like a leaf clings to a tree
[html]
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l135/ ... ale/04.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

It rained and rained and rained, for days on end. The sky did not relent. Not one ray of sunshine pierced the grey mass, not once did Lubomir see the rain stop. It seemed to go on forever, weather cold and dead. He mostly stayed indoors, yearning for the day he could leave Dahlia and roam again. He recalled AniWaya and Crimson Dreams and the people he had spoken to. Well, wolves, not people. Still, they had all been unique, amusing and challenging him. It almost made the Circee not regret coming back. Finally, some semblance of normality had come into his life. He could... relax.

He had been thinking for a few days what to do about his role in the pack. If he was going to be serious about Mew and staying here... was he serious? Getting up from the floor of the female's den, Lubomir started pacing the room, thinking back to his talk with Bane. He could join the wolf. He could roam to his heart's content. He would not be accountable for anything. He would lose Mew to his own selfishness. Cursing, the grey male's tail lashed against his body. Perhaps there was a way to keep his independence. His yellow eyes blazing with determination, he left the house, completely disregarding the rain and cold. His nose widening, he finally picked up Cercelee's scent. It was with her that she needed to speak.

Reaching her den, Lubomir stopped. His only other option was Haku and he would rather go drown in the Harbour than talk to him. Steeling himself, he called out clearly over the noise of the wind and rain, "Cercelee? It's me, Lubomir. Mew's... friend. Could I talk to you?"

[/html]
[html]

Cer lives in a church out by St. Pepin’s vineyards, a little outside of Berwick, just so you know!

Eyes half shut, the white lady was laying on the bed nestled in blankets that still smelt of Slay. The rain that had been pouring for days had yet to stop and Cercelee saw no point in leaving the warm church, which had quickly become her home. When awake she spent the time shifted, cleaning up the dust and debris in the main church and the bedroom and kitchen in the back of the churck, or unshifted just day dreaming. Now she was merely enjoying the beating of the raining upon the church’s roof, the sound echoing throughout the building. She knew that if she were sitting in any of the pews in the main room that nothing could be heard over the loud sounds of the rain pounding the wooden beams above, but in the bedroom, thankfully free of leaks, the sound was more muffled, the perfect sound to lull one into sleep.

The male’s loud voice broke into her consciousness, and navy eyes opened with a start. Slipping off the bed, Cercelee leisurely stretched out her limbs, four paws on the ground, four sets of claws clicked on the stone floor. Shaking away the drowsy feeling from her head, the lithe female moved out of the bedroom and through the kitchen, nudging open the kitchen door which opened into the backyard of the church. Cercelee had rigged the door so that it didn’t latch and swung open both ways, giving her access to the outside without the need to shift and turn a door knob. There stood Lubomir, and Cercelee’s eyed him questioningly, they hadn’t met, at least not formally, but she had seen him at the hunt and knew of him from Mew.

Aftering getting over the initial shock of the male at her doorstep, Cercelee smiled easily at the brute. “Come in Lubomir, no need to get all soaked out there.” Cercelee nudged the door open further with her nose, holding it for the male. Once inside she shook the rain that had fallen on her head out, turning the male and speaking smoothly. “Is there something I can help you with today?” The Rosea hated to be so formal, but Lubomir and her were not friends so this wasn’t a social call and he seemed to have a purpose.

[/html]
[html]
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l135/ ... ale/04.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
OOC: 494 words

How strange, that she lived, in of all places, a church. Lubomir had a very vague understanding of religion, mostly from reading about it. The building itself seemed overwhelming, perhaps because he now shared a house with Mew and that seemed large. Too large for just him and her. He realised that if in future they would have puppies or mate, the house would prove a good place for the young ones to learn basic defences, stealth and fun. It was little more than a dream, really, since he wasn't so sure Mew would accept him as mate, let alone have pups with him. But this is partly why he was here, right? To show their leader that he wanted a stable position in the pack. That he cared about Mew. But most of all, that he would not allow himself to be chased away by Haku or Firefly.

