a nightengale in a golden cage
OOC: *sneaks quietly back in and beats her muse into submission* <.<

[html]
It seemed like an eternity, and yet the opposite all at once. Four months ago, in the aftermath of the Dahlia Inferni ceasefire, the dark Stormbringer known as Kol had disappeared into the night. There'd been no warning, no fleeting goodbye as she'd followed her brother's silent footsteps into the dead of night, running as fast as they could back to Solbjorg Valley and the family she'd left behind. The Valley was no longer home to the young girl, for Dahlia de Mai had taken that particular place in her heart, but it was the home of her bloodline and an ages-old war had begun once again.

The Dawnrunners had attacked Kol's family out of the blue one autumn evening, and there had been casualties on both sides of the fray. Skripi had been sent to find Kol and fetch her back to help, and when they had reached the Valley it was an odd and distorted mirror image of the usually joyful Stormbringer reunions. Members from both Crow's and Ravyn's lineage had gathered to fortify the bloodline's defenses, and after a few weeks of nearly constant skirmishes and one all-out battle in the moonlight, a truce had been declared once more. With the violence at an end for now, Kol had made her way back to the place she considered her home.

Moonlight glimmered in the tears that silently filled the young girl's eyes, for the scent of the brother that had come to fetch her still clung resiliently to the path they'd taken away from Dahlia. It was ever so faint, but her nose caught it just the same. The male had been one of the unlucky killed in the sudden recurrence of the ancient war between the enemy packs, and Kol sighed heavily as she stood outside her homeland's borderline. She dared not enter unannounced, for she'd been missing without even a word for four months, and there was no telling how her former packmates would feel about her sudden return.

Kol's violet eyes still glinted with life, but there was a depth to them that hadn't been there the first time she'd crossed these borders. It had only been a few months, but the Stormbringer girl had grown a lifetime between the war for her home in Dahlia and the one for her very bloodline's survival. A closer look would reveal several small changes in the dark shewolf's appearance: a few new scars here and there, a chunk missing from the outside edge of her left ear, a stiffness in her right shoulder. But they were minor changes, merely points on the map of Kol's body that told the story of her life thus far. Kol wasn't vain enough to lament the blemishes in her pelt. On the contrary, she was proud of those scars. Those marks had been earned time in again in defense and protection of those she loved...of those she would always love. And hopefully the family she'd chosen would welcome her back as surely as the family she'd been born to always would.
[/html]
ooc- Hi! I was forced to reply to this. (not edited by libri) Big Grin Because we love you!

Sankor had found it strange that the leader of this pack had turned out to be his dreamspinner. He wasn't for certain what he thought of that, it wasn't anything bad but still it made him wonder just what he'd got himself into. The male was so use to flirting and teasing the girls now it seemed that his little moment with the Rosea was a little strange on his mind. He had been walking along the edge of the packlands thinking about all the new changes in his life and the life he'd left behind. Nothing had really gone as planned but then again nothing ever did. The male just shook his head and smiled at how silly this all was.

His thoughts had been interupted as the scent of a stranger came to his maw. He lifted his head and thought for a moment before he decided to go see just who was lingering on the edge of the lands. He had no real duties but he might as well start to work on being a little bit more of a packmate and pull his weight. He grinned to himself and dashed off into the direction of the other, the dark hue of the wolves pelt seen through the flashes of trees as Sankor smiled, wondering just who he'd found.

He slowed his pace down as he broke through the cover of the trees and stared at the woman with the royal eyes. He cleared his throat as he slowed down and gave her a shy little smile as he spoke softly. "Hello, can I help you?" he asked, not knowing if he was even doing this right.
OOC: I seriously love you all. XD

[html]
Kol didn't have to wait long before someone happened upon her, it seemed. The dark girl was silently thankful for that, for the more time she spent with nothing to do meant the more time she had to spin her thoughts through her head. Those thoughts had recently centered only around the pain she'd experienced so suddenly in the past few months, and anxiety about how things were holding up back in the Valley. She'd known she couldn't possibly stay there once the conflict had been dealt with. She knew she'd done the right thing in returning to the place she truly felt was her home, but the Stormbringer also couldn't calm the guilty feeling that she'd simply abandoned her family for her own selfish reasons when they needed her.

