they call me the wanderer
[html]

dingdingding! Fresh meat on the table!

So for now, the dark Luperci had moved camp from Serena Reserve through to the bordering edge of Ethereal Eclipse--though of course, such names and borders were unknown to her as of yet. It was just that she'd been a nomad, a migratory wolf, her whole life. Settling in one place for too long was... well, unsettling. They call me the wanderer, yeah, the wanderer... Once the deer hide pants, black t-shirt, and plaid overshirt were stashed high and in a safe place along with the guitar swaddled in more hide, Madison could tend to her grumbling stomach. Down on all fours, the lupus made off into the trees on the trail of breakfast.

It was no easy endeavor, however. The wolf stuck out like a sore thumb against the contrasting white backdrop, even while keeping to the trees. She spent a lot of her time during these daylight hours hunting just to find enough small game to keep her belly half full. These northern overcast skies made for no shadows to hide her ebony fur, and trying to sneak up on something in some of the more barren territories was out of the question. Her only chance was to catch her prey off guard as it came out to dig up a little food or something by staying quiet and downwind. It was tricky business, leaving the loner constantly frustrated. It wasn't like back home--even though she had been just as easily visible against the desert sands, the rest of the Feh'yuri women had been able to do most of the hunting. What did it take to get a little service out here?!

[/html]
DaVinci caught the scent of another as he wandered the edge of the lands, restless again as he tried to clear his head. The pack Savant had no large worries for the pack, they were small but they were strong. His mother had made preparations before her accident to make certain they would survive the winter and with their short numbers it didn't seem like they would have to move to such dramatic efforts. He just pushed the whole lot of the pack to the back of his mind and sighed, the puff of breath that greeted the world disappearing quickly as he sliced through the trails. He stopped a moment and lifted his head as he realized that the scent was growing stronger and it wasn't long before he realized that there was a shadow on the shifting shimmering white world before him.

He lowered his body for a second as he studied the other from the slight advantage he had of overgrown dead weeds and scraggly old bushes. He didn't know the strange spicy scent of the woman and the weak scent of a pack or clan that seemed to cling to her. He had almost thought that the figure belonged to an old friend but when he'd come to realize the stranger was female he quickly changed that like of thinking. She seemed to be having some issues with her hunting technique and the male was surprised by how fit she looked if her hunting skills were this pathedic. He just smirked to himself as he moved out of the brush and into her view.

The hybrid male smiled slightly as he gave the woman her distance and gave out a greeting. "Hello.." Maybe he'd be able to uncover why she seemed to wellfed but was the poorest huntered he'd ever seen.
[html]

Thank you again for your patience. Smile

Frustration easily builds upon itself when the frustratee is running on empty. Most self-respecting creatures would stay inside rather than brave this damn cold--a freeze that eased only slightly in the sunlight. That cut down on the amount of prey about. It was probably a good idea for Madison to start hunting after dark--she'd be moving in the even colder temperatures, and she wouldn't have the camouflage problem. A sigh came out in a puff of steam.

A few steps more and one ebon ear flicked toward a noise. It was a silver canine who arose from the bushes some distance away, and he was male. Nice fur, a little jewelry. Some of the Feh'yuri women used to wear earrings like that. But even with these observations, Madison's cool amber eyes regarded him with all the interest of a piece of meat. Well, not really, her stomach protested. She was very interested in meat right about now, but not very interested in him. It wasn't an affront to him personally--he might be a nice guy, but 'nice guy' wasn't really a phrase she was familiar with. (But again, she wasn't familiar with many males.) The black paws had stopped mid-stride, sinking into the contrasting white snow. She raised her head--which she was fairly sure she could get away with, but she was only fairly sure she wasn't on pack land--and asked simply, "Kin Ah help yew?"

[/html]
DaVinci simply watched the strange woman watching him for a moment, but then he realized that she'd spoken up. His ears twitched back in annoyance at himself for getting so relaxed in the presence of a stranger. So, she didn't seem to be that skilled of a hunter, he had to remind himself that hunting prey and hunting others were two different skills sometimes. When the heavily acccented words graced his ears he nodded slightly to the woman and spoke up, the irish lith almost lost in his deep voice, "You're a stranger to these parts, no?"

Stormy orbs regarded her as he tried to place where she was from but failed miserably. It didn't surprise him, most of the accents he'd heard lately had only refrained from stumping him because he knew the language they'd been associated with, this common english with an accent was something totally new to him. He moved a step closer as he went on. "I'm DaVinci.." he said, giving her his name, but not his rank or pack he came from. If she really decided she had to know, she could always ask he thought to himself.
[html]

There was another moment before he answered--a brief moment of watching him watch her watching him, and more watching. There was only a flicker of interest that crossed her features when he spoke, accompanied by a twitch of the ear. The dark wolf was really not interested, she told herself, it was just that she'd never heard an accent like his before. Like humans did once, the Vegas wolves had come from all over the world to make their gringo selves comfortable in their gringo palaces--to forget about the land they'd come from. And then they had forgotten the Land, in stark contrast to the savage women who lived in the desert. She'd heard the quickness of Spanish speakers, the harsh roll of Russian, and the twangy English of the Feh'yuris when they wanted to be understood. Though there was only a vague hint of an accent left--as compared with the few others Madison had spoken with in these parts--it was something different.

