dreamspinners and nightwalkers
Sankor wasn't really certain what in the world had passed between his sisters and he. He didn't want to admit to Ade that he really wanted to stay within these lands, though he knew that she was more than uncomfortable. He hoped that perhaps some of the packmates would warm up to her but he didn't know, he himself had been hiding out and playing games when he should have been on the lookout for Alexey and watching over Ade. He felt guilty and he shouldn't, but Ade had him wrapped around her little paws and there was little he could do. The male sat by the harbor and stared off across the bay as a little sigh rose from his throat.

Alexey had finally returned but something in her seemed to have changed to, he wasn't sure exactly what but she wasn't the same sister he remembered. He knew that time did that, but he didn't think that it would have changed her that much. He lowered his nose to his paws as he knew that no matter who or what she changed into he would always love her. Sankor always the patient one, always the protector.
[html]

The sun had the rare occasion on this day to break through the wintery clouds and beat down on the earth, reminded the earth’s inhabitants of the spring’s warmth– which was still months away. Having a break from the recent rain showers and snow showered Cercelee choose to exit the church, which she had hole herself up in before hiding from Slay and now holed herself up not being able to get enough of the male. He was sleeping deeply when she slipped away, Cercelee left him only with a farewell kiss on the top of the brute’s head, which he probably wouldn’t recall when he awoke. Moving through the pack lands she had one destination in mind: the harbor.

It had been too long since she had stared out at the water, angry waves rolling in from a far away place. Yet when she arrived it was not the churning water that caught her attention it was the familiar figure of a certain play mate. Intentionally she was going to question him on being in the pack, a bit annoyed at finding the male so far in. Just because they had met once did not give him permission to waltz about in the pack lands, and yet he smelled heavily of Dahlia de Mai. Had someone accepted the male or was he... Cercelee’s mind flashed to Alexey’s siblings, knowing both had been admitted into the pack but not having met either. Coming up behind him, she cleared her throat daintily and the teasing tone was immediate present in her greeting. “Well, well, well Mr. Nightwalker. Just couldn’t get enough of me, eh?”
[/html]
Sankor had been watching the sun glittering off the snow, almost blinding as his mind thought about all the packmates he'd met so far and how this almost seemed the perfect little world. He smiled to himself, lost to the harbor around him and the Dreamspinner who had managed to sneak up upon him. His ears pinned back instantly as he jumped. Turning his eyes to glance at the woman Sankor couldn't help to grin at the woman who had caught him once more. "But who can't get enough of who?" he asked before chuckling. "You're very good at stalking you know, one could almost call you obsessed by now my Dreamspinner." He raised a brow at the woman wonder just how she had managed to sneak up on him. He really needed to pay more attention to the world around him before the world took him out of the race.

The earth toned male turned back to the ocean as he frowned. "It's a pity, before the rains it was frozen over.." he declaired. He bet she would have seen the fun in racing through a frozen rolling world of waves. He stretched his legs out as he waited to see what his Dreamspinner thought of how the bay had looked just days before, but he realized she might not have even seen the bay a few days ago. He could tell by her scent now though that the pack he'd just been accepted into was the same she belonged to, but that was just too much for him to really think about, instead he just chuckled softly and shook his head. "Of all the packs out there.." he said. Alexey just had to choose this one.
[html]

Cercelee chuckled at the male and brought herself closer, settling in to stare out across the water with him. “Yes, the bay does freeze. I haven’t crossed it myself but it provides easily acess to the island.” Dahlia had claimed the island, the bird paradise and though Cercelee had only been their once briefly to stake an official claim she planned on returning. Perhaps if the ice froze again and provided a safe crossing. “It’s only Dahlia de Mai’s first winter here but already I am in tune with the ways the seasons play with the lands.” It was interesting to watch how winter grabbed hold of the land and wrung the life out of it. Cercelee often thought to herself how eagerly she awaited the return of spring.

