Forgiveness is not for sale;
[html]

Set the day before birthing thread. Big Grin

The Koios family reunion hadn’t gone very smoothly. Alexey was well aware that she had started it, even if it was completely unlike her to do so. She had always been the type to take the blame for everything, the kind of person that would always attempt to fix everyone’s problems whilst overlooking her own. If she acted out of character lately, it was because all of the unresolved problems kept bottled up inside of her were finally resurfacing. Lexey didn’t like the monster she had turned into, and she already regretted the spiteful words she had so recklessly thrown at her siblings. Would they ever forgive her?

Closing her eyes, the tawny girl took a deep breath. Her mind gradually drifted off to a better a place, memories of Alexey and her two siblings playing together as puppies materializing in the back of her mind. Everything had been so simple back then. The Bluet envied those days, silently wishing she could travel back in time. Her thoughts eventually drifted to Firefly, wondering if she’d ever be capable of forgiveness too. Alexey wanted to be there for her, like she had always been there in the past. She had damaged so many friendships within the last few days. Alexey could only hope that it wasn’t too late to salvage them.

[/html]
The Sadira woman had been sitting outside her cottage on the little porch watching the snow as it randomly kept changing to slush and back to snow. The weather was awful and the woman had had plans to go on a patrol but as much as she wanted to get out of the house and explore their lands she was not willing to subject herself to the horrid weather she was watching falling right before her eyes. Her thoughts were moving back and forth between a million different things, from the newest pack members to the puppies that barely moved at all anymore. She wasn't for certain if it was her own emotions or if it was just random thoughts that mothers to be seemed to go through. She just flicked her ears back against her head and sighed.

Firefly's head lifted slowly as she caught a spark of gold moving through the horrible weather. She frowned as she moved to the edge of her porch to see just who was foolish enough to be out in the weather, when she began to recognize the form Firefly just shook her head and sighed. "Alexey, what are you doing.." she called softly out to the woman who seemed to be in her own little world, much like Firefly always was as of lately.
[html]

Alexey’s eyes shot open as a familiar voice pulled her out of her daydreaming session. For a moment, she wondered just how long Firefly had been standing on that porch. The Bluet hadn’t noticed anyone standing there and probably would’ve just walked by if the Acer hadn’t said anything. Realizing that she wasn’t the only one in the area, Lexey finally turned towards her interlocutor. Topaz-colored eyes aligned with Firefly’s emerald orbs, examining them carefully for any signs of remaining anger from their last encounter. Alexey thought she could perceive a hint of exasperation, but that seemed a personality trait of hers.

“What are you doing?” seemed like an easy enough question to answer but no matter how hard she thought about it, Lexey couldn’t come up with a response that made any sense. She suddenly felt like a child who had been caught doing something wrong. “Nothing,” she offered, unsure of herself. Shrugging nonchalantly, she climbed onto the porch and took a seat beside the mom-to-be. She’d been too lost in her own thoughts to pay attention to the weather. It was pretty bad, now that she focused her attention on the mixture of snow and rain falling from the sky.

“So, uh, did you think of any names for the pups yet?”

[/html]
Firefly watched as the other female detoured herself from the roaming trail she's been taking and came over to join her. The pregnant wolf fluffed up her pelt as she tried to keep the cold air at bay until the tawny lady found her place upon the porch as well. She offered the older wolfess a slightly sad smile as she turned her eyes back to the bad weather at the doorstep. "You looked like you were lost.." she said softly before laying back down on the array of blankets she'd dragged from inside the cottage.

Nudging her nose into the blankets as she flicked her ears back unsure at the question that the woman had posed her with. She shook her head as she stared out across the lands frowning. "I don't know.. I don't want to name them.." she said honestly. Why would she name the puppies within if there was the chance that they would never live to see the world around them. Maybe it was fear but she didn't know, she was just so confused now.

"Do you think that's wrong?" she asked suddenly.
[html]

Alexey returned the smile, shaking her head at the comment that came her way. Lost? Not literally. If Firefly had meant it metaphorically, then yes, she had indeed been lost in her own train of thoughts. Lexey purposely avoided the question though, not wanting to pester Firefly with the problems that had been going through her mind lately. The Acer had enough problems of her own to deal with.

The Bluet couldn’t help but scrutinize the bulging belly, attempting to guess just how many puppies were in there. Two? Three? Surely there couldn’t be more than that! Firefly’s reply came as a surprise, and Alexey was unable to control the dumbfounded expression that appeared on her face. Naming the pups was something every mother-to-be generally looked forward to. Why didn’t she want to name them? “I can’t say I understand your decision, but I don’t think it’s wrong.” she answered honestly.

A hint of sadness appeared in her saffron-colored eyes as they travelled down to her own belly. The tawny girl couldn’t understand what she had done wrong. Firefly had been blessed with children and she didn’t even want any. The only thing Alexey had gotten out of sexual intercourse with Aiden was the ability to shift; not exactly what she had wished for. “You’re lucky you know,” she admitted, her voice full of envy.

