i can feel a pull from the outside world
[html]
just because i came to visit doesn't mean you have to hide.
i'll be waiting on the side of your house,
with an empty bodybag
and a loaded forty-five.

Eyes wide in horror, each hair of his mane on end, the creature looked toward the tree branches as they reached unbidden for him. Bony, gnarled fingers with nails like knives that longed to claw at his flesh and tear out his eyes. Breath rose in a mist around his muzzle, metallic taste of fear burning on his lips. The Prince of Fear moved fluidly through the woods toward the smell of the ocean that carried on the frozen wind. There was another scent somehow familiar, and yet unknown to the beast. A smell that reminded him of Mother, and yet he could not place it. It lured him like a trap, bidding the coyote like a moth toward an open flame. The moon was hidden behind the clouds, yet cause them to glow with a pale white light. Everything else was veiled in darkness, and the Prince moved through the shadows relying more on his sense of smell than sight.
        Trees finally gave way to grassland, followed by jagged stone and sand. The rough, shifting surface made the creature's thoughts hurt, cringing with each step as his paws slightly sank through the sand and snow. The ocean was a dark shifting mass in the distance--the crash of waves a constant rhythm like the pounding of his own heart in his ears. He receded into the depths of a near cave, crouching in the back and snarling at the Shadows. There were too many in his head. He couldn't even remember his own name anymore. Something bubbled beneath the surface, but he couldn't grasp it. Like attempting to hold water in his bare hands, it kept slipping away just as it seemed to be close. There were two others like him in his consciousness, but they were independent, while connected. They knew things he knew, yet they kept their secrets.
        His breath billowed around his muzzle, rising like a constant cloud around his face as his breath sawed between his teeth. There was something out there moving around--he could hear it. Feet that sounded each the size of a grown wolf shuffling through the sand and snow, edging ever closer. Did it sense him as he sensed it? A roar broke through the night air, echoing across his eardrums like the screams of a thousand dying souls. He laughed, a soft sound that broke the deathly rhythm of his lungs. Eyes trained on the shadows without, waiting for the monster to draw closer.
[/html]
The little girl had lost her way along the edge of the new lands and had somehow ended up in the vast stretch of sands known as the Wastes. She had scurried from small closer to another hiding place as she kept her ears open for strangers and her eyes wide. Fear seemed to have taken over as she tried to make her way along the shore, knowing that sooner or later she'd find her way back to the beaches she actually knew. The girl should have just found a den to curl up in til morning but her heart raced and every sound was something out to get her. There was no way she would have been able to sleep tonight.

Her little paws made tiny sounds across the ground as she found another patch of rough sea grass to crouch behind and watch the shadow that seemed to be watching her. The monster in the shadows was so much larger than her and yet all she could smell was the scent of another like her. She pinned her little ears back and stepped out of the shadows as her misty lilac eyes seemed to glow in the moonlight as she took one step infront of the other towards this creature of the night.

She swollowed hard as her little feet quaked and yet winthin moment she was almost standing before him, the moonlight pouring over the both of them as she quietly whispered. "Are yous my shadow?" She flicked her ears forward a moment, unsure as she continued on. "You looks like you could be.." she squeaked. The girl had finally found the real monster in her life and yet all she saw was a warped image of herself all grown up. Was this what shadows really looked like. She wondered to herself as she stared bravely at the man who was her father and yet nothing but a ghost just the same.
[html]
lie naked on the floor and
let the messiah go all through our souls.
i want to fuck my way to the garden
'cause everyone needs a mother-fucker!