Turning her eyes upon the male Cercelee smiled apologetically. “I fear, Nightwalker, it is time for proper introductions. I doubt my mate would be fond of other males in the pack with private pet names for me.” Although Slay had his names for the other ladies, perhaps he would mind. Still, playing at their alias had been fun, Cercelee knew that if they were to live in the same pack it could not go on forever. “I’m Cercelee. You are Alexey’s brother, aren’t you?” It was a guess, but Cercelee did not know of any other males who had been admitted recently, and if he wasn’t Alexey’s brother he had some explain to do as to why he was within her borders.
[/html]
Sankor stared out across the lands as the white hued woman spoke of the secrets of the lands and the island that had stood out there so long ago when he was a mere child. He nodded to her words and stated simply. "It's more interesting trying to get there in the summertime.." and more interesting. In the winter a lot of the birds tended to disappear for the cold months. He'd crossed the waters in different seasons to see the island but it had been forever since he'd been back, he wondered briefly if the ivory Dreamspinner would want to go explore the island again.. but too soon it seemed those ideas were crushed with the cold dose of reality she brought in her next words.

There was hurt in his warm brown eyes as the woman revealed the truth of her state, of the mate she held and how their little fantasy would be no more. He turned his gaze away for a moment as he was silent, taking in the cold hard truth she'd left him with and the fantasy she'd stripped bare to lay the real winter back into place. When she'd so simply moved past the fact that she had a mate and went onto other questions he lifted his eyes silently to watch the choppy water as she struck the truth once more.

He just nodded before answering. "Yes, Alexey is one of my sisters. I'm Sankor.." it seemed that she'd crushed all the fun out of the world they'd shared so quickly, not even giving him a chance when she'd played and flirted so freely just weeks before.
[html]

Cercelee hadn’t imagined going to the island in the summer time, hadn’t had claim to the island for that long. She knew that even now the island was filled with birds, brave enough or stupid enough to stay all winter long, but they were not the colorful sort. It was a guess but Cercelee imagined the island was alive with the colors and sounds of many species in the warmer months. “More interesting? I suppose you have been then? Can we go together in the spring?” Her offer was sincere, for she too felt a bit of regret at the fact she had to shatter their fantasy. Yet it would be improper now that she was his leader and that she had a mate as well. They would have to find friendship on different terms.

Cercelee nodded at his confirmation of his name. Fate was a funny thing, she had not expected her NightWalker to join the pack she lead, and he had probably never expected the silly white girl to become his leader. Of course, he still did not know that she was his leader, only that she resides in the same pack as him. “And your other sister? She came with you too? What’s her name?” Cer felt a tad guilty at not already having met the other Koios sibling, but life had swept her up in the current and there just simply was not enough time in the day.
[/html]
Sankor turned his eyes back to the white woman as he tried to push away the stab of hurt and betrayal he felt. He knew that it wasn't fair to the leader, she didn't know who he was and he hadn't known who she was as well when he had joined the pack. It was all just a strange web they'd become trapped in for a moment and while she was able to brush by so quickly he seemed stuck in the sticky strands trying to work his way free. He smiled and nodded at her words. "I've been.. and I could take you.." he was quiet a moment before adding. "..if your mate wouldn't mind." he didn't know what to think about the new attachment his Dreamspinner seemed to have in his life, or atleast in his world.

He knew he was being childish so he just held his breath a moment and let the cruel thoughts that had been biting at him wash away as Cercelee seemed to turn the conversation away from them and onto another. His eyes traced back to hers as he nodded. "Adelaida, she came as well.." she didn't want to, he thought, but she'd come. He hoped that Cercelee hadn't caught the lash of Ade's tongue that he knew could exist when she'd been having a bad day.. and he bet she hadn't been having the most pleasent time since they'd all joined the pack. He really did need to try harded to show her he was still there.. but she made it so hard sometimes.
[html]

Cercelee could feel the resistance in his voice. He did not want their little make believe world to change, but Cer could spare him no sympathy. She had to have Dahlia’s best interests at heart and that meant having Sankor know who she was and acknowledge her as such. Furthermore she had to have Slay’s best interests at heart. Regretfully the promise to teach Sankor how to dance resurfaced and Cercelee pushed it back, hoping secretly the male would forget such nonsense words and what they once might have meant. “He won’t mind, he spends enough time with the other ladies to grant me an afternoon with an old friend.” Yes, they were friends, but that was it. No longer partners in a pretend world, Cercelee couldn’t say for sure but she believed that was how it would stay.

