i know who you are.
[html]
just because i came to visit doesn't mean you have to hide.
i'll be waiting on the side of your house,
with an empty bodybag
and a loaded forty-five.

The Angel had taken many of his memories. The creature could only remember bits and piece of his existence, and no longer knew what parts were false and real. Dreams became reality and memories shifted to illusion. He could see Them all around, shifting in the darkness and edging ever closer. The moon's light was sporadic, broken for long period of time by the clouds that dusted snowflakes across the icy pavement. He sat by the opening, a hole torn into the side of a house, and peered out into the street. A shadow moved across the snow as the moon fled, blocking out all of the light and leaving behind a solid wall of darkness. The hair along his neck lifted as the shadows fell, ears rising atop his head as They inched closer, dragging nails across the glass and shuffling quickly across the dusty wood and frozen snow. A snarl tore from his muzzle, warning them back and sulphur poured from his throat. They recoiled briefly, shifting as they waited before again inching closer. They would grab him and snatch him away, but he wasn't ready. Without the Angel's favor he would be sentenced to an eternity of darkness, away from his Light, cast into the frozen depths of the Pit.
        They crawled across his body when he slept, touching him and violating him until he awoke screaming. Hours blurred together and he didn't sleep, unable to allow himself to sink into dark, helpless oblivion. He was far too vulnerable when he slept. He couldn't see. He couldn't hear. Blackness pressed in from all sides, suffocating him. And nightmares flooded his senses. He snarled again, bristling and lunging, slamming his feet on the floor. They would tear him apart and destroy him if They touched him--he knew it. Everything he knew, the Angel had told him. The weakness had since left his body, but he was still ragged and weak for other reasons. Lack of sleep and rarely eating contributed to this. The muscle beneath his flesh had dissolved, leaving him like a skeleton with skin and hair stretched across.
        He longed for the Angel's Light and warmth. But he also longed for her. Her name, it fluttered in and out of his consciousness, but her face--it was burned into his memory. Of course, it had deluded and been twisted and changed over time and disease, but he longed for her features and touch. His desire was like a burning sickness, tearing his chest apart. He wanted her more than life itself. One touch in the manner he longed for would be his death. He would die once he'd received what he wanted. But he wouldn't die satisfied. Once he tasted her, he would be consumed further, only wanting more, more, more. The creature was disgusted with this mortal affliction, but it filled him and he could not exhaust it. He could only pretend all others were her.
        Eyes flashed in the darkness, fire and sulphur filling the room as he snarled--backed into the corner, yet poised ready and on offense. Tongue slipped between his fangs, laughing as he dragged his nails through the trenches he'd already gouged into the wooden surface below him. Not yet.
[/html]
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... p/06v2.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

She was growing more and more adventurous each day, but today she felt that she had gone a little too far. Siobhan had been away from Inferni before, but she had always been accompanied by an adult or another member of the clan. The farthest South she'd ever been had been Crimson Dreams, where she had met the little pup Haven. The girl had gone there today to see him, but he had been out doing other things on his own. She should have known that he wouldn't be there all the time...but at the same time she felt very sad that she hadn't gotten to play with him today.

The young albino took a sniff at the pavement that she walked upon, trying to gain some perspective. Where was she? She knew that she was in some kind of a city, but where? It was a huge place, impossible for her to navigate. She might have been able to with Haven there by her side...but he wasn't anywhere in sight. Occasionally the female took a glance behind her to make sure that he really wasn't, though, red eyes scanning over the dilapidated buildings.

A sound ripped out of a structure close to her and she nearly jumped out of her skin, ears going back and fur bristling. She skidded backwards a few steps before she gained enough courage to take a look into the place. Was there someone there? A scary monster, probably. Just from the sound she could tell that whoever it was...they'd be scary.

[/html]
[html]
with an empty bodybag
and a loaded forty-five.

He could smell something, and it smelled delicious. There was a hissing in the darkness, and the creature leaned forward, peering out into the moonlit street. There was nothing there. Only snow and ice and broken down buildings. Then something moved. Muzzle wrinkled, lifting his lips off his teeth as he growled softly, watching where he'd seen the movement. It wasn't one of them, that was for sure. Something of this world; something alive and something tasty. There was the movement again! It was very small and blended in perfectly with it's surroundings, given away by the shadow it cast from the moonlight against the snow. Where the ice glistened, this thing didn't. Twin eyes of crimson peered back at him from the little being and he smiled, slinking from his hiding place toward the creature.
        No, not yet, something whispered, and he slowed his pace further, moving in a slow, serpentine manner toward the child. Slowly, slowly. It's more fun that way, came the voice, and he found he concurred for the time being. "Here kitty, kitty, kitty," he purred, his voice cracking from lack of usage. And yet his tone still remained somehow velveteen, seeming to barely rise above a whisper, yet carrying clearly across the frozen expanse between them. "Far from home, aren't we, little girl? I'd be careful--there's monsters hiding in the dark." He smiled a deathly beautiful smile, slowing his pace to crawl once he'd moved within leaping distance of the pale coyote. But he continued to circle, eyes drawing across the girl like a hungry dog eyeing it's next meal.
[/html]
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... p/06v2.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

"Who is there? You should come out into the open--see Siobhan" She wasn't sure what a kitty was, exactly, or why this coyote wanted one of them. Adelaida had told her that coyotes were bad and that they hurt wolves...but what about other coyotes? Would one of them hurt her? She had only ever met coyotes from Inferni, never any lone ones. "Where is the kitty?" She questioned, looking around.

