Just waiting for the ice to melt
[html]

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/v ... erhaps.jpg); background-position:top; background-repeat: no-repeat;border:1px solid black;">

ooc: Open to anyone! C:

I've got soul but I'm not a soldier

Slay smiled contentedly, settling his large body into the snow to relax. He could see his breath frosting before him, but it was warmer than it had been the past few days, which pleased him. All in all, though, he had been in such a good mood the past few days - he had even been willing to sleep inside of a human dwelling, something his claustrophobic self had shied against since he had arrived here. He wondered whether Cercelee had purposely chosen a building with extra-tall ceilings and multiple windows, or if the spacious church had merely been coincidental. He would have to ask her later. She had left to take care of something this morning, so he idled near their home, awaiting her return.

Yes, life was good. Slay had finally taken a mate. His pale blue gaze swept over the snowy vineyard near his new home, idly letting his mind wander to the future. When spring melted all of the plants free, the overgrown expanse of vines would be quite picturesque. He could watch the sun set below the horizon, streaking the darkening sky with all of its vibrant colours, and he could take her for a walk as the stars lit their path... Slay often hid it beneath his teasing, flirtatious outer shell, but he was quite the romantic at heart, and was still high on the newness of the relationship he had begun.

Dahlia was, in fact, blossoming with several romances at the moment - there was his with the Rosea, of course; then he had heard the news of Firefly's sons being born, starting her new family with Haku; then there were the rumours of Mew and Lubomir choosing to live together already. He didn't know much about the Koios siblings, or what Ril'o or Cwmfen had been up to lately, nor had he met the newcomers Coli and Kol, but the peaceful atmosphere suited him well. The big male crossed his paws before him, yawning luxuriantly in the frozen wonderland.

Settling his chin atop his snowy paws, the arctic wolf began to hum to the tune of an old lullaby he'd heard once. "...Blacks and bays, dapples and greys... la-de-dum... pretty little horses..."

[/html]
OOC: Hope you don't mind lil' ol' me! <3

[html]
She felt immensely better than she had the previous couple of days. Being back home had somewhat rejuvinated the girl's spirit, as had the warm welcome from the friend she'd missed the most. It still made her head spin to think of all that she'd missed in the four months or so she'd been fighting her family's war back in Solbjorg Valley, but at least she was around to have missed anything. There had been quite a few close calls for her recently, and Dahlia de Mai offered the Stormbringer a sense of stability she hadn't found anywhere else. Of course that in itself was ironic, for Kol's departure had come just at the resolving of a war in these packlands as well. Perhaps it was a different sort of energy about the territory, but Dahlia had always felt more like home to Kol than the lands in which she'd grown up had.

Today found the night-kissed female wandering the packlands. At least not much had changed in the lay of the land, although there were several scents she found she didn't recognize. New members, more than likely. Much as she'd love it to, time simply didn't stand still when a crisis ripped through someone's life. In her meandering, Kol found herself in the shadow of a large church, the lands surrounding it full of the scent of her Rosea. A soft smile lit the girl's face as she realized Cercelee must make her home here now, and she stepped a bit closer. It wasn't until the soft sound of someone singing to himself drifted through the air that she realized she wasn't alone. Turning her attention in the direction of the sound, the female caught sight of a large strangely colored male seemingly lost in his pleasant thoughts. "I'm sorry if I'm disturbing you. What was that you were singing just now?" She smiled softly as she approached, her body language relaxed and friendly.
[/html]
[html]

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/v ... erhaps.jpg); background-position:top; background-repeat: no-repeat;border:1px solid black;">

ooc: Certainly not - nice to meetcha! ^_^

The piebald wolf smiled roguishly as he turned to greet the stranger. At first her dark charcoal fur made him think of Hanna, the herbalist - but no, this lady was much younger. Someone new, then. His pale blue eyes swept lazily across her appearance - some scars, he noticed, and startlingly violet eyes - and then he rose to his paws with a grunt, showering the ground with snow.

