thread title missing
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... ump/12.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

The Master Sergeant hated rain with a pulsing purple passion. Still, duty called. She had risen early that morning, amid raindrops and the gloom of cloud cover. She had loitered in Cottontail Valley during the early hours beneath the cover of trees, hoping for a break in the rain. Unfortunately, it didn't look like that would be happening anytime soon. So, she had set out toward the borders, trekking over the wet terrain and shivering in the early morning rain.

It was getting to be mid-morning now, if the light filtering through the grayscale clouds was an accurate way to tell the time. When Geneva patrolled, she probably took longer than necessary. There were two reasons for this; one, she wanted to be meticulous in her duties and took her position quite seriously, and two, she had no sense of smell at all and scanned the borders with her eyes instead of her nose. This made it completely necessary for her to be on the exact boundary lines of the pack lands, to cover every step of the way so she could be absolutely positive she was being as thorough as possible.

Fortunately, things had been quiet this winter. Some visitors had come and gone, but as far as she knew, there had been no hostility. She was glad that her pack land was peaceful and safe. Especially with the puppies running around, she decided. Haven, Mati, Brooklyn, and Salem were growing like weeds. She felt as though she had only blinked for a second and it seemed they were growing from babies to young adults in no time. She wanted them to have the best childhood possible.

Lack of confrontation was fortunate for another reason. The small-boned wolfess wasn't the best first line of defense for Crimson Dreams. She was swift, level-headed, and analytical. She would be useful in a conflict to report back facts calmly, to find information and strategize. She would defend her pack with her last breath, but she hoped it would never come to that. Lime green eyes scanned the borders as she waited for something to happen. It was so quiet today, aside from the rain.
[/html]
ooc-had this reply saved on my computer for the past few days, didn't get to post it before the ER visit. >.<

Sankor had spotted the outlaw from quite a distance, he'd been off exploring the lands to get clear of the pack just to remember who he was. The women of the pack seemed to be cooing and doting over the new puppies in the pack and atleast one of his sisters was included in the oogling. He shook his head at the thought and the amount of hormones and squeals that he'd been subject too recently. He had just needed some fresh air and a chance to be a male again. Upon seeing the greyscale woman with those stunning lime green eyes he grinned and began his game of stalking the woman along the edhe of the pack borders.

It had been a long time since he'd had to stalk someone but the rain dampened the noise of his paws on the slushy snow and the cover of the trees and bushes along the way were grand as well. He knew he probably would have got his arse in trouble if he was doing this to any other wolf but he figured the Outlaw would have no issues with being followed by the long arm of the law. Grinning as his breath came out in crisp little puffs, his eyes danced happily as he drew closer and closer as he tailed the woman through her own packland.

The mahogany and ebony fellow smiled to himself as he broke free from his hideout and quietly spoke up from behind the greyscaled lady. "I hear these lands hold a outlaw or two that might need wrangled up.." He was just hoping to see what his favorite fugitive was up to.
[html]
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j40/k ... ump/12.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Geneva whipped around at the soft sound of a voice. The reaction was completely instinctual. She recognized the voice in the process of turning, and by the time she faced him, a fond smile had spread her features. Her lime green eyes were filled with warmth and pleasure as she regarded him. "I guess it's a good thing I've never met anyone who could reel me in," she said lightly, mischief in her grin.

When they had first met, Sankor had said that these lands were once his home. It would make sense that he would know them well enough to track her without her knowledge. However, she would have to be more alert on her patrols. Sankor could have easily been another, less appealing visitor. Not having a sense of smell put her at a distinct disadvantage, but that didn't give her any excuse. This was something she would have to work on. But that would come later. For now, she could enjoy Sankor's company again.

She let her lime green eyes wash over him from head to foot. The two toned male looked hale and healthy. And what was more, he looked happy. "What is the long arm of the law up to these days?" she inquired.

[/html]
Sankor merely chuckled at the woman's words when finally he had caught the bandit fair and square. He smirked as he asked, "Has anyone been trying lately?" his flirty words dangerous for one of his stature and her reputation, but what the world didn't know wouldn't hurt them. As long as they kept this undercover no one else would be involved in their little games in the night.