“Adelaida?” The name was one to remember, as it was her duty to recall at will the names and faces of all the pack member’s names. “I haven’t met her but I hope to soon.” Perhaps they would need another meeting, it was becoming common again that the newcomers were unclear as to who was who within the pack and the established members could not keep up with the slew of new faces. This would have to be remedied. Turning her navy eyes back to meet the brown eyes of the male, Cercelee titled her head, no use in trying to beat around the bush. “Sankor? Are you here to stay, with or without Alexey?”
[/html]
Sankor's eyes stared off into the crash of the waves as she spoke, her words and promise indeed laying on his mind as he wondered just what was left of their silly little games. It had all been in jest, but the promise she had made he'd actually believed in, now he wasn't for certain if he should even hope. He couldn't help but wrinkle his nose at just what she had said, in his mind and hear that didn't sound right at all, to hold a mate and spend time still with the other ladies, he doubted he would like her mate if ever he were to run into the fellow, but he wouldn't press for more information on the male for fear of saying the wrong things at the wrong time. "I'd hope if he was granting so much time with the other ladies that he would give you free will to be with a friend.. even if that friend was male." The words were sour in his mouth but she was the one who has said them to begin with, he just wished she knew how wrong and overbearing they had sounded.

Too soon and yet not soon enough she moved them along once more, touchy subjects they kept playing at but they would roll on always. He just gave a nod of confirmation when she questioned the name of his sister who had gone unnoticed thus far from the Rosea. He turned his eyes back to the ivory woman finally with a sigh as she asked the question that was a double edged blade to him. He was quiet a moment before he finally spoke softly. "I don't know, it depends on what I find here, if I find I can belong, if I'm wanted and needed." The male had been a roamer for so long that it wouldn't take but a heartbeat for him to take that path again but he wasn't going to just up and walk on right now.
[html]

One ear flicked in irritation, her eyes did not meet his. “It’s not like that.” Slay wasn’t the same flirting, floating male he had been. He belonged to her now and Cer had no reason to doubt that if anything he did made her uncomfortable, he would do his best not to do so in the future. Yet she didn’t wish to get into any sort of conversation about her love life with this male. His tone already made her weary of speaking about Slay any further, and their last encounter had boarded too closely to being romantic. Their childish fun and teasing, friendly flirting could have been something else, and Cer did not wish to remind the male of that.

“Why wouldn’t you be wanted here? I’m always glad to have an able bodied male with a sharp mind in our midst.” Cercelee smiled, hoping he would just take the compliment and move along quickly enough. “Besides, what of your sisters? Surely they want you here with them. I’m sure you find your niche here.” And she thought so, he didn’t seem like the type of wolf who wouldn’t fit in. Of course so much depended on one’s individual attitude, and perhaps Dreamspinner revealing her true identity had soured his attitude towards the pack. Or perhaps his relationship with his siblings was not as close as it seemed. Or so many other reasons. Cercelee just hoped he would have no excuse for leaving them.
[/html]
Sankor didn't comment when she protested the words he'd spoken up about her mate. He was just reflecting how her own words had originally come across to him, it didn't help that he actually liked the woman before him as well, but he left that out in his silent gaze across the waters. His eyes soon left the waters though and settled back on her, a million thoughts fluttering behind those warm mocha orbs as a soft sigh escaped his throat. If she could read his thoughts he would have turned and walked away then but he knew he was lucky in that atleast.

Her words thought turned to compliments and his own ears flicked in irritation but only for a moment as he shook his head. "Sometimes you have to drift from flower to flower before finding the perfect nectur.." he said, the metaphor on a bee and it's endless search to make the perfect honey seemed right in his mind, though if he'd thought twice about it he probably would never have said it to anyone but the ivory woman or his woad marked warrior friend. Sankor's eyes turned back to her as she spoke of his sisters. "We're family yes, but even family needs distance from time to time, I'll have to wait and see if I'd made the right choice.. if Alexey even wanted her family so close."

He stared out across the waters, remembering when he'd taken his own path away from his siblings and how they couldn't understand the choice he'd made. "Sometimes being close pushes you farther away.." he stated honestly with a slight shrug.
[html]

Cercelee raised her brow at the metaphor Sankor threw her way. Was he referring to the pack, or to mates? She let it go, simply assuming he had meant the pack. Though even still, she did not quite appreciate it. The Rosea knew that not everyone who came to Dahlia stayed, it was just not always home, but it always made her feel like she had failed that individual somehow. There were problems in every pack, but she did her best for everyone, tried to be fair. Sometimes it just wasn’t enough. Yet Sankor had not written them off, he had only stated a truth. Sometimes one had to search before finding their place.