His mind shifted, another taking over as the first began to sleep--lost to the darkness of nonexistence in the back of his head. She was as much of a female as this body was male, yet suited just fine to using this shell to her advantage. A smell lingered in the air, mingled in between the salt and winter chill, smelling like a lost child. Creeping from the depths of the cave, back out into the moonlight the monster searched for the source, searching for the smell of young coyote. The violet eyed girl found her instead, approaching with the smell of fear clinging to her like a mother's caress. There was a vague, feminine empathy toward the stray, but she'd just as soon tear her limb from limb, killing the little girl and devouring her entrails. She could never bear children herself, only impregnate others and force them to bear her offspring, as this was all her body would allow. And this she liked to do, leaving behind a legacy of their blood so that even when life was extinguished from this body, their dark blood would live on. The Angel had seen and known, and had divided their mind into pieces, enabling them to take over where Samael himself had failed, fallen to desire and depression as he longed for what he could never have.
        "Your shadow?" the coyote repeated in his naturally soft voice, unaware this being was something he had created. A one night fuck with a she-wolf in a bar and now months later this thing existed. But he would probably not remember even if he knew, for not only had his memories been tampered with, he did not recall every single liaison he'd ever had. He lived and he fucked--that was what he did. There was no way he could remember all the faces and times he'd ever had sex; it was impossible. "I am a coyote, if that's what you mean," came again the crooning tones, eying the girl with blood-red gaze. "Shouldn't someone be watching you, keeping you away from the monsters?" Like me.
[/html]
Those round lavender orbs stared up at the creature unblinking as his voice met her ears. She smiled feebly as he repeated what she'd said as though he was unsure of the words. She just watched him, examining the male that was so strangely like her and yet so different. She took a step forward as he asked those silly questions that everyone threw at her all the time, the smile still present as she shook her head slowly. "The monster is far away, I'm ok." She lowered her gaze as she stared down at Samael's feet, her eyes shining with excitement as she began to forget that he was a stranger and thus beware of him.

"Your paws look like mine.." she said as she placed her tiny paw in a print that he'd made just moments before, her eyes glancing up to him as she smiled more assuringly. "Who are you?" she asked, though it seemed slowly somewhere in her mind she was finding answers she just couldn't unlock them yet. There was something about the stranger that just facinated her beyond belief and she wasn't going to back down just yet, even if he was in his own eyes a monster. She'd seen monsters before and she didn't think he was one, yet.
[html]

The child was utterly fascinated with him as though he was honestly that interesting to her. He himself was thus quite intrigued by her apparent curiosity. Unafraid of the dark and demons, she turned her attention to his feet. He watched her like a cat a mouse as she stepped into his paw-print, remarking on their similarity. "Of course they look alike," he replied, bemused by her perceived density. "I am a coyote, and you are a coyote. We all have paws with four claws. Even wolf prints look like ours." Their disgusting cousins, if you could even consider them to be such. But they did bear a resemblance, even if coyotes were obviously the more beautiful, elegant species with their delicate features. But this girl could have been mixed, as so many of them were around here. Something in her build suggested wolf, but something else also suggested coyote. She was a hybrid if anything. But even he did bear some wolf's blood through his mother as her blood hadn't been completely pure.

The girl asked after his identity. He didn't have a name to provide her with, even if he'd been willing to impart such information as his memory had begun to fail him horribly lately, but could only inform her of his symbolic persona. "I'm a devil," he replied impassively, red eyes positively demonic in the darkness. "A heretic and a killer--you should avoid me at all costs if you value your existence," the coyote continued without even a glimmer of emotion, voice soft and monotone. He was blunt and completely honest--obviously, this child would be a fool to stick around him very long. But he was utterly indifferent to yet another insignificant creature's spilled blood on his hands. If anything, he might find her positively delicious with some bbq sauce.

[/html]
The small Lykoi child looked up at the male as he commented on the actions she'd taken. Her long elegant ears perked up at his voice as she smile slightly. She didn't know but slowly the wheels in her head were turning as she tried to place this stranger in the long line of organized characters she'd come across so far in her life. He didn't seem to fit anywhere near the horrors of her monster and yet he tried to act like she should fear him. Her bright eyes blinked once as she took in those words but within moments she asked another question. "If yous coyote, why not live with me?" She had somehow come to the conclusion that all coyotes were of the clan and so this new male must be as well, or perhaps he was coming to join them. She wagged her little banner of a tail as she smiled up stupidly at the ill stranger.

When she'd asked for his name there was nothing he could give her it seemed. What words did come forth made her frown as she shook her head. She was not going to ignore him, there was no reason to ignore him, he was far more interesting than most fellows she met and somewhere in the back of her clockwork mind there was something about this male that she should have came to realize by now. "Why would I want to avoid you... I've met worse monsters than you.." and she had, in her eyes atleast. Samael was nothing compared to the evils of her mother.