As the stranger approached, Kol lowered herself below his shoulder height. As strange as it seemed to her now, Kol was the outsider in this encounter, which made her lower than even the lowest of pack members when she stood before claimed lands. Luckily for her, however, she seemed to have gotten a friendly stanger rather than an arrogant and pompous one. "Evening sir. My name is Kol Stormbringer, and I was once a member of Dahlia. I've come to seek reacceptance, if at all possible."
[/html]
Sankor smiled as the woman began to lower herself to where she was closer to his level, shaking his head slowly as he paused and backed up, chuckling to himself. "No, no, none of that now." he said to her. "I'm just Sankor." He wasn't ready to be seen as a higher ranked member of the pack and he wasn't one right now. He was frankly at the bottom of the barrel and he didn't mind lingering around down there right now. He sat back and smiled at the woman for a moment as she gave her reason for appearing along the borders.

He wrapped his tail around his paws as he smiled at the woman and stated. "Well I'm sure you know how this goes by now.." his eyes shining with a bit of humor as he admitted. "I hate to tell you though, I'm as new as freshly fallen snow to any packlife and I wouldn't be much help in getting you reaccepted." he said with a wink. The male was such a flirt but his knowledge of the pack was like trying to find his way out of a paperbag. It was a sad sad sight but funny as hell to watch.

He cleared his throat and grinned sheepishly. "So.. where are we heading from here Kol?" he asked suddenly.
[html]OOC: Sorry this is short! Ok not as short as I thought it was gonna be. XD

A tired smile washed over the girl's face as the male succeeded in easing the tension of the night. However, at the mention of his name, Kol's ears perked in muted surprise. "Sankor? As in Sankor Koios? Lexey's brother?" The last Kol had known, the Koios male had still been missing. Just what else had gone on in the months since she'd been torn away by war?

The Stormbringer's violet eyes blinked almost dumbly before the rest of what her greeter had said registered in her brain. So he was new. Then his apparent appearance from the depths of mystery was only a recent development. Kol couldn't imagine how happy her sisterly best friend must have been to find her missing brother. They'd have a lot of catching up, between them. A bemused smile tugged at the shewolf's lips as she spoke again. "Well, new or not, I'm sure that Dahlia welcomed you with open arms. Besides, we all start out as new." Her smile brightened to a gentle grin aimed at the male as she remembered her own rookie days within the pack.

"Now, as to where we're headed, I really don't want to just assume I can move back in without talking to Cercelee or Haku first. Maybe we should go find or call one of them? I've never done this before myself either, so I'm not entirely certain how it goes for a joiner who's already been a pack member before. I'm sort of winging it, myself." She chuckled softly as she finished, hoping things would continue to go so smoothly. All she wanted to do at this point was stumble into her little house by the cemetery, fall onto her broken bed, and sleep for a week or more.
[/html]
ooc- Big Grin It's ok, my posts tend to suck now since I have so many characters, or atleast in my eyes they do.

Sankor couldn't help but grinning, the smile splitting across his maw as he raised a brow at the words the lady spoke. "Wow, my name seems to preceed me. We've only just met and you know so much more about me that I do of you." He winked at the woman as he shifted from one paw to the other as he finally grew a little serious and nodded in agreement to what she'd asked. "But yes, the same, the one and only Sankor." He was such a flirt but it made the world that much more entertaining.