When she invited him in, he stepped lightly, shaking the water out of his fur carefully, almost afraid that he would tread too much water into the Rosea's house. He hadn't really spoken to her. She'd participated in the hunt, fair enough, but that was hardly cause to think her anything other than Alpha female. Sitting on his haunches, he inclined his head slightly and said, "I apologise for coming unannounced. There are two things I'd like to talk to you about: Mew and my role in the pack." In his head, he'd gone over this several times, thinking of the best way to express what he thought. He could go on about how much he wanted to be with Mew, but first things first. If he had any hopes of getting a position in the pack, he would have to make himself known. "I do not think we've met formally. I am Lubomir Varg. I came here from the Old Country, almost a year ago. I joined Shadowed Sun and was with them until my friend Skoll was killed. I then journeyed to bring news of his death to those who needed it. In the winter I returned, but Shadowed Sun no longer exists." There was an edge of sadness in his voice. For all that he claimed to have moved on and accepted Tayui and Pilot's departure, the grey male still longed for the simpler times. But that had been then, this was now.

"I do not spend as much time within these borders as I should, Cercelee. That would certainly affect my standing in the pack. However, I wish to extend my interest in becoming an ambassador for the pack. I've spoken to two of the members in Crimson Dreams and one in AniWaya. I also know Tayui and Pilot are there, so if Dahlia needs someone to maintain cordial relations with the other packs..." His voice trailed off. His eyes glittered earnestly. Lubomir might not have been the best member of the pack, but he certainly wanted to be worth having around.

[/html]
[html]

Cer lives in a church out by St. Pepin’s vineyards, a little outside of Berwick, just so you know!

Once inside the male was all business, he spoke very efficiently, straight to the point. Cercelee settled herself into a sitting position, facing the male and giving him her full attention. It was nice to get a real introduction from the male, he before had just been Mew’s friend. Now he was an individual, with a background, with ambition, with his own personality. Cercelee smiled sadly as he spoke of Shadowed Sun, and his dead friend. She had met Pilot, briefly, and then the pack had disappeared. Yet it was comforting to know that he was still out there, somewhere.

Lubomir went on, and only after he stated his purpose did Cercelee get a chance to speak. Amused by his enthusiasm, Cercelee offered him a smile, and cleared her throat. “It’s a pleasure to meet you Lubomir, as you know I’m Cercelee, but you may, if you wish, just call me Cer.” He was a friend of Mew’s, perhaps he was more than that to Mew, and Mew was one of her closest friends. Just as she had accepted Khaden no question asked based on his relation to Ember, she would accept Lubomir. Her closest friends’ judgements were as good as her own. “Don’t worry about dropping in at any time, for any reason. That’s why I am here.” It was said sincerely, as their leader she was available to them at all times, and she did so happily.

Pausing she considered his request, as it was she was the diplomat of the pack, but even though she held the co-rank she would have to do the duties regardless. She was expected to know the other leaders and be on good terms with them, it would be easier to put some of that burden on someone else. “Well Lubomir, I have no qualms about granting you that title, however... the clan I am most worried of keeping relations stable with is Inferni. I know the leaders of Crimson Dreams and Phoenix Valley, your help with Aniwaya will be appreciated, and you realize you’ll be working closely with me at times if you take this job?” It was not always all fun and games, at times it would be dangerous if another conflict arose, but better to have two dealing with the other packs than one.

[/html]
[html]
OOC: 400+

Cer. Very well. It amused him again, like it had with Bane, that someone in a position of power would so easily discard the level of respect he'd grown up with. It almost came close to adoration, not that he could ever say something like that. For a fact, he knew that Dawn Valley had been considered a backward pack by most of the wolves he'd met in his travels. He doubted that such conservative takes on how packs should be run would hold well with Cercelee. Had he not promised himself to stop dwelling in the past so much and simply accept things as they were? He had found hope and purpose here, he did not know how things would turn out, but for the most part he was happy. He was in love with a beautiful female who grounded him. Nothing else really mattered. Now it seemed as though Cercelee herself was extending the proverbial olive branch. Cer it is, then.

He had not considered the full implications of the job, it seemed. Now though, with the offer before him, Lubomir thought about it. Inferni. Of course. Why did it not surprise him? He knew them well enough. Their leader had nearly killed him. It had been half deserved, of course, for all he had refused to accept it at the time. He wondered if he could speak with Gabriel now, or if his life would be in danger once more. Either way he would have to be honest with Cercelee and explain things as they were. I know Inferni. I accidentally stumbled upon their lands and their leader attacked me. I realise it was not without reason, though at the time I certainly did not think so. I know what happened to Mew and why the war started. Lubomir shook his head. I never want to endanger our pack. I would gladly accept the challenge of keeping this fragile peace with the coyotes. As for working with you, who wouldn't? If you'll allow me to say so, I doubt you are a difficult woman, Cercelee. You seem to keep a cool judgement.