"...Twas merely a lullaby, my dear," he drawled in a friendly manner, pausing only to remember that he had promised Cercelee not to flirt with the lovely ladies of their pack. He never meant anything by the flowery praises and nicknames he invented for his comrades, but it often kept him in good graces with the capricious women. It would be harder to make friends with honest words, but he would have to do his best. It would not do for his delicate dove to return home and catch him complimenting another...

"And you're not disturbing me at all. I live right there, in the church - I simply decided to soak up some sun, while it was out." His whiskery grin widened as he padded closer to her, to inspect her scent. She had been accepted at the borders - a new packmate, then. Slay had been missing during the war with Inferni, and had therefore missed the coming and going of several members, including Ember Sadira and Kol herself. To him, she was a fresh new face.

She didn't perturbed at all by his ebony-daubed coat, which emboldened the big male. "M'name's Slay, the Head Hunter of Dahlia! Tis a pleasure to meet you."

[/html]
OOC: <3

[html]

Kol was quite happy that both new faces she'd met since her return to Dahlia were warm and friendly. She was still adjusting to being back, and each new day and each warm welcome settled her just that much more. The Stormbringer had loved her pack and home dearly, and time and again that feeling grew to be more firmly cemented in her heart this second time around. "I thought it had the feel of a lullaby. My grandfather used to sing them to me on occasion. I wish I knew what it is about lullabies are just so comforting."

The girl smiled warmly at the male as he introduced himself. His name seemed harsh and violent for the gentlemanly and pleasant face it accompanied. "Well it's very nice to meet you Slay." As she continued, the Bluet dipped her head in acknowledgement and greeting. "My name is Kol Stormbringer, and I have no idea what co-rank I'd like to pursue." During the war, the shewolf had considered achieving the co-rank and duty of scout. Perhaps, if it were still available, she could try again.

As the male's words rolled through her head, she suddenly realize he'd mentioned living in the church. The strongest scent around the building was Cercelee's, however. Rather than spin the possible meaning of that around and around in her head, Kol resorted to doing the intelligent thing: asking. "You said you live here, in the church? Does that mean you live with Cercelee?" The girl had a sneaking suspicion she had a lot to catch up on since she'd been gone.

Table by Tay

[/html]
[html]

ooc: C:

"'Stormbringer' sounds mighty fierce for a friendly lass such as yourself," Slay commented harmlessly. Then again, she was decorated with more scars than he was. Who was he to judge?

"Thinking of a co-rank already, well, that's quite ambitious. Where do your talents lie? If you remember a good handful of those lullabies you spoke of, you could join our friend Mew Sadira as a Musician, and soothe us all to sleep at night." He gave a wide yawn for effect, licking his lips when he had completed. Kol would soon learn that the big arctic wolf with the ebony markings was almost always tired, or joking about naps. He never revealed his surname for personal reasons, but 'Dreamer' did seem more apt than a warrior's name like 'Slay'.

"Does that mean you live with Cercelee?"
Slay couldn't keep the broad smile from his lips as he drew back proudly, pale eyes shining. It was the first time he got to explain to someone that he had a lover... That somebody loved him, enough to put up with his drowsy laziness and devil-may-care attitude. "Why, Kol, I happen to be her mate..." He winked, ready to burst at the seams from pride.

[/html]
OOC: <3333333

[html]
Kol could only smile when the male mentioned the oddness of her family name. Oh if only he knew their story, of the darkness that lurked in her bloodline, a darkness that every member of the line fought to control and overcome. Her day would come to face that inner demon, she knew, but for now it lay dormant far beneath her surface. "The tempest seems to follow those in my family wherever they go, and I doubt I'm any different." Her gentle smile coated her words in humor, though she'd meant every one of them.

The dark girl relaxed and stretched a bit as her companion remarked about her desire for a co-rank. "Well the truth is that I'd been thinking about it months ago, back when I was here the first time around. I did a lot of scouting runs during the Dahlia/Inferni war, and I found I'm fairly good at it. Of course, shortly after, I had to leave for awhile thanks to an emergency back home. I came back to Dahlia de Mai as soon as I could." No sense going into the details unless someone asked about them. It was a long story and not many really cared much, truth be told.

