Joining
Well, I'm not sure how to get this done, but my name is Shadow and I am an all-black Luperci. My eyes are a dark hazel and I am a teenager.
Sorry! Here it is.

Name:Shadow
Birthdate:8-8-03
Luperci
Species:Wolf
e-mail: j.hoover56@yahoo.com
someone on wajasdev.com

Shadow comes loping to the border of Dahlia de Mai, hoping to finally have a place to belong. This, he decided, was where he stopped. He lifted his pure black face to the skies and howled, calling to the inhabitants of this place. After hearing a reply, he sat on his hindquarters, and thought about the answers to the possible questions they would surely ask him. Would he tell them of his violent and destructive past, or should he lie? These questions kept bothering him; he almost decided to turn back, but decided with sudden resolve to never turn back or waver, even if it meant his life. He needed a place to stay badly after being exiled from his previous pack due to.... destructivness and challenge of power they said. He could only hope they'd except him, with his pure black body and evil-looking eyes. They'd accept him. Wouldn't they?
[html]Hello!
Please take a look at our RPG guide, and pack joining policies, and then write a longer In Character post with more depth so we get to know your character. 200-300 words should suffice Smile[/html]
[html]

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/v ... ablebg.jpg);font-family:trebuchet, verdana, sans-serif; text-align:justify;padding:15px;color:#AC7E66;line-height:11px;font-size:12px;">Please show patience, as it is in the middle of the week and people are at work/school. People also have numerous threads to reply to and will not refresh the forum constantly to post in every thread every second. Repeatedly asking for quick responses to your threads, or nagging/spamming PM's to people is considered rude, and will not be generally liked by the population at 'Souls.

Also, please refrain from posting Out Of Character messages in threads that should be In Character. Everything on the Pack Forum should be In Character, and counts as In Character post counts to measure acitivity. Post your Out Of Character things in the designated OOC forums Smile
Word count: 391

Exactly why she had decided to stroll around the borders this day, Mew didn't know. It wasn't like her. But her mind was full, clogging with thoughts about Lubomir, and the things he had promised. And about how she didn't expect hi to keep them. Why should he? No one kept their word, and the world was full of lying, scheming, twisted creatures. The only pure minds she could spot these days were those of the youngest children, pups tumbling about among their parents' legs, asking questions and pointing out the obvious with pure honesty. Though, she wondered how Firefly's children would turn out. Would they be as corrupted as their parents? If Mew had her way, they'd be brought up better than both Haku and Firefly had been. And Haku wouldn't have a say, he know how stubborn his sister could be. Smiling slightly at the thought, her four white paws carried her along the outskirts of the claimed land, thoughts drifting and gaze absent.

Her ears trembled and quickly turned to catch up the sound that she had heard - surely, a howl? Perhaps someone had come to visit. Immediately, the femme felt her suspicion grow inside of her, but she changed her direction to find the source of the howl nonetheless. She was not frightened, and it would take more than a single wolf howling at the borders to unnerve her. Replying swiftly with a short, sharp howl - somewhat formal in tones - she let whoever it was know that she was coming to meet the person who craved the attention of Dahlia de Mai. And surely, not many minutes had passed until she could notice the scent of another, and someone who did not carry the scent of any of the other packs either. Intrigued, Mew walked right up to him (because it became apparent, as she drew closer, that it was a he - fur black as night, like Desaevio had har), and introduced herself, granting the male a formal nod and a polite smile. She was open on the outside, but he would have to work a little to gain her trust if he had any proper business with them. Hello. I am Mew Sadira, Tilia of Dahlia de Mai, whose borders you are currently standing on. What caused you to call for me?

