missing a title
[html]

indentAnother lost pack, another lost family. Phasma had only just left Storm a few hours before. She'd had time to think in her travels, to calm herself down and go over everything in her head. What wrong had she done for everything to end up in such a fashion? She'd only been able to settle on one conclusion. She hadn't done anything wrong. It was almost odd that she felt no regret for the way things had happened. The raven woman had stood for what she believed in, she'd done what she would have done in any situation and for that she had been looked down upon. It was the past now, though, and at the moment she didn't feel the need to think back on it.

indentWhat was on her mind at that moment was the fact that she was again homeless, just as she had been when the members of her pack had moved on to other places. Where would she go? There were two people who understood the situation, really. Gabriel and Fatin and she doubted that Gabriel would be very happy if she showed up in Inferni. That was the reason she moved on for the borders of Jaded Shadows, where she knew she would find her mother figure. Rather than staying at the borders as she usually would, though, she passed over them and into the lands. She needed to talk, just needed someone, and she intended to find her.

[/html]
[html]
mall-caps;">this table was touched by Misery

Sitting with her fail neatly tucked around her legs she watched the snow falling from her secret, hidden den. She, to her knowledge, was left there alone since only Josiah knew it's whereabouts anymore. Most of the family that knew where it was hardly cared or seemed to be around enough to matter. It was from that rocky ledge that she caught sight of the dark figure walking through the packlands. There was a heavy aura around the figure, the head down, dejected steps seemed to suggest this was not a casual stroll of pleasure, but a walk of both thought and measure. Slowly, carefully she maneuvered her body in almost cat like fashion, her legs carefully taking her down towards the dark figure.

from her vantage point it was hard to assume gender. Yes, a slender body might suggest a female owner, but what of the neat and compact male? Fatin knew within moments of the identity and gender of the creature as she neared the form, knowing at once it was Phasma Kile's body and Phasma Kile's scent she had been trailing. "Child, what is it?" She murmured softly, eyes drinking in all that she could. A longing in her, one she had not known in ages, welled up inside her breast: her first instinct was pain. She wanted to deliver it. Perhaps incorrectly she assumed that a pain had been dealt to Phasma, but how in the world was she to know just how accurate she was?

[/html]
[html]

indentStill it bothered her, even for as long as she'd been walking and thinking. How did he just completely ignore the fact that all she had done was for the safety of Storm? Did he not care or even bother to think of it? Could he possibly be more worried about his reputation than the thoughts of his Gamma or the safety of his family? Honestly, Phasma wasn't even sure what to think anymore. She'd spoken one word, just his name, and the whole thing had turned into a game of accusations and arguments. She hadn't even gone to him to argue. All she'd wanted was to talk it out, to express her concerns and perhaps come up with a suitable solution. It was obvious now that she was neither appreciated or respected.

indentOne could have easily mistaken her for a wolf heading down their last road to death by the way she looked as she walked. Head down and ears flatten, the confused and hurt look upon her face. It all had happened so fast and, though she didn't regret a thing that she had done, it still hurt. There was a soft sound then, almost like the wind but somewhat different than what it should sound like. Phasma stopped then, looking around the area in front of her. "Hello?" She called out softly, as if she might disturb the peace of the lands if she talked to loudly. Had he come to harass her here now?

[/html]
[html]

Closing the gap between them, Fatin approached Phasma from her side, slipping up between her with little to no noise; such was her custom in her own lands. "You seemed troubled." She said quietly, eyes full of concern for the girl she had known for years, and yet at moments seemed so far from. The times where they saw one another were few and far in between, and yet when the two were placed together it never showed. "Did..." She paused, testing the rest of the sentance in her mind. "did something happen?" Not to begin with an accusation, but from the way the girl was walking - in Jaded Shadows no less- Fatin had a good idea that something, unfortunately, had gone terribly wrong.