He took the remaining distance between them and made it dissolve quickly as he sought to join her on her rounds of the lands. He knew it would probably be strange enough a member of another pack patroling the lands with the packmate but he ignored that thought and grinned down at the woman. "Care for a stroll, or atleast company on the stroll you've already started?" He knew his charming smile normally could win anyone over but this criminal might provide to be a little more difficult, if only because she knew his secret cover.

When she'd turned to study him and the common question came into play he just stretched out those long limbs and took his time in answering. "Well, it seems the territory has expanded and I've taken up residence inside one of the packlands for cover. Much like you seem to have done my outlaw." He raised a brow at the woman, hinting at her own form of secrecy she'd taken to.
[html]
Geneva smiled, glancing sidelong in his direction as she continued patrolling the border lines of the pack land. "It is a good way to keep cover," the outlaw grinned. "Keeps the authorities guessing, when I hide out in plain sight." She found she felt as much at ease with Sankor now as she had the night they had first met in Ethereal Eclipse.

Perhaps it was the hilarity of their charade, and the light bantering conversation. The thought of her being a hardened criminal was completely ludicrous and laughable. The small boned wolfess couldn't wrangle much more than a fly, and would probably feel completely guilty after doing so. It was strange to think that despite their charade, she could feel completely like herself and comfortable in her own skin when she was alongside the multi-toned wolf.

"Where's headquarters now, chief?" she asked, wondering where the man had made his home. She remembered him saying that the lands around here - perhaps even the lands they were in now - had once been his home. She was glad to hear that he had found another home, and hoped that he would grow to love it too.
[/html]
Their steps fell in tune as the greyscale woman smiled back at him, he had to agree with her that hiding in plain sight within a pack was the perfect idea. He couldn't help but chuckle as he added, "But it works the same way my little outlaw.." he winked at her as his muscled worked at keeping pace beside his arch enemy. "When the law hides in plain sight as well.." His cocky little grin disappeared for a moment as he moved around a small pinetree but soon enough joined back up with his bandit.

He knew that in all reality he knew little of the woman but it was amusing and relaxing to keep up their small banter as he 'assisted' her in walking the line. He let out a small yawn as his dark hued thick pelt fluffed up at the sudden gust of wind that rolled over the lands so close to the lake. He gave a shake as he tried to ward off the chill before wagging his tail and letting his eyes fall back to those lime eyes next to him.

She'd asked him a question and yet he left her wondering for a moment longer as he hummed to himself and flicked his ears back and forth, listening for any of her packmates who might be out in about. Finally the male gave her a light smile as he admitted, "Why Dahlia de Mai is where the sheriff's office now stands.." He raised his head proudly as he stated. "Complete with a jail and everything!" Well, there was a jail in the town there.. not that he'd had to lock anyone up just yet.. but it was an idea.
[html]
She didn't really know the first thing about Sankor, but that didn't matter to her. Her normally burdensome sense of curiosity didn't offer a constant battle over him. Instead, she was content to watch the mystery around him unfold, bit by bit, as if it was a gift. And maybe that was exactly what it was. A gift.

Sankor's companionship, and what was becoming his friendship, was a gift to Geneva. She certainly had those she cared about in Crimson Dreams. She had built strong ties with Savina and Anu. She loved each and every one of Naniko and Anu's brood, excitement blossoming in her every day as she watched them grow and discover new things about themselves. The ties she had here warmed her heart, but these ties were borne out of necessity, shared responsibility, and duty. Sankor was the first to extend his hand in friendship simply knowing who she was.

"A jail, you say?" she said lightly, taking care to step over the twisting root of a tree that was trying to escape the ground. "It is quite a pity that it will stand perpetually empty." The playful words were rife with mischief as she winked at the dual colored male.
[/html]
The laid back male didn't care who she was or where she was actually from, he just liked the fact that she didn't care how goofy and strange he was, and the fact that she played along made it that more more enjoyable. The rich reddish brown pelt of the male moved with ease and grace as his paws found the same path that she plowed along. He almost hadn't seen the root that she'd gracefully moved over but he recovered in time, thankfully.

