Strangers now and strangers then
[html]

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/v ... ablebg.jpg);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:top;">
Mew Sadira
Rambling, it happens when people give me sugar >>
Word count: 452

Two legs moving rapidly, Mew was in deep thought. Troubling thoughts. What was it with Dahlia, and the people she cared about, and their split minds? Haku was a monster, but most of the time he was not. He seemed to be calm for the most part these days, perhaps he was preoccupied with swallowing the fact that he had a dozen if not more children spread around the whole countryside with their different mothers. And then there was herself, sometimes struggling not to give in to the urge to stride over to Inferni and end their pitiful lives. They owed her that much, to die. Or at least she thought they did. No one would ever agree with her, but that would not matter to her. Things like that had never mattered anyways. Lastly there was Lubomir. Beautiful, sad Lubomir, who thought about as highly of himself as a worm. She would never understand why he loathed himself so, but she was glad that he was here. And she was glad that he wished to be with her. But he - too - had another personality in his head. One that was, perhaps, as harmful as her brother's and her own. Could they be trusted? Would perhaps Dahlia be safer without them around? Then her mind swirled by the image of Firefly, knowing that she was wrong. Perhaps, if the pack was only Slay and Cer, it would be a good place. The rest of them were tainted in some way, or would be in time. It was saddening, but true. She did not know much about the fresh members, but it hadn't taken long before Mew herself, the queen of morality and purity, was ruined, tainted, and reduced to a bloodthirsty beast.

The thoughts had been spinning ever since Lubomir and herself had confronted what was causing their awkwardness. And she wished so much they would let her go, because now that she had found what she needed, what she had been looking for, she wanted to enjoy it. But a dark premonition grew in her, and filled her with images she didn't want to see, and a rage she didn't know how to control. It scared her, thus she kept to herself, not having met Lubomir since that meeting. What was she to do if everything fell apart? Her body moved rigidly, swiftly, as if she had a purpose and a goal, but in fact she had none. The vividly colored eyes set in that white face stared at the ground, hazy and darkened by the contents of her head. She heard nothing, saw nothing. There was nothing but her thoughts and the beasts within the people she loved.

[/html]
[html]

Out of Character

I dunno if Mew remembers Kol, but Kol remembers Mew. XD She only met her briefly I think, and only during the DDM/Inferni battles and such. Oh yeah, and Cer's homecoming. And I'm assuming it's ok for it to be night? ^^

Word Count: 429

In Character

It was a rare night indeed. Darkness crept across the lands of Dahlia despite the lack of clouds in the sky, for the moon was hidden by the shadow of the earth tonight. Of course, in Stormbringer Lor, this meant that the Packmother had devoured the moon, and would slowly release the disc from her powerful jaws over the next cycle. It was how it had always been, since time unremembered. It was on this night of each cycle that the Stormbringers felt the most alive. Most would argue that energy came from the moonlight, and they would be right for the most part. But Kol's family found excitement and power in the shadows, and a moonless night let shadows roam free.

The young girl had chosen to stay in her optime form for the time being, another rare occurance. Kol normally preferred her smaller, sleeker wolf form to the powerful battle stance, but she'd needed the dexterity of her optime hands earlier in the evening. Growing up amongst her clan, shifting and movement in each form were second nature to the girl, and a fleeting thought passed as to how difficult her friend Alexey must be finding the adjustment, now that she too was a Luperci. Kol had seen newly changed wolves struggle with balance and poise in their hulking bipedal bodies, and she always felt relieved she'd never truly had that awkward learning stage.

Despite her size, the Bluet moved quietly and swiftly through the wood as she made her way toward the Harbor. There was no reason for her destination, other than a desire to sit by the waterside and relax through the night. Just in case, she carried on her back her leather satchel, carrying no longer her old sketchbook but various stones, beads, feathers, and other jewelry items she'd found in her wanderings during the day. It had been months since the girl had set her fingers to anything other than destruction, and the desire to create was slowly returning now that she was back home. Plans and ideas raced through Kol's head as she walked, and she nearly collided head-first with a white ghost that for all intents and purposes had suddenly appeared out of nowhere. The Stormbringer sidestepped at the last possible second, spinning and grasping at a tree to keep herself standing. "Crap I'm sorry! I didn't see you!" Of course the irony of not seeing a huge stark white werewolf in the middle of a pitch black night failed to sink in until her words were out of her mouth.