[/html]
[html]

indentAt times Phasma felt bothersome with her problems. It seemed like so many piled up so quickly that she was just becoming a burden, even to those that she really didn't talk to about them. Could they see it in her eyes? Perhaps the way she walked? She wasn't sure but sometimes it felt like everyone knew. She didn't even hear the other female as she approached though when she came into sight a quiet sigh was given, something between relief and complete frustration, though not at her. "I left Storm." She said simply, honestly. That had been exactly what she'd done, just turned and walked away. It didn't bother her the way that she left but rather that she had to walk away. It was hard to turn away from something that you had been trying to protect all along. "This was the only place I could think to come."

[/html]
[html]

Fatin took a few quick steps, mostly not only to fully catch up to the girl but to overtake her by a bit so that when Fatin leaned over, connecting her head to the shoulder and then neck of the other female, the nuzzle was solid and firm, not the shakey nudge of two beings in motion. "Darling, darling girl..." She cooed, careful, or at least attempting to be, that her words would not be patronizing, just the pure and true emotions that she had for Phasma leaking into her voice. "What can I do for you? You can stay with me, and the family, for as long as you need to." There was no hesitation in her voice, only the smallest amount of anger she could muster. How dare that mutt push Phamsa to leaving. Phamsa, one of the kindest beings in the land that Fatin had ever known, would not just waltz away unprovoked. Fatin knew her better than to think that.
[/html]
[html]

indentHer steps had slowed drastically once Fatin had appeared and by the time she was next to her, nuzzling her, Phasma had stopped. For a moment her eyes closed, though very briefly, and she almost felt she might burst into tears right then and there. As, no longer always, but most of the time, Phasma kept her calm and refrained from doing so, only pulling her head back to look at Fatin when she spoke once more. "That would be nice." She said quietly, without a bit of hesitation in her voice. What needed to be thought about? Jaded Shadows really did seem like the only place for her. She had family here. "He accused me of running about to all the leaders and claiming him a bad Alpha." She shook her head a moment, sighing once more. "He didn't like the fact that I went to Inferni to get their version of things when I'm 'only the Gamma'."

[/html]
[html]

Fatin took a few moments, collecting both her calm and her words at the thought. With a sigh, she shook her head at the ebony female. "I have always been the lowest leader of Jaded Shadows. I would have done the same, to save Mordulin the trouble of doing so." She had liked to take care of minor, small tasks for Mordulin. It had felt good to be of use, and not need to be asked to do it. Giving her mother a moment of rest, a moment to spend with her family or to just do as she pleased was a treat. So why had he been upset? Fatin did not understand Phoenix, the more she heard about him.

"You can stay with my family, in our densite. It's large, with a couple rooms split off of it....the children mostly sleep in their room, and then Endymion has his room.....I sleep in the main room...but you're welcome to share it with me, or even find your own place in one of the singles quarters." She said softly. She did not need to consult with Tayui on the matter, not about this. While it was important the two leaders share their thoughts and information with one another, on this matter - one directly of her family- Fatin was taking a bold move and doing things on her own. "My dear, I would not put the pressure of leadership on you without your consent. If you so choose, the Beta rank is yours for the taking. Otherwise, you may stay at Altesterin for so long as you'd wish it." She said softly.

With a gentle nudge in the right direction, Fatin began to head towards the dens. She was unaware if Phasma knew much about the heart of Jaded Shadows, but she was soon to discover how much like Syemv they were. They spent most of their time together, lived in a common house, and seemed far more like a family than a pack. "Let's get out of this cold; there are plenty of warm fires inside to occupy us." She said quietly. Though she was bursting with excitement at having Phasma live with them, she was still on edge about the reason Phasma had left Storm. It was, in short, very upsetting.
[/html]
[html]

indentPhasma had always been the one to question whether or not she was fit for leadership. When Akumu had left Syemv she'd been so scared and confused. They'd all seemed fairly happy though, encouraging her and making her want to do right by them. That had been a happy time. Of course, Phasma couldn't have expected them all to stay forever. Like Akumu and her family, many had gone in search of new and different things, perhaps even a safer home. Bleeding Souls was not the safest place to be, she knew that from experience, and she couldn't blame them for wanting to find something more.