Kol's jaw nearly hit the ground with the male's answer for her question of his residence. Mate?! Damn, she really had missed a lot in her absence. Alexey becoming a Luperci, Firefly and Haku having a litter, Cercelee taking a mate...what the heck else had she missed out on? "Congratulations then! I hope you're taking real good care of her. I'd hate to have to get into any scraps so soon after my homecoming." A soft chuckle and sly wink assured the male that she was just teasing. Cer had a good enough head on her shoulders to know what she was getting into, and to know when to speak up and get out if things deteriorated at all.
[/html]
[html]

ooc: xD

It was nice to have a pleasant lighthearted conversation... The last he could remember was his bubbly chat with Mew at the pier, and that had been before the first snow. Since then it had been a whirlwind of hunting, pack duties, and moving in with Cer. That last part had been ever-so-pleasant, but otherwise he relished the quick break. That was one downside to being the alpha's mate - he could no longer get away with slacking off! She could catch him every time... Kol seemed like a nice girl, though, and Slay was happy to see that more than half of their pack were cheerful, well-balanced wolves. After all, not everyone had to be out of their mind, or caustic to everything that moved...

"...Well, every family has their dark side. Here's hoping you're ahead of yours." Slay gave a little nod, affirming his statement. His tribe had no tempest to speak of, but he could never escape the sleeping sickness he had inherited from their generations of inbreeding. He wasn't as self-conscious as he used to be, but still, he had managed to hide it from most of the newer packmates. Whatever - everyone had their own things they had to deal with. Slay was never the prying sort.

As the Stormbringer explained her role in the war, Slay watched curiously. She was braver than he, or at least more loyal to pack life. He had gone AWOL after the first attack, unwilling to fight without good reason. Cercelee had gotten hurt by a coyote during his absence, and since her homecoming, he had kept close by her side. If he found out which Inferni member had mauled her, well, that would be a fight worth taking. Politics, though? No motivation whatsoever. "A scout, you say? That would get you in with Haku and Firefly, who are a bit... persnickety, shall we say? Maybe a tough gal like you could train with Cwmfen, and be a warrior..." Whether or not she heeded his advice, Slay was happy to try and help.

The arctic wolf bridled with pleasure as Kol congratulated him, smiling broadly at her mock threat. "Ah, there'll be no scrapping here, unless you have some claim to her heart as well. I warn you, though, I'm a bit bigger than you!" He tried to imagine the two females, black and white, bedding together - the thought made him snort with laughter.

[/html]
[html]

Out of Character

My apologies for the wait love!

In Character

Kol couldn't help the mischievous glint that sparkled in her eye at the male's teasing. "Well I can't say I have a claim to her...yet." She grinned as she stressed the last word. "And you may be bigger than me, but I'm faster and more attractive. There's no possible way you could win!" A wink and a chuckle accompanied the jest, and she stretched out her languid body, the shining sun warming her obsidian pelt.

Her joking over, Kol decided to address the male's thoughts on the previous subject. "I've worked under Haku before as a scout in the war, and I've found that it's a function I've got some talent in. It's also something, strangely enough, that I enjoy doing. Besides, being around those two doesn't bother me in the slightest. You could say I understand them, in a way." She smiled softly, remembering briefly the meaningful conversation she'd had with the chocolate male upon her return. Her thoughts returning to the present, she realized the male had mentioned a name she was unfamiliar with. "Cwmfen? Who's that?" Kol blinked a bit in surprise. The name was foreign, though it had a somewhat familiar tone and lilt to it.

Table by Fishie!

