place, somewhere he could feel the wind rippling through his furs as if it had a larger meaning than just fluttering by. Somewhere where he could let his gaze wander across what he could see below him, and feel as if there was something great about all of this, something larger than him that pulled the strings and decided everything. Like there were mysteries he did not know, and would never know. Adding more depth to the world, his life. He had had such a place, where no one came but him, where they had lived before. But, tainted and broken by the violence of the shifted strangers, they'd fled, and now the majority of the tribe was struggling again, fighting nature forces that were more powerful than any wolf on its own. His daughter was among them, or so he thought; only Asha was relieving his worries with her presence these days. Aiyanna, his youngest, was nowhere to be seen, but he was quite certain that she was ok. One could never know for sure until the person was there to touch and hear and see, but he knew that she was his daughter, his and Mischka's, and none of them were weak. None of the Amara's were weak.

Sighing, Dawali let his eyes drop to the ground he was standing on. This was not suitable, it simply wasn't good enough! He was worried that he would have to travel far away from the packlands to find his own spot, and he did not like the idea of that. Not just because he was lazy - no - but also because it was riskier. His trust did not come as lightly as it had, when it came to different communities. The lone wolf could probably be trusted, but their societies were another matter... He also had the need to go to this place (wherever "this" was), several times a week, if not every day, and thus somewhere too far away just wouldn't do. And it'd be odd bringing a horse for the trip as well. Stretching out his arm to see if Gvihita was close, Dawali wondered whether her scouting had paid off. Certainly everything he'd found all day hadn't. A few little flights of air brushed through the fur on his arm and suddenly the form of the bird came out of nowhere and settled on the outstretched limb. He smiled at her, and - though she had a beak and in theory could not really show emotion with her mouth - she seemed to look at him disdainfully, and then directed her gaze away from him. She was always like that, strong and not emotional, but she cared for him and they both knew that. "So.. what does the keen eagle eye spy? Have you found anything for me yet?" He spoke, but only for her, nearly whispering. He didn't even have to do that if he didn't want to - the bird often sensed what he wanted without him using any words. She was a master of reading body language, thus he did not need to speak. First looking away for some time, and then directly at him for a second or two, she spoke. No one else would hear her, and no one else could see her, less she wanted to. And she normally didn't. Thus, to an outsider, he would be some moron standing with an empty outstretched arm, whispering to himself. "Eastwards there's a high cliff. You should check that one out. And keep your eyes on your feet so you don't stumble over the edge like a fool." Dawali chuckled, and turned to face eastward. He couldn't see anything, but Gvihita was always right when it came to things like this. So east was the way he should go, probably. "Don't worry, I won't". The bird made sounds as if he indicated that she would even consider worrying about him, and kept her gaze eastwards. And there they stood, both faces pointed at what might be the next key place in Dawali's life around here. They would find out once he got there.

Table by Pilot/Anna! <3
[/html]
[html]
I'm definitely not writing that much Big Grin -fail- But this looked lonely. Is...one person and one NPC okay with you? edit: and look! I did write some Big GrinD

Anu had been something that she just hadn't felt like dealing with tonight. Naniko was very much in love with her mate, but there were times when she absolutely could not stand to be around her. Why was Anu so suspicious of her all the time, and about what she did with their puppies? Pups had to learn! She hadn't put them in any danger by letting them meet their father; in fact, she felt that she was protecting them. She had told them that he wasn't safe and that he was still sick, and now they knew what he looked like. At least, Mati and Haven did. She didn't know when or if Brooklyn or Salem would see Conri.

The disgruntled wolf had taken off from Crimson Dreams in a huff after the argument, walking off into the night without another look back. She would give Anu some time alone to think about things; she'd made her case, and now she would have to just wait and see if the timberwolf would come around. She'd wanted to visit AniWaya anyway, to see how her sibling was faring there, but hadn't actually intended on going tonight. She didn't know why her feet had taken her there of all places.