indent"I'll stay with you until I get accustom to everything." She said quietly, smiling very faintly at the fact that Fatin, even with children to care for, would offer her a place in her area of the den. It felt good to be shown the kindness that Fatin was showing her, despite the fact that they had rarely been able to visit one another. She felt bad about that now. "Only if you and Tayui feel I'm good enough for your Beta spot." She faintly remembered the alabaster Alpha in the swirl of thoughts in her head, how they had sat and spoken of Syemv and the history behind it. Was she really good enough to be back in Leadership after she'd lost it twice?

indentAt the mention of going inside to warmth, Phasma nodded slowly, following Fatin as she led the way through the lands. "I don't think I've ever had someone disrespect me like that before. Alpha or not, nobody should treat someone in that manner." Her words were quiet, almost as if speaking to herself. "I told him maybe I should be Alpha." Spoken louder and, perhaps, in a somewhat amused tone. She'd been angry then, which didn't happen often, and that had been what came of it. "Would your pack be angry about me in Leadership so suddenly?" She'd been worried about that in Storm also.

[/html]
[html]

Fatin smiled softly. This woman was one of the strongest she knew, how could Phasma not be fit to lead? She had made the choice to combine her pack to see them through winter, she had made the choice to move them and give them a bit more home. She had exiled her son to save her pack, and she had done so much......so much that had gone, apparently, unappreciated. "Of course you are fit for leadership!" Fatin said, almost scoffing at the thought of her not being fit. "And as for the pack..." Gentle eyes trailed over the area and Fatin smiled softly.

"They are your family - our family - and I feel they would want to see you well. Lucifer is well on his way to having is own title I feel...it would be good to have you here, to help teach him as much as I can." Some lessons were better learned from a parent than a random family member.....not that she considered Lucifer the type anymore to ignore a lesson from anyone. "The rank is yours, my dear." She said softly, a smile on her face. As they neared the den, the glow from the fire spilled out onto the snow, and Fatin's paws danced a little in their steps. Entering the main room, Fatin was quick to shift and sit herself near the blazing pit. "We use the torches along the walls to keep the main halls lit, and use the fires in the main room. Since it's made of pure rock, we have little worries about an untamed flame." She said gently. "You're free to explore the area, you'll know my den from the smell alone - and the many warm furs that line it's floors."

All the while, i nthe back of her mind, Fatin was upset and angry. Perhaps it was just the defensive emotions she had regarding Phasma, or maybe it was just an outright anger at the Storm monarchy. "It would have been better for the pack, better for the lands if you had been Alpha. But the matter is out of our hands now. He's an idiot, and no doubt he'll realize his grave error soon enough I feel." She said softly. And even if he didn't, the rest of the lands would no doubt know just what a fool he was.
[/html]
[html]

indentThe times that Phasma spoke ill to or about another were few and far between, the last being Calypso when he was still very young. He'd been naive and Phasma had been broken then, screaming at him in a panicked frenzy. He could have gotten seriously injured by staying with Chael, she'd believed, and she only wanted to make sure he was safe from harm. That had been so long ago that Phasma could have easily forgotten about it, had Calypso not returned a short while ago. Now it seemed that Phoenix was the most recent on her list and, though she wasn't proud of speaking out of anger, she would have to admit that it felt pretty good. Perhaps not good to have said what she had, but good that she finally got something out.

indentWhen Fatin spoke, confirming her new rank, Phasma nodded her head and smiled, accepting the new place within her new family. Whether it had been her first intention to come to Jaded Shadows and live, Phasma wasn't sure, but at the moment it simply felt right. "It will be wonderful being able to be with Lucifer again." Her comment was quiet, the regret for things that she was previously forced to do apparent. Deuce was here even, she'd been one of the first wolves that Phasma had met when she had joined Storm.

indentAs she entered the den behind Fatin she followed suit, taking a moment to shift before she moved farther inside. Seating herself near Fatin, she folded her legs over one another and turned to the older female. "I certainly hope he does, else he starts treating everyone else like that." He'd find himself in a bad spot then, unless the rest of the pack would simply sit around and take the treatment. "I hardly got one word in before he started in on me, accusing me of things and even after all of that he didn't really bother to listen and try to understand."

[/html]