[/html]
Firefly just smiled to the woman as she shook her head and disagreed with Firefly's thought that she looked a bit lost. She just smirked and tossed the other girl a look as she said honestly. "You're not fooling anyone." She dropped the subject almost as quickly as she picked it up though with a sigh as she realized that Alexey seemed to be focusing on another topic that Firefly just couldn't get past these days. Her emerald orbs turned back to the rain as she tried to ignore the words of Alexey but she knew that she couldn't ignore her forever.

Alexey had told her that she really didn't understand and Firefly couldn't help but gaze down at the floor as she bit her lip, worrying at the floor as she shook her head. "Svara was attacked by a bear and I didn't stop to think.. I might have killed them." She had never even wanted the damn things and here she was afraid that she had killed her litter and she would show the pack just what a failure she was. Her eyes cast up to Alexey as a flash of fear seemed to spark across her maw as she searched for assurance that she hadn't done wrong.

While Firefly knew that most female wanted a family and happiness but Firefly had ambition and dreams that puppies were not part of. It seemed that now she'd set herself back with this new issue on hand and her own mate was disgusted with her and the conflict that they had created. She just shook her head at the envious words. "Not according to everyone.." she said softly.
[html]

“You're not fooling anyone." Busted. Alexey offered a sheepish grin as she averted her eyes from her younger friend. She simply shrugged and kept quiet while Firefly stammered on and explained how she had saved someone from a bear. She had no idea who this Svara person was; a new pack member, more than likely. Who she was didn’t really matter in this case though. Lexey could see fear settling in the Acer’s eyes, and that’s when she finally understood why Firefly didn’t want to name the puppies right away. Instinctively, she moved closer to the other female and lowered herself to the floor. “Lord only knows what would have happened to Svara if you hadn’t been there to save her.” she said, nudging the multi-hued lady with the tip of her nose.

“Besides, we’re talking about your children here. Bet they’re just as tough as their mom and dad.” Alexey truly believed that. Haku was probably the toughest bastard out there and Firefly was a strong woman. Those kids were definitely going to be a handful, she thought with a smile. That smile did not fade, even when Firefly countered with a reply of her own. Who in the world wouldn’t consider her to be lucky? Haku? “If you’re talking about him, he’ll come around. Just give him time.”

[/html]
Firefly watched as that small grin spread over the maw of one of the few she might actually be able to call a friend. She nodded to herself as she let Alexey off with the simple admittance that she'd granted the golden bronze woman before moving back to the conversation that seemed a little bit sour to the Acer. When finally she spoke up Firefly just sat there worrying at her lower lip, she hadn't even liked the child at the time, who now was more like a shadow that anything, but she knew Alexey was right. She lowered her gaze as she admitted. "I thought I didn't want them when I realized I was pregnant.." She didn't know why she was adnitting such nonsense to Alexey. Firefly was probably the only wolf in the world who would have killed her own children to make certain that she achieved all her goals before letting real life attempt to tear her world apart, oddly enough she found out too late she was wrong.

She flicked her emerald eyes over to Alexey as she chuckled sadly. "Yeah, they'll probably come out ready to take over the world.." She could almost see it to. There was something about the Sadira gene that just seemed to make one powerful, even if the bloodowner themselves didn't realize it. She shook her head and sighed as she watched the rain etch back into heavy snow once more as she spoke quietly. "Haku won't change, he'll just deal with the problem when it rears it's face.." The rest of the pack could believe what they wanted of father's and their children but Firefly knew the truth of her mate, she'd watched as he'd grudgedly let Svara into his home and now the male was stuck with the kid. He adapted his life around the problem, he didn't have to like it but he worked with it.
[html]

Lexey caught the shame in the Acer’s emerald eyes when she spoke of her pregnancy. Silly girl. How could Firefly still think that she wasn’t going to be a good mother when she constantly worried about her pups? Alexey had spent quite some time getting to know the younger female, enough to know that she would handle motherhood wonderfully. So what if she had hesitated in the beginning? Would she hold that against herself for the rest of her life? “Firefly, you need to stop thinking so much,” was the only advice Lexey had to give her.

Haku’s name was brought up once again, and Alexey simply shook her head in exasperation. “I still don’t understand why you shacked up with him in the first place. I mean, he’s our Lillium and I respect him, but did you really think he’d ever be able to give you the love and attention you deserve? You’re right, he won’t change. But then again, you knew the kind of man he was before you got involved with him.” she stated bluntly. Her goal wasn’t to anger Firefly, far from it. She was simply trying to understand how the woman had fallen in love with such a brute in the first place.

[/html]
Firefly's ears plastered against her head at the words that Alexey gave her, her emerald orbs turning to glance at the Koios lady as she granted her a sour look. She shook her head at the golden woman and scuffed. "I need to stop thinking so much? Look at you girl.." she shook her head and smirked. "Your whole damn family joined this pack to be with you and for some reason you didn't seem so thrilled about it." She narrowed her orbs as she asked. "What the hell's your problem.." she grinned, knowing that she'd get under the other's skin sooner or later, they'd talked enough about Firefly, now it was Alexey's turn.