She turned around to face him as he circled her, not letting him get behind her. Or trying, at least. "What is you doing out here at night?" She asked, red eyes trying to focus on his form through the darkness.

[/html]
[html]
with an empty bodybag
and a loaded forty-five.

He was hungry. This thing smell warm and delicious and he wanted a taste. "Why, you are the kitty," he crooned, tongue flashing across deadly white teeth. Tail flicked behind his back as he circled, unobtrusively edging closer and closer with each step. For now he was content with playing games, making a challenge of laying his teeth into this soft-furred little thing. He could so easily lung and snap her up, squealing like a tiny piglet between his jaws, but that was far too simple. And would take up far too little time. And for the moment, he had time to spare. Of course, his moral shell could only last so long. But the night lacked any other activities than tearing apart this small child.
        She did strike up an intriguing image, he did note, peering closely at her rather unique appearance. White as the newly fallen snow with eyes the color of freshly spilled blood. And as far as he could tell, this little girl was all coyote--not mixed, like is normally associated with such a bizarre look. He was almost interested in seeing her grow up into a woman, and then tasting her in a different way than simply her flesh and blood. Of course, the creature still wished to see the life fade from those pretty little eyes, but that didn't stop him from wanting to fuck her first. She was just too small at the moment.
        "I live out here," the coyote continued, continuing to slink around her on paws that made no sound. Like a ghost, or a shadow emerging from the darkness. "The perfect time to hunt. Shouldn't a little girl like you be back home with Mommy?" he breathed, the last word causing a shard of pain to erupt in his chest. Oh, how he longed for her, even now.
[/html]
[html]

"Siobhan...she is a coyote. Not a kitty. She can be a kitty for you if you wants...to pretend?" She asked, still frowning. What did he want with her? She had been told not to go wandering around after the big circle had gone all the way down into the ground...but she had gone out many other times without running into a single other coyote or wolf. She had thought that it would be safe.

"You is not with a clan? Or a pack?" Siobhan would still attempt to make conversation, even if what this coyote was saying wasn't making much sense. He spoke of hunting. She had never hunted for herself; her mother had told her that it was a task that she didn't need to learn. And so far Ezekiel and Gabriel had given her all the food she could eat. She was really hungry right now, though...maybe he would help her. "Mom is gone. She hurted Siobhan, and made Siobhan run away. But we hunt together? Us? Me is very hungry."

[/html]
[html]
with an empty bodybag
and a loaded forty-five.

His grin returned, sparked by silent laughter stirred at the little girl's words. "Then let's pretend," he purred oh-so-silkily, voice like velvet under the hoarse croak. "Little lost kitty, I'll protect you until the sun comes back up. No monsters shall have you while I'm around." Only the irony was, he was the monster, lurking in the darkness with unholy desires for this small child. He circled close as she would allow, muzzle leaning in to sniff at her soft, snowy coat. She smelled delicious and he longed for a bite.
        "For the moment, I am alone," the coyote replied, unable to even remember his own name, let alone if he belonged anywhere. But far as he could tell, there was no need for him to wallow in the presence of other coyotes. The Angel was all he needed in this world. Everything else was simply second-best and nothing more than an addition. A smell that lingered on the girl's coat seemed to stir some sort of familiarity, but it was lost to carnal desire, believing that simply to be all it was. But even when he could remember, Inferni had been nothing but a waiting point. A futile hope that Mother would some day return and find him waiting, loyal as ever. Perhaps the most loyal of all, for even Molochai had vanished after leaving her side. He would never have left her side by choice--she had abandoned him.
        Faint wrinkle formed along his muzzle at her words. This girl's mother was not his, who could never have chased him away, even if she'd struck at his flesh and tore him down in every way imaginable. If anything, he would have enjoyed that. He'd allowed Molochai to have his way with him simply because he'd been Mother's favorite and probably tasted close as possible to her. To have had Mother have her way with him? He would die of sheer pleasure. "Why not?" he said, flicking his tail as he peered out into the darkness. The city was not the perfect hunting ground for prey for this little girl, but it would have to do. Of course, he himself had found his dinner right here, though he chose to take his time in savoring it. "What sort of thing would Siobhan like to eat?" Deer and elk were going to be a rarity among the decayed buildings surrounding them.
[/html]
[html]