Table by Fishie!

[/html]
[html]

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c13/v ... ablebg.jpg);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:top;">
Mew Sadira
Crap post by me :/ Night-time is fine! Big Grin And yeah they haven't officially met ever, I was slacking at the time Tongue
Word count: 404

A flurry of black interrupted her thoughts as it was at one moment right in front of her, and the next beside her, uttering sounds of surprise. Quickly spinning around, Mew rearranged her attention to the present instead of the world of thought, and noticed a femme in front of her, strange dark fur with feathers attached to it, with eyes of a colour she had not seen on anyone else. She was familiar, had been in Dahlia de Mai sometime during the war, although she hadn't been here for months. Now, it seemed, obviously, she was back, and Mew had nearly walked straight into her with all of her anger, like a steamroller would waltz over anything in its way. Embarrassed, and still moving, Mew took several steps to secure her balance as she looked at the femme, heard her words and saw how she clung to a tree for her own balance, all at once. A sound of her own surprise joined the choir, although hers was wordless, high pitched, though not a scream, more like a yelp. The blackness of her furs had mixed with the color of the night, perfectly, although Mew - with her keen eyes - should easily have seen her legs and body against the snow that covered the ground, night or not. Embarrassed, the woman fought a blush and as soon as she found her balance gathered herself, nodding her head and looking at the ground for a second, as if to offer an apology. It wasn't often she did, although this time she had been the cause of a near-crash, which simpyl shouldn't happen. I'm sorry! I was in my own thoughts! As soon as the nod, which was more of a mix between a head-bow and a nod, really, was over, Mew looked up again with her green eyes, searching for a focus point in all the purple. They were strange and dark, an like Cwmfen's a little hard to figure out. Cwmfen had the problem of to much light color, whilst this femme had too much dark for Mew to get it down exactly right. Aiming at somewhere in those spheres that she thought was right, she let her vividly green eyes rest there, waiting for the other to say something. Without knowing it, her hand was at her chest, and her breathing was slightly faster than usual, still agitated by the near-crash.

[/html]
[html]

Out of Character

Sorry for the wait hon!

In Character

Kol couldn't help but start to chuckle as the opposite females both fought to slow their racing hearts. Mew's emerald eyes caught her own of violet, and the young girl realized that the two truly were completely opposites. Black and white were polar twins, while green was the proper inverse of purple. She had a fleeting thought wondering if their personalities would reflect the same differences. "Seems we were both a bit lost then. You alright though? Other than suffering a near heart attack, anyway." The ebony girl smiled good-naturedly, still catching her breath.

In the next few moments, the appearance of the woman in front of her finally sank in. White fur, green eyes...so far as Kol knew, there'd been only one Dahlia member who fit that description when she'd first come here. Mew Sadira was the sister of their Lilium, and though unintentional, she'd been much the root cause of the entire war with Inferni. Well, then again it wasn't fair to phrase it quite that way. It had been the wrongs done to Mew that had triggered the hatred from Dahlia. "It's Mew, right? Mew Sadira? I don't know if you'd remember me, but my name's Kol. We fought in the Inferni war together. It's a pleasure to actually meet you properly, despite the mutual heart attacks." Her cheery smile brightened the girl's ebony visage, hoping to lighten the mood a bit.

Table by Fishie!

[/html]
[html]

Mew Sadira
Word count: 468

A chuckle escaped the darker of the two, and Mew felt her throat respond in a similar way as soon as her ears heard the sound. It was a nervous laugh - socially used to create security when one felt insecure, and Mew felt it as a relief washing over her as she was struggling to stop her heart from bouncing out of her chest. Glad to see the female handling it well, and not in a fit of anger at Mew's dimwitted action, her breathing quickly calmed, although the slight nervousness that sometimes lingers after getting startled greatly still shook her bones to some extent. Oh, I'm good - thank you! I'm really sorry, wasn't watching my step at all... Are you ok, too? Exchanges of polite gestures and sentences normally was a nuisance to the femme, although right now it made her feel a lot better, as if having some sort of ritual-like process to go through put her at ease.