"Dah-vin-chi," the black lady repeated, a smirk curling at the corner of her lips. "Kinda like it. Diff'rnt. Not that Ah like yew," she added warily. "Yew must be from one-ah them packs Ah pass 'round. So far, me 'n Charlotte haven't had any trouble from 'em so we leave 'em be. Ran into y'all once er twice." Something in her country girl voice said she'd rather it be that way--with less run-ins with the pack wolves. She'd never much gotten along with them since Texas. "Back home they were callin' me Madison Square, so I s'pose yew can too. If'n Ah am new 'round these parts, what's it to yew?"
[/html]
DaVinci was slightly amused at the bold words the woman spoke, he had met pirates that seemed to have the same personality, yet he could tell already that she was something completely new and different than the world he'd once known. He nodded with a slightly cocky look across his face as she answered him. "Not many tend to like me, I guess it's part of the package deal." He didn't exactly make himself likeable and it was already with him if the world didn't care for him. If the pack respected his rule and he didn't have to fight with the underlings all the time then life would run on and he was fine with the hand he played in life.

He lowered his gaze for a moment as he crouched down in the snow, making sure that he wasn't sitting where another could ambush him if this lady wasn't alone. She didn't act like she was part of a group but the strange way of speaking made it hard to tell in the end. He rose those stormy orbs again and glanced at her as he shook his head. "Now don't go comparing my pack to every other one out there, it ain't really fair." He really didn't care what she thought of his pack, half of them probably would judge the woman for her differences, he knew that some of his own had been surprised to find a wolf in sheeps clothing in their mists, his coyote blood shining through his wolf heritage quite easy. "But I suppose if you're new to the lands it just means you probably will judge the lot of us.. I doubt they do things the same here as wherever it is you're from." He grinned at her before he shrugged.

"Things were done a bit different back where I came from too.. Madison." he tried her name on for size just to see how it rolled about. The name sortof reminded him of Jefferson's name, one of those strange human things.. but then against wasn't his too. He raised a brow at her last question as he shrugged. "A man can ask questions can't he?"
[html]

The smart-aleck remark earned the gray a snort from Madison. Neither were there many folk who liked her very much, and that was just as well. She was proud of who she was, where she'd come from, and the duty the Spirits had saddled her with, but not exactly proud of being unlikeable. The ebony female had the fierce pride of someone who covered a shame with it, and in that small place, she believed she deserved all the dislike in the world.

This never showed in those hardened amber eyes of hers, of course. Davinci said his pack--whoever they were--didn't deserve to be compared with the rest, though Maddie had a few choice words for that. It was true what he said though. As the desert lady had travelled northeast, customs and attitudes had changed--mostly toward the harsher, colder end of the spectrum, not surprisingly. It seemed he would understand that too, coming from wherever that crazy accent was from. She thought about it a moment, shifting her black paws in the snow. Finally, the three-year-old sat, though still on her guard--she might be here a while.

"Sure, yew kin ask questions, Ah s'pose. So few men do," she added, almost under her breath. There was almost no tonal change in the way she said the last phrase, as if it was just a fact of life. "An' yer right they do things diff'rnt here. Jus' so... stationary. Yew stay in one place all the tahme, thinkin' yew own the place. That it's yers. Ya fight fer it. Ya dun' move with the rhythm o' the Land, an' the Land, she cain't be owned." Madion snorted again in a derogatory fashion. The Feh'yuri tribe had been nomadic, following the heards and tuning their ears to life's music. "Yew don' live like yew could have it taken all away anytime. It ain't precious tew ya." The sharp words halted in a sort pause, tail swatting once or twice where it lay. All this was sure to spark some defensive tirade about how what she said was untrue--it always did. She'd pronounced it to a number of non-Luperci packs--those the Spirits had charged her to protect--and of course, none listened. Hard-headed males and weak females. "Not that Ah 'spect yew to un'erstand, boy."
[/html]
DaVinci watched the quiet battle that seemed to rage within the woman's eyes at the word's he'd spoken. He didn't try and push his point or argue furthere, to him there was no sense. She'd either believe him or she wouldn't it wasn't his place to convince her and frankly he didn't care to. The silvery blue hybrid smiled though as she finally settled back and seemed to atleast decide if she was staying or going for the moment.

But with the first words that she graced him with the male was giving her a look that said it all, he was not amused. She seemed to have low reguards to males and yet she hadn't even given him a chance. "Now com'on.. how would you feel if I started everything off so negative. You haven't even given us a chance and already I'm feeling hated." He grinned slightly at the woman, not know just how strongly she felt towards males, though everything she'd spoken already didn't paint him a pretty picture.. and soon enough he'd find it wasn't just his gender alone.

Before he'd even been able to ask a question she'd already wailed into him about the lands and their disrespect for it. He just raised twin brows at the woman and was silent until she finally decided to shut up. She had so much to say and yet it was all the same. Bull Shit. She knew nothing about the male and she wasn't even giving him a change to let her know him. "Well Madison that was very enlightening onesided view of just what I think and what I do. It'd be nice if you'd judge me after the fact you know." He wasn't sure if there was really a point in speak anymore, this woman seemed too bull headed to even listen and she probably wouldn't even change her views anyways.

"Of course you don't expect me to understand.. but I wasn't raised here. I may belong to one of these packs you dislike so much, but you can't claim to know us by what you've seen before." He shrugged and flicked the tip of his tail slowly as he spoke. "True we make stake out a claim to a territory, but it's because we're drawn to the beauty of the land and the awe of it all, atleast some of us." He knew he couldn't say the same for every pack, tribe or clan. He flicked his ears back as he suggested. "Perhaps you should see how the wolves of these lands live before you think we're the devil in disguise.." his words were dry and there was little arguing.

"Besides, what makes you so special.." He demanded. Why did she think she was so high and mighty to be lecturing him on his lifestyle when here she was like some supreme being that had more reason to be here than he did. He hated to break it to here but there was nothing special about her in his eyes and he doubted anyone else would agree if she took that temper and speech to the road. He didn't know what she'd find out there with the others, but his own pack though the worked the lands and stayed put in one place loved the world they lived in. He was starting to feel a twinge of annoyance at the woman but he didn't say anything yet, just waited to see what she'd say.