Flicking his eyes to the woman as she asked about the jail he grinned and shook his head. "It won't stay empty forever I would bet..." he said as he raised a brow at his friend with a smirk. His tail wagged back and forth as he teased the lady. "I could always make it nice and comfortable incase we get a famous outlaw or desperado.." He winked back at the woman as he nudged her lightly against the shoulder.

"So, what's been going on in Crimson Dreams.." he asked, wondering what kind of trouble the greyscaled woman had been up to recently. In his attention he was granting to the woman he forgot to watch out for dangers about their area as suddenly his paw slipped into a rabbit burrow and his maw suddenly met the ground before he could even realize what had happened.
[html]
She smiled as he nudged her shoulder, holding back a laugh when he winked at her. If he tried, she was certain that Sankor could be a rake. She could see his charm, and his appeal. He probably attracted many creatures to him, just with the strength of his personality and the charm of his smile. "Somehow I don't think it would be too comfortable," she said lightly.

By this time, the duo had reached the end of Geneva's route of patrol. She stopped walking, putting her front legs forward and bending her back in and neck up as she stretched, rolling her shoulders. She had spent a good amount of time, walking and patrolling. Now the cold didn't bother her so much, with the blood circulating well in her veins. She shook herself slightly, her eyes turning back to the dual colored wolf.

In the space of the time it had taken her to pause, it seemed as though Sankor had engaged in another bout of misfiring acrobatics. Her eyes wide, she watched helplessly as the male caught his foot in a burrow and the ground rushed up to meet his maw. She closed the distance between them, bending her head down to his face. As soon as she ascertained that he wasn't badly injured, she said, "I do believe this is becoming a habit."
[/html]
The male sure was a jester, his smile contagious as his greyscaled friend seemed to roll along with the silly game. Warm brown orbs twinkled as he chuckled at her reply and gave a sad little whine while asking in disbelief. "You don't think I'd want to make my favorite outlaw comfortable?" He shook his head in amazement at the woman as he scuffed. "I do believe I've been insulted here!" he said as he stuck his nose up in the air briefly before trying to sneak another glance at Geneva.

He watched her as she had slowed down in her pace and begun to stretch out her limbs. He grinned and was reminded of a cat but those thoughts soon vanished from his head as his maw was soon planted in the snow and he was blinking to himself as he tried to pull himself out the burrow and figure out where everything had gone wrong. Splayed out on the ground he grinned up at his Outlaw as she so calmly stated the obvious.

"I might be.. but I think I actually may have hurt something.." he said with a slight whimper as his eyes glittered with mischief. "Doc, can you save me?" he said as he rolled over onto his back in the snow and mimicked the age old 'dead dog' trick.
[html]
Geneva grinned as the dual colored jester harped on his "injury." She schooled her features to show concern, eyebrows drawn together and ears flicked back. She whined low too, circling around him once as he laid on the ground. When he turned over on to his back, it was almost the undoing of her act. She had to bite her lip to keep from laughing. She finished her circle, closing the distance once more so that she was standing at his hind legs.

The grey wolfess raised a critical eyebrow. "I don't know Sankor, it looks pretty serious," she said gravely. And a sudden mischief lit her eyes. She moved forward until she was standing over his inert form. "This might take some investigation," she said with a grin. Then she lowered her maw to his stomach and gave him a short nip, with the intention of tickling the male. "Can you feel this, or this?" She nipped him again, playfully, her tail wagging.
[/html]
Sankor hammed up the act as much as he could, it was hard enough to keep serious but when Geneva began her circling and acts of concern he have even more drama to the show as he moaned on, "I might not even be able to make it home.." he whined as he gave a overwhelming sigh and looked gravely to the wounded leg that was dangling above him. "Whatever will my deputy think if I don't returnnnn.. He waved the paw slightly and gave a grimace as he could feel the laughter attempting to rumble in his chest.

When the form of the greyscale woman peered down at him and spoke up he turned those warm chocolate eyes to her as he realized that dangerous look in her eyes perhaps a little too late. Suddenly he was ambushed by the outlaw as he let out a snort of laughter and gasped. "Hey! No! Not fair!" he whined as he tried to roll back onto his feet, but was held off by the nips as he laughed and batted at her with his forepaws. "Trickery! No good outlaws always up to something!" he sputtered as his own tail thumped against the ground, clearly showing that the battle was all in good humor atleast.