“Well, I don’t know her too well, but I felt that family was important to Alexey, no? She did after all leave her to go looking after her mother.” At least that had been the excuse the female had given her Rosea upon her departure, and she had the story to back it up when she returned. If family wasn’t important, why bother with the trip? Cercelee scanned her memory to see if Alexey had spoken of her siblings, Cer was sure that at one point she had but the white lady couldn’t remember. “Sometimes being close is what makes you close. Why care about someone who is never around?” It was so easy for Cer to forget about those who didn’t stick around, she barely spared thoughts for those she did not see on a regular basis.
[/html]
ooc: Should we close this soon?

The mahogany and ebony male waited silently for his leader to reach her own reasoning at the words he'd placed out on the table for her. He knew it was almost cruel the things he'd said, but sometimes the truth was blunt and not easy to take. When her words came back in response he knew she correct in some things but he couldn't help but smile weakly as he raised a brow at the ivory dreamer. "Too much of a good thing can spoil everything.." he said. Knowing that as much as he loved his own family there were times when he just had to run as far as he could and just disappear into his own little world.. Cercelee had found him doing just that so long ago when they first met.

His eyes cast away in the direction that he'd last seen his closed minded sibling that he atleast knew was here and in the now, unlike Alexey who'd taken to the winds. His orbs turned back to Cercelee at her sharp edged question. "It's different.. when you grew up knowing every trick, every hiding place, every favorite toy.. Even if you try and leave it all behind.. it seems to haunt you somehow." When he'd run so far he knew that he'd been haunted by little memories and thoughts of his siblings. Tales of his childhood seemed to surface around the campfires at night when he'd shared the warmth with the others of the traveling bands that sometimes formed on the high roads.

After a moment he just flicked his gaze away and admitted. "Maybe it's just me though... I don't know if I could have forgot a Dreamspinner in the bat of an eye.. would you have forgotten?" Wasn't he suppose to have buried that in a deep hole so that no one else would find out about their little fantasy world. Opps, he'd forgotten that already.
[html]

Cercelee listened to his words, and though he disagreed she did not become annoyed, until he threw out the playful nickname for her again. Laying her ears flat on her head, she narrowed her at the male. The white lady had been clear in her wishes, as someone who had a mate and as his leader. They had to be proper now, they weren’t so close of friends that such names could continue innocently. Cercelee wasn’t exactly sure why she was so adamant about it, but she was. They were only words, what much could they hurt? A lot if they escalated into something more, Cercelee knew that.

Hanna’s words, her confession, could have caused a lot of hurt. Thankfully Slay was above it, he had made his choice and was not to be swayed. Hurt was only eluded because they had all been open, honest. Cercelee couldn’t justify sitting here and playing about or pretending with this male. Perhaps if he took a mate, stayed in the pack longer... after they knew each other on a more serious level could the silly game pick back up, once Cercelee knew it was all innocent. Until then, the Rosea decided it was best to extract herself, rather than argue with the male or repeat her request. “Sankor, please excuse me. I have other tasks to take care of today.” Rising up, she bowed her head to the male and was gone. She didn't give it a second thought.
[/html]
He knew he had gone to far but he couldn't understand from one moment to the next she could just play such games with him then find such seriousness in the world. He understood now that she was the head of a pack and there were a lot of responsibilities that sat on her shoulders but even a leader needed room to breath, to laugh sometimes and it seemed that the woman before him was so caught up in the run of the mill workings of the pack that he wondered if she forgot how to be carefree. Outside her pack she'd been able to indulge in a world of makebelieve without thinking twice it seemed and yet now that he was part of her everyday life and she'd moved on that he had to leave behind the fantasies and games.

He just shook his head and watched the woman walk away, hoping that she really hasn't lost the magic he'd seen in her that day.. he hoped that atleast she could find it again somewhere outside the pack or even remember that the world didn't call for such strict notions.. He wrinkled his nose and sighed, he really wouldn't understand woman and he wasn't sure if he even wanted to now after watching the shadowy moods that Cercelee just flashed through so quickly. He had two sisters but he wasn't for certain if he could remember them being this fickle and strange.. he knew they were weird at times.. but eh. Go figure.