[/html]
Shadow was waiting for the howler to come closer. Wait a minute, is that the whole pack coming? Grimly he readied himself for a fight to the death. When he realized it was only a one wolf, he relaxed, or tried to. When she asked him a what he was doing, he answered, I have come to join your pack, not as leader, just a position. I do not care how low, as long as I am cared for, and have plenty of food to eat. Will you help me in this?
[html]

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/v ... ablebg.jpg);font-family:trebuchet, verdana, sans-serif; text-align:justify;padding:15px;color:#AC7E66;line-height:13px;font-size:12px;">You should show us that you can write longer posts if you wish to be accepted to our forums. 200 words at the least is common Smile If you are having trouble with the writing, try describing your character's physical appearance, physical reactions, or describing some of his thoughts. You can also describe his surroundings, and my character in relation to yours.
It makes it easier for me to understand what he is saying versus what you are writing if you mark his speech with symbols like "speech here" or text formatting.
Word count: 381

Though he seemed tense at first glance, Mew quickly found out that he was quite blunt. His motives were as clear as day, but whether she would believe in them was another thing. After all, one that opened up and gave away everything in his head at first second, couldn't that be a very effective way of masking ill intent? Suspicious - and she should be, since she was acting on behalf of her pack, and any decision related to the male would go on her name, and possibly at the pack's expense if she got it wrong - her eyes narrowed for a split second, nearly impossible to see for anyone that did not know her. Since he was a stranger, he would not be trusted, unless he proved to her that he could be. Straightening her back (she was in her two-legged form) so she would maintain her dominant pose, she decided to question him further. His motivation for coming here might be good enough, but there was never a question about what a pack could do for him. A pack could provide, thus the existence of packs. No, what was important here was what the male could do for the pack. Mentally she scoffed at his proposition of joining as a leader. No such thing ever happened, and if he kept that attitude up he would indeed end up as the lowest of ranks. Mew was proud of herself and her pack, and would not hesitate to show it. You cannot expect to join us to simply "be cared for". The pack only gives to you what you want when you give something to the pack. So, do you have any particular skills we could find useful, so we know that you would contribute to the pack should we ask this of you? For example hunting, or skills at fishing or reading human language? Green eyes looked at the black-pelted male, suddenly realizing he had not properly introduced himself. Impatient, Mew wondered whether this male was nervous or something - at least his words seemed nervous enough. And I would like to know your name, as well, so I might get to know you. Smiling politely, Mew kept herself erect and waited for a response of some kind.

[/html]
"I know I have something good! I am a very stealthy and swift hunter. I stay in the shadows until the last moment, striking when I see a chance. And yes, I did do some studying, and I can read human language, barely." Shadow was barely resisting the urge to pant. "I know I can contribute something," he said, almost to himself. And then suddenly, as if started from a deep sleep, he said,"My name is Shadow." Then he heaved a big sigh, and said, "I also have anger problems, and was exiled because of it. And I said nothing about being a leader. So, please, I need to join, for my lifes sake." Shadow then assumed a respectful position, tail between his legs.

He liked her. She had a very authoritive look, and carried herself that way. He looked around while waiting for an answer, his black face turning left and right, taking in his surroundings. He knew he should have done this earlier, but was too busy pumping himself up. He couldn't help but to notice the statue of Mary. 'I wonder what that's for?' he thought. When she still hadn't answered, as if she was thinking her reply over, he narrowed his green eyes at here and stared hard, wondering for some odd reason if she had a mate.
[html]

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/v ... ablebg.jpg);font-family:trebuchet, verdana, sans-serif; text-align:justify;padding:15px;color:#AC7E66;line-height:13px;font-size:12px;">

"When she still hadn't answered, as if she was thinking her reply over, he narrowed his green eyes at here and stared hard, wondering for some odd reason if she had a mate."