Just as she was beginning to enter the borders she heard a sound, and turned around quickly. A stark-white wolf stood a few yards back, its ears held down and its tail low to the ground. "Mama? I saw you--I followed you here. I was worried. Is you okay?" It was Brooklyn. The Commander looked back at her daughter, trying to decide what to say. What would be appropriate to tell her? Not much. She didn't want it getting back to Anu that she was talking to their children about what they argued about, either. "I'm alright. I thought I would take a little trip, is all."

That was a good answer. Naniko was often found around her children and mate, and not many others. She had taken a lot of time off from her social life to stay in the den and care for the pups, and only now was she beginning to branch out again. Brooklyn had the ability to go off on her own, too, but she often followed her mother on her various trips outside of the packlands. "Oh. You isn't leaving...us for good?" The pup asked. "Is what I thought. I just see'd you leavin'"

Naniko shook her head. "No. Not for good. I promise." She answered as the other white wolf approached, sitting down beside her. "I was going to see Ember. Maybe she'll come to the border if we wait around a bit. If she doesn't, though, we can head back together. Alright?"

[/html]
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... ump/07.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
You and bebe is fine, I just didn't want lots of different posters Smile

The horizon became blurry as thoughts took over his mind, thoughts about his daughter, and Mishcka and the old praying cliff he had spent so much time at. Where he had begged for his wife's life, and begged for Aiyanna not to become ill as her mother was. Mischka had gone, but Aiyanna had made it, though now she was lost to him again. Certainly, he was turning into some melancholy loner, thinking of the past, thinking of everything that he wished had not happened, and that in itself was saddening. He had been strong, but silent and seemingly weak, and quite optimistic, if realistic. And now he felt old. Perhaps going east to find the cliff would help him. Suddenly, a claw biting into his arm brought him out of the line of thought, and perhaps that was just as well - it hadn't been going anywhere constructive anyways. There's someone down there. A shift of weight on his arm told him that Gvihita had taken off and flown down to see who was there, and - quite a lot more slowly - Dawali started his descent as well. He was curious, but not alerted. Gvihita had grown suspicious after everything that had happened, and Dawali didn't mind. It allowed him to not be suspicious, so it was all good, really. Finally reaching the place where cliff became solid ground on all sides, Dawali spotted a white figure through vegetation and past rocks that were large, but small in comparison to the rocks that made the hill. Gvihita came flying back and settled on him again, this time on his shoulder. Just a woman and her puppy she sighed, and Dawali was - as always - eager to comment on her behavior when it came to strangers. I doubt they've come to kill us, don't you think? As suspected, the bird did not reply, but looked at him flat-eyed and resigned. Chuckling, Dawali moved closer to the pair - although he could not see a puppy yet. Their voices were there, but he could not distinguish the words. He might as well hear them out on why they were playing around on the tribe's borders.

Table by Pilot/Anna! <3
[/html]
[html]
That is such a pretty Annatable. <33

She wasn't sure whether she should be on some kind of an alert. Naniko felt more protective with Brooklyn there with her...like she should be ready to defend her, but Ember lived in this pack. Just that fact made her feel a little more relaxed, unworried. She didn't think that her younger sibling would join a pack that had a bad reputation. Truth be told, she didn't know much about AniWaya at all beyond the fact that the dark wolf had joined up with it.

Brooklyn waited patiently, looking into the territory before them. She knew not to rush inside, and wouldn't have trespassed either way...whether she was there with her mother or not. It was polite to sit outside the borders and wait, even if the wolves inside took a while to come and see them. She was willing to wait as long as her mother did, though, to see Ember. She had seen her Auntie around a couple of times, going in and out of Crimson Dreams over the last couple of months, but hadn't ever had an actual conversation with her.

"Someone's comin, Mama." She said, icy eyes fixed on the brush. "I can smell 'em."