OH HAY GUYS.
     The voice had drawn him in. Ezekiel did not always follow Siobhan, but something had felt peculiar. For well over an hour he had been keeping his distance, staying downwind and using the skills that Tristan had taught him. Four legged (a form far more apt to stalking), one might have imagined he was a full blooded coyote if not for his age—this betrayed the fact he was not fully grown, and still had some more weight to gain.
     Amber-gold eyes trailed the white figure and the man with her. It was only as the wind shifted, carrying that familiar voice, that he realized who it was. Even though Ezekiel had not spent much (nay, any) time with his uncle, that did not mean he would not recognize him. Something far more diabolical was in that voice though, something that made Ezekiel’s hair stand on end. A growl grew in his chest and his eyes became ferocious—revealing the truth of his lineage. It took him only a few seconds to close the gap and place himself at Siobhan’s side. It was a protective stance, one that he had taken with her before. She would understand what that meant. “What are you doing?” He hissed at his uncle, untrustworthy of the peculiar feeling and the madman’s eyes.
[/html]
[html]
This reminds me of that one part in The Lion King with the hyenas/Simba/Nala/daddy lion

Her social skills weren't good for her age. She had grown without knowing many of the things that were necessary for survival, without seeing another creature of her own kind besides her mother. She had followed every word that mother had said very closely, had attempted to please her in any way that she could. She hadn't known that pups were supposed to be fed on a regular basis, that were supposed to go on adventures and learn things like hunting and tracking. Zeke had shown her so much in the time that she had known him, even bringing her back here to live with him and his clan. She would always be grateful to him for that.

Siobhan was considering the question when she felt the air move around her. She was small, so she had to look up to see who it was. She should have known that Ezekiel would be nearby--the two were often found together, planning walks and hunts or accidentally meeting up different places throughout the week. She was allowed to go out by herself without him...but she liked having him around.

But she had been told not to do this specifically--not to go really far away from Inferni at night time. Her ears went back and she took a few steps backwards, white tail dipping down to curl between her back legs. Was something bad going on that she didn't know about? Why was Zeke so mad at this stranger? She watched the body language that was being displayed, trying to figure it out.

[/html]
[html]

mel is a cool kid. :]

The little girl hadn’t even answered his inquiry before something interrupted their interaction. Crimson eyes suddenly burning, lips pulled back in a faint snarl the demon’s hair bristled as he stared down the beast. Before the child had appeared a guardian angel all light and flame, brandishing his burning sword. ”Me?” he asked in feigned shock, own words a dull growl between his snow-white fangs. The child hid behind her savior, suddenly unattainable without a decent fight. A challenge had arisen, and the coyote was intrigued. She was obviously special, to be guarded so fiercely by such a being. He suddenly smiled, looking between the two creatures. Oh, how much more fun this had turned out to be! ”I was thinking of getting the girl something to eat,” he said lightly, demeanor suddenly shifted. ”Ask her. Little Siobhan,” and here he lowered his gaze to the pale creature. ”Did you not mention to me that you were hungry?” And here he smirked, eyeing the strange male. ”What, you think I’d eat her?” he asked, lying like the deceitful serpent he was. Of course he would.

[/html]
[html]

Though he felt Siobhan’s presence, his focus was on Samael and Samael alone. The boy might have very well been his father, for the holy rage in his eyes. He had been trained well and knew that something was terribly wrong. Sickness and madness smelled all too similar, and while he could not identify these with his inexperience, he knew they were bad.
     All of the words were lies. Ezekiel’s lips pulled back, revealing young white teeth. “Don’t talk to her,” he hissed, legs stiff and tail standing upright. His father had warned him of his uncle, and his father was infallible. “Go away. You’re not well.” Short, snappy. The faster he could get the girl away from him the better. Whatever else his uncle was, there was a reason he had been the clan’s lead hunter—because he was a killer.
[/html]
[html]

Siobhan didn't really understand what was so wrong about the situation. Something had gone bad. Were they going to fight? She listened to the conversation carefully. It was true that Samael hadn't done anything to her. He had spoken to her about getting something to eat, but that was all. "Yes. We was going to hunt" She answered, frowning.

Was it not good to hunt with others? He was a coyote, so she had thought that it was okay. She thought that coyotes were good. "He is sick?"

[/html]
[html]

The boy remained aggressive and cold annoyance rose in the older male. Calm demeanor fell back as eyes narrowed at the creature and patience wore razor thin. "And who are you to tell me what to do?" the coyote snapped at the younger creature. "I have done nothing wrong here, and yet you treat me as though I've harmed the girl in any way." His last syllable ending in a snarl, rage breaking through the careful mask. Whether or not the child was right, the arrogance and demanding tone struck a cord in the male and he felt close to shattering. Illness had weakened his mental state, wearing at it in the manner a river wears away a rock until he could barely control himself. He had once used his words and emotions like a weapon, so carefully controlled and laid away. But now he was on the verge of breaking, no longer caring about delicate games and only gaining what he desired--obtaining it in the bluntest, most direct manner.

[/html]
[html]

“I don’t care,” the boy snapped, and nudged Siobhan with his body. If she began walking then he could get her away from the situation. There was only impulse now, and he knew that she had to go. Both ears were high and fanned forward, and his body remained like a spring ready to be released.
     “Siobhan get moving,” he demanded, pulling his lips back from his teeth and lowering his head. This man had no right to be around the girl, and he would harm her if left alone. Ezekiel believed that fully.
[/html]