With this sentence, you have decided that my character waited before she replied. This is called God-Moding, or powerplay, and means that you control my character's actions. This is breaking a rule, but I just looked in the RP-guide and it's not mentioned, so you couldn't know about this. So, in general, watch out for "deciding" what my character does. Instead, read carefully what the other writes about the actions of the character. For instance, if I write that my character looks nervous and tense, you are allowed to state that in your post as an observation done by your character, but you are not allowed to write this if I have not mentioned anything like it about my character first. So ultimately, only the creator of the character decides what their character does, and the other players cannot, not even a little. Smile
Word count:372

---

Where he had seemed calm, the male now proved his nervousness to the femme. Or, perhaps, this was just how he behaved. But to Mew, he seemed to be nervous. Words came tumbling out of his black mouth as he spoke, and Mew patiently waited until he was done. When so, she gave it a moment's thought. His colors were black, true, and thus he would probably be a very good scout or rogue, sheathed in darkness at night and able to sneak with great skill. This was very handy, especially in times of war. Although the war was over now, Mew would always weigh such abilities against others, and they would count more. And hunting was also good; the pack had grown in size lately, and currently only Slay was doing the hunting duty. Perhaps he needed an apprentice. For a second, the male seemed to speak, but Mew barely heard a sound, as if he was speaking to himself. Inquired by his odd behavior, Mew tilted her head sideways, still looking at him with green eyes, focused. As a response to her question he offered his name, and upon hearing it, Mew's face broke into a polite smile. The name was fitting. Opening her mouth, she was about to comment on it, when the male spoke again. I also have anger problems, and was exiled because of it. Face darkening, Mew looked at him, face changed from polite openness to a mask of seriousness. He was exiled? And he thought mentioning this would be a good thing? Whatever his reasons for telling her, the trust Mew had slowly built up so far suddenly plummeted towards the number zero again. You were exiled? She would need to get to the bottom of this. Otherwise, she would not know whether he would be a contribution to the pack, or a threat. And she would not be the one to cause havoc on them, like her brother had. How can I know that your.. anger problems won't be a problem for us as well, as your previous pack? Skeptical again, Mew's tail slowly moved back and forth behind her, high above the ground, emphasizing her dominant pose. He would have to explain himself.

[/html]
Shadow sighed. "Well, I have been working to control it, and I believe I have most of it under control. I can play fight, but when I get hurt and it HURTS, that is when it explodes. It is useful for combat, really, and lifts me above pain for a while. Besides that, I just yell. But that's it. I have been known to be stubborn, but that's about it."

Shadow wasn't sure why he had told her about his anger problems, but he had a feeling that he needed to tell her before the clan found out the hard way. While he waited for her response, he shifted to his Opitime form, listening politely, but immediatly feeling it's after affects. Shadow sagged a little bit, and then regained his posture. He wondered if he would be accepted. If not, then he was destined to be a loner, for he knew from experience that news travels fast between clans.
[html]

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/v ... ablebg.jpg);font-family:trebuchet, verdana, sans-serif; text-align:justify;padding:15px;color:#AC7E66;line-height:13px;font-size:12px;">
Word count: 307

The male sighed, but Mew let it pass. Not a polite gesture, but she mustn't forget that this one came from elsewhere, where rules of politeness might be different. Norms changed from place to place. Instead of letting it annoy her, the femme listened, focused, to his words. The explanation he put forward seemed decent enough, but somehow Mew did not trust it. How did one get thrown out of a pack from yelling a little, or being passionate in times of war? After everything she'd been through, the femme had little faith in the spoken word. Little enough to never fully trust anything anyone said, unless they had proved themselves truthful to her time and time again. However, she would pretend for the time being, that she trusted his words. Outside, her face was a mask of formality, nothing able to penetrate her and see what she was really thinking. Should his explanation turn out to be the actual truth, then it was fairly understandable. Yelling and the like wasn't really polite, but she was sure that if given a chance, the male would ... "understand" their ways. Or be shown the door - or in this case simply thrown outside the borders. Well then, I suggest you refrain from play-fighting. Her smile was back up, plastered on her face, but her tail remained still. The sentence was shaped both as sort of an order, or expectation, as well as a joke. He would understand, surely, she hoped. While she was looking at him, the male started to shift, quickly replying to the question that was forming in her mind. Annoyed, but still patient, Mew waited for him to finish, looking away so as not to be impolite. When he was finally done, her green eyes again sought his hazel, awaiting some sort of response from him.

[/html]