There. Honesty. He'd said it all. Once this ambassador business was out of the way, he would mention Mew. The very thought made his stomach flutter with butterflies but for now he could not let such emotions show. These were matters that affected the entire pack, not just him and his... mate. How sweet that word still felt to say. Mate. He could say it all day. Wagging his tail slightly, Lubomir waited for his Rosea's response.

[/html]
[html]

Cercelee nodded as Lubomir confirmed her words. The male seemed to know what would be expected of him and still wished for the job. It was a relief to have someone who wanted to share the diplomatic duties with her. Cercelee did not particularly like carrying the co-rank and leading the pack at the same time, the duties intersected too often and she had no one to converse with on political and social matters. Now she could consult Lubomir. Of course, she would have to watch his progress. Keeping peace between the packs was important to the Rosea, but from the sound of his speech now and the what little she saw of him at the hunt or heard of him from Mew and the others, he seemed to have a level enough head on his shoulders.

“Ambassador it is then. And I will resign as Diplomat, it will be a relief to me. Perhaps I should take up Historian though. Less stress with that co-rank and I have been here since the beginning...” Cercelee had begun speaking to Lubomir and slowly trailed off speaking to herself. Remembering her company she snapped back to the male, and smiled cooly. “Forget the incident with the Inferni leader... many wolves who find themself on the wrong side of their borders have just such an incident. Just remember in the future to try and avoid any other incidents with their members. Now you are somewhat of a role model for Dahlia. I know I can’t keep all my members from picking fights with those coyotes, but at least you and I will be able to say Dahlia means them no ill will.” Haku and Mew did mean them ill will though, and she couldn’t say if Firefly or Cwmfen would argue with those two on the subject or not. Cercelee was the single high ranking wolf who actively promoted peace with the clan, and she hoped Lubomir did not mind taking her side on the issue.

Official business was over. Lubomir could ask all the question he wished but he had the job, and there had been another reason he had given for coming to her door. Almost playfully the small female smiled at the larger male. “And what of Mew?”

[/html]
[html]
OOC: 400+

Lubomir wasn't entirely sure when the shift in his personality had come. He knew his other self was still there. The fight with Haku had proven that much. He wasn't sure how he'd mastered the control this well, either. While he had been honest to Savina about the amount of work that went into controlling the beast, he himself could not say exactly when this shift had happened. Now he could easily take on the role of Diplomat, or Ambassador, because he could control the beast inside. He wasn't ready to tell Cercelee that, though. He hadn't entirely expected her to resign, but if Firefly was to be believed, Cercelee was the original founder of the pack, so her role as Historian would be prized indeed. "I intend to pick no fights with them so long as they stay away from us. I lost a good friend so needless violence and I watched him take his last breaths. An Inferni coyote was there too, though not to gloat, as I'd expected. Indeed, she wept the hardest at his passing." Though he had meant to find her again, Lubomir had been too caught up in his own grief to even try. So instead he'd chosen to ignore that part of the incident. "I never wish to shame Dahlia or bring it on the brink of another war. You will have no problems from me, Cercelee."

With the official business finally out of the way, and his rank secured, Lubomir found that the subject of Mew was a lot harder to tackle. He wasn't sure if direct permission was actually needed or not. After all, she was higher ranking than him so presumably he would be fine. However, it would not hurt him to try. "I simply wanted to make it known officially that we are mates." He lowered his head slightly, almost embarrassed. "I do not know if we needed any permission from the leaders and I hope I have not broken a rule here. I have loved her a long time now, though I was never ready to care for her the way she deserves caring. I am ready now. I believe we will live in her den, though I would like to attempt to refurbish the Wolfville library. I fancy myself somewhat of a scholar, and once the histories of Dahlia are complete, they can be stored there." The library idea had not really entered his head for very long, but it seemed like a good one. He could only hope that she would see it the same way.

[/html]
[html]

Mew was suppose to teach Cer to read, maybe Lubomir will mention it to Mew, or Lubomir and Mew could teach her?

It was comforting to hear Lubomir’s confirmation of his loyalties. While she could not read the future and had no way to knowing if he would follow through with his word, the Rosea was willing to give him the chance. She would not distrust the male until he gave her reason to. The white lady hoped that he would never have to be stripped of his rank, which Cercelee considered one of the more taxing, but important roles in the pack. They all contributed, but relations between packs could be delicate, and if one leader would not speak to another, the Ambassador would have to be used to relay a message. Cercelee would have to trust Lubomir to deliver her message properly and perfectly, and if asked questions on the spot answer in her place. In the months ahead Cercelee hoped to get to know the male more thoroughly.