[/html]
[html]
Yeah it is, isn't it? Big Grin
Is "women's" technically right when it's plural possessive form? My spelling program keeps nudging me for it, but as far as I've learned it should be right. Plural of woman = women, possessive = 's ...? Sad

The white silhouette slowly grew in size as he approached the pair, and the puppy Gvihita has spotted proved to Dawali that he was indeed present (although Gvihita's ken eyes never faltered), speaking loudly to her(?) mum. He couldn't pinpoint the gender of the small one from voice and smell alone. When they were so small they tended to be masked by their parents' scents, and a child's voice was sometimes just that; a child's voice, without gender. The smell of the mother was very noticeable, however, and since he could not smell even a trace of male except from himself, he assumed the child to also be of female gender. Sheesh, as if there weren't enough of them already, why'd they have to go and multiply? Though, he didn't mean this heartfelt, having two daughters himself, and he (sometimes) enjoyed the presence of women. It was just that they made him feel this uncertainty, fearing he'd do something folly, which in turn caused him to do so. So it wasn't the women's fault, really, it was his own. It had become increasingly hard after Mischka's death, so he'd just have to work on it, he supposed.

He made it no secret that he was approaching them, making noises and stepping on old branches on purpose so he wouldn't startle them. So when he finally brushed a large branch aside and caught them in his view, he expected them to know that he was doing just that. Speaking as he pulled the branch aside, Dawali had a smile on his face, attempting to be friendly. He could act natural at least in the beginning, it was only when the conversation started to move for certain he became unsure. Hello there! Speaking to get their attention, he directed the sentence at the woman, nodding at her. Letting his yellow eyes fall to the ground, there was the little pup, clearly a female. She was a cute one, and looking at the woman it was clear that they were mother and child. After all, it could have been a caretaker, but there was no doubt about their close relation. Slowly and carefully, the male got onto one knee to be more level with the pup, and spoke directly to the girl. Oh my! Now, what is such a cute little girl doing so far away from home? The smile on his face wasn't fake politeness; Dawali loved children. At first, when he was a fresh father, he'd been tense about it, but soon found that it came naturally. Children were easier than adults anyway, especially little girls versus older girls.

Table by Pilot/Anna! <3
[/html]
[html]
I'm actually not sure! womens' maybe?

Naniko was rarely uncertain about anything, so the events that had occurred earlier that night were difficult to swallow for the white wolf. She didn't like fighting or arguing of any kind, especially not with the one wolf who she loved and lived with. She doubted that she would be able to go back to the den for several days without facing the silver female's wrath. She didn't know if she deserved it or not, having exposed their pups to their secret father...but at the time, she had thought that it was the right thing to do. She tried not to regret things that she had done in the past.

She felt especially comfortable with her daughter there to lighten the mood, the half grown pup's antics bringing a grin to her otherwise solemn face. She was lucky to have the wonderful children that she did; two sons and two daughters. They were great, really, very helpful and obedient. As far as she knew, they weren't getting into any trouble outside of the packlands, which was great too. The fuzzy white pup looked up expectantly, listening to judge the distance away that the approaching wolf was. Pointed ears stood alert as Dawali cleared the brush and came forward, going to his knee in front of her. He certainly looked strange to her!

She couldn't quite discern them in the impeding darkness, but she thought that she could see feathers hanging down from his head. Why would a wolf want feathers on their head? Intrigued, Brooklyn stood up. She had to know! "Is here looking fur auntie--she live here wiv you? She has feathurs in hur hairs too?" Did everyone here have that? She wanted some!

Naniko spoke then, her tone as light and airy as the one that Dawali had used. "Sorry--she has a lot of questions. We came to see if Ember was around. I think that this is the right place--Ani...something." She should have known the pack's name, really. But right now she couldn't recall it. "We're from Crimson Dreams, East of here."

[/html]
[html]
none of them are approved. I'm beginning to think the spell-check is retarded.
sorry for the slight rambling..