He seemed to relax so easily around the darker hued girl as he thought about what she'd asked. It seemed that she had been a close friend of Alexey's seeing how she'd known so much about him and yet he wondered what else his sister may have given away. Flicking his ears to the side as he eyed her a moment before thanking her for her encouragement towards joining the pack and asking as well, "Thank you, I'm hoping that everything goes well...So how many of my little quirks and secrets has Alexey given away to this pack that I should probably know about.." he smiled easily, it really didn't matter what the girl had said, it was just better to have a bit of a warning when it came to who knew what about you when you knew nothing but a name.

Clearing his throat for a moment he grinned and stated plainly. "Well, then let's find the Dreamspinner and see what she has to say." He chuckled at the idea and tilted his head to the side, up on all fours quickly. Any excuse to go see his Dreamspinner was well worth it and this one had enough merit. He smiled at Kol and suggested. "The harbor, she tends to be there a lot.. or so they say." He hoped that Cercelee would infact be at the harbor, he really didn't just want to call out to her and demand the ghostie to come looking for him.
OOC: *huggleglomps* Can we tell I'm a bit eager to play again? XD And your posts don't suck. *thwaps* Slight PP just to get them moving, if that's ok. ^^ I'll edit it if not love.

[html]
The male's easy disposition finally got to Kol, and she sighed as every muscle in her body gave up its tension. Sankor may not have been someone she knew as she'd hoped for, but nonetheless he'd managed to put her completely at ease and dispell the awkwardness Kol had anticipated. She was grateful for that. "Honestly, all I know about you is your name and the fact that both Lexey and Adelaida had no idea what had happened to you, and were worried sick. Circumstances before I was suddenly pulled away from Dahlia sort of cut short our usual time for talking and girlish antics. It seems that no matter where you are nowadays, someone is shedding blood and tearing apart the potential for a peaceful existence." A heavy sigh accompanied her wistful statement, and she hoped against hope that just maybe there could be a lull in the violence that had taken over the past year or so of her life.

Coming back to herself, the young girl smiled at her guide, taking his invitation and crossing back into her home territory on the premise of seeking out Cercelee. As she closed the gap between herself and Sankor, she tilted her head at his words. "Dreamspinner?" Kol was curious as to why the male referred to the alpha with such a title, her expression giving that fact away quite obviously as they began the leisurely trek to the harbor.
[/html]
ooc- never have a problem with pp unless someone is trying to eat/kill/maim/rape my characters without prior discussion. Big Grin

The male had no problem with trusting others and the woman before him made it very easy. He flicked his warn brown and green flecked eyes to those dazzling royal ones as he grinned at her response. "Atleast they didn't give away all my secrets, I can still dazzle the world with my simple ways." He knew he was being silly but the world needed a bit of a jokester and the laid back male didn't mind being the one to put a smile on everyone's maw. He walked along beside her quietly for a little while as he thought over what she had said about war and peace, his light smile greeting her as he listened, "Perhaps that's the only benefit of the wanderers life." he said honestly as he shook his head, his walk bouncing slightly at the thought of seeing his silly friend again.

As they moved along he was asked such a question that he should have expected. All he could do was grin and chuckle nerviously as he admitted the honest truth. "When we first met I didn't know her name.. or the fact that she lead a pack.. She'd been stalking me through an abandoned ship and we struck up a friendship. We gave eachother code names.." he turned to see if the lady was laughing before moving on. "She was my Dreamspinner and I was the Nightwalker." he laughed again and just shook his head. "I didn't even know it was her pack I was joining when I was accepted into Dahlia de Mai." So the boy was just filled with strangeness now wasn't he, but life with him around was never dull atleast!
OOC: I'm exactly the same way. XDD And by the way, you rock hardcore for speeding this along so wonderfully!! *noms on* I love Sankor!

[html]
Kol couldn't help but return the male's smile as the pair treaded the familiar territory of Dahlia de Mai. His temperment and personality were just so damned easygoing that it cheered the girl up immensely. The farther into the packlands the two ventured, the more fond of Alexey's brother Kol found herself growing. She found herself absently wondering how she'd get along with Adelaida. The charcoal female remembered well how leary Alexey was of Luperci at first, and how she'd mentioned that her sister was far, far worse. Ah well, there was no use in worrying over what if's and possiblities. Best to burn your bridges after you'd crossed over them.