When the comments on her and Haku's relationship struck Firefly couldn't help but bare her fangs though she knew she was defeated. There wasn't anything she could really say to explain it to the woman to where she'd actually understand what she meant. "Do you honestly think there's someone who could keep up with me Alexey?" she said dryly. The golden woman wouldn't understand that the fire that burned between the two Sadiras was nothing that any other male had ever been able to give Firefly, though it wasn't like Haku would even let another male try and give her the fire and passion she craved. She wondered if it was fear that someone else out there could give her everything she needed or if it merely had to do with the fact that she was his in some manly claim.
[html]

Lexey had mentally prepared herself for the inevitable rebuttal thrown in her face. She knew the younger female well enough to anticipate her reactions. Firefly was predictable, which is why Alexey wasn’t surprised at all when her entire family was brought into the equation. She had no desire to get into an argument with the Acer though, so she kept comments pertaining to her siblings short and sweet. “I didn’t mean to offend you, Firefly. But if you must know, my sister’s not an easy person to deal with. I don’t think she’ll stick around now that she knows I’m a shifter,” she stated matter-of-factly. Alexey had gotten into a major dispute with her two siblings the day before and luckily, she was now calm enough to discuss it without getting angry.

Firefly’s next question brought a smile to her lips. “Maybe there is someone else out there who could keep up with you. Who knows? Seems like you enjoy being with Haku though, despite what he’s putting you through.” she said carefully while studying her friend’s face.

[/html]
Firefly couldn't help but bare her fangs in a grin as she raised a brow at Alexey. "I know what a bitch your sister can be, believe me, she showed how unhappy she was at being here.. but I may have helped her along in believing that." She snorted as she shook her head. "She seems to believe that there's no room for change in this world. She won't last long if she doesn't straighten up." Rarely did Firefly actually offer much real advice unless it was in the form of a threat, but Adelaida had been the one threatening last time around, she had no problem laying the truth out on the line, even if it made Alexey unhappy, though it didn't seem to be that much of an issue as there was little emotion behind the truth she'd stayed.

Of course with getting to talk the talk with Alexey it gave the other female room to do the same back. Firefly pinned her ears back at the truth her friend stated as she sighed. "I think this is all out of our hands when it comes down to it.." She could hate Haku's little habits and ventures that left her hurt and bitter but in the end they always met back up in the middle and both regretted the mistakes they'd made and the time they'd lost. They might be able to get their kicks from another when the edges of their mateship were rough and ragged but it was only a temporary fix that left them still craving what only the other could give. It was a bitch, but it was life.
[html]

Giving ya a chance to reply then we can close? Big Grin

Bitch. Sister. Yep, that’s something Alexey would’ve said without much remorse. However, she couldn’t help but feel a little annoyed when the Acer used those words to describe Adelaida. It was one of those situations where only Alexey could say whatever she wanted about the masked female, a special rule that applied to her only. According to the Bluet, no one else was allowed to talk shit about her family. That’s just the way it was. Did that make her a hypocrite? Maybe. Lexey was willing to let it slide this time, mainly because she had initiated the discussion. She had deliberately invaded Firefly’s privacy, and now she was paying the price. Fair enough.

She did her best not to change her composure but something in her eyes revealed the truth for all to see. “Adelaida won’t straighten up. That’s just the way she is. Luckily, she’ll always have me to watch over her no matter how much of a selfish bitch she is,” she stated bluntly, a smile creeping onto her lips. It felt a little funny to say but it was the truth. Alexey had tried to let her sister deal with her own problems too many times, and she had failed horribly in doing so. “Same with you actually. I don’t always like you, but I do love you Firefly. I think I’ve proved that to you,” It was clear what she was referring to. The kidnapping. Inferni. She remembered it like it was yesterday.

That being said, Alexey stood up and turned to leave. “Just givin’ ya some tough love,” she added with a smile before heading off toward the cemetery.

[/html]
Firefly flicked her eyes to the tawny female as she spoke, she wasn't for certain if she even understood the girl but she just rolled her eyes. Zlexey could be pissed as hell with her siblings and know how stupid her sibling was yet she would always be there for her. Firefly wouldn't admit it, but she knew that her own siblings were the same way to a degree. She thought lightly on it as her friend continued on, though it didn't take her long to pin her ears back as she realized the conversation had changed to her.

She sat quietly as the woman reminded her of what she had proven in the past. Firefly frowned sightly, not liking having pointed out the mistakes of her past and what others had done to try andfix those mistakes. She turned her eyes towards Alxey as she began to move away off in the distance. The girl couldn't help but smile slightly at the last words she'd been left with as the golden pelted woman disappeared off into the sleet again. She just sighed and let her go with nothing more said. Alexey knew she understood and that was enough.