The child's excitement was very present, but she did not squeal and scream like other children might do. A quiet one, perhaps, or well brought up. The femme seemed to be calm of personality, and things like these were often easily picked up by children, whether one wanted to or not. His own children had his calmness, but had also adopted Mischka's fierceness, and since they were female they relied on the last one the most. But when it came to the hard times, and the awkward situations, Dawali's tendency to calmness suddenly emerged in them, letting them solve their quarrels easier. Perhaps this was a similar calmness, that the child had picked up from her ivory mother. Or, perhaps, Dawali had scared her a little - you'd never know with children.

The red wolf male chuckled at the little girl as she spoke to him, especially when she mentioned his feathers. Having the profession he did, and the rank that he held, he did perhaps have more feathers in his mane than others. It wasn't vanity, exactly, but then again he didn't know what else it could be. Most of us have feathers in our hair. If your auntie has decided to, she might have put some in hers as well. Quickly reaching behind him with one hand, he snapped off a smaller of the feathers and handed it to the little one. It had warm, natural colors and wasn't dyed like some of the others. It'd look nice against her light fur. They can make a little girl feel very pretty, you know... A little wink escaped his eye before he put his hands on his knees and stood up again, now addressing the adult.

Hehe, don't worry about her questions, I have children myself, I know what it is like. Smiling, he glanced down at the little one again, suddenly wishing his days of parenting weren't past after all. They certainly were cute, but at times they could also feel like a burden. Tilting his head as the femme spoke, he wondered how a stark white femme as herself could be related to the black ayastigi. Though, she could be the mate of someone, and thus Ember could be the aunt of the little one. Aunts and the like weren't necessarily related through blood. Nodding at the femme, Dawali confirmed that she was indeed int he right place. Ah yeah, you're right. This is AniWaya, our tribe's land. Oh and I'm Dawali, pleased to meet you two. Slightly tipping his head so his nose pointed towards the ground for a second or two, he gave the femme a proper introduction and greeting, compared to that slight nod a few seconds ago. A friend of Ember was his friend, and he knew when to be polite.

Table by Pilot/Anna! <3
[/html]
[html]
-rambles too-

It made her smile to watch the way that the two interacted. She didn't know if this male had ever had children of his own, or if he simply knew these kinds of things. How to act around young ones. Naniko felt strangely at ease as she sat there, letting her daughter take the lead in their conversation with the stranger. Brooklyn was a bright girl, good at speaking to others and getting her opinions and points across. Naniko was slowly teaching her more and more. Maybe Brooklyn would lead her own pack someday.

Brook craned her head to the side, trying to see all of the feathers that he had. They were all very beautiful colors, some colors that she had only seen once or twice in her entire life. The picture books that her mother brought home from the city sometimes had color painted on the pages to make the images seem more real, but more often than not they were in black and white. She had never seen a wolf with feathers in their hair before. It was so interesting! She wasn't sure what he was doing when he reached behind himself, and almost backed away, but she soon realized what he had done. A feather for her! She touched it with one toe, laughing. It was so soft--it tickled her paw.

Naniko reached down for the feather, sliding it into the fur behind the white pup's ear. Brooklyn flicked her ear back and forth a few times to make sure that it wasn't going to fall out, then grinned back up at Dawali. "Is! Is a pretty feather, too" She'd always be on the lookout for feathers, now. She'd seen one or two before...but they had always been very darkly colored.

The mother shook her head, still amused, waiting for his introduction before she spoke again. "I thought so...but some people just have it naturally. The patience and understanding" She wasn't exactly sure what a tribe was. She wasn't too worried about looking ignorant; she couldn't help the fact that she had been born and raised in these lands, and hadn't been exposed to much. "I'm Naniko D'angelo and this is Brooklyn D'angelo, my daughter. You said a tribe? I've never heard that word. At least...not used with wolves."