[/html]
[html]

ooc: And my apologies as well! ^^;

Slay roared in laughter, highly amused by Kol's teasing jests. The big male got a kick out of those with a sense of humor, since it was a commodity often lost over time. He hoped the Stormbringer was one of those that chose to stay in Dahlia, as he had done. Not everyone found it suitable, such as Ember Sadira, Flayra Zazkez, or his friend Susquehanna, but the wolves who made their homes here were the ones he grew to care about most. "Ho ho, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, my girl. Perhaps Cercelee likes 'em big. A skinny little stick like you wouldn't stand a chance!" He flexed the muscles in his broad chest, smirking. Oh, his mate would have something to say about that! His mind wandered to imagine her, navy-blue eyes narrowed in mock anger, coming up with some snappy retort to put both he and Kol in their places. Even when they were apart, he felt as though she was still with him in some way, directing his moves and commenting at the silly things he did. It was comforting, really, to know that she was in his head, although perhaps unmated wolves wouldn't understand.

"You get along with Haku and Firefly? Really?" Slay raised his eyebrows in surprise. He had grown accustomed to the rift in their pack - the wolves who got along with him usually didn't get along with the "other side", and vice versa. "I can't say the same, although I must congratulate you on getting them to trust you. Firefly has no respect for me because of my sleeping disorder, and Haku just rubs me the wrong way. I try to steer clear of the lot of them." Although he had helped to save Firefly's life during the bear attack... Hanna had done all the fighting, but Slay had dragged Firefly and Svara both to the dusty clinic where they could receive medical attention. The fiery golden wolf had a few choice words for him, and even threatened to "make his life miserable" should he tell anyone he pulled her on a sled from the battle scene. He decided to humor her wishes and not mention it to Kol, although the story was an amusing one. "Cwmfen nic Graine, though, she's a cool lady. You'd know if you saw her - she's pitch black with these eery blue marks all over her fur, and her eyes are bone-white. She's Dahlia's Head Warrior; athletic as all get-out, and super loyal to the pack itself. She can be kinda shy, but that's because she has tribal beliefs that most of us don't follow. She's a good friend to have, though, if she'll trust you." Slay spoke fondly of her, although he knew their relationship was a friendship at best. Cercelee had been very jealous when she found out the two had spent time in private, although it wasn't what she thought it was... and they hadn't really spoken since. Cer had forgiven him when she accepted his proposal, and that had been the end of that. Privately he hoped that the Caledonian warrior found a mate of her own, to find happiness.

"Wait up a moment, violet-eyes," he drawled, recognition dawning on him. Kol had served in the war under Haku... That had been when he was off on his own, feeling sorry for himself - but they had met before, and his treacherous memory hadn't realized it until this moment. "I do know you, Kol - you were there when Cercelee came home! You, Savina, and Alexey! Goodness, I must be getting old if I already forgot all the lovely new faces. Granted, I was more than a little stressed at the time, but that's no excuse. My apologies!" He offered her an elegant bow, lowering his ebony-marked muzzle to brush the ground.

[/html]
[html]

Out of Character

Whatcha say we wrap this up soon love? I kinda forgot about it and let it fall behind. *FAIL*

In Character

Kol couldn't help but laugh genuinely as the male humoured her comments. His personality was wonderfully light and genial, and she thought he was definitely a good match for their sometimes-too-serious-and-stressed Rosea. "Alright alright I yield! My stickly frame and cunning intellect are still no match for your generous size and boundless wit." Smiling in amusement, she dipped her head in mock submission to his playful victory.

As the male went on, his words now passing on Firefly and Haku, the Stormbringer took a moment to stretch languidly and shake the day's dust from her sleek black fur. She wasn't surprised at Slay's confession about not getting along with the Scouts, as it took a rare person to understand someone like Haku or Firefly. Neither one was a saint, and both were very good at making enemies. "Firefly and Haku both remind me very much of many members of my own family. I've had plenty of experience in dealing with wolves like them, though perhaps not quite to their extremes. My grandfather was actually a lot like Haku in his younger years. There may even be a select few old wolves from the former Souls lands who know of him and his sister. I think that steering clear of them is probably the best thing to do when butt heads with their type." She winked as she finished her comment, knowing all too well what can happen when someone got on the bad side of wolves like those two.