Kol's right ear was tuned in to her new friend's explanation for Cer's peculiar nickname. As he went on, she found herself smiling, for it reminded her somewhat of the games she used to play with her siblings. "Nightwalker, huh? Well judging by the current time of day, I'd say it suits you." She chuckled softly as they continued walking. "It's funny how things sneak up on you and work out the way they sometimes do, isn't it? I'm sure Cercelee hadn't expected to see you at her borders. Was she surprised to learn who you really are as well?"
[/html]
ooc- sorry about this all.. >.<

Sankor couldn't really explain the difference between himself and the two Koios women in his life. He'd been the one to explore and wander the world to find himself while his siblings had chosen different routes in their lives. In a way Sankor was nothing like his siblings and as well they were closer than most as well. They had come upon the harbor as Sankor commented with a slight chuckle. "The bay is still iced over, it makes for interesting games thatway though.." He grinned wickedly at the coal hued woman, he wasn't for certain if he could see her launching herself across the ice, but if she was anything like the rest of the pack he'd met he could seem himself enjoying her company just the same as the rest. Ade must have been wrong after all, there was nothing wrong with these packs.

He paused for a moment as he glanced across the harbor, looking for his Dreamspinner while Kol spoke. He couldn't help but smile again as he chuckled. "I doubt I ever sleep anyways.. there's just too much going on in this world.. even when it seems there's nothing at all." He loved all the strange things one could find if they changed their routine from time to time, though he did sleep to others it might not appear thatway since he could be caught out day and night. He smiled again at her last question as he laughed. "You could say that.. I'm sure she wasn't expecting Alexey's brother to be her Nightwalker as well.." He shook his head in wonder at how strange that had turned out before asking. "Do you see her anywhere? I know it's sortof a stupid question.. " he said suddenly as he realized they were staring out at a white scene looking for an ivory woman.
OOC: <33333 No worries at all love!!! Should I edit the title to get a leader's butt in here? Wink

[html]
Kol chuckled as she walked with the male. Night was her preferred time of day, to be honest. Perhaps it had to do with her heritage, or her pelt color, but whatever the reason, she loved the silvery Packmother moon a bit more than the paternal sun. However, anyone who knew the girl also knew that she definitely slept. If one ever need look for Kol during the daylight hours, the first and most logical place to seek her out would be the bed in the back room of the house she'd taken over. It was a crude thing; the bedframe had long since splintered and snapped with the years of decay, but the pairing of boxspring and queen size mattress was the most comfortable surface the Stormbringer had ever slept on. It was even large enough to accomodate her optime form if she pulled up her knees a bit and layed sideways corner to corner. Sleeping in that form, however, was a rare event indeed.

As the two wolves stopped on the edge of the harbor, Kol took a moment to take in the scene. The last time she'd seen the area she'd had her little sketch book with her. Her mind drifted to that book for a moment, with a fleeting thought of just what had happened to it when she'd left so suddenly in the middle of the night those months ago. For the life of her, she just couldn't remember. Ah well, it didn't matter much now. Kol hadn't felt the desire to create anything since the war back in Solbjorg had called her away. Besides, she could never do justice to a scene such as was before the pair. The frozen harbor made a beautiful centerpiece in the snow-blanketed landscape, the soft breath of the wolves the only movement at all. "I hadn't realize just how beautiful this packland could be in winter." Time stopped for a moment, and started again only when Sankor spoke up. Kol blinked in realization as she processed what he'd said. "Talk about a needle in a haystack!" Winking in good humor, the girl narrowed her amethyst eyes to get a closer look. "Hmm...I don't think I can see her anywhere..."
[/html]
ooc-yeah, we need the cottonball now. Big Grin

Sankor had really yet to claim a place as his own within the packlands, he hadn't even really stopped to find out if Ade had but that was his own guilt he would have to deal with later. Now he stared up at the orb hanging in the sky for a moment before shaking away the thought. He would have to find himself a place to stay soon, or atleast finally claim the one secret world he did possess and finally make it public. He use to think of it as his own personal den when he was little, maybe now it should just be made into such, it was the perfect little place even if it wasn't a house or a cottage like the rest of the pack seemed to lean towards. He just gave up on that and paused in his steps as he realized that too quickly they'd reached their destination.