It was definitely interesting information, though, information that she could relay back to Savina. They liked to keep track of the neighbors; packs came and went, but she hoped to keep Crimson Dreams around for a while. And this tribe was very close to their packlands, in all reality. She wanted to know what they were like, especially if Ember felt like she fit in here. She had to know that Ember was alright. "Ember is my sister through adoption; my mother had her litter after adopting me. We were wondering how she was--if she was doing okay." She explained, trying to show their goodwill. They weren't here for no reason, sniffing around another group's borders.

[/html]
[html]
Rambleparty! Big Grin

The girl seemed to enjoy the gift, and responded in the same calm excitement she had spoken with earlier. A trusting little child, innocent-looking (like most children), enhanced greatly by that pure-colored pelt. She reminded him a lot of his youngest, Aiyanna, probably because it wasn't that long since she had been Brooklyn's age. Her pelt had been pure as well, but with warm colors instead. He was tempted to bend down again and ruffle the girl's head, she was that cute, but he resisted the notion. It was one thing to talk freely with the child of another, who in addition was a stranger, but another thing to actually touch the child. The little girl would probably be well entertained by her new little feather anyways, thus him giving his full attention to her mother would probably not offend.

She replied to his comment about children, and he let it pass without following up; the other part of the conversation that followed was more interesting. Nodding as he listened to her introduction and whatever additional information she offered him, he quickly thought to himself that he ought to have explored a bit more now that they had settled properly. He'd done a fair bit in the beginning, but it had been exploring of the environmental kind. He should be establishing contacts in the other packs, especially since he was sub-leader. Or at least he thought himself given that duty, however how true it was he didn't know.

The femme seemed puzzled about his usage of the word tribe, and he waited for her to finish before he attempted to clarify anything for her. Tribe, pack, I think it's much of the same. We have a lot of very old traditions, though, and our numbers are spread over a few large family trees. Hoping his reply had given her anything of an explanation to the difference (which he didn't really know in the first place. Her lack of understanding the term "tribe" went hand in hand with his lack of understanding "pack"), Dawali smiled at her. Quickly after, she also suddenly offered him a solution to the mystery he'd spotted earlier; the contrast between her pelt and Ember's. Adopting children didn't happen much within the tribe, at least not traditionally it didn't. If a parent died, however, was probably the more usual solution, but the child would still stay within the bloodline. Rarely had they encountered orphaned children, and when they had they had of course taken care of them. Such situations would probably be the most similar thing he could think of. Despite the lack of a true bond of blood, the adopted children were still equal family members and were treated thereafter. So even if Ember wasn't related to Naniko in blood, they were in spirit. Ah I see. Well she seems to be doing ok, I've run into her more than once and she seems fairly happy here. Although, naturally, I wouldn't know her even remotely as well as I'm sure you do, but at least from what I've seen she is enjoying it here. It felt strange, talking about Ember to her sister, as if he knew anything about her. Truly, the only thing Dawali knew about the femme was that she was occasionally as clumsy as himself, but far more knowledgeable than him with human things, and that she seemed to enjoy social settings - having bumped into her on more than one of such situations. Other than that he was at a loss, really, but she hadn't voiced anything in particular as bothering her to him, and thus he assumed that she was happy. He hoped she was, and believed himself not to be lying.

Table by Pilot/Anna! <3
[/html]
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... bottom.png);background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;">

Naniko had always felt that she would someday become a leader. She liked it; she didn't feel like a dictator, but like a wolf who others could look to for reassurance and guidance. She did many things in her life already that helped her with leading the pack; as a healer, she'd had to deal with many strange situations. And as a mother, she had also dealt with similar situations. This was her first litter, but she had been caring for pups for most of her life.