As she looked at the dark girl whose face seemed to reflect thoughts for a second before returning to the social situation they were in, and then she spoke again. Mew listened to her words, and whilst she was still startled at everything - after all only seconds had passed - she had stilled the quickening of her breathing, and her legs did not shake anymore. The hand that touched her chest stayed there, however; it felt more natural and it displayed her feelings better than she could with words - and better than she knew. She did not place it there on purpose - her body did it by itself, but it served as a sort of protection, and signal of her tenseness. The smile that erupted and split the dark one's face in two, separated by white teeth, continued to ease her, and soon she would be fully relaxed, probably. The subject put forward by her wasn't exactly a preferable one to Mew, but she would let it pass; any conversation was good conversation right now, and she could probably just move the subject elsewhere anyways. Nodding as she listened to the femme, she saw her turn to reply, and did so - smiling. Mew, aye, that's me. I saw you there, never caught your name though, before you were gone again. And I think this heart attack will ease up soon enough! Mew chuckled again, contributing to the conversation's flow. Peculiar behavior from the femme, who previously had been such an ill-tempered loner, although Lubomir - apparently - did these kinds of things with her moods. A strange man with an even stranger effect on her person, although she let him go on - unable to resist anything he did. Thus this strange smile lingered on her face, and it was genuine.

[/html]
[html]

Out of Character

I have a very bad habit of forgetting about threads. x.x

Word Count: 318

In Character

As her new friend affirmed Kol's thoughts on her identity, the Stormbringer found herself finally stable enough to let go of her hold on the birch tree. She kept her smile, sighing as she caught the last of her breath, her heartbeat no longer pounding against her ribcage. "Yeah, I sort of left like a thief in the night after the war. Ironically enough, it was only to go fight in another war, one back in my homelands. I can say I'm definitely ready for a bit of peace and relaxation for awhile." Though she made light of it, the violence of the past year of the girl's life had taken it's toll. The Dahlian used to be a young thing with her head in the clouds, but the reality of war had made her come crashing down, the death of her brother Skripi becoming the chains to bind her to the ground for good. She was done with silly dreams of adventure and glory; the truth of war was far more horrifying and ugly.

Upon taking a moment to look over Haku's sister, Kol couldn't help but notice a slight difference in her. She hadn't known the female well before she'd gone on hiatus, but to her knowledge Mew had always seemed withdrawn, separate from the entirety of the pack and sort of in her own little world. Kol had wondered what had led the white woman to be that way, but the current Mew seemed a bit different. It was nothing the dark girl could put her finger on, but something about the Sadira's aura had started to change. She seemed a bit more..."at ease" was probably the best way to describe it. Things really had changed while Kol had been away, and she was curious to know what could begin to bring Mew out of the shell the Stormbringer had always pictured her in.

Table by Fishie!

[/html]
[html]

Mew Sadira
Heheheh, don't worry about it!

Mew shook her head gravely as she listened to Kol's words, although she could not help but feel a little longing towards the war. Well, not longing, perhaps, but she had felt good. She knew it was selfish, and others had suffered, but it didn't matter much - her rage had had freedom. And when it had, it hadn't existed as much. Now..despite the presence of Lubomir and everything, it was still there, eating at her edges, flashing her images of Asphyxia's face. Social convention craved some form of agreement out of her, however, and of course it was easy for her to agree on the face that war was bad. She wouldn't lie, as that was her opinion. The Dahlian War was just slightly off the table, for her. Must've been nice to come home to fight.. Mew's voice wasclearly ironic. At least there's peace and relaxation all over the place now, when spring is setting in as well. The weather was slowly getting milder, and Mew felt it easily lift her spirits. Coupled with Lubomir chasing her tail every day.. well, could she get any happier? She felt truly loved, as if the whole universe had tuned in everything perfectly for her, and it was all that silly male's fault. Mew smiled at the thought, and it fit in quite well with the conversation as well. She should smile more often, or perhaps she should have done before, as the woman (who now felt more of a girl than she had ever) truly did change faces when smiling properly, although that was something she wouldn't know. Smiling at oneself in a reflection can never match the real thing.

[/html]