He turned his green flecked warm brown eyes to the lady as he smiled at her words. "Were you here long enough to give the lands a chance to steal your breath away?" or anyone or anything else in the lands he thought as he gazed at those violet orbs a moment before shifting his own gaze to peer across the lands as he came to notice that nothing was moving in the night. He grinned back at the lady as she gave him a little wink and came to the same conclusion that he just had. "Perhaps we must demand her attention.." he paused a moment before changing his tune. "or maybe we should learn to beg.." He didn't know which would work better or if either were really needed, but they'd find out now wouldn't they...
[html]

Out of Character

Sorry for my lateness! I'll edit the title after your post love! ^^

In Character

Kol narrowed her eyes a bit as the pair stood on the edge of the harbor. She tried to make out any sort of wolfen form against all the white in the background, but there was no question that their leader was nowhere nearby. Well, one couldn't make someone be exactly where they wanted, when they wanted! Sankor and she would just have to settle for either wandering around aimlessly in search of Cercelee, or find another course of action.

It seemed Sankor himself had had the same train of thought as the Stormbringer. As he commented, Kol smiled a bit at the male whose company she was grateful for. "I was indeed. This place captivated me so much that there was never any question of coming back when certain things were taken care of. It's home to me for more reasons than one." Her violet eyes softened a bit as she spoke of Dahlia, amplifying the meaning of every word. "I think you're right though, about getting Cer's attention somehow. I don't mind having to traverse the entire packlands to find her, but I can't say I'd enjoy it all that much with the way I feel right now." She smiled a bit weakly at her newfound friend, her still-healing injuries beginning to ache and pulling her quickly into a state of near exhaustion.

Table by Fishie!

[/html]
Sankor watched the woman silently while she spoke, a flicker of concern flashing in his eyes as he nodded in agreement. He'd never really called out to another to demand their attention, normally he'd just followed their scent but considering the scents of the pack crisscrossed across the lands and Cercelee was their leader trailing her tail could be an adventure to last hours. He glanced over towards the bay, wishing she would suddenly appear before stating slowly. "I guess I could always call her.." his words slightly unsure as he glanced back at Kol.

Finally growing a bit of a backbone the male titled his head back and let loose a soft call to the woman with the silky ivory pelt. His song requested her need to accept an old packmate who had returned home once more. He was use to the speech of song but he wasn't certain if the Luperci still retained the old ways, having changed into more human creatures over time. When his head dropped back he shifted from paw to paw as he announced sheepishly. "I hope she's near.." though the weather was always cold lately it seemed there was a bite in the air that was threatening to get worse. Soon the two newcomers would have to seek shelter from the cold or atleast find a place to keep warm. She was probably exhausted just from her travels as well he thought as his green flecked orbs watched her.
Within moments it seemed that Sankor had been graced with a reply from their leaders. He frowned slightly at the fact that Cercelee was too busy to come out and see who he'd taken into the pack but he just shrugged and shooked his head. Turning his eyes back to the coal hued lady he just granted her a smile and repeated what their leader had already stated in her greeting. "Well, it seems you've been welcomed back with opened arms." He said simply.

Chuckling for a moment he nodded to the lady and said softly. "I can bet you're wanting to get some rest.. you certainly look it." His warm brown eyes studied her for a second as he spoke, knowing that he should have seen earlier that she was tired but he'd been on a mission and sometimes the male had a one track mind. His sheepish grin was offered as he apologized. "I shouldn't have dragged you across the lands.."