"Some packs are like that, I think. I know that Dahlia de Mai contains a few different families...and Crimson Dreams is becoming very much the same. With me and my pups and Savina and Kansas. I'm sure that they will have pups coming along in the future. But we don't have many traditions yet--we're still making them. It's good to hear that Ember is doing well--she is very independent, and I'm never quite sure what she's up to"

She looked beyond him, into the territory. They had really been hoping to find Ember, but this conversation was turning out to be very interesting. "Do you think that we might be able to come inside? I have never been to this part of the lands before. If you came to Crimson Dreams, I could show you around there, as an exchange?"

[/html]
[html]
This is crap, I'm sorry >_<
Your table is HOT though
Word Count: 355

The white female nodded and spoke, comparing her own pack to their tribe. Once anyone in such a group managed to put children to the world, the family trees would start growing, and family became an increasingly important part of their everyday life. Dawali wasn't sure how much this was the reality for all the other packs around here, but it seemed to be with Crimson Dreams, and it definitely was so with AniWaya, even though most of the families were still left behind somewhere. Represented here in numbers, Dawali's family would have to be the largest of the original AniWayan family trees, but Tayui had already gone beyond that with just one litter, which said a lot about the few members they did in reality have. Naniko expressed a worry for her sister, or perhaps a concern, and said that Ember could be a very independent female. This matched Dawali's impression as well, especially since he had run into her on the island. A lot of people would have dreaded giving into such a temptation as to seek the big whale, as it might be frowned upon, but Ember had not. She seemed not as afraid of judgment as the rest of the world, going her own way. Clearly, this was a good feature. Hehe, yes I've noticed she isn't always the easiest to find.

She seemed eager to know the tribe's lands, and Dawali would gladly show her around. After all she was the sister of Ember, and would probably come here to visit anyways, so it didn't matter when she got a look around. She would get one eventually. Besides, Naniko was quite pleasant to speak to, and the child's presence eased up any awkwardness he might feel towards the dame. He was standing in front of a clearing in the vegetation, blocking it in a way, but now he stepped aside, turning himself sideways and motioned for the two to pass while he spoke. Of course! I'd be delighted to come see how your pack lives as well, I've been meaning to meet up with a representative from every pack anyways.

Table by Pilot/Anna! <3
[/html]
[html]
That one was made by Lin ^^ I just made Nani a new one now that I'm back--I'm table obsessed o.o <33

Naniko's own family, the D'angelos, had once held the lands in a firm grip. They had dominated the Chimera pack and had slowly bled into the others as well...but those times had long since past. Now the only of her old family who were still around were very distant relatives--some of the de le poer children were of mixed D'angelo blood, and a few from other packs fell into the faraway category of family as well, in her mind. It wasn't enough of a bond for her to seek them out to ask them about their lives or care much about what they did, but it was there nonetheless. She also held ties to a few others, like her ex-mate Conri's mother Soran and her sister Dierdre's mother Deuce and her mate Lucifer. They were close to being family.

"Me too. With all the packs forming and disbanding...it's hard to keep track of everyone. But occasionally there are fights and such, with the coyotes up to the North...so it's good to know who's there and how many each group has. And their feelings on certain subjects. In Crimson Dreams, we tend to stay out of things that don't directly affect us. Fights and things like that...they aren't our concern, but the business of those doing the fighting." She stood, nodding. She didn't know if what she was saying was making any sense. Things involving war and fighting were always very complicated to begin with. "There were fights before...and we managed to stay out of it then."

The feather that was stuck in her fur fell into Brooklyn's face a little and she bit at it with sharp teeth, positioning it so that she could more easily blow it into place. She blew a stream of air up at it, trying to get it to settle back behind her ear. "Uck. Dun tastes too good." The girl said, shaking her head. When she heard that her mother's request had been accepted she got to her feet, looking off into the territory that the Aniwayan male had come from. "Dere is more feavers in dere?" She queried.