And then so easily the subject changed, and Cercelee hid a smile as the male spoke about Mew. Her suspicious had been right; though she guessed most other in the pack had thought the same. Mew was not the type to share her den so long with a male for whom she didn’t care about. Lubomir had not been kicked out, and so it was only logical to assume that sooner or later they would make matters official. “You do not need my permission, but you certainly have my blessing.” It was reminiscent of Khaden asking for Ember, and a ill feeling quickly passed through Cer. Yet she had hopes Lunomir would not leave Mew as her Khaden had left her other cousin. “My only stipulation is that Mew is your only mate.” Her voice was teasing, but truthfully, Cercelee would not permit polygamous mateships within the pack.

Then the library came up and Cercelee smiled at the male. The Rosea had of course been through the large, impressive Wolfville library (and the much smaller, emptier and lesser known Berwick library). Yet it had not kept her interest for too long, though she realized the value of having such a resource within the pack. “I think that’s a grand idea.” Cercelee paused, considered for a moment and admitted embarrassed. “Lubomir, I don’t know how to read.”

[/html]
[html]
OOC: Oh, damn! >_< I'm so sorry for the fail! And sure thing! :3 I'll have Lubomir mention that he could teach her 400+

Just like that, it was done and he'd been confirmed Ambassador. In Shadowed Sun he'd never had the opportunity for such advancement, particularly because the pack had stayed small. Sure, they had swelled at some point, quite close to the time Skoll had died, now he thought about it, but afterwards they'd broken, fallen apart. He hadn't seen Tayui or Pilot in months, but from Ember had said, they were in this AniWaya pack. Now that he could go and meet the leaders, it would improve their knowledge and he would also find out how his old leaders were doing. He looked forward to working with Cercelee, not least of all because she was a competent leader.

Lubomir smiled himself at the thought that truly, he was Mew's mate. He was surprised to learn that there was no permission system here. He remembered the Old Country and his sister, who ruled the pack with an iron fist. She granted most mates their happiness, unless there would be trouble from a rival, in which case she asked that it be settled between the warring parties. For all that she instilled fear in most of the wolves, Lubomir had a deep respect for her. She knew what she wanted. It was with a heavy heart that he thought back to where he was now. Without her sacrifice, perhaps he never would have survived. He blinked in surprise at her suggestion that he might take another, but then laughed himself. "It is only Mew I love, so there is no danger of me leaving her for another. I doubt I could ever do it." Until death do them part.

It seemed as though this meeting had been a complete success. Until Cercelee revealed that she couldn't in fact, read. Lubomir didn't really know what to say about that. His reaction was of shock, but he concealed it from the Rosea. He didn't want her to believe that he was judging her. He'd had a chance to learn. He had a moral duty to pass it on to others. "Cercelee, I am sure you are not alone in that. I don't know who in Dahlia can read. But if you wish, I can set up lessons for you, or any who wish to join. I could tutor you in private, if you'd feel better." He smiled at his leader. It was, really, the least he could do.

[/html]
[html]

His words were sweet and she girlish considered sharing them with Mew. Yet the Sadira female probably heard enough of it from the male, he obviously had no qualms sharing his feelings. Certainly she heard such phrases from her own newly acquired mate, Slay, and she was sure that in the future she would hear more. It seemed odd how quickly both her own and Mew’s life had come together with their two mates, but life work how it pleased and Cer would not question it. They both deserved it, perhaps Mew more so than Cer. Mew’s past unhappiness meant she was overdue for something wonderful, hopefully Lubomir could fulfill Cer’s expectations.

“I am glad to hear it. Mew deserves only the best.” The Rosea was protective of every member of her pack, any threat from outside the pack was dealt with by her or Haku, they two were utterly devoted in their own way to Dahlia. Yet a few wolves held special places in Cer’s heart. Mew had made her way there, having been present in the pack since the beginning, Cer knew she could trust the green eyed woman. And if Mew would have it so, Cercelee would even admit the blood they shared between them, only to please her cousin.

His words were kind and Cercelee truly didn’t know what he thought about her confession, but it embarrassed her. Perhaps there were others that could not read, but she couldn’t think of any. Or maybe not being able to read wasn’t as noticeable as she thought, maybe no one else knew their Rosea couldn’t read. Maybe they didn’t care. Cer did. “That would be a good skill to teach, something you could offer perhaps when you get the library open? As for me, perhaps we should start right away. It’s been too long that I’ve put this off.” She smiled at the male, whom she hoped was sincere about his offer of teaching.

[/html]