The girl listened intently as her new friend described the woman he'd mentioned earlier. Kol was admittedly fascinated by what Slay told her of Cwmfen, and she made a mental note to get to know the woman at some point in the near future. She had yet to run into the warrior anywhere in the packlands, but then again the Stormbringer had only been back for a scant few days, most of which were spent getting her house and landscape back in order. It still irritated the girl that she couldn't find the sketchbook she'd left behind in her mad dash through the night, but wherever it was she hoped someone could make good use of it, at least. Her current hobby of jewelcrafting gave her more pleasure, but that wasn't the point. She was more annoyed that someone had taken the book rather than angry at the loss of the book itself.

Kol blinked her amethyst eyes at the strongly marked male as recognition suddenly seemed to fill his blue eyes. As he mentioned the day Cercelee returned to Dahlia from her recovery in Twilight Vale, Kol had a moment of recognition herself. He was right, he'd been there as well. It was the last time the girl had seen her packmates before Skripi had come to fetch her for the Dawnrunner conflict. A warm smile graced the girl's face as she returned his apologetic bow with a nod. "No apology necessary Slay. It seems like that day was a lifetime ago, doesn't it?" It did to Kol, at least.

Table by Fishie!

[/html]
[html]

ooc: Okies! =D Don't worry, I was going to suggest that anyway. My last post, then.

Slay let his self-satisfied smirk ease onto his muzzle, nodding with approval at Kol's playful submission. Yes, he was the king. Bow to his majesty. He let his thick tail curl appreciatively about his hindquarters, adopting a regal pose. Playing pretend, well, that was his favourite game.

"And steer clear I do," Slay reiterated shamelessly. "I've got no qualms with Mew - she's a friend of mine - but her brother, he's just... I don't know. If you can understand him, more power to you! Firefly has an excuse to be catty, spending her time with that guy." The hunter chuckled, shaking his head with amusement. He meant no disrespect, since they were both above him in rank. He knew he wasn't the only gossip in the pack, though, so it didn't concern him that his words might be repeated. With his strangely-coloured fur and his sleeping habits, he had the suspicion that he was gossiped about just as much.

"...A lifetime indeed," Slay murmured somberly. Things had taken a slow turn for the better since that day, Cercelee's return. He still came up short sometimes, but he wouldn't let her get hurt again. Not like that, so bad that she didn't want to come home for weeks... He had vowed to be there for her, to try harder. For the most part he succeeded, since she was his now... and no one else could come close. Protective and possessive were qualities he tried to hide, but there was no denying them, once anyone was let past his defenses. Slay gave a lopsided smile, glancing apologetically towards the Stormbringer. It had been a nice way to pass the time, sharing in her company. Hopefully her warrior-like prowess would not be required any time soon. "Thanks for droppin' by, m'dear, but I'm afraid I'd best be heading inside now. Don't want the missus thinking you're after her man," he added with a wink, rising fluidly to his paws. "Feel free to stop by anytime, though. T'was pleasant meeting you again, violet-eyes!"

[/html]
[html]

Out of Character

And my last as well! <333333 I love Slay. XD

In Character

The black girl smiled warmly as her new friend wistfully agreed with her. So much had happened since Cer's return and Kol's departure, and the Stormbringer was gladdened beyond belief that most of the changes had been good. As the male stated his necessary departure from their pleasant company, the ebony Dahlian dipped her head in a soft goodbye. "Can't have Cercelee chasing me off so soon after I've come back! Take good care of her Slay, and I must say the pleasure hasn't been all yours. I've enjoyed your company very much, and you can be sure I'll come by to visit again. See you around handsome!"

She grinned mischievously as she turned on her heels, setting her small paws back in the direction of her little house by the graveyard. Her heart was overjoyed for the white Rosea; she'd snagged a very good fish amongst all the driftwood of the sea.

Table by Fishie!

[/html]