[/html]
[html]
Haha, I know what you mean. I tend to mass-produce tables on a general basis, but for some odd reason I stick with just two on Dawali
This is a little crap, I is sorreh

Naniko spoke about fights and war, and for the year (nearly) that Dawali had spent here he had seen none of either. Of course, he could see the necessity of keeping track, especially if one's family was somewhat scattered around the place. Apparently there'd been an amount of fighting, though Dawali hadn't managed to get ahold of that information. This group to the north, though, he had heard them mentioned before, and they seemed to be a group that was fairly fond of violence. Or perhaps a better way to put it would be that they were overly represented when it came to violent situations. Whatever the fancy words: Dawali wanted no business with them. He knew the dangers of aggressive neighbors, and they had come here to avoid their old ones of that sort. He did not intend to bring danger onto them by even thinking about contacting the coyotes.

Fights are no one's business, or rather that's how it should be, the male said, his eyes grave as he looked first to Naniko, then at Brooklyn. I'm glad you and your folks managed to stay out. I intend to keep mine as far away as possible. The girl didn't stand still, though, as children do, and soon she broke the serious atmosphere that was making the grown ups think about depressing matters. You're right, they don't taste nice at all. But they're not made for eating anyways! Chuckling, Dawali looked at her and bent down a little, pointing in the direction of the packlands. Lots of them. Do you want to come see?

Table by Pilot/Anna! <3
[/html]
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... bottom.png);background-position:bottom;background-repeat:no-repeat;">

There were many fights and battles that Naniko had not heard of. She didn't get away from Crimson Dreams too often, and when she did she was normally on her own doing tasks or jobs that were important for the pack. So mostly business. Even this friendly meeting with Dawali involved business, a bit. She was finding out more about the packs in the surrounding areas. "I agree." She said, nodding continuing to look past Dawali into the AniWayan territory. She had never been this way before, not this far out. These territories were relatively close to their packlands, but she hadn't had the opportunity to visit them before today. And today it had just been luck that she'd found Dawali instead of a different pack member who might have turned them away. Brooklyn liked him, too, so that was also a plus.

The pup jumped around a bit, ready to start walking again. She weaved in and around her mother's feet, looking in the same direction that Naniko was, into AniWaya. What would these packlands be like? Different from her own, she was sure! Things already smelled really weird to her, and they would probably smell even stranger. But to the wolves here, those smells were probably normal. Just like how things smelled good to her in Crimson Dreams. Familiar. The blue-eyed puppy spoke up, stopping in her almost-constant movements to talk. "Yes please!"

[/html]
[html]
Sorry for the wait.
Word Count: 344

Naniko nodded in agreement, and Dawali saw that she was perhaps as eager as her child to enter their tribe's lands, although probably of different reasons. Probably she was hoping to run into her sister, Dawali figured, although he might be wrong. He knew that he was also keen on seeing other packs' areas, simply out of curiosity, and thus could find in himself that very same urge as he assumed Naniko - and her child - was feeling right now. That child now jumped around like any kid did at her age - with a tremendous amount of energy for such a small body. They seemed to have the very best confidence in themselves sometimes, children, or at least in their balance. The acrobatics he'd seen children do continued to amaze him as he remembered them years after. Somehow they managed never to hurt themselves as much as grown-ups would, would they be silly enough to try to copy those acrobatics. Brooklyn, however, wasn't quite the circus show right now, but Dawali didn't doubt for a second she could put up a proper display as any child could. His question was promptly answered with a proper "Yes please!" - eager but quite polite, and Dawali's face broke out in a smile again. Well we best be on our way then, huh? Skip along! He looked at the child and winked at her, communicating his playfulness, before he got up and did that very particular gesture he ended up doing several times every time he met someone. His parents had brought him up too well, probably. Bending his face slightly, he closed his eyes for a moment or two as his head lingered in the position, and his arms motioned for Naniko to move along in front of him. It felt better to introduce someone to a place when he didn't walk ahead of them - he'd just look back to them all the time and trip over things or something. He'd rather not do that, even though Brooklyn might enjoy that very much.

Table by Pilot/Anna! <3
[/html]