seeing myself this way, I am a monster I believe
[html]

Perhaps they were destined to be forever at odds with one another. One reason and one impulse, twin sisters who would compete because that was what nature intended. Aurèle had believed in the feral form of life, and had been content with it until the fire. When that world ended, she had moved on. She had lost a part of herself, but she had move on. Now all she had was that ache and that sick, empty hole.
     Four years had not been long enough to fill it. Aurèle’s eyes lingered on her sister’s face, knowing that she sought comfort, and yet she found herself unable to give this. “The lucky ones, maybe,” she offered, uncurling her hands and ripping a chunk of meat from the carcass. “The world’s a hard place.”

[/html]
[html]
http://i25.tinypic.com/14y5pg6.png); background-position: center bottom; background-repeat: no-repeat; width: 494px; outline-color: rgb(154, 154, 154); outline-style: solid; outline-width: 1px; background-color: rgb(104, 214, 235);">
A ghost in the system, and angel on the stairs.
     In such a short time, everything had changed. Tayui could barely remember how cheerfully she had greeted her sister when she met up with her today. The time spent in Aurèle's company always seemed to reverse itself. It could begin one way, but it would never end the same. Tayui hoped it was not for worse. Even now, their meeting had turned melancholic; a yellow and black flag was hanging off in the distance, billowing faintly in the wind.

Tayui glanced down at her hands, surprised to see them stained with the blood of an animal. For a fraction of a second, she'd lost herself. But in what? In nothing. Just her silly thoughts and her old nightmares. She had moved on, but now she was regressing.

It was not Aurèle's words that startled Tayui, but rather, the sudden sound of fat and muscle being separated from bone and tendon; the quick jerk and the sound that ensued. Aurèle's words did not surprise Tayui; her sister was practical. Mechanical. “Hmm,” Tayui murmured. “If only that were all it was,” she noted. She looked down at her hands again. Red. But it did not surprise her.

[/html]
[html]

“It seems nice here,” Aurèle offered suddenly, aware that her façade had faltered. She could not justify all things. She could not explain why she was the way she was. Not without seeing the thing she dare not touch, and even she was not strong enough for such a thing. White-blonde hair was shaken out of her face, tumbled around her shoulders, and even now smelled of the dead animal they were feasting upon.
     She looked up at her sister, found her eyes trailing to the scar, and smiled sadly. “You and Bart were the only ones with blue eyes. I suppose you had to be different, hm?” A faint, feeble attempt at a joke.

[/html]
[html]
http://i25.tinypic.com/14y5pg6.png); background-position: center bottom; background-repeat: no-repeat; width: 494px; outline-color: rgb(154, 154, 154); outline-style: solid; outline-width: 1px; background-color: rgb(104, 214, 235);">
     It seems nice here: a sudden, yet controlled outburst. Tayui tilted her head to one side, watching her sister for a moment. She said nothing in reply, but only curiously regarded her sister. She could see her sister pause, shake her hair, pause once more, glance at Tayui, and then speak. Again, another deviation. It was only natural that Aurèle would prefer to discuss something else -- anything else. Rather than looking back at the fire and devastation, she recognized her sister would most likely prefer to focus on the current time. Now. Tayui did, too. But she was still curious.

A fire in the north. But it had been icy. There had been trees. Yes, that was what had happened. There had to have been trees, otherwise it would not have been a fire. Not a possible fire. Not the one she remembered. Tayui wondered if she was frowning now - she hoped she wasn't. But why did she remember snow and fire? Fire and ice? But there had been trees. Sparse vegetation. They hadn't lived that far north, had they?

“It's lovely here,” she replied after some time, smiling slightly. Here, now -- it was wonderful. She'd loved Jaded Shadows, but that too had ended in a torrent of flame. How coincidental. “Ueli and Honoré had golden eyes,” she noted. “And blue and yellow make green,” she added, in reference to her sister's eyes. She smiled. They'd had golden eyes. Tayui wondered where they were now. Alive? Dead? Or had they vanished, like so many did in Bleeding Souls? Perhaps it was the curse -- everywhere.

[/html]
[html]
http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/2522/aureleii.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
This is super outdated, so end it soon?
     Aurèle’s eyes darkened momentarily. She alone had green eyes. She didn’t know if that made her unique or if it made her an oddity. Even without her eyes she felt like a stranger in her own skin. Flicking both ears back she spared a glance to the children, gnawing contently on flesh or bone, and desperately wished that they would be safe in their own home.
     The wind brushed against her back and made her skin crawl. She swallowed, then looked back at her scarred, peculiar sister, and forced a smile. “I found you,” she offered, reading the expression on Tayui’s face. “So who’s to say they won’t do the same, eh?”

[/html]
[html]
     Sounds good!
     Tayui tilted her head in reply, examining her sister for a moment. She listened quietly as Aurèle spoke, this time bringing with her something she had been lacking before. Was it hope? No, Aurèle was too much of a pessimist for that. Or perhaps she was just a realist, which might have turned her into a pessimist. Tayui didn't know. But there was something in Aurèle's words that were different; in a good way. Tayui smiled, letting her gaze settle softly on her sister's fine features. Her fine white fur, her blazing eyes. Her strength. Tayui had always thought Aurèle was the strongest one. Out of all of them.

“I never thought of that, but you're right. I couldn't even imagine seeing everyone else. It's wonderful that you're here, too. I never thought this would happen. It's like everything is beautiful again,” Tayui noted. She was already smiling, but somehow, her smile softened. Her eyes softened. It was as if, for a moment, Tayui had allowed herself to believe her siblings were still alive after all.

[/html]